[PP-F2] Memories...[Grave] [Complete]

It had been awhile since she has last laid eyes on the darkness of the quest cave. She had her arms folded behind her as she stared at the enormous mouth of the dark cave. A slight smile tugged on her lips as she remembered that first day she met him, right here at this very spot. Opal had attempted to sneak up on the Pugilist, knowing full well he was one of the Council Members of the Crimson Blades. She had figured perhaps she could have some wild adventure with the guy as he stared blankly at the cave. 

The next few moments had passed between them, and Opal inserted herself into his adventure, though it was a safe bet to say that he did not mind the company. All during the adventure between the two, they had flirted wildly amongst one another, shameless flirting, pet names, everything. Including small touches here and there. For in Opal's eyes, Grave seemed to be a worthy warrior of her heart, but she didn't want things to act out of hand so quickly. She was a new member of the guild and didn't want to run the risk of being 'that woman' who slept with the guild members, especially the higher ups. 

But it came to an understanding that they would remain friends, she had parted with the man on good terms and occasionally seeing him when the guild got together. She left him with a lingering kiss, probably a bad mistake on her part, she didn't wanna lead him on and she even told him that very quickly. It was just in her nature to act like that. But here she was now, weeks after and in the process of leaving the guild for a long two month hiatus of training. She wondered if Grave would be here as well, she had a few free days left and was hoping to spend a little time with him before she had to leave. The breeze came by sweeping the long tendrils of her raven hair away from her bare shoulders. Since then, she was no longer in her starter clothes, but picked up a fancy Treasure Seeker Costume that showed a lot more skin the other. Without the jacket on, she would surely catch Grave's attention. 

Edited by Opal

(Would have been mighty nice of you to link it to me XD)

Opal was leaving... Not forever, but to me it was going to feel like an eternity.  The first woman to accept that I loved her was about to journey further out of my grasp than she already was.  Was it me?  Was she leaving because she met me?  If that was the case, I should probably have left her alone... But I'm known for being someone who doesn't back down easily.  I was deadset on talking to her, finding out her reasoning behind having to leave.  If she was going to be anywhere in her last few days before leaving, I knew exactly where.

I strolled along the grass, heading towards the quest cave on the Second Floor, Cross and the Sons stowed away, allowing my face to be seen and my hands to be held within my pockets.  Hikari sat on my shoulder, nuzzling my jaw to try and comfort me.  To be honest, it was slightly helping... But not enough. "Thanks, girl..." I choked, petting the Weasel's head lightly around the horns.  Finally the cave grew into sight, and a figure stood silently before it, as if waiting for something... For someone... For me.

I dragged one foot across the grass for a moment to catch Opal's attention, and my eyes were met by her wonderful figure, highly exposed by the little clothing she was bearing.  I'm certain I had to say nothing; knowing Opal, she'd be able to tell from my eyes alone.  It's not that I didn't want to speak, it's that I couldn't.  Every time I tried to form words, my lips wouldn't part.  I could feel my eyes quivering slightly, as I gave Opal a light smile.

"H-hi..." I barely managed to choke out...

The woman squinted slightly with her eyes as she twisted her figure out to catch a glimpse of the silver haired pugilist. A warm smile trickled to her face as he stepped forward, his single word in a low tone, almost as if it was forced out, "Hey~" she said in a song like tone. The woman closed in on the silver haired warrior and she bent herself at the hips lightly looking into his eyes, "What's the matter? You don't seem like your spunky old self. Am I dressed a little too provocative for you?" she said flashing her foxy grin at him, lifting one hand up to bunch her hair, the other on her hip posing for him in a wild seductive manner. She giggled lightly and relaxed her body.

"I'm glad I got a chance to see you before I left. I have pretty much told everyone about what happened, but I haven't had a clue how to tell you. I will be gone for a few months on floor seven to train with an old master of the ninja. Its going to be good for me for I need the discipline. The only thing is, I will be cut off from the rest of the world for a few months..." she said sighing lightly and flicking her raven locks behind her and off her shoulder.

