[PP: F4] One last hunt, One last night [Lawfer][Complete]

Opal had finished off all her chores she needed to do before leaving for her training. The sword was finished thanks to Jevi's superb turn around time, her clothing was assembled thanks to Lowenthal and his eye for ninja gear, and her goodbyes were more or less said to certain individuals. All that was left was to address her debt to Lawfer. She kept that memory safe in her mind that night that he used his body to keep her warm in the cold desert night. He was selfless and helped her untiringly through the ordeal. Now before she left, she would spend the last remaining day with him she had left and that was to go on a hunting trip for some materials. With the new system in place, she was unsure of how the new combat worked. And getting an idea how it generally worked would help the weak female who had little combat experience. 

Bringing up her menu Opal slid her freezing finger over to the list of player names she had accumulated and scrolled down to Lawfer. Highlighting his name and poking at it, brought up the message interface and she wrote him a small message.

"Hey, Lawfer...I'm here on floor four. You said you had a cottage or something to show me right? I didn't forget that night when you shielded me from the cold desert night with your arms and in turn you didn't get much sleep. Before I leave, I should repay my debt to you for that. I figured we'd do a bit of chatting and some material hunting as it is my last free day before my trip to the mountains. How about we make it a night to remember?" 

Opal slid the interface and sent the message, she hugged her body and waited for him in Snowfrost. 

Edited by Opal

Lawfer had been laying in his bed staring at his studios ceiling, the fireplace roared in the corner from the intense fire. It had been a long day filled with strumming his guitar and reorganizing his seemingly plain studio. Raising his right then left hand, he stared at them carefully. "Hmmmm.... I wonder if my fingers are going to remember how to play when I get back to the real world." He paused for a moment to set his left hand down. "I guess I wont know until I get out of here." With his hand still raised, the performer heard a 'ding'. "That's convenient." He stated thinking about how it would take no effort to raise his hand because it was already up. Swiping his fingers down he accessed his user interface, then his messages. 

"So it looks like i get one more night with Opal... In the cold..." Pausing momentarily, "... I'm down." He playfully said to himself with a smile as he hit the reply button. "Hi Beautiful... I do remember that I have a cottage that I would like to show you... and we can make it a night we'll never forget. ;) Where are you on the fourth floor? I'm already in Snowfrost in my studio so I'll come find you." He finished as he hit send. 

Placing his feet on the ground at the side of the bed, he stood up. As he accessed the already open interface he moved over to his inventory. Placing his guitar in storage, he withdrew his Lawbreaker Halberd and equipped his Emerald Carapace. "Gotta love fancy equipment." He joked once more as he closed his interface and made his way to the door. Looking back to the crackling fire, "It should be alright to let it burn out." As he exited his studio, he pulled up his interface once more. Looking at the map feature he zoomed out in an attempt to find his companion. "There she is." He commented as he began strolling to her location. The sun had barely been out and you could see the sun rays illuminate the falling snow flakes, the sky looked as if it was dancing.

As he closed in on Opal's indicator he smiled as his locked with hers. "Well, it looks like someone didn't get enough of the cold last time." he paused as he ran his right hand through his golden hair. "Guess its a good thing the cottage has a fireplace and plenty of blankets. You might even be lucky enough to see my indestructible blanket fort. If you play your cards right that is." The blue eyed spear bearer paused once more to wink. "The cottage is to the northeast, there are plenty of materials along the way, but we better get going. I want to make sure we get there before dark so we have plenty of time to..... make a fire."

Shivering only lightly, Opal flicked the lilac petals off her calming stick before blowing a blanket of lavender scented smoke into the air from her moist lips. She had read his message just moments before and found him not too far off from where she is. Her teeth chattered lightly as she spun around to get a look at the golden haired spearman. Her smile was from ear to ear as she turned her hand the other direction, as the smoking embers of her cigarette blown into the wind. She flicked it once more and nudged up against him from his comment, still smiling wide. 

