<<Long live the Queen>> Anarchy (Koumori and Opal) PP-F2

I has sitting on a bench in the Main settlement, Urbus on the second floor. I had been checking the quest board all day to see if anything needed to be done. That was when the quest Long Live the Queen came up. Curious, i read the details. A field boss was apparently discovered by people farming her henchmen. The rewards were just too good to pass up, so i messaged Koumori and Opal about the quest. I wasn't too worried about Koumori coming, for we were good friends. But, i was a bit concerned if Opal would join. Sure, we were in the same guild, but I had rarely spoken to her. I told them the details of the quest and told them to meet me on the second floor. I took a walk over to the teleport gate and waited to see if them would show up. If not, i would be taking on a queen by myself... 

I was on the sixth floor when I got a message from Abalasster. I sat in a cafe in the middle of Amazon as I read his message. Apparently, there was a quest on the second floor that required the defeat of a new field boss. Based on the rewards it seemed pretty worthwhile. I had nothing else better to do anyway so I decided to accept his offer. I liked Abalasster, he was one of the few. I stood up from my table and paid for my drink before walking out and towards the teleport gate. It wasn't very busy so I was able to step right inside. "Urbus"I yelled to no one and I was off. After the brief animation and strange tingling sensation I was almost instantly taken to the main town of the second floor. I stepped out and was surprised to see Abalasster already waiting for me. I walked over to him with my hands in my pockets before greeting him. "Hey. Ready to go?"

(I think it's okay for you to respond here right now, it would make sense to have a talk before Opal arrives)

Edited by Koumori

(Sounds good)

I turned to see Koumori come out of the teleport gate. At least i wouldn't have to go at it alone. He asked if we were already to go. "Not yet. We are waiting for one more" i replied. "I invited Opal as well". I motioned for Koumori to follow me to an open bench nearby. We sat and i asked him about his life in Aincrad. He was still a mysterious character to me. He had never mentioned to me if he had taken up a profession. I was aware that he wasn't apart of a guild, nor was he interested in joining one. I looked out to the crowd of the second floor. I was unaware that it was this busy. That was when i saw it. The same black cloaked man that was at the tavern and in the desert. I let my hand fall to my rapier. He would be an idiot if he thought he could take us on in a safe zone. I didn't let my facial expression change, I didn't want to involve Koumori in this just yet... 

(I know you said you didn't want to involve Koumori yet but he's too observant to let that hand on rapier thing slide)

After I greeted him Abalasster told me that he had also invited Opal along as well. I was surprised at that. I didn't think we needed three people and I would've rathered it just be the two of us, but I had nothing against Opal in general so I decided I wouldn't protest. "Alright" I said as he motioned for me to follow him to a nearby bench. We sat down and he began to ask me what I've been up to when he did something strange. I noticed him look over my shoulder as he reached down and placed his hand on his rapier. That's something you do when you see someone you do not want to see. I spun my head around and was even more surprised at what I saw. It was the same cloaked man that had followed Abalasster and I on our last quest. I figured he was just apart of it, what was he doing here? I turned back to Abalasster and spoke to him in a low whisper. "It looks like you have a stalker. Anything I should know about?" I was curious as to why this guy kept popping up when I was with Abalasster. It definitely had something to do with him since I had never seen the man when I was by myself or with others. Considering how things went the last time, it would be good if we could give him the slip. I hoped Opal arrived soon. 

"It would look like that wouldn't it" i said back to Koumori. It would appear that he saw me motion to my rapier. This figure reappearing made me question its existence and its persistence. What were its goals and why did it want me and Koumori? What did it have to accomplish? I shook it off and looked back towards Koumori. "Anyways, like i was saying. What have you been up to lately?" I wanted Opal to get here as soon as physically possible. I didn't want to have to think about this thing and his black cloak. I just wanted to go and kill the wasp queen....  

