First Aid Clarification

So, Emerath is going to be trying out the new first aid healing system (already respecced) but I had a few questions that aren't explicitly clear in the details of the skill.

So First Aid is a percentage of healing done with a chance to miss, that's is easily understood. But I'm mostly concerned about percentages and rounding, as well as a flat minimum heal.

For example, say I'm healing Emerath's twin brother in combat. His health is currently 12. 4% of that is .48 healed. This raises two questions:

• One, how is this rounded, up or down?
  • Two, even if rounded down does that mean that Emerath always does at least one HP of healing, or is it rounded down to zero and First Aid is then essentially useless for partying with low level players? I can't imagine it would be the latter, but I figured rather than assume it would be better to ask.

Also, apologies if this was answered somewhere. I did scour the new tuts but I didn't find a clear definition.

Edit:

Additional questions:

• Does healing generate hate?
  • Can there be critical heals and critical heal misses, similar to attacks? For example, CD 11 = +1 HP healed and CD 12 = +2 HP healed
  • Do buffs or debuffs that affect the CD roll in any way affect healing rolls?
Edited by Emerath