[PP-F5] Stranded in the Sands <<The Traveler>> Complete!

Raising his left hand to blot out the harsh sun rays that pierced into his deep blue eyes, Lawfer stood at the teleport portal in the Town of Armidillo. A bead of sweat trickled down his fair skinned face and he peered out past the safe zone into the vast El Perdido desert, it was completely barren. Aside from the mounds of buildings that were scattered across this so-called town, there was no place he could find to escape the fierce heat from the sun as it was all encumbering on this floor. "And here I was thinking this quest was going to be a walk in the park." He mumbled to himself as he wiped off the sweat and flicked it to ground. As hit made contact with the earth, it evaporated. He was waiting for Opal, the vixen of his guild 'The Crimson Blades', he had met a day or so prior when they all celebrated the reopening of Beoreson's shop on the 7th floor. They had agreed to meet on the 5th floor to complete a special quest Lawfer learned about through an information broker. 

Lifting up his right hand, he pulled up the user interface. Pulling up his friends list he clicked on Opal's icon to send a private message. 'Not that I don't mind waiting on a beautiful woman such as yourself.' he typed. 'But could you hurry your intoxicating booty up?  >;D' He finished as he smirked. The sent mail indicator flashed. "Since I can't get a sun burn. I should have invested in a swimsuit." He stated jokingly. "Lets see... did I bring enough water." Lawfer asked himself as he began checking his inventory. He made sure he had brought along the remaining waters he was given when he was originally trapped in the game. He had no idea what to expect in this quest of survival. Only that he needed to be prepared.

Edited by Lawfer

"Teleport...!!! [censored]! Where am I going again?" Opal scratched the back of her head and there was a notification of a message that was sent from Lawfer. That was good timing on his part because she was about to check her message history to know exactly where she needed to go. As she read the contents she grinned slightly, she would have to get him back for that little comment, though appreciated. 

"Teleport Armidillo!" She vanished without a trace from Starting City and mere moments later she was teleported to Armidillo, which was a bizarre name. Something straight out of a "Hick Town..." she muttered looking around the dump. And then there it was, the sun. It took only a moment, just a mere moment until she felt the oppressive solar rays beat down on her body. The hell was this [censored]? Complaining mentally, she flicked her wrist and scrolled through her inventory, unequipping the jacket portion of her Treasure Seeker Costume, that was not going to do. A heavy leather jacket in the middle of the [censored] Sierra? Uh-uh. 

She lifted her arms up and slowly made her way to the blip of an icon that was her partner. There was already a light sheen of sweat on her body as she made her way through the broken down establishment of floor five. As she arrived she saw the back of Lawfer's head starring out into the barren wasteland that they were about to trek. 

"Oooh man. This better be a damn good quest, Lawfer. This damn heat is sucking the beauty right out of my skin..." she looked to him, not even so much as a hello. It could be worse, they could be on floor four where she, more or less of the time, was freezing her nipples off. The raven haired woman moved her hands to the back of her head where she tied her long black hair into a natural pony tail. She used the lower layer of her acting as the band in this case and just messed with it until it stayed in place. The woman was clearly perspiring already, the small droplets of sweat pooled around her neck and dripped enticingly over her small, yet busty frame. 

She gave him a look, "Alright, Handsome. Let's get the show on the road..." she swept her hand over inventory and equipped the ridiculously large greatsword known as The Ifrit, Lindow's Legacy strapped to her back. Her eyes widened from the shock of the weight, "God. Damn. Mother...." she stopped to adjust herself tilting the blade at an angle, "Ugh! Damn it...Alright NOW, I'm ready." 

Edited by Opal

"You seem like a 'more' than capable woman Opal. I'm sure you will get used to the heat eventually." he commented as he admired how the sweat only accented the curvy woman's body. Making sure not too stare to much he fixed his gaze on Opals honey eyes. "I got some information from a broker i use quite often about a quest that would give us a new skill. The quest doesn't yield any col, however, in this world you can put a price on an extra skill." he stated as he reached up with his right hand, pulling up his inventory once more he equipped his Crimson Pudao. 

