Greetings Programs!

Good Afternoon All,

I am Raven aka Sutiru here in SAO. I am new to the site and SAO, truth be told. But not to gaming in general! I started RPing back in 1979 with AD&D 1st Edition, and I have not stopped since! 36 years and counting! I have copies of each version of the D&D manuals as well as many other RPG's that I have played over the years. I am no stranger to Play by Post games, having played in more then a few. And even was the mod of one site for RPing. I have a great love for the Drow, Gaming in general and what I call Realistic Animation. In fact I have one whole shelve of my 4 1/2 foot long shelves in my walk in closet full of nothing but Animation. Titles like Yu-Gi-OH, 24 Different DC Comics Animated Movies, Teen Titans, Ranma 1/2, Gargoyles, Wolverine & the Xmen...just to name a few!

When I am not gaming, I am either playing RPG's & MMO's, Beta Testing games, Reading, Writing fictional stories with my friends, trying to bring my Art skill back from the dead or watching Real Life Crime Shows like Forensic Files, The New Detectives, The FBI Files. I can build computers from the ground up and used to do Tech Support of computers over the phone for different companies. Now I am Disabled, as such it gives me time to explore my different loves. I also used to do live combat with the Medieval Fantasy Combat Origination and I hold an Orange Belt in Tang Soo Do. 

An old roommate turned me onto SAO and I have come to love it. I have watched the First 2 arcs at least 3 times now. And I am working on my character concept for here. I got the name Sutiru by seeing how you say Steele in Japanese, my character's last name. I liked it and took that as both the Character's Display name and his last name. I have a good idea of what I want to run, and hope to have my character up soon. I even have the name of his first journal entry picked out! "The First Step in Avoiding a Trap, Is Knowing of it's Existence!" Clearly referencing the fact that Sword Art Online is a Trap. (Points to those who know where I pulled the journal title from!!)

I am friendly and outgoing for the most part, thou dealing with chronic pain on a daily bases does take it's toll on me. And sometimes I have to drop out due to pain levels. I do hope that you understand. I have setup my computer to help me with that, using a special keyboard, the Kinesis Advantage Keyboard, a Logitech Track ball and Razor Nostromo keypad (for gaming) and Razor Tiamat 7.1 Surround Sound Headset system. . You can see the keyboard in MIB 1 and Flubber with Robin Williams (RIP). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask! Thou there are parts of my RL that I will not speak about.

I do have one question for the board: Where do you get the SAO Gui Graphics? I would love to make my own Signature with them, like I have seen here! I will be using Gimp to modify them, it is just as good as Paintshop Pro and free to boot! I look forward to making new friends and having lots of fun here!

Until then, remember... stick them with the pointy end! *ducks*

Raven

PS: the Image in my profile is me, recreated with the Dragon Age Character Creation Engine. You can see it below. ;)

I totally meant it. You've got so much over on me. There's no way I can compete with all of your experience. ^^

Oh no no no no, that's not what I meant! I'm just a jokester haha. Your post didn't come across the wrong way at all. 

Thank you both. *soft smile* All that experience comes from being an Old School/Veteran gamer. Hell I even have my dice in a Crown Royal bag! Something a lot of 1st Edition players did. I used to volunteer at the San Diego International Comic Con, just so I could get in for free. Did that for 9 years, and ended up being staff that last year I was there!

Sometimes it is hard to read the emotion behind text, unless you know the person in RL. Thank you again for your kind words, and I look forward to RPing with you both some time soon. (Once I get my character up and running that is.  ;)

Dude that's seriously awesome! If I could get into comic con even once I'd be beyond stoked. Well you seem to really know what you're doing then! Hope you still have fun here and get some good stuff going. Fingers crossed it gets accepted soon! And if you need me just hit me up (well don't actually hit me)

@Zeke what do you mean? Did something happen?

Edited by Koumori

Dude that's seriously awesome! If I could get into comic con even once I'd be beyond stoked. Well you seem to really know what you're doing then! Hope you still have fun here and get some good stuff going. Fingers crossed it gets accepted soon! And if you need me just hit me up (well don't actually hit me)

@Zeke what do you mean? Did something happen?

Well my friend, the early bird is the one that gets in. How I did it was: I was first person there, before opening. Then once I saw a staff member I would knock and get their attention. Explain that I wanted to Volunteer and I would be allowed in. I would wait at the Volunteer's desk and let them know, I want to work NOW! Most of the time Registration would need people, and I did not mind. By the end of my shift, they wanted me back.. and I got in free. Good luck with your new knowledge! 

As for my character, I am working on it. Got a couple of questions.. once I feel comfortable with info, I will be posting in the Journal area! I am looking forward to RPing here!

Another one to add to my list...

*Formally Bows to you with his right hand out to accept yours, if offered.*

You have a very well written profile and I love the look of your avatar as well. Pulled from Second Life, am I correct? I look forward to meeting you in Aincrad, M'Lady Opal.

I think I might be done with rping with others, but I appreciate the offer and kindness you've shown. You seem like a really cool dude, I hope you have better luck here than I have. ^^

I am sorry to hear that your having trouble. I know I am new here, but I would be happy to talk to you about this if you wish. Be it here or in PM's..your call. Perhaps I can help?