[PP-F2]The Sin of Pride (Zelrius)

artworkTavern.jpg

Rose threw open the doors to the local inn. A broad smile stretched across her lips as she swiftly entered into the room, allowing the door to swing closed behind her. It was nice to see that there were no loading screens in this game as that would seriously kill her rather happy mood. Inside the Inn was particularly empty, clearly indicating that if you weren't on the first floor, then you were definitely much higher up. However Seeing as she had just finished her first hunt it seemed fitting that she should move up a floor. Soon she would be up at the top with the rest of players, and soon she would best them and head up further. It was amazing how one victory could fill someone's head with such visions of grandeur.

She approached the counter where the NPC innkeeper was posted. He was a homely sort of sprite, looking like he had seen some action in his younger days, but had now long since retired to serving drinks to would be adventurers.  "Goo evenin, miss. Wha can I get fer you today." He said cheerily. Rose only smiled as she layed out some coins on the counter. "I'll take a drink if you don't mind." The inn keeper snatched up the coins and quickly obliged, bringing her a mug of something or other, that she swiftly picked up, before giving the NPC a quick wink and heading off. It was a shame that no one was here, she had wanted to brag about her recent victory. The fact that she had gotten the help of a much larger player had not even phased her as now she believed she knew enough to get by. "This game aint so tough." She said rather loudly as she took a seat near a flight of stairs that no doubt led up to the Inn's rooms.

Edited by Red_Rose

(OOC, Careful with the swearing, even if it is censored. I understand it is part of your character and personally I don't care, but the Admins get a little angry at it.

Secondly, Sin of Pride is a beautiful name for the RP, given Zelrius is as arrogant and narcissistic as it gets) 

Zelrius checked the time on the watch tower closest to the Cathedral. It would seem with the ending of the meeting for the next boss fight, his agenda had been cleared and it would be a few days until the actual fight got going. He shrugged, and headed of to the teleportation gate of the grand city of Taft in Floor Eleven. Upon reaching it, the golden haired boy stepped up and teleported off to a small town on the second floor, that of which he dare not say aloud so that none could disrupt one of his few quiet places in the world of Aincrad. Upon reappearing in the main square of afore mentioned town, Zelrius stepped down from the podium, pulling back the white gloves on his hand so they were on correctly, then flattening any creases in his dress shirt and over coat. No matter the tempature, The golden haired boy had always worn a tuxedo of sorts, colors and styles being the only thing varying. He reached his gloved hands up and fiddled with his bowtie until it was on straight and then walked off to a nearby inn.

As he meandered through the streets, Zelrius took a moment to admire the ever so solitude air that filled the near empty town. Though near empty wasn't quite right. It was filled with NPCs who lived their lives like normal people before technology made things ever so complicated. Entering the nearby inn, Zelrius glanced around, and for a second was happy that it was empty. That happiness quickly faded with the sighting of a girl not far from the main center of view. The arrogant curve of his lips didn't change the least bit upon sighting her, he merely grimaced on the inside upon seeing the indicators of it being another player. Letting out a sigh, the boy thought to himself that everyone has to share paradise every once in a while.

Adjusting the golden sheath on his hip, Zelrius took the skull of the hydra off his head, depositing it in his inventory, and centered the Azure Commandant's pendant around his neck so it sat squarely on his chest. The lines of thought on his forehead disappeared with simple egotisim as he made his way toward the counter and ordered a small drink, that of which he also said quietly as not to disclose he would not be drinking alcohol. Upon getting the drink, Zelrius nodded, paid a small fraction of his abundant col, then turned and silently drank from the cup. Setting it down, he didn't look toward the girl, only spoke in his ever so demanding and clear voice. "Tell me Mademoiselle, what brings you to this quiet place in the middle of nowhere today?" His usual tone and speaking pattern matching that of an olden day aristocrat.  

(ooc: Fair enough. Sorry I figured with the censoring. Ill keep things toned down to the lesser cussing and only in moderation.)

Rose looked up as a new face entered the Inn. He was certainly something different to said for sure. He wore a skull to some beast on his head, but before she could determine it he removed it. She took a second to look him over, before turning back to her drink and taking another generous sip. The contents had been something considered to be alcohol, while it warmed her up from the inside and made her feel relaxed, she noticed that an indicator had appeared next to her health bar stating that she was currently suffering some negative status effects. If anything that was a neat thing to say the least. It was almost like real life alcohol.

A moment later and a voice cut through the Inn's silence. Considering that she was the only other person here, and the only one considered a mademoiselle she looked up to see the man addressing her. She hesitated a moment before responding, taking another quick second to look him over. For the most part he looked harmless, or at least as harmless as anyone could look. He also seemed to be enjoying a drink like her, so they had something in common. Maybe that's why he was talking to her, they had something in common and he wanted to get to know her. She smiled again turning in her seat to face him. "I'm moving up in the world. Gonna start adventuring seriously now." She said with a confident smile. Her own curiosity was peaked now. Who was this man and why was he here of all places. He was not dressed like a low level player, yet here he was at a place that people were either too big or too small to be at. "And what about you? What brings you here?"