As the large spear materialized on his back, he quickly switched from his inventory to the notes section in his interface. "Alright, Handsome. Let's get the show on the road..." he heard as he began to speed read the brokers instructions for the quest. It was a skill he taught himself as a child when he had to read all day to nurture his mind. "OK beautiful," he stated as he watched the slender woman struggle to compensate for the weight of the giant blade that affixed itself to her back. A laugh crept its way out as he began walking towards the vast desert. "Follow me, we need to make our way slightly into the desert and we should run into an NPC." He explained.

As the pair made it out of the safe zone that was Armadillo, they were approached by a seemingly sickly woman clad in cloth wraps. The wraps seemed to be the accustomed style of dress in these parts. Lawfer had seen it before when he traveled through the middle east in his 'sabbatical' after college. "Please, please. I lost some very precious cargo of mine in the desert. I need it so to trade for some medicine. Please find it. I lost it about a day or so's march from here. Will you help me?" The decrepit cloth clad NPC asked. A notification icon appeared in front of Lawfer. 'Do you accept this quest?' As Lawfer selected the 'yes' icon. The NPC slowly walked into Armadillo. 

"Looks like my broker was right." Lawfer said as he winked with his right eye at Opal. "Ladies first?" He asked raising his hand gesturing for Opal to take the lead. In all reality, Lawfer just wanted a quick glimpse of the woman from behind now that she didn't have a jacket to obscure his vision.

Edited by Lawfer

OOC: "Once in the desert, you lose a point of health every time you roll a 1 on your crafting die due to the wind and the sand." Mainly putting this here so I dont forget tomorrow when posting. 

ID: 30580 CD: 4

--

She nodded her head to Lawfer and once more adjusted the blade on the her back. As they walked towards the desert starting area, the NPC clod in what appeared to be a shabby looking clothes. Opal watched as Lawfer set off the trigger for the dialogue, both of them received the icon for the quest and Opal pressed her finger to accept the quest, "Looks like we get to help a leper find some medicine...I hope we don't have to do material hunting in the sand. This [censored] is already getting everywhere on me..." she dusted the mix of perspiration and sand from her belly as it came rolling off, she gave a disgusted look as she dusted her hands clean of the coarse sand. She eyed Lawfer when he gestured for her to go first. She narrowed her honey gold eyes at him, a playful grin on her thick lips. She stepped forward and they started into the desert. The sand started to pick up now that the duo were now safely within the confines of the desert. The coarse sand whipped around her body and she took heed of her HP bar, she heard that the sand and wind combination could drop their HP if they were unlucky, did Lawfer know of this? 

"By the way, keep and eye on your HP bar, the wind and sand will deal damage to use every once in awhile if we are unlucky. If we are out here too long, we'll probably be baked under the sun or drowned in the sand." 

She looked back over her shoulder to make sure he was keeping up, "I got some health potions on me as well, so we shouldn't have a problem getting this quest done and over with. But my concern is not the heat, since the trip will take a day and a night. We may end up having to find shelter when the sun goes down. The desert gets pretty damn cold and who knows what's lurking beneath the sand..." her eyes widened as if to spook the player, but he didn't seem to be worried, more or less his eyes were trained and being hypnotized by the sway of her hips.  

"By the way, how's the view back there?" 

Edited by Opal

ID#: 30581        CD: 9

--

Lawfer's feet sunk deep into the sand with every step he took as he trailed slightly behind the young woman. He observed as she constantly tried to remove the sand and swear from her seemly firm stomach. Listening to her words of caution, he remembered that his brokers information did indicate the possible damage to some degree. "Yeah I brought some potions as well. Though they are probably not as potent as the potables to you concoct at your little shop." he stated as he admired the his increasingly more mesmerizing view. The woman's remarks about the cold night did have merit. "We should be able to figure something out to stay warm tonight. If anything, you can use my body as a blanket. I promise I wont hate you for being used like that." He playfully responded with a smirk creeping across his face. The wind picked up slightly then mellowed out.

