[PP-F6] Cooking and Concoctions (Piera)

BLOODY HELL why do I always pick the wrong outfit for the occasion?!  I wore a shirt and trousers on Four, then I was wearing a COAT on Six!  Wondering what Six is?  A bloody hot, sweltering jungle!  I chugged probably two bottles of water ten minutes in the place, and amazingly spilled none on my shirt!  Alright, rant over.  My business in the jungle?  I decided to message Piera, a girl who also knew Beoreson from my guild, and ask her to come material hunting with me.  How did I know her?  She didn't accept the discount on a dessert she was buying, so I gave her the discount AND told her to come material gathering as well.  I must say, I was rather excited to get to know Piera more.  After sending the message, I sat at the edge of Amazon and kept a wary eye on the woman warriors patrolling the area.  I might have liked to flirt with women, but I think if I did so with them the aftermath would be my head on a stick...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piera had gotten a message from the silver haired Crimson Blade member a day after they had met when she stumbled into his diner. She'd never been to the sixth floor and honestly was a little wary to come alone, but tried to assure herself that she wasn't completely helpless and she wouldn't be alone once she met up with Grave. And that in and of itself was half of her worries. To be honest, he was practically a stranger; they had only chatted for a few minutes and only had the tenuous connection of Mack &Beoreson and by extension, the Crimson Blades as a connection between them. But she had faith that Mack wouldn't let a person he didn't trust into his guild and so she was taking a leap of faith and putting her trust in Grave as well.

Upon teleporting onto the sixth floor, Piera sighed as she felt a blanket of humid heat fall upon her. "Ugh...it's worse than back home..." Grimacing at the heavy furred gauntlets on her hands, she seriously considered taking them off but decided that she'd rather suffer virtual heat stroke than be unarmored in an floor unfamiliar to her. The jungle was pretty to look at though, she had to give it that, though she suspected that it was equally as deadly.

Eventually she found the meeting place that Grave had designated and she caught sight of him, raising a hand as she walked towards him. "Hey, sorry for taking so long. Never been here before so it took a while." Her appearance was somewhat disheveled, cheeks flushed and her bangs sticking to her forehead. Then she took in his own clothing and smirked slightly, "Good to see that I'm not the only one suffering."

I chuckled when Piera spoke. "Yep, you bet... Let us just be thankful that this isn't the desert, or we'd be real screwed." I joked.  She looked absolutely smashed by the heat.  When it's cold, guys give girls their jackets.  What the hell are we supposed to do when it's smouldering hot?!  There's one option, but that's waaaaay out of the question!

I stood up and strolled to Piera, my lean figure towering over her.  Hikari hopped up onto my shoulder to greet the bespectacled female, too. "To be honest, I lack knowledge on material gathering.  Only did it for the profession quest and that's it, so lead the way, Miss Piera." I requested, smiling.

Piera shook her head as Grave said that they should be thankful that they weren't in the desert. "I'd prefer that actually. I'm used to the dry heat of the desert, but this humidity is killing me. Everything feels hot and sticky." She grimaced at the description but shrugged as it was the truth. "At least there's shade I suppose."

She blinked as the silver haired man moved closer to her but was distracted by the ferret like creature that she had seen before, now on his shoulder. "Hello again." She greeted brightly before turning her attention back to Grave. "Really? Oh, well then let's see what we can find." She began walking along a roughly formed path through the dense jungle terrain.

"You just have to keep a lookout for anything that stands out a little. Kind of like..hm....you know in the old games where the animation was kind of bad and you knew when a 'background item' was actually important? Kind of like that. It just catches your eye or stands out in some way. You can be wrong a lot of the time though and it'll just be some ordinary plant or rock or something, but you eventually get the hang of it. Some materials are also harder to gather I think if you're not a certain level. Oh,and of course you only keep a look out for things that would actually be useful for your profession."

The brunette's expression was somewhat rueful, feeling bad for not beginning with that. "Sorry, should have said that earlier. Like, as a cook, you wouldn't gather ore of course. You need to keep an eye out for something that you might find useful in cooking, even if not as a staple ingredient, like herbs or something I guess?" She shrugged.