"Blanket fort? I have honestly never heard such a thing. I guess I'll just have to see it for myself then." she said, unable to shift her smile from her face. He continued to talk about the cottage and the warm fire which sounded super nice right about now, she wasn't a big fan of the cold air and this floor brought back one too many unwanted and undesired memories as of late. But she promised herself to not dwell on those right now, there would be plenty of time for penance later during her training. 

He told her that he wanted to get their before darkness fell, which would be a really good idea considering she didn't wanna be snow wolf chow for dinner and she wasn't exactly comfortable with the new combat system. In fact, she hadn't even used it yet. She was trying not to use her SP, but she sent a quick message to her mentor; Master Myoga and explained the situation. His response was dry and flat and told her what to put the points in for now. 

"Alright! I'm ready when you are, lead the way~" she said flicking the cigarette away from her before taking one final drag. The air around them was aromatized by her scented lavender smoke as she expelled it from her mouth and into the air mixing it with the light fall of the snow. She shivered once more and huddled closer to Lawfer, "You might have to keep me warm again...I can cut diamonds over here.." she said with a small pout. 

A slight breeze picked up and blew back Lawfer's golden hair. "Whats a sleepover without having fun with the blankets?" He asked teasingly. Obviously the statement had a double connotation, and Lawfer was quite adapt at using them. The warrior couldn't help but smile as he stared into the beauties honey eyes. As he turned to the exit of the safe zone, the pair began to walk forward. "I'll keep you warm... I think you might have figured out that I'm good for that by now." He paused momentarily and grasped the rest of the beauties comment. "Well if you can cut diamonds, then I think you can cut up any monsters we come across." He stated mischievously with a wink. The snow had began to lightly let up as they exited the safe zone. The walk wouldn't be too long, but there was some risk in it, but much more reward. The snow-covered fields were perfect for finding many alchemic ingredients that Opal might have need of and if Lawfer was lucky enough he may just find a few crystals.

As they trudged along the snowy road, their footprints littered the white canvas. "Well pretty lady, are you excited to be leaving? Or are you having second thoughts?" he asked playfully as he slowed his pace to match hers. She was shivering slightly, her slender frame seemed like it wasn't quite suited for the cold. Reaching back with his left hand, he laced his arm with hers and drew her in close to share some of his heat. She was cold to the touch, but began to warm as her body drew heat from his. "I can't have you freezing before we get there, now can I?" He commented as he looked down to her flawless face and smiled once more then looked forward. "Keep your eyes out. There are lots of plants you can use here." Reaching up with his right hand, he opened the interface once more and checked there heading. "Right on track."

Opal snuggled with Lawfer as he held onto her, the contact caused her to redden lightly, she was used to male contact but there were certain individuals that just made her glow even brighter, she looked over to him and when he asked is she was excited or having second thoughts, "Noo...Master Myoga would probably come and hunt me down. We've been chatting over messages the entire week as to what I needed as far as equipment and stuff. And I am actually quite excited. I don't know what going to happen there so it's gonna be a fun and exciting adventure; physically, mentally and spiritually. I think I'll be getting a complete makeover up in those mountains...But none the less, I am excited. How about you? What do you think you'll be doing in the next few months? Training as well?"

She kept her body close to him to dry and suck out all his warmth, but he didn't seem to mind the cold too much now. Maybe he was getting warm off her body heat too, in that case they worked pretty well together. She leaned in more when Lawfer was explaining there could be some nice plants to use for her alchemy. She broke away from his grasp and made a small detour to their right. She got down on her knees and sifted through the snow, her hands cold from the mere touch of the powder as she began to examine the area for any discoveries. 

ID: 31697 LD: 19+1 = 20 [+1 Material]

Sifting through the snow, she found a frozen red and yellow plant that was described as agent of alchemy. She got up and hurried back to Lawfer's warmth, "Hey you were right. On my first go!" she said beaming with a smile, her arm wrapped around his as she drew in closer to his body heat.  