As Opal's last comments finally reached Lawfer he had realized had been caught by the alluring woman. Having only been planning to enjoy the sights for a few moments, he completely lost track of time. He had to salvage the situation somehow. "Well I'm sure National Geographic would claim it to be one of the 7 Wonders of Aincrad." He craft-fully responded.

Picking his pace up slightly to catch up, Lawfer found himself at Opal's left side. "I would have been foolish not to try to enjoy it for a few minutes. You know that." Smirking, he continued. Puling up his interface, he accessed his notes once more. "Well if all we have to do is walk then I think we are in good shape but I figure we should be hitting some resistance soon. The desert is crawling with overgrown scorpions and snakes. I hope your not afraid of any of those creepy crawlies."

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 30582 CD: 5

--

She was happy to know that Lawfer came prepared, it would have been severely disadvantageous for them if they were not, seeing as how the desert was nothing more than a wasteland pit trap for some unprepared players. She smiled at his comment about her shop, "You saw that did you? I'm in the midst of redecorating the place. I might end up moving to another floor as well, some place with a bit more room. The Crafter's District seems really overpopulated and there is always that smoke from the forger's shops, so it always makes the place look smoggy." she commented back. 

She looked at him with almost an 'aww' look when he said he could keep her warm at night, "You'll have to be careful. Grave has his sights on me too, ya know. And he is quite the charmer as well. You might have to do something a bit more different than sweet talking me if you wanna keep me interested, Lawfer." She giggled at the rest of his comment, marking her pert rear as one of the Seven Wonders of Aincrad. 

She nodded to him about there being hostile mobs in the area and she was actually keeping an eye on the sand so they wouldn't be ambushed as well while speaking about it, which in turn made her somewhat paranoid of the situation. She looked over to him as he asked her question about the creepy crawlies, "Nah. I used to have a pet boa a few years ago. Not scared of snakes at all. If anything, I'm ridiculously scared of crickets, grasshoppers, locusts and cicadas." she shivered at the last insect she noted about. 

Edited by Opal

ID#: 30583 CD: 8

--

When Opal had conveyed her feelings about the first floor, he knew them all to well. He responded, "Yeah, I just might have done a little research and took a gander at it. Knowledge is power after all." He winked then paused for a moment to wipe the sweat off his brow. "I know how you feel about the first floor. That's why I chose to put my studio up on the 4th floor in Snowfrost Town. I wanted to be close to guild, and the cold air reminded me of the winters back home in the real world." In a lapse of judgement Lawfer spoke about the real world. It wasn't like he hadn't spoken about it before in Aincrad, but it was the first time he did so with a newly acquainted comrade. He declined to continue talking about it.

Lawfer laughed, "Just because someone else is interested in you wont stop me from charming you Opal... It's never stopped me before and it never will." Lawfer stated confidently. "Besides, if you think this is charming just wait until I start singing to you." He followed the statement up quickly with a smirk. "But on the same note, I know that you wouldn't have come with me today if you had your heart set on someone else."

Chuckling at the woman's fears Lawfer placed his right arm around Opal's slender shoulders and whispered into her ear, "Well, let's just hope the killer crickets and cicadas from floor 41 don't spawn and wipe us both out." Realizing the heat that was emanating from the woman's small frame he removed his arm from around her shoulders. "We can save that for later, when we actually need the warmth." Looking forward, Lawfer noticed something in the distance.

The sun's heat had been playing tricks on Lawfer's eyes all day but he knew that it wasn't the case this time. A large black body was scurrying towards the two. Its large tail hung over its carapace, and two enormous claws protruded from its front. "Looks like my broker was right." He stated as he grabbed onto his Pudao with his right hand, the heat from the sun had made it almost too hot to hold onto. "Batters up! You want first crack at it?" He asked as he buried his feet into the sand and lowered into his stance."

Giant Scorpion- 14/14 HP  3 dmg

Edited by Lawfer

Opal smiled back Lawfer, he was a persistent guy, had to give him credit there. At least he didn't cower like a beaten dog with it's tail between his legs. Opal didn't talk about her personal life outside the game much, but she was somewhat happy he shared a little bit of that information with her."I would say I enjoy the cold, but I am small girl with almost no body fat...I shiver like my vibrator when it gets really cold outside. Can't say I enjoy the cold much."