"I know its short notice, but I'll be leaving in a few days from now. I already told Mack about it, and there is no changing my mind in this. It is something I just have to do. I feel like the weak link in the Crimson Blades right now. Everyone is getting stronger daily and I am just moping about doing nothing in particular..." The woman shifted herself from him and placed her hands behind her back locking them together as she kicked some of the grass in her pacing.

"To be honest Grave, I don't know if I will return to the Blades when I return. There is a lot of questions right now that I don't have the answers to. Most important one is; what am I doing with my life in this world? I need a path for myself to lead upon, not one that is laid out before me by a fellow member. Lindow was that source that gave me the energy to stand and fight, but now I need to carry myself and find my own path."

When she traced her feet back, she was looking up into Grave's eyes. Her hand lifted up and smoothed out the long edges of his hair from his eyes. She sighed lightly and moved closer to her him, her small arms wrapping around his waist as her head laid gently against his chest, "I know I will miss you though. If I didn't I wouldn't be here right now telling you all this. I hope you can understand..." 

Usually I would have made a flirtatious retort to Opal's joke... But I couldn't.  It was as if that one word took all my strength.  However, her pose did bring a wide grin to my lips.  If she looked closely, she would have been able to see a lusting glint in my eye.  I'd be lying if I said I hadn't been expecting what Opal had to say about her leave.  I nodded in acknowledgement, before she continued on.  I scowled when she started going on about how weak she was compared to the rest of the blades, but my mouth still wouldn't budge.  It was all I could do to stop from tearing up.

I breathed out shakily as Opal tended to my hair, before she embraced me.  I took another raspy breath in and placed my hands on the black blanket of hair laying upon the woman's back, before berthing out my words. "I-I... I un... Understand..." I choked.

She smiled, he might have been really shocked or just awestruck that she was embracing him so tight. When he stuttered, her hands tightened her grip around his waist and she nuzzled her head to his chest. She felt the strong arms of the pugilist wrap around her, his arms swimming in the dark ocean of her hair, his finger pads roaming over the silky smooth nature of her back. Her dark colorful eyes fluttered and she gave out a soft mew sound. 

"While I am away I will be getting stronger of course, but you should not let these days hinder your training. I don't want you moping around like a puppy dog trying to find a reason to fight. You have a reason to fight, to survive, and always win. No matter what; win, I want you to always win. You got that?" she shifted her head upwards, she would force eye contact between them. "Promise me, Grave. You will always win. No matter what it takes." a sharp smile tugged on her lips as her chin rested on his chest as she continued to look adoringly into his eyes. 

In that moment... I could have held Opal forever, keeping her in my arms.  She was within my grasp... But she only felt further away, more distant.   My breathing continued to rasp as we only stayed there, nigh unmoving in each other's embrace.  I could only wish for the one day that we'd stay like that forever...

She began to speak of growing stronger while she was away, and commanding me to keep fighting.  I could only nod to her words, until she asked me to promise her that I'd always win, staring up at me as she did so.  I had to speak: there was no way of getting out of it. I tilted my head down and gazed back into her eyes, my own showing desire and pain all together. "I... I promise... That I will always fight... And always win... No matter what... For both of our sakes..." I vowed.  I still had enough voice for a little while longer. "Even if in the end, I don't have anything to live for... I will continue to fight for you..." I tilted my head down slowly and placed my forehead to hers, closing my eyes gently.

Opal slapped his chest, "You will always have something to live for. Every life is precious, Grave. Yours being the most important one. I don't want to hear those kinds of words again. Ever." she gave a stern voice to him, but a sharp half smile at the end. She broke free of his embrace and backed away slightly from him. She tilted her head to the side and examined him closely, she scoured every inch of his dress until her eyes met his once more. Something was wrong with him, he had been silent. 

"Hey, what's wrong? By now you'd be complimenting me left and right and calling me babe and sweetheart. You seem to be a bit unnerved by something. Is it because I said I am leaving soon, or perhaps I might be leaving the Blades all together? I know that might have come to a shock, but...there are just some things that can't be explained right now. Those questions I have need answers and I can't find those answers on my own." she trailed off lightly, sweeping the long black locks of her hair over her shoulder. She hugged her arms over her chest.