Edited by Opal

Noticing the light blushing of the woman's skin, caused Lawfer to smile more. With the frigid air, if he kept smiling for much longer he was certain it would be permanently frozen that way. As he listened to the woman's response he was intrigued. "Your Master seems like he's got his hands full with you Opal. Just make sure you keep that bit of fire you've got inside. It may not keep you warm out here but its what draws everyone to you." He paused momentarily to wipe a snowflake from his eyelash. "You're not the only one who needs to get stronger. If I want to see the remaining 6 wonders of Aincrad I'm going to need to push forward. Plus, I gotta get strong enough to keep up with you. Otherwise, I'm gonna miss out on some incredible things." 

The golden haired spear man slowed his walk as the black haired beauty sifted through the snow. As she returned with plant in hand, he laughed. The last time he had gone out for material gathering he couldn't harvest a single material. The frustration from that time was almost unbearable. As the slender woman nussled back up to him, the frustration had all but disappeared. "Well aren't you just the lucky one. Last time I went material gathering I didn't get anything all day." He concluded with a laugh as he looked forward. There was a small patch of snow that was glowing iridescently. "Well lets just see if my luck changes this time." As he released the woman's cold arm he ran to the small patch of glowing snow. Kneeling down to his right knee, he took his large right hand and began to pull back the top layer of snow. 

ID:31703 LD: 11... 

As Lawfer drew back the snow he found a cracked blue stone. "Well... This isn't usable at all." He commented as he stood up and left the cracked crystal where it was. "At least i'm lucky enough to let you steal my warmth. I think that's a little better than some materials." The warrior stated as he reached out and let Opal wrap around his arm once more. 

Edited by Lawfer

"Yeah, with the new system I lost my <<Search & Detect>> skill, lost some luck in finding loot, but..." she twisted the small glowing opal ring she had around her finger, "I got some extra help with this, Grave gave it to me for a going away present...and he declared his love for me amongst other things..." she said shifting the hair from her off her shoulders. 

They continued to trek through the snow, the woman leaned on his arm as her head gently fell to his shoulder, "If you want, we can attempt to take down some mobs for easier material gathering. I know it can be a bitch to look in caves, on the ground, in a tree and wherever else for the precious resources. Also combat might be good to help us warm up our bodies a little. Just a suggestion though. We have plenty of day light time left..." 

The woman smiled back up at Lawfer, her arm still stitched to his as they walked through mound after mound of the snow banks. At least the snow had stopped falling for a short while, while it was pretty and somewhat enchanting scene, she didn't much like the cold in this world or even in the last one. 

"Yes!" she said abruptly, returning to the previous conversation about training, "You do need to keep up with your training. The Blades will need someone like you to be strong for them..." 

ID: 31705 LD: 7+1 = 8

Opal kicked a pile of snow uprooting a dead plant, she looked to Lawfer with a pitiful pout..."Nothing there either besides a dead plant."

Edited by Opal

"I know what you mean. I lost my <<athletics>> perk as well.... But because of the new Sword Arts it made my build that much stronger. So I guess its not all bad." The golden haired warrior contemplated the rest of the woman had said as he looked down at the ring. "The guy is brave. I'll give him that." he commented as he looked up from the ring to the woman's honey eyes and smiled. "So how does it feel to be the most popular woman in Aincrad?" he continued jokingly as he winked. 

"You know, going mob hunting does sound like a good idea." He paused as he pulled up his user interface, checking their bearing once again. "From what I recall, If we keep heading this way. There is a higher mob concentration then on the open field. They almost got me there last time. You really dont forget those experiences." Closing his interface, he corrected their path minorly. "Don't get me wrong Opal, I want to get strong to help out the blades and push them to the top of the guild rankings. However, I want to get strong for myself, and because I became strong I will be able to protect all of my comrades. But more than anything, I want to get strong enough so I can go anywhere in this tower. I've traveled most of the real world pretty one, but there is something about this place that blows away all the beauty of the real world. Kayaba was a genius when he created Aincrad. I'll give him that much credit. 100 different worlds all in one." He stated as he began to look up into the sky. Realizing he had lost himself in an awkward train of thought he looked down again at the shivering woman. Raising his free hand he placed it behind his head and smiled. "Well that probably made no sense. How embarrassing." He finished with a chuckle.