He also talked about how if she was interested in another guy, she wouldn't have partied up with him in the first place? She laughed and shook her head, "You don't know me, Lawfer...sometimes the heart has no place for carnal desires. And let me tell you, I get those desires a lot. With or without the heat guiding me.." she might have sounded a bit like a [censored] who just thought about sex all the time in relationships, but thats what her relationships were mostly based on, booty calls. Alas, she had not found the right guy yet to keep her attentive to their whims. But here, that could possibly change. Grave was a great guy, caring, sweet, attractive. Lawfer was a smooth talker for sure, complimenting her almost every step of the way. And the brief contact they shared when he reached over her shoulder, she'd lie if she said she didn't enjoy it, despite it being butt [censored] hot outside in the desert. If it was a different situation, she might have made a move on him as well. 

Unfortunately there time together was cut short by a massive black scorpion making their way to them. She was hoping this would not be the case and they could avoid any mobs. "Such is the life of an MMO...Alright, I'll take a smack at the thing..."  With a small grunt, the woman unsheathed the massive crimson and silver blade from her back and readied it with both hands. The tip of the blade pulsated with two colors, one being silver and then an overlayer of red signaling a destructive skill is about to happen. Positioning herself, she threw herself towards the scorpion and her massive blade sent an earth shattering blow to its exoskeleton and then whipped the blade around for a second hit to finish the combo. She smiled back at Lawfer, "Nothing to it..." As the scorpion recovered from her attack on it, it's whip like tail came back down and got her in the back taking a small chunk of her HP with her. She fell forward falling into the pole armed golden haired warrior's grasp. 

"Thanks for catching me..." she said feeling the awful sting in her back. She got up and twisted her body around, "Alright. Now I'm pissed off..." 

<< Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 2]
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 

Giant Scorpion: 11/14 [+3 Dmg Mod] OOC: Making these a bit powerful, huh? @_@ 

ID: 30584
BD: 9 [+1 Dmg] +3 BD on Next Roll
MD: 10 [+2 Dmg] [I'll control the scorpion, but originally the spawner normally controls its action.]

Edited by Opal

OOC: My bad. First time in combat with someone other than myself. lol. Let me know if i need to fix something

As the seemingly weightless woman fell into his arms he made sure to position his Pudao in way not to impale her. "Well if it mean's getting to hold you a little bit longer. By all means, I'll catch you every single time." Lawfer replied as he helped the slender woman down. The scorpion seemingly towered the two, its black tail gnashed back and forth as if it was taunting them with its dominance and rage. Dashing towards the overgrown arachnid, Lawfer pivoted off of his front left foot, angling out in attempt to strike at its side. "Got you! You son of a b***h." He yelled. Driving his pudao forward, the scorpion flung its large claw back deflecting the attack off of its hardened exoskeleton rendering the attack futile. 

"That didn't work." Looking over to the sword wielding woman, Lawfer raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Well at least we know that we shouldn't attack his claw."

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 2]
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 [Hate 1]

Giant Scorpion: 11/14 [+3 Dmg Mod]

ID#: 30585
BD: 3 [+1 ACC]- +1BD on next roll

Edited by Lawfer

OOC: Oooh, I get to pop your multi player battle cherry! >D

Opal felt the minor sting in her back as she fell into the arms of the Spearman. He helped her up and made a small comment and she could do nothing more than lightly blush and smile at him. The Giant Scorpion seemed like it wanted to go on a rampage as it's tail whipped back and forth in a menacing way, Opal stood on her guard while Lawfer switched out and started his own attack which ended poorly for him. Opal squinted, "Maybe the claw is the way to go...?" She took a step forward as Lawfer continued to stab his spear in the air but the Scorpion was clearly more interested in the woman than the man at this points, all it's hate was directed on her. The tail of the scorpion came crashing down, Opal rolled out of the way into the sand and got up on her toes and crouched as a massive pincer came rolling from her other direction. Her blade lit up with a crimson glow, then pulsated with a silvery aura. She smiled, another skill. As the claw cam back around, Opal hefted the weight blade up over her shoulder and ran into the desert towards the scorpion. A quick forward slash was brought down on it's exoskeleton and then as the pincher came swinging in, she hammered it with the blade sending it backwards in the other direction. A horrible screech was heard as the Giant Arachnid staggered from the brutal blow. 