"I probably could...I dunno. I just need to get away. I am so used to being swarmed by people, being the social butterfly that I am. I never stop to think about my surroundings or how important it is to be alone sometimes. While it scares me to death, being alone that is, it is also giving me clarity. But right now we aren't talking about me. Its you. What's up, buttercup? This is last time we'll be able to chat for awhile, so you better get it all off your chest."

I gave Opal a light smile. "Alright.  You will not hear those words from me again." I promised her, finally finding my voice once more.  She began to prove me about why I was so quiet, and I choked up.  I had to think of the right words to say. "It's just... We've only known each other for a month or so, if that... And in that restricted amount of time... I've come to cherish you with all my being.  I've known that if I ever needed someone there for me, I could call on you... But for me it's going to be agony not having that ability for only just a few months..." I explained, struggling to keep from choking on my own words.  I let silence fall over us, a veil of absence of sound.  It was then that I realised something.  I lowered my voice to a whisper. "Opal... I have a partig gift for you..."

"Time flies quickly for all of us, Grave..." she bit her lower lip as he continued to talk about the time between them and unable to call upon her when needed. She sighed and shook her head, the long raven locks of her hair spraying to the left and right of her face. She hid her face in the veil of her silky strands as she moved closer to Grave, she reached out and cupped his face with her hands, "You need to be strong for me, Grave. Physically and mentally. I might be away, but that does not mean I will be absent from you entirely. Parts of me will be left behind in your thoughts and in your heart. That's what makes this painful, I know...." she rested her head on his chest again, her fingers on the material of his shirt as she sighed again.

"But you are not absent of power. You have a greatness in you, and you will continue to grow with or without me by your side. Remember, you made a promise to me that you'll continue to win. This is one of those circumstances." she backed away again from his embrace, she wasn't doing it on purpose but she knew the more she embraced him the harder it was going to say 'Goodbye.' As she leaned away she caught a little of what he said, "I'm sorry, Grave. I didn't quite hear you. You have something for me?" 

I reached into my coat pocket, fumbling for something, and my hand retreated with a small object in its grasp.  My left hand gently held the back of Opal's and I lifted it with the palm facing skyward.  I raised my right on top and tenderly placed the object into the palm of her hand.  It was a plain silver ring, but adorned with a large, brilliant stone that shimmered in a spectrum of colours, sending the light scattering along the grass around us.

"The Opal Ring." I told her, before cradling her hand in my two. "It was only a monster drop... But I thought you might like it... It'll help with your treasure hunting, and it will look absolutely beautiful if it's worn by you... But more than that it symbolises multiple things;

Inspiration; symbolising how you have inspired me to be strong for your sake.

Easing the effort in dealing with changes in life; symbolising the struggles you have been put through over the last few months, and how you have dealt with them.

Weakening one's presence so as to become 'invisible' if needed; symbolising your desire to be alone, and wanting to figure out everything for yourself.

Enhancing self-esteem and self-worth; symbolising my desire for you to never look down on your self, and your desire for me to do the same.

And last of all, love; symbolising the passionate love I hold for you, and my desire to one day earn your heart...

All this comes from the bottom of my heart to you, Opal." I finished sincerely, the pain in my voice obvious at that rate.  All I had to do is wait, and hope she would accept my gift...

Girly emotions, a flood of them and a tear staining down the side of her face. She blinked once holding the object in her palm as he ticked off the qualities one by one, her heart thumping inside her chest loudly enough for her to hear it and possibly him as well. She moved the tears from her eyes as she placed the ring on her right ring finger and examined the precious stone, it was her namesake and she absolutely adore everything that it stood for. Grave was such a romantic guy, she had no idea. 

"It's beautiful, Grave. It really is. I honestly...I honestly don't know what to say..." She examined it on her finger, and smiled then it slowly drifted, wait...did he say...Love? She swallowed and rotated the ring on her finger. 