[ID: 30468] [LD: 6+1=7] [Total Mats: 0]

{OOC: Any Loot Dice roll that is fifteen or higher earns you a material. I get a plus one to my Loot Die due to an item that I have equipped.}

Edited by Piera

(I know how to gather XD I'm just RPing Grave being unknowledgeable on the matter to make it interesting)

"Aha, I see." I acknowledged.  She sure did seem to know quite a bit about gathering.  I always just skirted around bushes and just kept my eye on it, never really scanning my surroundings for anything that stood out. "Well, that's problematic... Because I have a ton of rocks and sticks and other useless items from when I first started!" I said with a hearty chuckle.  Speaking of useless items, I realised I felt weighed down, and never really realised it at any other point.  While we walked, I scrolled through my inventory, gulping loudly when I noticed I still had my basic two handed longsword and clothing.  If I was in the desert, I'd have buried them right there and then... But the jungle wasn't exactly the right pl-

I think I may have just missed heaps of materials.

---

ID: 30471

LD: 6 = PAY ATTENTION, GRAVE!

Edited by Grave

{OOC: Sorry, I wasn't sure ^^;}

Piera laughed lightly at Grave's admission, shaking her head as she replied, "Well it could be that some of the rocks are ore in disguise for a blacksmith to use and sticks could be a good bit of wood for an Artisan to whittle, but I think only they'd be able to tell." Her expression was somewhat sympathetic as she tried to placate him.

"But otherwise it'd probably be best if you just dumped them or maybe sold them to an NPC merchant. At least get a few col out of it." She shrugged and scanned the area but didn't see anything particularly promising. There was green everywhere and she certainly didn't feel like going over every leaf. "What made you decide to become a cook by the way?"

[ID: 30475] [LD: 9+1=10] [Total Mats: 0]

Edited by Piera

I chuckled when she suggested selling my useless materials. "I have too much Col and not enough materials, sweetheart." Oh.  No.  I did not just slip into pet name mode.  Being with Opal seemed to have really changed me... "S-sorry!  I didn't mean to say that!" I apologized hurriedly, waving my hands in front of me.  To tell the truth, I was hoping she'd slap me for that.

When she asked why I decided to become a Cook, I had to take a while to think about it. "Well... I guess it's just my fondness for cooking from the real world.  I absolutely loved cooking outside of SAO, and I was really good too... Sadly, skill isn't shown in your craft in-game..." I trailed off, before my head perked up again.  Seriously, I had to focus!

---

ID: 30477

LD: 5 = Stop moping!

Edited by Grave

Piera raised a single eyebrow in vague surprise, her ears becoming slightly warm at the nickname attached to the end of Grave's statement and smiled slightly before chuckling at his apology. "It's alright. Let's just leave those kind of things for my boyfriend to say to me, hm?" Not that he'd ever call her 'sweetheart', but the sentiment was the same. There was no reason to get mad over it as it had apparently been a genuine slip and he'd even apologized.

She tried to cover up the awkwardness by looking around aimlessly, hoping to catch sight of a material but not really seeing anything that caught her eye....besides the entire jungle that was. The brunette focused back on the silver haired man as he explained the reason behind his profession and she smiled in interest. Laughing at his lament, she consoled, "Think of it as a challenge! To try and recreate flavors that you know are in the real world but you have to try and combine different things to make that effect. When you get high enough or find a certain dish or sauce, you'll have people flooding your diner in no time and then you can afford to be stingy and only accept materials as payment hehe." Her glasses reflected somewhat deviously.

[ID: 30475] [LD: 9+1=10] [Total Mats: 0]

Edited by Piera

I chuckled at the thought of my tiny, circular diner. "Yeah, that would be a sight to see... But I may want a space upgrade before that happens, don't you think?" I continued to laugh lightly, my shoulders shaking with each mini-respiration.  I really was running low on materials... I didn't have too many, but I had way too much Col.  At the stage the Wandering Forge was at, I could have bought the entire store off of Mack... Actually, on second thought, maybe not... Because it's Mack after all.  My eyes still locked onto nothing, and Crimson Cross gave an accuracy bonus, not a loot bonus...

---

ID: 30691

CD: 7 = Bet you wish you had something with a loot bonus, eh Grave?

Piera chuckled at Grave's point. "Just maybe. Unless you plan on using the chaos to lure customers into becoming soylent green." She stuck her tongue out at the idea, joking or not and then realized that it might have been a bit old of a joke for him to get. "Uh, soylent green is people. I meant...cannibalism..." The alchemist coughed awkwardly at her failed joke and felt like she had stuck her foot in her mouth once again. Looking around and realizing that they had yet to find anything, the brunette sighed. "Maybe we should head out deeper into the jungle. Might have better luck."