The two had continued down the snowy path, until it began to trail up to a peak. The snow began to start in heavier than before as if it wanted to help any beasts that were near by. "Well lets keep a look......" Lawfer paused as he noticed something move in the distance. It had been too big to be a snow rabbit and too small to be a bear. "Ready up, we got something." The golden haired spearman stated as he released his Lawbreaker from its harness. Releasing the beautiful woman's arm he grasped the Halberd in both hands tightly and charged in.

The wind had began to pick up as Lawfer leaped toward the now revealed Frost wolf. It was one of the larger wolves that he had seen in the game so far. Its fur pure white, and blue eyes much like his own. As the two glared at each other, Lawfer struck first. As his Lawbreaker glowed sliver, the spear totting warrior initiated <<Twin Thrust>>. Lawfer lunged with his halberd twice, the first aimed high at the head, then once at the legs. The combination of the two strikes staggered and stunned the wolf. "Opal! Switch!" Lawfer yelled as he leaped backwards.

Lawfer HP: 37/37  [+1 Rage]
EP: 6/8  
SA Used: Twin Thrust -2EP 

Opal HP: 37/37 EP 8/8

Frost Wolf: 9/19 [12DMG] Stunned

ID: 31708
BD: 8 = [5DMG*2]=[10DMG + Stun]
MD: 3

Edited by Lawfer

Opal was happy to learn that he would have much prefered going hunting for mobs than digging through the snow looking for resources. This was a good opportunity for her to test out the new sword arts, but with being just a rank one curved blade brandier her damage output would still be massively lacking. Their conversation consisted of some more flirting, and Lawfer calling Grave brave with his emotions. Opal looked back down to the ring and smiled and then perked up about the comment about being the most popular woman in Aincrad, she snorted and slapped his arm playfully, "Pfft...as if. I have seen some other female players around. One came to my shop the other day, her name was Ariel. Attractive blonde, very strong, very elegant. I would have been intimidated if it wasn't for the soothing nature of the chemicals in my shop..."

She nodded her head to Lawfer when he wanted to be stronger for himself, that was noteworthy of admiration, that's what her training was for as well. She gave a light sigh as they came up over the snow banks and something poking its head out of the drift. Lawfer sprang into action revealing his weapon. Opal took several steps back and brandished a blacked curved blade; Izunami with an intricate stained glass fixture made within the blade. She watched as the thrusting warrior made short work of the wolf leaving it stunned in the process. Her attention was snapped when he called out for a switch. 

"R-right!" She carried herself forward, the blade much lighter than the two hander seemed to move fluidly with her body. She charged at the creature full speed ahead, her hair billowing out behind her. She felt a flood of hot energy going through her body, she gave a sharp smile and did a crazy acrobatic twist into the air landing behind the creature and slashing the hide with her new weapon. While she didn't do much damage, it kept the creature pinned down for another volley of attack. 

"Sweet..." she thought to herself looking down at the curved blade. She looked back to Lawfer and smiled, she felt like she was contributing well enough. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Opal HP:37 [Hate 1]
Opal Energy: 8

Lawfer HP: 37 [Hate 1]- Target
Lawfer Energy: 6

Frost Wolf HP: 6/19 [Stunned]

ID: 31713
BD: 5+2 =7 [Hit]

Edited by Opal

As Lawfer back stepped and allowed the slender woman to switch in he noticed a change. She wasn't totting the massive Ifrit around anymore, instead it was a smaller curved blade. "Well that's new..." He commented to himself as he watched the woman leap behind the beast and strike at its hide. The large white wolf was still stunned from his earlier attack. 'Time to finish this guy off.' He thought to himself as he sprinted forward once more. This time to fell the beast. As he got into range he planted his feet in the deep snow. "Gotcha!!" The Golden haired spearbearer yelled as he swung his over-sized halberd.

It was a upward diagonal slash from right to left. Cutting up from the neck all the way to the shoulder. The Lawbreaker glowed as it made contact. "Critical!" He said in excitement as the over-sized wolf began to chatter into blue pixels. "Well beautiful. I think its a little different than the last time in the desert. I must do better in the snow." He said with a laugh as he looked around for any loot drops. "And my luck remains... No loot." As he walked over to Opal he reached out his hand and pulled her close to himself. 