"Grave that is probably the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me...I am just at a full lose of words right now, stunned...warm...very flustered. You really know how to make a girl melt with your words..." she pushed herself into his arms and cradled her head into his chest once more, "But I don't know if I am the perfect girl for you. Right now, there is just so many things that I need to discover for myself. But you, you are just perfect." she leaned upwards and kissed him many times on the cheek, she waited for a moment before kissing him once on his lips.

"But that's where that ends, Grave. If you make this too difficult for me, I won't be able to leave and do what I need to do..." she said with a slight smile, her hands over his face as she looked deeply into his eyes, "We can't let these feelings we have get out of control right now. I definitely need the time to think things through about us, you and me, together...but I will give you my answer when I return, however, I can't allow you to 'wait' for me. That just wouldn't be fair, no one knows what is going to happen between us. The future is uncertain..." 

She snaked a hand through his silver platinum hair, she would tease it lightly before taking a step back once more, "I wish cherish this gift always, I'm just sorry I don't have anything to give you in return."  

My heart was thumping heavily, and I myself was at a loss of words as Opal voiced her gratefulness about the gift.  I was only glad that she accepted it and adored it; there was nothing more I wanted to accomplish in that moment.  She threw herself into my embrace once more, and I let her lips caress my cheeks, and I relaxed my lips into hers.  

She began speaking her parting words after leaning away from me, and I had replies already forming on my tongue. "Opal, I know you're the perfect woman for me.  You are the only one who has accepted the fact that I love you, and that means the world to me.  And I will wait for you for an eternity if that's what it takes.  No matter how many times you might turn me away, I will always be waiting, as that is what gives me strength." I placed a hand lightly to her shoulder and rubbed it affectionately.  

I allowed her to tease my hair for a moment, before she apologised for having nothing to gift me in return.  I could only smile gently. "A promise that you will keep on living and never look down on yourself any longer is enough for me." I replied softly, tenderly rubbing a few strands of her raven hair between my fingers.  My hand left her and I took a step back. "I guess I'll see you in a few months time.  Also, remember;" I gave my parting words, and my tone lowered, small enough to sound like something from the heavens, but loud enough for the woman before me to hear, "I love you." I turned on my heel and began the painstaking and emotional journey back to the city.

Edited by Grave

Opal stood in silence as she was left without his presence once more, those words he uttered to her. Calling her the perfect woman for him, telling her he loved her. The woman blushed, she couldn't find words to say, she was just left alone with those feelings to herself. As he walked away from her sight, Opal slipped in the grass before her, she looked up into the sky as the tears started to roll down her eyes. No one has ever told her they loved her, not like that. Family of course, friends jokingly, and her girlfriends when they were out getting smashed. 

But from Grave...there was so much confusion and so much emotion. She let out a small sigh as she brushed her eyes with the back of her hands. That was it then? She couldn;t even say it back to him, because she was unable to do so. Words would not come out, they were hitched in her throat. Not even able to move to grab his arm for him to stay with her. She was in a mess, clearly...and the gift. The Opal Ring which he gave her, he remembered how much she wanted to be a Treasure Hunter. She smiled with a small whimper, her tear crashing upon the stone that was wrapped around her finger. 

"Thank you, Grave. I hope one day I can see you again with new eyes..." These gifts, she was undeserving, they had only met that few times. Once at the Funeral, the other was at the cave and a few other guild events. They were memories she cherished, and memories that would help her through her training. 

OOC: So I figure we just finish up with some reflective posting on our characters and get this sucker locked up. <.< Didn't expect you to ditch me half way through the thread. Lol. But its all good, makes it more dramatic. :D 

Whether of not Opal returned it, I didn't care.  All I wanted in that moment was for her to acknowledge my love and cherish it; nothing was required in return.  So much had happened within my head during the minimal months the two of us had known each other, and that cave was both our bonding point and our parting point; the beginning and the end... But it was the only the end of one miniscule chapter in our titanic story.  In a few painful months, I was going to lay eyes on a new woman.