"It does. We're going to have to shake him eventually" I said to my friend hushed. I turned my attention away from the mysterious man and returned it to Abalasster. Seeming like he shook off what we had just seen, he asked me his question again. "Nothing too exciting, but such is the life of a solo player. Speaking of which, any new drama in that guild of yours?" I couldn't help but crack a small smile. Any mention of Mack's troubles put a smile on my face. I didn't know why I took so much pleasure in his misfortune, but I knew he felt the same about me. I still was wishing for Opal to pop up. It would be better for us to get out of there as soon as possible with that man watching us. In terms of actual time though we still had plenty. It wasn't yet afternoon. 

(Okay now we should wait for Opals response)

Opal had received a message from one of the Council Members about a certain quest. She bit her lower lip reading the message, why was she chosen to be on such a quest? Perhaps this was some weird test or something from the Crimson Blades...She thought about her last run in with Xion in the field as he was more or less displaying his dominance over her during the training session. She sighed lightly. She walked around her Cauldron, she was in The Dragon's Breath, her very own Alchemy shop when the note appeared before her. 

She breathed in slowly and exhaled slowly, garnishing her shoulders with the colorful cloak of the Crimson Blades. Now she was to arrive on floor two to meet up with him. Opal had sought out the teleporter and was redirected to floor two. She was already twenty minutes late by the post of message stamp indicated on the message. She hurried and didn't look where she was going. She ended up knocking over someone with a black cloak on in her hurried state, she leaned down to help the person up grabbing his elbow and apologizing over and over. She caught a fraction of a shadowy face before he threw his arm forward to get away from her. She narrowed her eyes and pouted, "I said I was sorry! Ugh! Whatevs!" the young woman looked around, she didn't see Abalasster around anywhere until she noticed him on a bench with another player. Was that Koumori? She was happy, this meant it wasn't strictly Guild Business. 

"Hey boys! Sounds like we are gonna go on a quest!" Opal saluted her superior in a mock fashion, throwing her hand up to her brow and clicking her heels. 

I looked up from Koumori to see that Opal was now with us. I picked myself of the bench and responded to her. "Hello Opal. How has the training with Xion been? " She shot me a salute. "If you picked that up from Xion, its not required for me. I feel as if my position isn't above anyone else. But, if you want to continue with it, I love flattery. Now, on to the quest. We will be venturing to a place where the field boss is summoned. We got to kill a few of its minions and then the boss spawns. From the knowledge I've collected, the minions have about 4 to 5 health each and slaying two are required to summon the boss. So. if we are ready I shall lead the way". I looked back into the crowd to see if the figure in the black cloak was still in my field of vision. I kept my hand on my rapier just to reassure myself that i could fight back if needed. Though it was futile in a safe zone, I still had a weapon I could use...  

(We can use the old combat rules in this one still right? Please say yes)

Only seconds after I answered Abalassters question, Opal arrived on the scene. Abalassters quickly got up off the bench to great her to which I followed. "Yep, so we are." We both stood there and listened closely as Abalasster explained the full details of our mission. Seemed simple enough, shouldn't be much trouble for us. I shook my head in satisfaction and spoke to the two, "Alright then I guess we should get going." Half of that was wanting to hurry it along and the other half was wanting to get out of there. I didn't know where the black cloaked guy had went but I knew I didn't want to stick around to find out. The fact that he's showed up twice gave me a bad feeling and a chill down my spine. I wondered if he would come to face us again. Pushing that thought aside, I returned my attention back to the quest party. The looked to be in agreement so got ready to begin moving. 

OOC: YES! Cause I wanna read how some stuff works before I mess with the new stuff. Plus since this thread was started before the new changes were made, I think we stick with the old format. 

"Awesome! Well I am ready to go, poor guy though. I almost toppled over him when I came crashing through the teleporter. He had bicolored eyes though, I thought it was pretty strange. But yes, we should start getting on this quest thing. So we need to kill a few mob minions before the big guy on campus shows up? Easy enough, besides I have two very strong capable with me...right?" she looked at Kourmori and Abalasster, "You...two don't expect me to be...fighting do you? I thought I was called up just to be the eye candy..." she gave a small pout, but was teasing, "I'm just kidding! Let's go slay some baddies! After you gents! I shall bring up the rear!" 