"We only have a little further to go with plenty more day light. Want to search for another mob?" He asked as he felt the warmth radiating from her. It was his turn to get a little heat. Remembering her earlier comment, he responded. "You're right, there are plenty of strong beautiful women in Aincrad. But i'm not with them, I'm with you right now. So don't sell your self short." Winking his deep blue right eye he smiled once more. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 37 [Hate 1]- Target
Lawfer Energy: 7

Opal HP:37 [Hate 1]

Frost Wolf HP: 0/19 [dead]

ID: 31801
BD: 9- [+1Crit]
MD:7
LD: 4.... My luck

Edited by Lawfer

ID: 31810 LD: 18+1 = 19 [+1 Material]

OOC: You automatically get a material upon death of a mob of half the HP of the player. So be sure you get that mat for yourself. :D

"Yay! Nice going! Those sword arts are really impressive, aren't they? So much better than the mundane hack and slash frenzy we are used to. But I shouldn't be talking, I don't have much use for them right now..." The woman sheathed the black blade to her hip and Lawfer returned to her opposite side to get some warmth running through his body again. She enjoyed him snuggling up with her, and she didn't mind at all of the close bond between the two.

"Yeah, much better than the desert. I am still not down fully with this snow stuff though." she said kicking a small pile of snow to uncover anything interesting. She looked down and picked up a crystallized rock and then continued walking. He asked her another question, they still had plenty of daylight it seems and that wolf was more or less a push over for the two of them. She nodded, "Yeah, we can track down another baddie. I didn't get hit in the last battle so my energy and HP are still green. Lead the way, sexy~" 

The woman grinned when he called her out on her comment earlier, it was true..."Yeah, I am pretty damn hot aren't I? Hahaha, but thanks. That is very sweet of you to say. I feel special that you have taken a liking to me...Ugh...this is horrible. I have too many guys chasing my ass...Mack, Grave, Lawfer...maybe Jomei...? I should probably settle on someone...but...I just don't know who to chose. Its not that simple as it seems. Each guy has some really great qualities about them. Mm, can't think about that right now," the raven haired woman had many internal thoughts going on, she should just enjoy the moment now and not waste time thinking of the others. This was their parting of ways for now, so she should enjoy it with him and only him.  

Edited by Opal

"Yeah, seriously... Before I was a bit of a pushover, now I can activate a lot more damage. Plus, I have the Lawbreaker that can back me up whenever I need it." He commented as he looked back at the head of his massive Halberd, its crimson tassel dancing from the breeze that would kick up sporadically. "I see you changed your weapon as well. No more Ifrit?" He asked as he turned his attention back to the honey eyed Opal. "Yeah, but the good thing about the cold is we get to actually be close to each other and not hate it." He laughed thinking back to when he put his arm around Opal in the desert and the uncomfortable feeling of the sun destroying any hope of intimacy. Looking forward he could see the outline of the cabin he mentioned before. "Well there it is. But if we keep our eyes out we should be able to find another wolf running around." Releasing the maidens arm he turned around. The last time he made this journey there were quite a few more fiends laying in wait.

Faint growling noises danced off the snow. They were scattered but one was close. Closing his eyes, Lawfer reached back and withdrew his Lawbreaker from its harness. He was trying to track the beast with his ears only but it wasn't working, too much interference from the other noises. As he opened his eyes, he spotted the ferocious white wolf charging straight at him. "Well.... That made me look like a fool." He commented with a laugh and he pushed off the snow and sprinted toward the over-sized wolf. "Opal, get ready to switch in!" He yelled.