I'd be lying if I said I was entirely glad about that.  I'd be lying if I said I wanted her to change... Because that's entirely wrong.  I loved Opal just the way she was, and nothing she, or anyone else for that matter, said or did would change that.  I wanted to spend more time with her, the current Opal, but that time was soon to be spent with a new and more mature Opal.  To be frank, that was possibly the only sweet part of the ordeal... But I would miss the old Opal, the one I met within a cave.

I exhaled heavily into the air above, Hikari nuzzling my jaw once again. "Opal... I promise I will grow stronger for you, and will one day earn your heart..."

I swear on my grave...

Opal was lost in the reflective gaze of her new ring as she sat in the grass at the entrance of the cave. She did not leave from the spot, her memories and ideals of who she would eventually become took shape in her mind as she crossed her arms over her legs folding into her chest. Her long raven haired billowed out behind her as she laid her head on he knees wrapped into her arms. She stared at nothing in particular, just looking out. Then her honey eyes gazed back upon the entrance of the dark cavern in front of her. She smiled at the memory it left behind for her, Grave was a gentle yet strongly passionate man, she could see that much in his eyes. The way he talked, his total sweetheart sort of nature. She blushed at thinking about him in different ways, she never thought of herself as girlfriend material, just another lay and that was it. 

She slouched forward as her legs slid forward, her hands outstretched on top of her knees as she continued to look into the darkness of the cave. She couldn't see through the darkness, she never could. And now she saw perfectly, or somewhat more clearly now. She had to go through with this training. Grave was one to prove himself to her, and she had things to prove to him as well. Her eyes narrowed and she stood up on her feet and brandished a wicked looking curved weapon from it's sheath. She eyed the creation of Jevi, the Izunami. A black curved blade with stained glass made into the frame. The blade itself showed that of a rose and had a floral sort of pattern to it. This was her new sword, her new journey, her new life. Slashing it through the air a few times, she felt it was suitable for her particular character. No longer would she be weighed down by Lindow's weapon, his memory was no longer a burden. Or she thought at least. She would carve her new future with this blade.  

My feet stopped, and would move no further.  My eyes drifted up to the sky, or more so the obsidian ceiling, above.  The ceiling that led to the next floor, then the next... If I wanted to earn Opal's heart, I was going to require the power those on the higher floors had.  I wasn't enough for her, let alone after her change.  I was going to need to grow stronger myself... But for me, that seemed like it was going to be a foolhardy task.  I raised a hand to my eyes, and visualised my gauntlet upon it.  I had gone from wielding an obscurely large sword, to gnarly, curved blades, and then my fists... Was I only growing more and more primal?  If so... I was going to need to isolate myself... Maybe not completely; I wasn't going to give up my place in the council or lose contact with my friends... But I had to limit interaction with other players, at least until I became closer to human once more.  I had become more easily enraged by monsters and other enemies, the smallest conflicts have set me off... I had lost some humanity, and if I didn't change that soon, I would become a mindless animal...

I dropped my fist to my side and clenched it tightly, letting a tear roll from my silver eye.  I had decided; it was time  for me to find my humanity once more...

Otherwise I may have ended up hurting the woman I loved.

Opal had found her way to the Inn she was staying at. She looked through the empty drawers making sure everything she had was packed into her inventory and nothing was left out of place. She gave the room a look over and sighed, she would be spending one more night here and that would be the end of her journey in Starting City. She eyed the cute little room, it had been her sanctuary for as long as she could remember, other nights were spent with some random guy just so she had a more comfort. But in the end she was just fooling herself. 

The night time air had soon come and Opal had found herself in her basic sleepwear which consisted of her panties and a loose fitting shirt. She ruffled her hair wither her slender digits and started to read up on the sword arts of the newly acquired skill Curved Blades. Apparently this blade was specific for area of effect hits which she could use to hit multiple targets at the same time. This was good for the acquisition of materials from enemy mobs. She sat in her bed and began to read up on all the new sword arts and not just her favored weapon. Apparently the system had changed quite a bit. She snuggled with a pillow resting against her chest, the light was dimmed and she sat with her back against the corner of the bed as she puffed on her lavender cigarette. She blew the smoke into the air and continued learning from scratch the new system. She would eventually get used to it, she would have to for Master Myoga in any case. She would want to be prepared for anything, but little did she know...she was prepared for none of it. 