"Alrighty then. The positioned have been assigned;Koumori and I shall fight the monster while Opal sits and does what she wants" i said smiling towards the group. I lead us out of the safe zone and towards where the quest was to take place...

We made it to where the wasp queen was supposed to be summoned. I saw that there were two wasp supplicants had spawned. "I'll initiate the fight. Koumori, after my initial hit or miss, you charge in after. Opal, i suggest that you stay here and wait for one of the wasps to let their guard down. However, these are just my suggestions. I drew my sword and charged in after the wasps... 

ID; 30956

BD: 10

Abalasster: 34/34

Wasp 1 10/10

Wasp 2  7/10 -2 bleed next two turns

I landed my rapier right into the abdomen of one of the wasps. I slid it through the things body in a downward motion until the sword came out. I jumped back and readied myself for the retaliation... 

Abalasster assigned he and I to fighting and Opal to, well, watching. I didn't care though, the first two enemies at least would be easy. Abalasster initiated the fight and told me to follow up on his attack. He went forward and struck the first wasp with his rapier before leaving room for me. I decided that I would instead attack the other in order to save time. I pulled out my blade and went to the other floating wasp. He didn't put up much of a fight as I swing down my blade over its black and yellow body, creating a large glowing gash in the creatures skin. My strike was a solid hit and took out half of its HP. I was satisfied as I stepped back and guarded myself and yelled to Abalasster. "You're up!"

ID: 30957

BD: 9+1=10 (5 DMG)

Abalasster 34/34 (Hate 3)

Koumori 40/40 (Hate 2)

Wasp 5/10

Wasp 5/10 bleed

(I have +2 evasion if that ever comes up)

Opal slid into her stance, the massive blade known as The Ifrit was drawn from the sheath on her back as it came towering down towards the ground with both hands on the decorated hilt. She wouldn't allow the two men to show her off, she could fight too! Although she was weak compared to them, but still...She had to pull her own weight. Taking a forward step, the raven haired woman sped through the two men inbetween and leapt into the air. The bleeding wasp felt the full brunt of her cleave when she decimated the target with a single blow. Its body was chipped but it was barely staying a float after her successful strike. She looked back at the two men...

"If you guys score a full crit on a killing blow...I might give you a kiss on the cheek~" she said in a flirty tone, half teasing. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Abalasster: 34/34 [Hate 3]
Koumori: 40/40 [Hate 2]
Opal: 34/34 [Hate 1] 

ID: 30959
BD 7

Wasp1 : 5/10
Wasp2: 1/10 [bled out]

Edited by Opal

The blows dealt by Koumori and Opal were pretty amazing. We were able to get one wasp to the point where it would bleed out and the other was at half. I sized up the last wasp. It readied its stingered and looked hell bent on killing me. It's friend wouldn't make it to see the next round. I got into my defensive stand and got ready for the beast to strike me...

ID: 30966

MD: 8

Abalasster 33/34

Koumori 40/40

Opal 34/34

Wasp 1 5/10

Wasp 2 Dead

The wasp sent a flurry of strikes at me. I was able to catch most of them, except for one that went right across my face. I stumbled back. I gripped my rapier tightly and retaliated against the wasp...

ID: 30967

BD: 8

Wasp 1  4/5

I thrust my rapier into the abdomen of the other wasp. I then removed it and kicked the thing back...

Opal sprang into action and delt a killing blow to one of the wasps. Well it didn't kill it but the bleed did. The remaining wasp charged Abalasster. He parried its strikes for awhile and was able to block all but one. Not deterred, he got it back by driving his rapier into it. Stepping out of the way he left the rest up to me. I felt confident about this one. "Alright guys lets get to this boss" I said as I raised my blade. I took a leap at the wasp and sliced it with my blade. It attempted to dodge my attack but wasn't able to counter my speed. The new burst into light. With the wasps defeated the boss should appear any second. "Get ready"

ID: 31058

BD: 5+1=6 (4 DMG) 

All enemies defeated

Koumori 40/40

Abalasster 33/34

Opal 34/34

Opal turned around and readied The Ifrit propped up on her shoulder. Both Kourmori and Abalasster were able to deal with the drone wasps while the Queen was lurking somewhere near by. They could hear the flutter of the wings in the forest as they stood still and silent ready for the approaching Queen. Opal gripped the hilt of the massive blade, her long raven longs swaying left and right as her head turned back and forth keeping her eyes set on the mission objective. The woman's feet sdug into the ground from the heavy weight of the object on her shoulder, it was still so damn heavy even after using for a good while. She had missed her own Rapier as Abalasster so elegantly destroyed one of the wasps. 