As the monster leaped forward, Lawfer rolled right evading the initial attack. As he stood, he spun and swung his Lawbreaker at the beast, trying to connect with its head. The spin had caused the halberd to lift higher than originally aimed causing him to miss. "Well... That sucked..." He commented to himself as he looked to Opal. "Be careful, I can mitigate more damage so don't be too rash." He said as he tried to keep the wolf's attention on himself. 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 37 

Opal HP:37 

Frost Wolf HP: 19/19 [12DMG]

ID: 31815
BD: 5 - [+1HM DMG & +1BD LM next roll]
MD: 2

Edited by Lawfer

"That is a pretty bad ass weapon, did Mack smith that for you? And yeah, it would be kind of weird for a future shinobi to be toting around a massive blade like The Ifrit." she laughed and smiled about his comment on being more intimate. She nodded her head to him and continued in the direction of the cottage. She could see the snow laced roof but Lawfer was keeping a steady eye on the environment, one more mob should do it before they can get to the warmth of that place. It looked nice and quiet, she was excited about getting in there and warming up with him. 

She unsheathed Izunami from her hip, the ebony curved blade glinted with the sun over head as she got into position and waited for Lawfer's signal to switch. She watched as he dropped in on the wolf and swung his spear around missing the target. He had missed, that was kind of a bummer. He had recalled to her about being careful and he could take more damage, but she had a few tricks up her sleeve. She wasn't without her quips as well. The ebony haired woman stood tall in front of the wolf and stared at it with her honey laced eyes. A sharp smirk dressed her punctuated full lips as the wolf looked to her and aimed it sights on her. The wolf howled and leaped, she spun around on her toes engaging her acrobatic skill set and was in the process of lifting her blade over head and came slicing down with a felling strike as the wolf toppled over bleeding from the side. She looked over her shoulder, the wolf was now a monkey in the middle, and then turned to face the enemy. 

"Ahh...not too shabby from the little girl, huh? I'll back off if things get complicated..."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 37 

Opal HP:37 [Hate 1]

Frost Wolf HP: 16/19 [12DMG]

ID: 31817
BD: 7+2 = 9 [No crit, unnatural 9]
MD: 6-2 =4 Miss

Edited by Opal

Lawfer watched in a bit of amazement as the honey-eyed future shinobi danced around the white beast. She sure had the hips to dance, but now she had all the footwork. As she countered back and struck the wolf it toppled over, only to stand between the two of them. "Not to shabby at all. But now its my turn." He remarked as he sprinted forward. Opal had drawn its attention, now it was his turn to strike. As he got closer, he planted the head of the Lawbreaker into the ground and vaulted over to the wolfs right flank. As he landed, snow sprayed up into the air creating a cloud.

He had the perfect position to unleash his flurry of attacks. His hands gripped the halberd tightly and the Lawbreaker began to glow, "Twin Thrust!" Lawfer screamed as he lunged forward, thrusting twice. The first was aimed at the wolf's knee, as it made contact it ripped through. Pulling back, Lawfer thrusted once more, aiming at the falling head of the white beast. The halberd's spear head made contact with the neck, launching the wolf into a back spin, stunning it completely. Lowering his stance he looked back to Opal. "Its your turn sweetheart." 

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 37 [+1HM DMG & +1BD LM this roll] [1 Hate]
Lawfer Energy: 5

Opal HP:37 -1 Hate

Frost Wolf HP: 4/19 [12DMG] Stunned

ID: 31820
BD:  5+ 1[LM]- [5DMG+1HM DMG] 6*2= 12DMG +Stun

Edited by Lawfer

The Lawbreaker was thrust twice as at the wolf, its hide pierced by the glow of the sword art as it ripped through hide and flesh of the creature. It gave a pained howl as it toppled over, its leg's spasm from the shock of the stunning strike. Opal could only watch with bated breath as his weapon had clearly demonstrated it's namesake. Her blade pulsated once as she got closer to the downed beast, "Not much fight left in it now. It can't even get up.." she knelt down to the creature its eyes glossing over from the pain. She thrust her blade into downed wolf and released it quickly enough to give a quick death. She stood up and flicked the remnants of digital blade off her tainted sword as the wolf exploded into pixels and danced into the cold air. As she got up, she breathed outwards, her hot breath mixing with the cold. 