"Two points for Opal, zero for the smooth talker..." she said with a foxy grin. 

<< Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 4] +3 BD on Next roll [rolled a natural 9]
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 [Hate 1]

Giant Scorpion: 8/14 [+3 Dmg Mod] 

ID: 30654
BD: 9+3 [12] = [+1 Dmg]
MD: 1

Edited by Opal

As the heavy sword wielding maiden's blade slammed into the monstrous black scorpion, Lawfer watched as it was sent back several yards. It was a solid clean hit. Lawfer sprinted forward to continue the onslaught. He could feel the sand sink deeper the harder he pushed off. After the bone chilling shriek, the monster stood there staggered. Its tail hung lower than before. "You really did a number on him." He remarked as he switched in. Lawfer's hair erratically whipped back as he reached full running speed. Using the dormant laying claw as a stepping stone Lawfer pushed off jumping towards the scorpions black carapace. Gripping his pudao in both hands, he aimed the point downwards and he slammed it into the scorpions back. As it pierced the exoskeleton it screeched once more. Lawfer ripped the deep sunk pudao out of the overgrown arachnids back and leaped of the scorpion to the left, rolling to safety as he hit the ground.

"Make that Opal two, smooth talker one... Don't worry though, I'll catch up." He stated confidently when what seemed like a great idea popped into his head. "Let's make a wager. Loser has to sing the other to sleep tonight?" he asked, gesturing for a follow up attack from the sultry maiden.

<< Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 4]
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 [Hate 2]

Giant Scorpion: 5/14 [+3 Dmg Mod] 

ID: 30662
BD: 8+(1+1) [10] = 3DMG

Edited by Lawfer

Opal looked back at Lawfer, "I better not win then, cause I don't want your ears to bleed if I have to sing. I can't carry a tune well..." she said with a slight pout. She looked at her blade as it pulsated with a darker crimson color, the silver aura dispersed then returned again. She eyed the blade and smiled. Swinging the blade around she charged for the injured Scorpion. She shuttled herself into the air by leaping, whipping the sword around to one side, she swung it like a bat. A brilliant spectacle of lights ignited towards the arachnid as it was shot with the fury of a thousand blades. The skill <<Omnislash>> had created several dozen deep gashes along the exoskeleton of the creature. Its pincers sank into the sand as it bled, not even the tail looked animate anymore as it was staggering and wobbling side to side from the abusive strike. Opal kicked back several feet back to Lawfer, "That rarely ever happens. I am just getting lucky...Maybe you will too..." a thin dark eyebrow raised as she gave a sultry smile to the golden haired Spearman.  

<< Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 6] +3 BD on this roll, +3 on next roll [natural 10]
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 [Hate 2]

Giant Scorpion: 1/14 [+3 Dmg Mod] 

ID: 30674
BD: 10 [+2 Dmg] + 3 Keen = 13
MD: 2

Edited by Opal

Lawfer laughed after hearing the vixens explanation of her vocal capabilities. Lawfer himself had a fair singing voice in the real world, but thanks to the game mechanics and his chosen profession his in game singing ability had been heightened to that of a talented musician. Lawfer had finally realized that Opal's blade was unique, it must have had a skill that allowed it to glow the way it did. He shifted the Pudao to his right hand, its tip sinking slightly into the barren sand. Charging forward, he switched in once more. He was determined to slay the monster this time around. As it wobbled seemingly defenseless, Lawfer leaped toward its 'head' aiming for one of its many eyes. The scorpion snapped to attention and tensed its body and brought both of its overgrown claws in to defend its beaten and disfigured face. Gripping his spear tightly, he flung it forward as he came crashing down. The Pudao had deflected of both of the claws and when Lawfer made contact with the ground, an eruption of sand covered the air. Leaping back to a safe distance, Lawfer reestablished his footing. "S***!!!" Lawfer paused to collect himself momentarily. "Looks like I already used up my luck today." Lawfer responded, referring to earlier when he had trailed Opal examining some of her very distinct features.

<< Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 6] 
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 [Hate 3]

Giant Scorpion: 1/14 [+3 Dmg Mod] 

ID: 30675
BD: [3 +1]

Edited by Lawfer

She could only squint as she watched the golden warrior go left and right as he was manhandled by the still living scorpion. Opal had come up to the Black Arachnid and thrust her blade with both hands into the brain section of the massive insectoid and then whipped it out as it shattered into hundreds of digital shards. She swung the blade around in her hand and then fastened it to her back. She looked to Lawfer, "Looks like you'll be singing me to sleep tonight, Sug." She said collecting her rewards for the kill and just in the nick of time, the sun was going down half way from the horizon. 

"We only have what? Two days to get this over with before that leper peels over and dies? We better hurry up if that is the case." Opal looked around her, she had momentarily forgot about the heat and the on going battle had made her sweaty beyond the point that the beads of water were just streaming down her body. She wiped the sweat from her brow, "Ugh...gross. What are the chances we find an oasis to skinny dip in?"  

<< Battle Engaged>>

Opal's HP: 22/27 [Hate 6] +3 BD on this roll
Lawfer's HP: 23/23 [Hate 2] OOC: I believe hate is only generated on a successful strike. 

Giant Scorpion: -/14 [+3 Dmg Mod] 

ID: 30679
BD: 8
MD: 6
LD: 16+2 = 18 [+70 Col]

Rewards: +1 Material, +70 Col  [Opal] 

Edited 46 minutes 

Edited by Opal

OOC: My BD this time was 10 go figure -_-

ID#: 30680 CD: 7

-2 Waters

--

Lawfer smiled as he ran both hands through his hair straightening it out and removing an ample amount of sand at the same time. "I hope you like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." he responded as he looked up into the sky, it was getting late and they hadn't even found the cargo yet. Sliding his pudao back into his harness looking into the sky once more, trying to gain his bearing. He didn't want to travel all the way out into the middle of the desert for a quest and get lost at the same time. Pulling up the map on his interface, he rechecked they're trajectory. As he lifted his head, he looked over at Opal whom had been glistening from her sweat.

"Well if we do find one. I promise not to peak.... too much." He responded as her comment sounded incredibly appealing. Looking back down to his interface, he switched over to his inventory and withdrew two waters. As they materialized in his hands, he threw one over to the sweat covered woman. "Make sure you drink up. I don't want you passing out on me just yet. I still need to sing you to sleep." Taking a drink of the water that was still in his left hand, he poured some on his face, then in his hair to help him cool down.

"This way, mi'lady." He commented, gesturing the direction with his hand. "I suggest we save our strength and walk until it begins to cool down. We can pick up the pace when we wont kill ourselves with the heat.... By the way... what skill were you using back there?"

Edited by Lawfer

She looked at him blankly, "I hope you have something better planned than 'Twinkel Twinkle.'" Her eyes widened showing the natural beauty of her honey irises. They stood there for a moment while Lawfer was taking a look at his map. He seemed to have a good set of eyes, if it was her she would have been lost in no time. Good thing he was dependable and knew his way around the thing. 

Opal caught the canteen of water and she nodded to him, he seemed to splash some over his face and hair to cool off. That would have been a good idea for her as well, she could feel the coarse orange sand in her hands as she attempted to dust them off. She took a small swig of the contents, it was cool and refreshing as it went down her throat. She gasped as half of it was already gone. She had some stored in her inventory as well as some bread, she really hoped she didn't have to eat bread tonight for their meal. She sprinkled some in her hand and dabbed her body with the cool water. Her eyes closed and she titled her head back, running her fingers down the length of her small busty frame. She blinked a few times and felt a bit better from the heat with the cold water on her. 

After there short break, Lawfer suggested they walk and save strength. He was now in the lead and Opal following closely behind him, "You might not peak, but I would be doing more than just that, Sug. But we'll have to hold off on something like that for now, we need to find that damn cargo." she walked a bit slower than usual, the heat still very much on her mind.  

