[OP-F1]- Sleep is thy mortal enemy

OOC: I have no idea what this is. So I will just make stuff up. Kindly bear with me here, anyone who so wishes to join this topic, and have a nice day. Or evening.

Elyth wished someone would kindly explain to her why they needed to sleep in a virtual reality. And then she questioned why she had only thought of this right this second, when she was nearly toppling onto the ground, tired as a hibernating bear in the middle of winter, and she wasn't even remotely close to an inn.

In fact, she was stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere. At least she knew she was on the first floor. And she could see that she was in a forest... Like last time she got lost, and the time before that. Seriously, wasn't there a map merchant somewhere?

This is one of those days that I wish I had a computer in game, she thought, before sitting down beside a tree and taking out a cup of computerized coffee. Or a GPS.

The Black Swordsman, Kirito, awakening from his slumber in the forest as he opened his eyes and stretched his arms letting out a loud yawn. Man I actually fell asleep in the forest. Damn that's dangerous. I'll try not to do that again or it could cost me my life. He thought while standing up and dusting himself off.

Looking around the area he notice some legs. Kirito's eyes widen as he shrugged a bit and decided to look around the other side of the tree which he then saw a young female standing before his eyes. He gave her a nervous smile before rubbing the back of his neck.

Feeling uneasy he finally decided to speak. "Hey? What are you doing out here? Oh...I'm Kirito." he looked away nervously.

Dellis had no clue where he was.

No, actually, that wouldn't have sufficed to describe the situation.

Dellis had absolutely, utterly, totally, no small, tiny, infinitesimal, idea, of where he was at the moment.

*I told you we should have turned left at that split.* Thought the little lizard on his shoulder, munching idly on some cream croissants.

"Shut up!" He shouted.

Yes, on top of that all, he was speaking with his lizard.

Several metres later he collapsed to the ground.

"Ah, leave me here Izzy. Go on. I can't walk anymore. You transform in dragon and carry me."

*As if I could do that. Plus, if I could right now, I'd transform to burn your clothes with my breath. That would serve you well.* Thought the little lizard.

Seeing as the lizard had no intention of helping, he began stumbling towards a tree.

It was at that moment, that he smelled the coffee.

It took him a bit of time to elaborate that there was a human attached to the cup of coffee. Izzy had eaten all their last provisions, so he was tired, hungry, and sleepy. That asked for a different thought processing order than usual.

Still, he had some manners, even if his stomach was rumbling audibly.

He figured he should introduce himself to the young girl which was having coffee in the woods, her back to the mossy tree.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Dellis. I'm a Blacksmith Shopkeeper, here in starter town. Aaaaand..."

He stopped for a second, unsure what to say.

"... I'm stranded." He finally sighed, his arms limping a bit.

"You know how to get back to the city?" He asked, full of hope.

Elyth stared at the boy who was walking towards her and raised her coffee to her mouth. Oh look, a person, she thought as the figure approached. Wait, it's person. And I should greet him, instead of nonchalantly drinking coffee.

"Pleased to meet you, I'm Dellis. I'm a Blacksmith Shopkeeper, here in starter town. Aaaaand..." The boy said, a little lizard trailing behind him and his stomach rumbling, Elyth noticed.

He hesitated before going on.

"... I'm stranded." He finally sighed, his arms limping a bit.

"You know how to get back to the city?" He asked, full of hope. Elyth could only sigh in exasperation and hope he got the message.

"Nope. There is no way I can find my way out of a department store, so how would I know? Besides, we're in a forest, and I'm going to fall asleep any second," she said, trying her hardest to keep her eyes open and balance a cup of coffee on the ground before carefully extracting a loaf of bread from her supply of emergency goods. "Want one?"

That was when the other person approached. Elyth had just put her coffee to her lips again when a black figure stepped out from nowhere. It looked like a boy.

So she forced the burning coffee down her throat as the boy stood before her, and tried to appear awake as she threw the empty cup into her bag. The boy gave her a nervous smile- really, why would he be nervous around her? She was drinking coffee in the middle of nowhere- and introduced himself.

"Hey? What are you doing out here? Oh...I'm Kirito," he said. Elyth could see that he was dressed all in black, and for an instant, she thought of a grim reaper, but quickly brushed that aside.

She stuck out her hand, not noticing that she was slowly falling asleep. "Nice to meet you... I'm Elyth."

NT: Apparently, Kirito doesn't want TO RP HERE ANYMORE- cries- so just disregard that because I'm too lazy to edit this out.

The young girl put down the cup of coffee, and answered him.

"Nope. There is no way I can find my way out of a department store, so how would I know? Besides, we're in a forest, and I'm going to fall asleep any second"

That sounded familiar. She was exactly like him, no sense for directions.

"Ah, I'm about to fall asleep too. It's been..." He counted the hours "... sixteen hours since I last slept."

The girl reached into his purse, having probably noticed his hunger, and took out a loaf of bread.

"Want one?"

Dellis eyed the loaf of bread with the mouth watering.

"uhm... I was gonna say no so as to be corteous, but... truth is i'm too hungry, so I'll take it."

In that moment, another person approached. As he was coming nearer, he started to recognize his appearance.

*... that isn't... is that...*

"Kirito?" He thought.

Yet, the stranger moved off into the distance. He thought he had recognized him he had helped him with his first quest, but since he went away, he guessed he'd never know for sure.

OOC: Edited since Kirito wants to drop out of the topic, as he said in PM.

Hearing the boy beside her being as cautious as she had been so long ago- ah, when was that?- Elyth sighed.