Her eyes narrowed as she sheathed Izunami, and then she nodded her head towards the cottage, "Looks like that wasn't much of a fight after all. I guess the only thing left to do is to check out that cottage, ya know?" She hopped playfully towards Lawfer and snatched his arm bringing it up to her chest and beaming a smile at him.  

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP: 37 [+1HM DMG & +1BD LM this roll] [1 Hate]
Lawfer Energy: 5

Opal HP:37  

Frost Wolf HP: dead/19 [12DMG] Stunned
LD: 2+1 = 3 [of corpse!!] 

ID: 31824
BD:  9+2 [Minor Crit +1 Dmg] 11

Opal Rewards: Death blow: +1 Material

Edited by Opal

"That sounds like a great plan." Lawfer smiled as he looked down at the beautiful woman that was clutching his arm. This was much more enjoyable than last time and they still had plenty of time to enjoy each others company before she would depart on her journey. As the two made their way to the snow covered cabin Lawfer raised his hand and unlocked the door. It was very small and quaint. The fireplace was at the rear south wall of the room and with a small love seat positioned in front of it. There was a small table with four chairs next to the small kitchen that encompassed the west quarter of the room. The only remaining piece of furniture was the bed on the east wall that was close enough to the fire, that it would keep inhabitants warm. "Welcome to my little escape from this reality." Lawfer stated as he closed the door behind the two. 

"I'll get the fire started, you can get yourself comfortable. If you need them, there should be a few more blankets under the bed if I recall." He commented as he began to walk over to the fire place. Kneeling down, he began stocking the fireplace with the logs that were near it. He reached over and grabbed some additional kindling and placed it atop the logs. Finally he grabbed the smallest of branches to use as tinder. Strewing them about the kindling the golden haired man reached in his pocket, and pulled out a match book. Striking the match he lit the tinder ablaze. The fire started small, then began to catch onto the kindling then to the dry logs, and would eventually burst into a roaring fire. 

Looking back to the woman, a smile encompassed his face as he stood. "Well Opal, what do you think of my little cabin?" He asked jokingly as he walked over to the couch and sat down. Motioning for the beauty to join him as he watched the fire grow, losing his train of thought as he enjoyed growing flame.

They hurried towards the cottage in the snow, more like Opal felt like she was rushing him to it as she was plenty of cold by now and Lawfer made way with key to the lock. As she watched the door open before her she saw it was a very cozy looking place. She smiled over her shoulder at him raising it slightly as she moved on in front of him. She rubbed her arms to get warmed up and looked around the quaint little wooden cottage. She could still feel the coldness from the outside air seeping inside, but Lawfer was getting to the fireplace pretty quickly. She shivered lightly and made way for the small love seat discarding her jacket over the edge of the sofa. 

As the fire roared and came to life, the sound of crackling burning wood mixed with the slow haunting howl of the wind outside started to bring the cabin to life. Lawfer had sat down to get comfortable, getting lost in the gaze of the fire he started. She made her way over to him, lifting one of his arms over her head and allowed it to fall over her bare shoulder as she snuggled closer to him. 

"This is a lot more comfortable than that broken wagon in the desert. That was quite unbearable. So, I have to ask...how many women have you brought here since you found this place, huh? Hahah, don't worry. I'm not jealous." she said with a sharp smile and grinned towards him. She continued to look around the quaint snow covered cottage and the bed at the east which looked inviting to say in the least. 

"I didn't bring anything with me...like food, or alcohol. So I think we might have to go out at some point to get some fish from a lake or something. We can fry those suckers in the fire, right?" she joked, teasing his chest with her hand. 

Lawfer's attention had remained on the fire for a short time, that was until he realized that his arm had been perfectly manipulated to embrace the slender woman. It felt nice, being able to hold her and not having to shield her this time. That was for sure. Turning his gaze form the fire, he had realized what the woman had just said and laughed. "Well at least this time we have a nice comfy couch for us to enjoy.... But you are the first woman to set foot in this place, surprising as it may be." He paused for a moment to reach up and brush back a stray strand of hair that had fallen into the woman's face. He smiled. "When we got back from the desert, I had enough col to finally buy this cabin. I figured I would have a little bit of time to upgrade it before you got back, but there is no time like to present for you to see it." He commented as he broke his gaze on the woman to look back at the fire. 