ID: 30681 CD: 5

"As for the skill, I only know the name of the enhancement. Its called Keen +3, other than that...I can't really explain what it does. I think it gives a higher accuracy boost than the named enhancement under certain circumstances under the law of RNGesus. This blade was Lindow's before he passed away. It was made specifically for him. I inherited the blade trying to walk in his foot steps. I didn't realize both the sword and being on his path were so heavy..." 

Bringing up Lindow kinda caused a hitch in her voice. She didn't want to think about that right now, not when there was important things to deal with. 

Edited by Opal

ID: 30685 CD:2

"Well that's a nifty enhancement." Lawfer responded as he began to listen to the backstory of the blade. He had noticed the slight pitch change in her voice. Lawfer had heard stories about Lindow from the guild, he was even at his funeral to pay his respects to the man even though he never had the chance to meet him. Lawfer summized that they were close, he wasnt going to pry. He was too smart for that having gone through misfortunes himself. "Well if you ever need help caring some of that, let me know. I've learned to carry a few things myself."

Lawfer could feel the blistering heat of the desert letting up ever so slightly. The sun was setting and the day would soon to be night. "Well seeing as how we probably want to stay away from an Oasis so we wont run into any more of our monstrous bug friends, I'll let you enjoy at least this much." Lawfer retorted as he smirked. Lifting his right hand, he initiated the interface once more. Scrolling through his inventory he selected his shirt and unequipped it revealing his defined upper body. Closing the inventory, he placed his hand back at his side.  Having removed his shirt, Lawfer could feel the suns rays beat down harder on his body. He couldn't develop skin cancer anymore, so it didn't bother him much plus the gusts of wind felt that much cooler to him now.

"On a serious note, we should probably be getting to the cargo soon." He paused, thinking about when the pair had met the NPC, Lawfer couldn't help but notice how slow she had moved. "The NPC 'leper' as you so kindly put it, moved really slow. If she had been travelling that slow the whole time, we should run into the cargo in about another hour or so. If the game actually took that into account, that is. Which it hopefully did." He concluded with a laugh. Looking back to Opal, he was lost momentarily in her honey yellow eyes. Turning around, he proceeded to walk backwards as he observed the woman's intricate facial features. "Smooth talking aside, I wanted to tell you that you are beautiful Opal." He confessed openly and adamantly with a smile. "I'm glad that i'm stuck in this desert with you." not watching were his was going. He tripped over a rock and feel on his back. "Well sh*t... There wen't my coolness..."

Edited by Lawfer

OOC: SOOOOO did not forget!! -did forget-

ID: 30687 CD: 12 [of course]

Opal would have had her hands all over the blonde's hot bod if it wasn't for the fact that she had to mention Lindow's name out loud. Silly girl was now flustered and even saddened. Then Lawfer went off about how beautiful she was and giving her compliments, why now of all the times? She simply smiled at him, "Thank you..." she said only with a smile an uncharacteristic smile that almost seemed forced on the young woman. While she love being complimented, right now was probably not the best time for such things. They had to find the cargo, and Lindow. Lindow. Lindow. She shook her head, the raven locks from her ponytail coming undone. She huffed throwing her hands over her head once more tieing them in a natural knot. "Ugh! Damn thing...!" Alright, cool down Opal. She was losing it, she was hot, sweaty, her feet were aching and it didn't matter how long they have been out in the sun, she was being baked alive and she felt it. She could feel her Bitchy Side coming out until...

"Buwahahaha!!!" she giggled snorted a laughter as the carefree performer stumbled over a rock as he was attempting to compliment her, "Smooth move there, Criminal."

Opal smiled at him adoringly and helped him out of the small little dune he had got himself into. She then ran a hand down his nicely sculpted chest, only to help blow away the sticking sand, "Looks like you need that oasis more than I do now..." she said continuing to brush him off. 

"Hey Lawfer, I know you are just trying to be sweet right now...But you think you can dial back on the flirting for a while...My girly emotions are in a mess right now. It's nothing personal, but...everytime I bring up Lindow...it just seems...my mind gets a little dreary. I don't mean to be super emo on you are anything..."  