[ID: 30698] [LD: 5+1=6] [Total Mats: 0]

{OOC: It really doesn't help sadly xD *points to all of my failures*}

Edited by Piera

My right eyebrow cocked at the words Piera used.  What on earth did she mean?  She soon explained, and my mouth opened as my expression turned dumbstruck. "A-ah... Right..." I acknowledged.  That turned awkward real fast, and I was racking my brain to think of some way to diffuse it...

Thankfully that feat was pulled off by Piera, suggesting we travel deeper into the jungle. "Yeah, that might be more beneficial to us." I agreed with a chuckle.  The jungle was kind of already deep though.  I wasn't sure how it was going to get much deeper...

---

ID: 30700

LD: 3 = Nerp

At Grave's....well graveness at her offhand comment, Piera's ears flushed pink and she hurried to explain, "I-It's a quote...from an old movie. 'Soylent green is people'. I'm not actually suggesting you serve people. I mean to eat. Not that you can. Because they'd....shatter...um..." The brunette began to fidget, tugging at her collar that seemed suddenly to be constricting her in the hot humid climate and she readjusted her glasses, looking away from the silver haired man. She was seriously starting to rethink going out on a material gathering adventure with a stranger. As if she needed more of an opportunity to make a fool of herself.

Nodding at his agreement to push on further, the alchemist stepped over vines and tree roots as she walked. Something caught her eye however and she slowed before stepping off the path a bit to bend down and move a few errant leaves out of the way of a patch of flowers that oddly enough looked like yellow and red snails somehow. Tilting her head, Piera plucked one and found that it was definitely a useful ingredient. "Think these would be tasty?" She asked somewhat jokingly to Grave before depositing her find in her inventory.

[ID: 30707] [LD: 19+1=20] [Total Mats: 1]

Edited by Piera

(And we have struck gold!)

I tried my best... but I couldn't resist laughing as Piera fidgeted, obviously embarrassed by her execution of her reference.  I place a hand softly to her shoulder and gave her a kind smile. "It's okay, Piera, I understand, I completely get it." I assured her, keeping my speech slow and calm to make sure I didn't overload her while she was already flustered enough.  My hand left her shoulder and found its way to the back of my head, laying upon my other.

I watched as Piera bent down to pick up an ingredient that would be used in her... what was her craft?  I'm not sure she actually told me. "Hey, Piera... Sorry if you already told me about this already, but what's your profession?" I asked, crouching down beside her to pick one of the snail-like flowers the girl was foraging.

---

ID: 30714

LD: 20 = +1 Spiral Flower (Mat - 1)

Piera allowed herself a sheepish smile as Grave laughed at her blunders before resting a hand on her shoulder and comforting her, saying that he got it now. "Sorry." She hope she didn't come off as snooty or anything, trying to quote an old movie that likely most people in her own generation had not even heard of.

Tilting her head as she straightened, the brunette tried to remember if she'd told him what her profession was already, but honestly couldn't remember. "I'm an alchemist. My shop is on the same floor as yours, 'Piera's Potent Potions'. Though I can make crystals now too. I didn't really think ahead when naming it. I just liked how it sounded, ya know? I don't think I would've been this successful if it wasn't for you guys though by the way." She spoke of the Crimson Blades while looking away, trying to keep an eye out for anything else promising but not having any luck.

[ID: 30919] [LD: 12+1=13] [Total Mats: 1]

Edited by Piera

"No need to apologize, Piera." I reassured the brunette. "It's not your fault I didn't get the reference, and it just shows that you're that bit more cultured than myself, hey?" I told her with a light elbow nudge.  When she told me she was an alchemist, I had to let out a small laugh. "Guess it was fate that the two of us went material hunting together, then, hey?" I teased. "The materials we find could easily be used in both my cooking and your concoctions." I elaborated, in case she didn't get it.

When I heard her shop was on the same floor as mine, I beamed. "Guess I'll drop by your store if I blow a fuse over my crappy cooking, then!" I told her, and listened to the name; P, P and P... I had to make the joke. "Always avoid alliteration." I joked, waiting for it to sink in.  My face reddened slightly when she mentioned that her shop wouldn't have done so well without the Blades. "No, we can't have helped much, really.  I'm sure you would have done fine by yourself.  I'm certain you're an independent young woman." I complimented her, but the flirting stole my attention away from my material hunting yet again.