Maybe... Maybe I'll just rest in the forest for the night... I pondered... Maybe limiting my connections with real people is the best thing for me... I shook the foolish notion from my mind.  Who was I kidding?  Hanging around in the bush would only cause me to become more primal.  I had a better idea... Maybe Mack could provide some assistance.  If using my fists in a boxing-wrestling manner brought my primal instincts out... What would the grace found in taekwondo do?  Taekwondo is known for its speed and perfect form in those who trained hard, at the same time being ludicrously powerful when required.  That sport... I only learnt it back in the day to give me a fighting chance if I required self-defence in real life... Little did I know how important the grace within each motion would be of use to my mental health.

If I were to be able to protect Opal, and everyone else I cared for for that matter, I was going to need to change my fighting style; not so I could survive, but so others could survive around me.  I was soon to throw away my plated fists, and in return receive an upgrade to my feet, all in the name of form and elegance.  I began making my way towards the town's teleport gate.

Opal exhaled a plume of dark, strong scented smoke from her mouth from her burning cigarette. She laid down in her bed, memorizing small indications on how to use her new sword art skills for her new blade. As the time was continuing to churn on and on, she felt a little sleepy, dangling one of her bare legs over the other as she continued to read the passages and notes from previous boss battles. Holding her calming stick in an elegant manner, she pinched the bridge of her nose and then flicked the wild embers of petals from the lilac stick. 

She gave into one final and long induced drag before expelling the same amount in a blanket of purple into the air, the strong scent of lavender quickly filling the small space. She leaned over and hugged her pillow. In the next day or two she would say her final goodbyes to the rest of the guild she knew, the people she would leave behind were great friends to her, they gave her peace and a home. But now it was time to grow up a little and start taking care of herself, but she would keep those fond memories of everyone else. 

Flipping over to her side, she sent a final message to Grave: 

"Hey there~. I'm gonna turn in for the night, I know you are probably out there right now doing some training or something. Make sure you be careful at night. Anyways, wanted to say goodnight and thank you for those inspiring and encouraging words earlier. They will be forever...enGraved into my heart. Goodnight, sweetie. I'll miss you. -hugs x kisses- <3"

She sent the message with a flick of her wrist, snuggled up to her pillow and drifted into an easy and peaceful sleep.   

Edited by Opal

As my feet turned on autopilot, hiding me towards the town, my hands got to work with swiping through a few tutorials about blacksmithing, to check on whether or not Unarmed Damage could be applied to boots.  To my dismay it could not, however it could be applied to handwraps... My only problem was the fact that I was unsure whether or not I knew any tailors... That was a hindrance to deal with with haste.

Before I could even close down the tab, a message shot up over the menus, reading;

"Hey there~. I'm gonna turn in for the night, I know you are probably out there right now doing some training or something. Make sure you be careful at night. Anyways, wanted to say goodnight and thank you for those inspiring and encouraging words earlier. They will be forever...enGraved into my heart. Goodnight, sweetie. I'll miss you. -hugs x kisses- <3"

I smiled softly, a tear rolling from my eye once more.  I swiftly worked on a reply, the message sitting beside it for me to check.  I scanned over what I had written;

"I wish I could turn in with you, but that would only make goodbye all the more difficult... I will always be training for you to keep you and everyone else safe.  The night is where I am most at home, so you should have no worries about that.  It fills me with joy and longing that my words touched you in a way I had not comprehended.  I promise I will survive for you, and only you if need be... I swear on my Grave."

Producing a trembling sigh, I tapped the 'Send' button and the message was on its way.  I knew that message from Opal was going to be her last for months to come, so my expectations were nowhere when it came to her sending one back... But I could only hope to the gods that every word I placed in the message met her eyes before she left.

Edited by Grave