Edited by Opal

ID: 30690 CD:2

--

"Yeah you're probably right about that one." Blushing slightly as the brunette helped the golden haired scoundrel rid the sand off of his body. The feeling of her small hands on him felt nice. It had been sometime since he had the luxury of being touched in quiet some time. The fun was interrupted slightly as she began to explain about her mixed up feelings after loosing Lindow. Taken slightly aback by her words, they resonated in him a bit, he had known what loss felt like as well. Bending his head down slightly, he touched his warm forehead to hers. "It's OK Opal... It really is. If I had known early I wouldn't have played around so much... Losing someone always hurts... " he paused as he raised his right hand to his chest. "It rips a hole so large inside your chest that it burns every-time the wind passes through." Pulling back his head he smiled gently.

Lawfer wanted to continue to talk with the solemn girl more about it but he knew it wasn't the time. Nothing that he could say would fix her, only time could do that. The only thing they could do now is find the chest and try to get back to town so that they could rest and forget about the slightly upsetting occasion. Turning to southwest Lawfer looked at the sky. The sun had just about set and the sky began to turn orange and purple. Night was nearing and he had wanted to at least find the cargo before resting. "Follow me." He ushered her forward. They were still about 30 minutes out from where he summized the cargo would be. Hopefully there would be some sort of shelter along the way.

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 30693  CD: 1 [of course] 24/27 HP 

Opal smiled at the golden haired performer. He was sweet for saying such words and the contact as their heads bumped together gave her a sense of well being. He did seem to care about her feelings and that was a nice change. She found similarities in both the men she was interested in. Grave the Pugilist, and then Lawfer the Spearman. She couldn't quite decide which one was more charming amongst the two of them. Not to mention a late arrival to the scene, Jomei. She didn't forget that green garbed Irishman for a second. She was having trouble keeping herself steady from all the redness going to her face. 

She had noticed that the sky was turning to a darker hue, orange and black now played the symphony of the night as the stars started to poke through in the blanket of night. It wasn't until then when he said to follow him that a coarse barrage of sand seemed to suffocate the woman. She fought off the mini sand storm that was consuming her before it tore her to pieces. She felt her hot body being impaled by the sand as the coarseness seem to scratch her from head to toe. And just like that it passed leaving the girl wounded and then dropping to her knees.  "Just my [censored] luck..." she said standing, Lawfer though quick to her air helped her up. She was bleeding in small places, but it was nothing too serious. "I'm fine, thanks. Just some small scratches...Let's go..." 

They continued their trek across the desert finally Opal spot something not too far away from them, "Hey...? Is that what I think it is? Looks like the cargo, ya know?" 

As they came closer to it, it was indeed the cargo they needed to finish up this quest. However, the outside air was becoming bitter and cold. Replacing all that hot sun with cold chilling winds. Opal brought her hands up to her arms and shivered lightly, "I didn't think..." her teeth started to chatter, "It would get...like this..." she muttered. 

The cargo was being held by a broken down wagon with a leather tarp surrounding the sides. There was enough room for the two of them, Opal and Lawfer to make use if they decided to take a rest. 

"I need some rest, Lawfer...I don't think it'd be a good idea to continue at night right now. The mobs might be especially active..." Opal searched through her menu, the Treasure Seeker Jacket once more appeared on her body and she felt the relief of the cold as the jacket fit snug around her body. Though it was an open jacket and she was still barely wearing anything with it save the strappy tube top. 

She climbed inside the wagon, her body reaching up and Lawfer pushing her inside. It was at a small incline and the cargo didn't seem damaged. She pressed her hand onto the contents and it was inside her inventory immediately giving them more leg space in the broken wagon. 

"Hey...you said...you wouldn't mind keeping me warm...right? Mind if I snuggle up to you?"

Opal allowed Lawfer to rest his body against the back of the wagon before she dragged herself between his legs and flipped herself over. She pulled his arms over her shoulder, if he didn't want to snuggle she would be more than happy to back off. 

Edited by Opal