"Listen, when you're stranded, the first thing you do is kill everything in a 10-meter radius, then go to sleep. After that, wander around until you get tired of it. This cycle repeats until you get to town. Then I usually get lost again. At least I fill up my map," Elyth said, brows furrowed. She really was an expert on this now, wasn't she. Time to kill some stuff, or go to sleep.

Dellis yawned, and decided she was right. He sat down near her, back to the tree.

"Well, I guess you're right. You seem to be an expert on being stranded somewhere. I guess I'll be like that too, in a few months." he stopped. "Well, actually, you could sell those maps. People like me would pay dearly." He put the lizard down next to him. She seemed to be sleeping already.

"So? What are we gonna do? Kill everything in the radius of ten meters, or just drop here dead till tomorrow morning?" He yawned, once again. He really should have brought some coffee with him too.

"Uh, did you see any monsters around? 'cause if not, I'm going to sleep. If you did, I'm still going to sleep because the monsters don't usually attack unconscious people. In my experience, of course. Dunno about other floors," Elyth commented. She got cranky when she was sleepy, and couldn't fight well either.

Which was bad. Really bad, considering exactly how often she got lost. So she was ardently hoping that nothing in the area wanted to attack her and the coffee would serve as a boost. Or something like that.

But this was SAO. And SAO is a butt, thanks to Kayaba Akihito, Elyth thought, all her brain cells unanimously agreeing.

So she got up, not wanting to take any chances, and unsheathed her sword, getting ready to slaughter some innocent mobs who would be not so innocent if they attacked her when she slept.

Damn, even walking while half-asleep was a bad idea.

(Hope you don't mind me joining...)

Nope.

Nope.

NopeNopeNope.

This can't be happening.

"HOW THE HELL DID I GET LOST?!" I screamed in frustration, scaring off some mobs.

I facepalmed myself as searched for any players, hoping they weren't lost too and could help her get out of this place. Being the idiot I was, I thought I could go into a forest and not get lost, and NOT bring any teleport crystals with me.

I noticed a female player walking drowsily as she unsheathed her sword, not knowing that a mob was right behind her, ready to pounce. "Watch out!" I shouted, sprinting to the monster and whipping away from her as I unsheathed my sword and attacked the mob.

"Slant!" I shouted, blade enveloped in a blue light, charged at the mob, hitting it right in the spot,

dealing 2 dmg.

DandelionWings: 13 health points.

Wolf: 7 health points.

DandelionWings rolls the dice; battle dice 9, crafting dice 10, and loot dice 15

Rage woke up from sleeping near a beautiful big tree that covered his body in shade so he wouldn't get tanned, he just realized that he could have gotten sleep pk'ed, Rage began to feel his body hopefully hoping that he is alive (lol that alliteration, not intended but whatever) Rage then fell down beside the tree's shade again alive, he then heard a big roar from a girl not so far from here, he got up and ran towards the area, it was 2 girls.. One is holding out her sword to fight the wolf the other is.. I have no idea.. Rage unsheathed his sword.. walking upwards to the wolf, he patted it's head and said Gomen ne! Rage slashed it's body and watched it disappear/erupt into blue crystals/shards that soon vanished from this world. Rage unsheathed his sword and looked at the girl who was shocked at how easily I killed the beast, Rage remembered that face Oh hi there, we met earlier.. didn't we? Rage remembered of his rude actions as he cut the cloak of that girl's he felt guilty of doing that and thought that the girl didn't want to see him again..

A life without risks is a life half lived

Rageagumon

(no, that was fine, Dan^^)

Many things had happened around Dellis, whose reaction time wasn't that... reactive, at the time.

A wolf appeared behind Elyth. He immediately tried to rise, warning her about the danger, but another hooded girl came running up from the forest.

"Watch out!" She shouted, attacking the wolf in a blue flash before he could even speak.

The wolf, wounded, stumbled sideways, growling lowly, only to be pierced by the sword of a man who seemed to have appeared from nowhere.

"Gomen'ne." He said, as blue shards flew to the sky and disappeared slowly in the breeze.

He sighed. "That was close." He neared Elyth. "Are you okay? I hope it didn't hit you." He asked, worried.

He turned to the girl with the hood. There was only one girl which could be so shy as to wear a hood, and yet jump without second thoughts to help complete strangers. "Good to see you again... Dan." He smiled.

Elyth shook her head. She had just spaced out for a while, and now there were three other people? Where did the other two come from?

"Uhm... Hi. I am Elyth, and I don't think I know you people. Or do I? Oh, and what just happened? I spaced out a bit just now..." She said as loudly as she could, yawning.

I sweatdropped a bit at the girl who had snapped out of her daze, and then turned to Dellis. "Hey Dellis, its been awhile." I said. I turned my attention back to the yawning girl, and figured out why she looked so tired but was in the open field. "I'm guessing your trying to kill as many monsters there are in a 10 meter radius so you can sleep?" I asked.

Rage smiled at the girl as she was shocked at how easily I cut the wolf, he then turned around to the crowd saying So.. do you guys/girls still need me? I can cut the way open to town until you guys get to safety.. it's not anything much of a big deal, if all of you are hurt which looks like 2 of you are and this young lady here (pointing to Kat-chan) are quite tired.. so if you need my assistance i'll gladly serve without pay Rage smiled offering his help so that this crowd could get to the town safely

A life without risks is a life half lived

Rageagumon

Dellis yawned again.

"Well, I don't really know if Elyth wants to get to the city at all, but if you want to help us, I'm not one to refuse." He stated. He put his back to the tree again.

"Ah... if I could at least sleep a bit..." He said, sadly. "I'm really tired. Searching for materials is exhausting." He concluded.