[PP-F3] Hunting Ain't Easy (Shirosu)

Hunting Ain't Easy

The fields of the third floor have become a staple for being fine adventuring spots and for relaxing after a long day.  The new system has caused our hunter to seek better grounds to hunt, and the fields of the third are in his way.  Unfortunately for our hunter he won't be alone for this trek.  His assistance will be asked as he is introduced to the first soldier of the very guild that he left behind.

In this episode of Forgotten Dreams, our Jade Hunter will joined by the an unlikely young warrior.

Will they be able to cooperate?

Let's find out!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hirru walked through the prairie side seeming to look out for anything that could satiate his own boredom.  The hunt has become perilous, and fighting solo was becoming that much more harder.  That was one of the reasons why he had started selling his art to the public, but because no one wants to pay for something that they can do themselves, his 'business' had been failing lately.  Of course, he could just drop the charges, but what good would that do for him.  He wasn't into any of the other professions out there, and he sure wasn't going to join them.  Hunting was his life, and life was good.

He stopped for a second before pulling out a flask of water to drink from.  It had been a while since he had a nice home cooked meal, but he didn't feel like going back down to Iggy's Diner, or whatever it is today.  The place always changed when he was there.  Though, the food was still something that made him come back every time.  Cheap food for a cheap lifestyle.

With a hard thump, he sat down in the grass before falling back more.  This place was quite wide, so if any mobs were to spawn, they would be quite some ways away.  Enough time for him to get back up and face the beasts.  Yawning, he closed his eyes to think about what he should do next.

Trekking through the vast prairies of the third floor Shirosu stopped upon the top of a large hill with a single tree to take in her surroundings. Her silver hair billowing out behind her she spotted a small figure in the distance. 'Weird" she muttered, watching them flop back into the grass rather lazily, guess they weren't to worried about any mob spawning too close to them.  She was currently looking for some good mob fights to raise her level, she still wasn't good enough to make it to the front lines and any extra would be welcomed. The figure happened to be in the direction she was going anyways, so she might chat with them when she got there. With a shrug she started forward at a good pace, leaning backwards to keep her pace when walking down the hill, it was pretty steep. She was sure to make decent noise as he ascended the hill, she wanted the other person to know she was headed in there direction, that would at least keep the stranger from a panic sneak attack. When she got close enough she called in a conversational friendly voice,"Nice day isn't it, bit to windy for my tastes, but not much you can do about that, may i ask what another person is doing out in the middle of nowhere? just out of curiosity" 

Hirru listened to the footsteps in the grass.  They were trying to be extra noisy for him to hear, or were trying to hard to be sneaky.  He couldn't really tell, but they seemed light enough for a small build.  Feminine?  He opened his eyes slightly to see a green cursor before closing them again.  If it was a green player, he didn't really need to defend himself, but his hearing continued out into the distance for anything else.  There would only be the rustling of the leaves from a few trees and the blowing of the wind.  Finding it safe, for now, he opened his eye just as the person began to talk.

Sure enough, a young woman by her looks and stature was standing close to him.  Not too close to warrant a warning strike, in case he was dangerous, but enough to strike up conversation.  Quite knowledgeable.

"Hunting.. if that answers your question."

He said as he sat up to see more of his guest.  Fair stature, golden/hazel eyes, and silver hair?  Regal if he ever thought of it.  Even more surprising, was a symbol that he knew all too well that accompanied their visual health.  The Emblem of the Crimson Blades.

"You're a Blade, I see.  Haven't met any of the newer recruits, as Mack isn't the type to send you off 'willy nilly' of sorts."

Hirru chuckled at that.  He could see the big man training this one, but he couldn't see how she would react to his 'methods'.  Hopefully it didn't involve anything embarrassing.

"So I told you what I'm here for, now what are you here for?"

Shirosu was greeted by man probably four years or so older her by her estimation, his ruffled hair was black and accompanied by a pair of amber color eyes. "Ah, yes" she said when he mentioned she was a blade, her necklace was pretty good at announcing that she reached up to warp a fist around the gem. "Yeah I'm relatively new, though, i'm currently the only soldier, the rest are still in the recruit stage." When he mentioned Mack wasn't one to send people "willy nilly" she snorted and laughed,"Guess that's true, but i'm wandering of my own accord today, doing the same thing you are actually, and by the way, very interesting hunting style, a pretty good way to terrify any local mob, take a nap." She was curious, maybe she could convince this guy to do some hunting with her, as she always liked to think, two blades were always better than one

"Believe me, it's a better strategy than the Blades have probably taught you."