"Alright...I hear it, but I can't see it..." she said in a low tone. 

• 1 month later...

I looked over to the source of the humming to see I giant wasp emerge from the haze. I had always had a thing against bees so this really freaked the crap out of me. The sooner we defeated that thing the better. Ready to finish the job I turned to Opal and Abalasster and yelled "Alright, let's g-" But when I looked I saw that Abalasster was gone. "Where did he go?" I was about to begin searching when I remembered the giant intimidating boss was hovering behind me. I quickly turned around and leaped toward the creature. "We'll look later! We have to beat this first!" I landed just in front of it with Opal just behind me. The sight of the creature up close unsettled me more than I thought it would and I froze in my tracks. I hesitantly looked over at the women and spoke. "Maybe you should try it first?"

Koumori 40/40

Opal 34/34

The Queen 30/30

Edited by Koumori

OOC: Was I doing 2 dmg last time? Lol. I cant even remember...

Opal turned back behind her, the curtain of black hair spiraled off her shoulder as she looked back as Abal had long since disappeared, maybe he got scared or maybe he got lost? But neither was the time for that, now was the time to squish a giant ass bug! Opal almost tensed up in place gripping the firebrand named blade The Ifrit. She hefted it over her shoulder and smiled wickedly, "I got dis, baby doll!" Heavig it off her shoulder, she started with a slow jog, the massive blade behind her towing on her heels as she brought the blade upwards and down cleaving a slice from the exoskeleton wasp and down towards the ground, giving it a wicked new damage tattoo upon its body. The Queen buzzed around and attempted to strike Opal, only tomiss due to the sheer force of her grand two hander. 

<<Batte Engaged>>

Opals HP: 34/34 [Hate 1]
Koumori HP: 40/40

The Wasp Queen: 28/30 [+2 Dmg]

ID: 35805
BD: 8
MD: 3

Edited by Opal

Opal wasted no time in taking the initiative. She was even comfortable enough to throw her all too familiar humor into her attack. "Baby doll?" I questioned as I watched her deliver a sizable blow to our insect friend. After it was hit the wasp queen attempted to strike back at Opal and I took this as my signal. Without delay I rocketed toward the creature and leaped into the sky. I brought my blade down hard on one of its legs and cut it clean off, landing on the ground with a limp thud. I got back to my feet and spun on my heels into ready position. I was happy with myself that I was able to land such a clean blow on the first try. "Alright were in gear!"

ID: 35806

BD: 9+1=10

MD: 5

Koumori 40/40 Hate 2

Opal 34/34 Hate 1

The Wasp Queen 23/30

In gear they were! Opal had just finished her massive bladed attack on the Insect Queen and moments later building on that momentum, Koumori had equally in turn taken a swing at the thin wiry legs of the Queen. Bounding left and right they all exchanged blows, but it was Opal who would once more take a spot in the light as her oversized sword came crashing down upon the skeleton of the wasp queen's back, brutalizing it with the heavy side before smacking it with the other end. The dazed and confused insect had no choice but to stay back from the two's bold attacks. The stinger upon's its butt aimed to take them both down sooner or later. 

"Muwahaha! You can't defeat the great Opal!!" the woman laughed placing one hand on her hip and the other one resting the braod two handed upon her shoulder, "Let's getter done!" 

<<Batte Engaged>>

Opals HP: 34/34 [Hate 1]
Koumori HP: 40/40 [Hate 2]

The Wasp Queen: 21/30 [+2 Dmg]

ID: 35089
BD: 7
MD: 5

Edited by Opal