The boy lifted his mug to take another drink of is something-or-other. He readjusted the golden sheath on his right hip so that is was parallel to it and not rubbing up against the counter he was leaning on. Then his hands trailed up and began idly fiddling with his bowtie, It would appear that this one wasn't much different from the others. Moving up in the world, Zelrius took a second over those words. That wasn't much different from anyone, let alone low levels. They all wanted to grind and 'Get Stronger'. They all wanted better gear and to fight on the frontlines as if it was some glorious and righteous thing. It was people like this the golden haired boy was awfully bored with. It was the words in the following sentence that caught his eye.

He actually turned to her, silently repeating them in his head. Gonna start adventuring seriously now. That piqued his interest. "Adventuring, eh? Why not play a different MMORPG then for a little Adventure. SAO certainly was not the game to come to for that." Despite his words, Zelrius himself knew this to be the greatest Adventure he had ever had. Throughout his Childhood, the golden haired boy had played many RPGs and MMOs. All the while his characters went on great long 'adventures' and lived lives the boy wished he could do himself. In the modern world, the hope was all but lost as he got older. Then, SAO came along. And without realizing it until now, Zelrius was truly in his own adventure, as he had always dreamed. The downside being Death was more than a possibility. She spoke again, This time snapping him out of his trance of thought. "Simply waiting for the next Floor Battle to start. I had just gotten done with the meeting with the other guild leaders not to long ago. Now it is just a little bit until we fight it and move on to Floor 12."

Red looked at him quizzically. He was actually encouraging her to play a different game? What kind of man was this? "I'm stuck here." She said coldly popping over her menu to look at the logout button that didn't exist. After learning she was trapped she had spent hours trying to make the button appear, opening, and closing her menu's over and over. Clicking on an option that didn't exist. Nothing helped. Eventually she settled on the idea that she wasn't going anywhere, but still from time to time she would open her menu and look, just in case. "It's not like I chose this game anyways. Honestly It's my first game..." She hesitated now taking another drink. Perhaps she was sharing too much information now. She had no idea if this guy was a good person or not. He could easily manipulate her if he was familiar with things around here. She would needed to be more careful in dealing with people if she wanted to survive. "But, I'm doing alright for myself." She threw in at the last minute, attempting to make herself sound tougher.

His next statement was both exciting and surprising. He was a floor clearer. one of the Elites that pushed the game along. In a flash she picked up her drink and near lept from her seat, moving swiftly to sit at his table. She had not been invited to do so, but given that the pair were conversing she assumed that consent was implied. "Your from the front lines?!" she asked a little louder than she had intended. That was where she wanted to go. Not so much to be a hero, but instead to spite her ex. She wanted to get out of here and tell him how well she had done in his stupid game. "You must be one Helluva player if your up there."

He laughed at her first comments. "We're all here stuck here, Dear Lady. However, much unlike you, I did Choose this game, just not to be stuck in it. That was a bit of a surprise. And even more so unlike you, This is not my first game." As he said those words, the boy lifted his drink to his mouth and sipped the rest down, gently setting it down and then his brow furrowed. This time when he spoke his voice took a slightly more serious tone, "And a game as easy as this sure as hell won't be my last." With a quick thinkg over her words, his head rotated slightly to the right in a questioningly expression. "You chose your first game to be a VRMMORPG? That is something you don't hear everyday. I'd love to hear the story behind that. That's an awful lot of money to spend despite having no experience." It was the comment quickly thrown in afterwards that made the lines on his forehead disappear once more and his expression to revert back to arrogance. "You say that, Yet here you are on the Second Floor in a small Village. It's okay though, You'll meet tons of people and learn that none of them even come close to me. So I suppose you could be doing good for yourself, I am just not a good comparison." There it came out, The golden haired boy's signature ego.

He leaned back in his chair, his eyes closing and relaxing as he spoke. Quickly it was broken as they shot open to her sudden movement in his area. What the hell.. He thought to himself as she began to speak about the frontline thing. He laughed at her comments again and replied. "Yes, I am from the Frontlines. Have been doing it since the Fourth Floor. Though I can guess the reason you're asking is the same reason every low leveled player asks: You want to know how to get up there. Truth is: You don't have to be a "Helluva" player to get up there. Being half my level is plenty. But I'd personally perfer if you were a bit higher than that. I dislike parasites."

Red could only wonder what it was like up there. Originally upon finding out she had been trapped here, she had had no interest in getting involved in the fighting. But recently she had come to the conclusion that she needed to learn to fight, and help to get out. That's why she was here now, pushing up so to speak. Zelrius was one of those players who had seen things. He had fought hard, and witnessed the world around him change. No doubt he had seen players rise and fall, and watched hero's be forged. He probably was one himself, some valiant knight who walked around in normal clothes so as not to impose on the lower levels. He was a man here by choice, he was here to make a difference.

"Well there is not much to tell. Before this, I never played games. I bought one for my douche of a boyfriend, caught him cheating, and kept it for myself to spite him." She let out a little sigh, fighting her urge to smile at her own story. She had recently shared it with another and he had thought she had a good plan to get back at him. "Of course it looks like the jokes on me, because here I am, stuck..." She smiled now at the irony of it all. Perhaps her ex was having a laugh at her right for being stuck. Or he was pulling his hair out for missing the greatest adventure ever.

"I'm not eager to get to the front lines. But I do want to get their someday when I'm more ready. Honestly the stories Id have after would be amazing."