---

ID: 30947

LD: 4 = Flirting is very distracting

Edited by Grave

Piera managed a sheepish smile as he complimented how 'cultured' she was before shaking her head. "Nah, just was bored at my grandparent's house one day, heh." The brunette's smile became fully fledged as he said that they were fated to material gather together due to their professions. "Hah, star crossed lovers indeed. Just you watch soon we'll be fighting over the rarer mats. Though I do have to say it's easier than searching with say a blacksmith. They want to go explore a cave when you just want to stick to a forest or something."

She nodded in agreement as Grave stated that he'd be dropping by her shop if some of his cooking attempts ended up in failure. "Feel free. I might do the same. I really could've used a drink after the other day." She sighed before frowning at the memory. "Nearly burned down the shop..."  When the silver haired man told her to always avoid alliteration she tilted her head quizzically and said in mild confusion, "But...I did it on purpose. Cuz...my name. And potions..." She shrugged and wondered if her idea had been weird. She just honestly didn't know what else to call it at the time. When he tried to deny how much his guild had helped her she shook her head in amusement. "I'm really not, but thank you. You think I'm exaggerating but it's true. I owe Mack a lot. I'm glad that our guilds are going to be allied."

[ID: 31044] [LD: 4+1=5] [Total Mats: 1]
{OOC: My argument at this point is that they're too busy talking to notice any possible materials around them xD}

Edited by Piera

"Ouch." I replied when Piera mentioned her close shave with her shop's physical health. "Thankfully, my cooking hasn't gone that bad yet.  Keyword, 'yet'." I told her, before my contradictory statement flew way over Piera's head.  I facepalmed and sighed into my hand, muttering a brisk 'never mind' as it left my face.  My eyes flew open as wide as pancakes when she mentioned an alliance. "Oh, so my dear leader doesn't trust his Grand Officer enough to notify him about an alliance, eh?  I feel rather neglected now." I joked, making a mock pout as I did so.  The conversation was no doubt proving counterproductive to our reasoning for being out in the sweltering jungle; we may as well have just been sitting in a coffee shop and chatting... Well I'd personally prefer a winery, but I was unsure as to how Piera was when it came to alcohol.

---

ID: 31051

LD: 12 = Still chatting...

Edited by Grave

Her mouth quirked in an amused smirk as Grave stated that his cooking hadn't ever gone so badly that he nearly set fire to his diner. "Don't worry, I'm sure you'll have a close encounter sooner or later. We have those dangerous professions. Well us and blacksmiths I suppose. Fire bad."  Piera's eyes blinked in wide confusion behind her glasses as her silver haired companion face palmed and she wondered what she'd missed, but didn't want to annoy him. When he mentioned that Mack hadn't informed him (apparently the Crimson Blades' Grand Officer) about an alliance, the brunette froze and her face immediately became apologetic. "Nono, don't! I'm sorry, I spoke out of turn. It hasn't happened yet. He and my guild leader are supposed to meet to discuss it. Not even all of my guild knows about it yet, so don't feel neglected." Even if his tone was joking, the alchemist still felt worried about speaking of the alliance when it wasn't even a sure thing yet. Piera glanced haphazardly around the jungle before fanning her face with her hands in futile attempt to become cooler.

[ID: 31206] [LD: 11+1=12] [Total Mats: 1]

Edited by Piera

I made a mock pout when Piera cleared up the confusion over the alliance. "He still could have at least told me he was planning it..." I mumbled, before letting loose a jesting grin.  It was then that I realised something else I didn't know about Piera; what guild was she in? "Hey, Piera, another question for you.  What guild are you in?" I asked her, raising an eyebrow slightly.  I don't know why I hadn't asked that before, not that it would have mattered if I did.  My gaze continued to tear through the greenery, but my results bore no fruit... Or anything else for that matter.

---

ID: 31210

LD: 13 = Yeeeeeah, no.

Edited by Grave

Piera bit her lip in regret as Grave continued to pout, feeling awkward about spilling the beans until he grinned. "I'm sure he'll let everyone in the guild know once things get finalized." When he asked what guild she was in, she responded easily, "The Velvet Room. We're not exactly popular or even very large so I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of us. We do have two fairly powerful members though: Jomei and Lowenthal. I think they're both participating in the upcoming floor eleven boss raid." The alchemist's eyes darted around absently before letting out a sigh. "I'm starting to think that maybe the jungle wasn't such a good place to try and search for materials. Maybe it's just this particular area. Let's try and push on further. We'll go slow to avoid the amazons. Wouldn't want you to get carried off." She smiled at the idea.

[ID: 31257] [LD: 3+1=4] [Total Mats: 1]

Edited by Piera