He said as lay back in the grass.  The winds kept rolling along as they minded their own.  He wished he could be like the wind.  Going along his own way, with nothing to stop him.  Except, perhaps, something that he would have to move around.  Like Mack.

"You're taught how to fight monsters and to deal with other people, correct?!"

His gaze never leaving her face as he talked.  The wind died down to a slight breeze which would help explain his point a little better.

"But, do you know how to read the wind?  To hear the enemy before they see you?  To feel their intent?"

The hunter got back up from his back and jumped up to his feet.  The wind blew at his hair showing small glints of jade green.  His eyes closed as he began to read the elements.  The sound of something fluttering in the wind caught his attention, like the beating of insect wings.

"If you wanted to hunt with me, you should have asked before you brought attention to yourself."

As he said that, Hirru drew an azure blade from its scabbard, his trusty blade, Time.  Time would just as quickly find his shoulder as it started to glow a bright green.  The hunter soon shot forward, past the girl, as the sword shot out to his right in a long arc.  It would then collide with the scythe-like claw that was about to slash into the silver haired girl.  That wasn't all as the sword continued on to slash from the bottom left to top right, from his point of view.  The creature screeched as it would make its presence known before being caught by Time's ability, paralysis.

7.png

<<Killer Mantis>> 40 HP | 10 dmg

"Now, you don't have a choice.."

Turn Order: Mantis>Hirru>Shirosu

[ID = 31716]
[BD = 9] 5+1=6 (Paralysis dmg)
[Sword Art: Vertical Arc] 2x2x6=24 dmg
[MD = 2]
[CD = 1]

[Hirru = 54/54 HP // 8/12 EP]
[Shirosu = 49/49 HP // 11/11 EP]

[Killer Mantis = 16/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru
fixing some damage done
  • ID: 31729
  • BD: 2+3 (miss)
  • Shirosu: 49/49
  • Hirru: 54/54
  • Killer Mantis: 34/40

Shirosu cocked her head curiously when the guy asked her those questions and,"Yeah, i guess, but no to the wind, never learnt that" that's when she felt the flutter of air behind her and the black haired man lunged forward "Woahh!" Shirosu said wide eyed and ducking smoothely before pouncing backwards,"What a nasty creature!" she exclaimed staring at the mantis, the thing was so grotesque she shuttered, she hated bugs. as she assessed the situation she realize if she attacked right off the hop she would minced mantic meat, so she decided to get herself into a position where it would be more suitable to attack, that, as per every fight shes ever fought, Shirosu slipped and landed on her face, damn clumsiness.  Quickly scrambling back to her feet she continued to reposition herself. 

((Whoops. forgot damage in my last post.. I actually did 24 damage.. fixed)

"Don't be careless!"

The hunter would say as he neared the Killer Mantis which was still paralyzed from his recent attack.  

"Even if the enemy is paralyzed, there could be more hidden nearby."

He positioned himself so that his sword was pointing backwards on his opposite side.  Soon, the blade would glow a dull red before shooting off very quickly with a left to right slash, which would turn around to do another horizontal slash from right to left, but to anyone around, it would look and sound like he had used two swords to do the damage.  The Killer Mantis would have screeched, but it was placed in another stasis from the azure blade, Time.  

"Never let your guard down, not even in a safe zone!  Now finish this one, and be prepared for more."

[ID = 31800]
[BD = 10] 5+2=7 (Paralysis damage)
[Sword Art: <<Snake Bite>> 2x1x7=14 dmg]
[MD = Paralysis]
[CD = 4]

[Hirru = 54/54 HP // 7/12 EP]
[Shirosu = 49/49 HP // 11/11 EP]

[Killer Mantis = 2/40 HP] -14 HP

• ID: 31918
  • BD: 1 (OTL just my luck)
  • Shirosu: 49/49
  • Hirru: 54/54
  • Killer Mantis:2/40

Shirosu felt her lucking going down hill, she didn't know how, or why, but it just wasn't with her today. she decided that as she once again slipped for a second time, into a small divot in the ground,Swearing like a sailor she stood up and scrambled a safe distance back, curringing her clumsy nature, she often swung between deadly accurate and stupidly clumsy, it was dumb,"Sorry!" she called,"Your gonna have to finish it off, ill try another monster, this one seems to have some weird invisibility power that trips me!" 

