(SP-02) The daily grind

Atlus found himself in front of the large plains he had come to know so well from his time grinding for levels. "Alright lets try and kill four today!" His bright red cape blew wildly in the wind, and his hand rested on the hilt of his blade lazily. Atlus scanned the area for some wolves, the prey he usually went after, after a few minutes he spotted a wolf patrolling the area by itself. Atlus ran off towards the wolf ready for battle.

The wolf was tough but Atlus was tougher "I've killed boar more than twice your size punk! Youre nothin!" Atlus slashed at the wolf but it was agile enough to dodge his attack. Atlus sliced at the wolves legs, which it easily jumped over "Fell right into my trap moron!" Atlus slid under the wolf and sliced at its stomach killing it. Atlus did an awesome looking roll, and got back on his feet. "One down three to go!" Atlus slid his curved blade back into its sheath collecting his rewards. "Im getting pretty good at this!" Atlus grinned.

Atlus brushed some grass off of himself, and then got back to searching for wolves. Atlus saw someone else fighting monsters off to the side of him 'Id better stay away from him, those are his prey.' Atlus walked a different direction searching for his own prey. Atlus saw another lone wolf, this one asleep. Atlus charged at the wolf "Get ready to die wolfy!" Atlus jumped up drawing his sword and attempting an attack from the air. The wolf awoke and quickly got ready for a fight.

Atlus pulled of the jumping attack slicing the wolf in half "Take that!" Atlus screamed. He quickly sheathed his blade putting his hand in the hilt lazily "Looks like I did a ton of damage by catching it off guard, Ill keep that in mind." Atlus spun around his cape swirling around him. 'I wonder how that other guys doing.' Atlus thought to himself, he heard a howl in the distance, and decided to investigate. Atlus found the person from before being attacked by a large wolf. "Oh no..." Atlus muttered "Dont worry guy your not alone on this!" Atlus slid down the hill he was standing atop of, but he was to late. The man was struck by a large paw and fell to the ground... and disintegrated. "No!" Atlus unsheathed his blade, and sped up towards after the giant wolf.

Atlus jumped up to attempt a jump attack, but the wolf easily dodged out of the way, despite its larger size. 'Man this things fast!' Atlus gripped his sword with both hands, and faced his enemy "Listen up punk! I may not have known that guy you killed, but im gonna avenge him ya hear! Now... come at me!" Atlus screamed. The titanic wolf charged toward him, and swiped with its paw, but Atlus managed to parry the attack and pushed the wolf to its side. Atlus made a large swipe at the wolfs side doing a considerable amount of damage. Atlus prepared himself for another attack.

The fight with the wolf had been going on for quite some time, and Atlus was taking damage. 'Ive gotta end this...' Atlus prepped a sword skill, his curved blade began glowing a intense red "Finishing move! Cressent! Regailia!" Atlus swung his blade at the wolf decapitating it. He slowly sheathed his blade, and then fell to his knees panting "Man who knew these things could be this tough." Atlus felt like he was about to pass out. "Id better make my way back to the city for the day, that thing might as well have counted as three wolves." Atlus slowly made his way towards the city he came from.

Atlus awoke from his long sleep. He got up, and put all his gear back. "Im feelin good! Maybe ill go grinding early today..."

Atlus found himself in the same area he had been in the other day. After some wandering he found himself at a cliff like area, looking down it seemed like it went on forever. To his right he found a young looking girl who appear lost. "Hey you ok?" Atlus asked. "I lost a friend of mine, he said he had gone to fight the wolves but he hasn't come back." Atlus flashed back to the stranger who had died the other day. "I saw someone like that yesterday but... Hey did you friend him! He should be on your list!" The girl looked at her list "No It docent look like hes on it? What do you think happened?" Atlus cringed "I hate to tell ya but... I think your friend may have died." Atlus said with a frown on his face.

"No..." Atlus looked into the abyss "Why did this happen? Why?!" Atlus screamed. A large wolf, the same from the last day approached, Atlus spun around, with a burning rage in his eyes "You again! It dosent matter Ill kill you just like before!" Atlus bolted towards the wolf, and struck its head with his blade, the wolf let out a howl, and charged at Atlus.

Atlus [15/15]

Massive wolf [15/17]

[1-4] Wolf hits Atlus for 1 damage

[5-8] Atlus dodges

[9-10] Atlus dodges and attacks 1 damage to wolf

The wolf swung at Atlus withs its massive paw hitting him. Atlus quickly shrugged it off, and counter attacked with his blade. "Take this you killer!" He screamed

Atlus [14/15]-1

Massive wolf [15/17]

[1-2] Wolf dodges and hits Atlus 1 damage

[3-5] Wolf dodges

[6-8] Atlus hits 1 damage

[9-10] Atlus crits 2 damage

Atlus hopped over Atlus strike and lunged at Atlus biting his arm. Atlus pushed the wolf off him, but still took damage "Why cant I hit you!" Atlus screamed with tears in his eyes, throwing a lazy vertical slice at the wolf.

Atlus [13/15]-1

Massive wolf [15/17]

[1-2] Atlus hits but hit is to weak to do damage

[3-8] Wolf dodges

[9-10] Wolf dodges and counters for 1 damage

Atlus swung at the wolf but it jumped out of the way and slashed at his side. "Why cant I fight?" Atlus said with sweat and tears all over his face. Atlus thought about giving up and accepting death, but remembers what he was fighting for. Atlus let out a massive howl "A true man can never die! Not when hes got a goal to work towards!" Atlus looked at the wolf enraged, and got prepared for its next attack.

Atlus [12/15]-1

Massive wolf [15/17]

[1-2] Wolf hits 1 damage

[3-7] Atlus parrys

[8-10] Atlus perfect parrys and strikes back 1 damage

The wolf lunged towards Atlus but he managed to parry the attack with his blade, sending the wolf into the air, Atlus used this opportunity to strike at the wolfs stomach doing damage. "Thats what Im talking about! I can do anything If I get nice and fired up!" Atlus prepared a second strike at the wolf which was still up in the air.

Atlus [12/15]

Massive wolf [14/17]-1

[1-6] Atlus hits 2 damage

[7-8] Atlus crits 4 damage

[9-10] Atlus misses

Atlus swung at the wolf hitting its side. "Take that beast!" The wolf squealed with pain but continued to fight. Atlus charged in and attempted another attack.

((Forgot to add health))

Atlus [12/15]

Massive wolf [12/17]-1

[1-3] Wolf dodges and hits 1 damage

[4-7] Wolf dodges

[8-10] Atlus hits 1 damage