Hirru sighed at what he was witnessing.  She reminded him of Beoreson during the strike on the first floor.  Too many slip-ups that could have costed them dearly.  Thankfully, they survived and became the Crimson Blades due to the events that happened from then on.  Of course, that would lead to other things that should be laid to rest.

With the Mantis still paralyzed from the second strike, Hirru was able to do a minor slash against the creature to kill it for good.  It would try to screech, but the paralysis wouldn't allow it and it would shatter in the awkward position it was in.  Keeping Time out of its sheath, he heard the ring of the notification of gaining something from the fight.  Ignoring it, Hirru would continue to react to the wind.

"Get ready!  More incoming!"

Soon, the sound of more fluttering wings came as another mantis came towards them.

[ID = 32140]
[BD = 6] 5 dmg {EP usage: 1-1 regen=0}
[MD = Paralysis]
[CD = 7] N/A
[LD = 14] 1 Mat + 200 Col

[Hirru = 54/54 HP // 7/12 EP]
[Shirosu = 49/49 HP // 7/11 EP]

[Killer Mantis = -3/40 HP] -5 HP
[Killer Mantis 2 = 40/40 HP]

• ID: 32216
  • BD: 8
  • Shirosu: 49/49[Eng: 9/11][Hate: 1]
  • Hirru: 54/54 [Eng: 7/12][Hate:1]
  • Killer Mantis: 32/40
  • Sword Art: Side Slash(2x1x4=8 DMG)

With a growl Shirosu looked at the next mantis, she was a little pissed and was itching to do some damage this seemed like a good opportunity. This time she didn't slip in a hole and was able to get behind the giant bug with relative ease, he long knife drawing back and activating her sword art. With two accurate stabs she managed to deal an ok amount of damage, sadly it was nothing spectacular, but that was fine, at least she had managed a hit, that was more then she could say about her earlier two attempts. "Sorry about my earlier clumsiness, i've been much better at not missing lately, oh by the way, i'm kindof a hit and run style, that might not work well here so ill try to be as close combat as i can" she ducked under a scythe as she spoke and weaved backwards towards Hiiru

It seems that the girl was getting her bearings back.  Though, if she really took after Beoreson, then that wouldn't last long.  She could do some decent damage to her enemies, but that's about the extent of dagger types.  Full damage, but lacking in many stunning capabilities.  He would probably have to suggest an additional effect be placed on her weapon, like paralysis or bleed.

Speaking of paralysis, this Mantis was about to attack Shirosu; but, its attack would fly wide giving Hirru his chance.  This move was beginning to become his signature, he thought as his sword burst out from his shoulder in a wide arc that would catch the mantis and cut off one arm.  The blade would then reach back up in a diagonal slash across to cut off its brother.  Time would live up to its name, as a paralysis effect erupted from it on the last hit.

"It's all yours!"

[ID = 32462]
[BD = 10] 5+2=7 (Paralysis)
[Sword Art: Vertical Arc] 2x2x7 = 28 dmg
[MD = 1]
[CD = 12]

[Hirru = 54/54 HP // 4/12 EP] [Hate 2]
[Shirosu = 49/49 HP // 9/11 EP] [Hate 1]

[Killer Mantis 2 = 4/40 HP]

• ID: 32806
  • BD: 7 (4+3)
  • Shirosu: 49/49[Eng: 9/11]
  • Hirru: 54/54 [Eng: 7/12]
  • Killer Mantis: 0/40
  • LD: 18 (200 col)

"Thanks!" she called when he let her get the last hit, nimbly she dodged around some nasty swings from its scythes finally getting the her bearings back she leapt up until she was face level with the bug and knowing it would only take one it hit, slashed it across the mandibles and it disintegrated into to hundreds of little pixels,"Much better!" she sighed, knowing that usually after one of two slip ups she would be good for the red of the battle, note usually. "Is there another one coming?" she asked looking around, this guy seemed to know what was coming before it came,"By the way im not sure i ever mentioned my name, its Shirosu, and yours? if you will to say, if not i dont mind"