"Ill probably turn this to my studio by the time you get back, and it still needs a library. It's been awhile since I've actually read anything besides my interface so I need to make it happen. Can't let my mind rot while my body gets stronger. Right?" He stated with a smile as he raised his free arm and flexed jokingly. Lawfer looked back to the woman's honey eyes. Her comments about having no food or booze was alarming. Lawfer hadn't thought that through before the two departed to his little retreat. "Well your intoxicating enough Miss Seven Wonders." He said referencing one of the first compliments he had given the woman, but he did remember he had stocked up on a few food items for his cottage when he initially paid for it. "As for food, I have a few things here.... I'll warn you though... I can dance, sing and fight with some of the best of them... But my ability to cook is laughable to say the least. I'm a master with the microwave... but when it comes to the stove. I'm not as dependable." He said with a laugh as he looked out the window to the frost filled lake. 

"But if you want to skinny dip trying to catch some fish, I'll join you. But guys don't fair to well in cold water." He commented raising a brow. "But seeing as how we have a wonderful fire and enough body heat. We can warm ourselves up effectively after." Laughing once more, Lawfer began to think about the ramifications of actually skinny dipping in the ice water. It sounded intriguing but at the same time completely ludicrous. "On second thought... Never mind Shrinkage is just too much of a B***h."

"Its beautiful, really is. The trip was well worth spent getting here too. I can see this turning into a studio room...and a library sounds really neat. I didn't know SAO had any sort of books other than the basic user manuals and info pages in the help section of the menu. I'll have to look that up as well...Don't give me that look...I'm much more than just boobs and makeup." she smirked at him, poking his chest with her finger. 

She curled back up to him snuggling over his shoulder as she blinked a few times as he talked about not having the best of cooking skills, her lips curled. "You know, I'm a graduated or soon to be graduated chem student and I still burn water at home. Don't ask me how that happens, I just do.I don't think I would make an excellent housewife if you ask me. My skills lie more in specific areas of the relationship..." she said biting her lower lip lightly and raising her eyebrows. After that brief exchange of looks, she laughed about skinny dipping in an ice cold lake..."Nuuu...that ain't gonna happen any time soon, unless its a hot spring. Which I am gonna keep my eyes peeled for on the upper floors. I thought this floor would have one somewhere but I haven't explored this place much due to the unbearable cold weather...."

She leaned back in the sofa, she could feel the heat all around her from the fireplace and the warmth of his body surrounding her. She was getting much warmer now thanks to him being so cozy and sweet. So the food problem would be managed, "Too bad we don't have that alcohol though. But, I don't think I am going to need it to do the stuff I plan on doing tonight..." she said repositioning herself on the sofa. She sat on her knees and crawled over to him, her lips brushed against his cheek and traveled to his ear and spoke in a whisper, "if you know what I mean..." 

Feeling the finger impression on his chest, Lawfer looked into Opal's honey eyes once more, "If I thought you were just boobs and make up, I wouldn't be spending so much time with you Beautiful." He paused momentarily. "If I cant find anything good to read. I'll just spend some time writing all the books I read before. I have a knack for things like that. Anything I read, hear or see I don't forget." He said as he tapped his temple. "This guy is like a trap for information. Ever since I was a kid, it wouldn't let me forget anything."  He commented once more.

As she snuggled up again with the spear bearer, he looked down at her listening to her story about burning water. "Well water is one of the most difficult thing to cook I hear. I'm sure everyone has that problem..." he paused to laugh slightly, he too had almost the same problem, that's why he would use the microwave. It was so much easier that way. "But Chemistry? That explains your knack for potions. I hear you're one of the best at making them." He said as he winked. "Yeah, there aren't any hot springs around here unfortunately. I've checked everywhere in on this level. The remarkable thing on this level is the Starglade. Its a little to the west of here, its a beautiful view. Not as beautiful as the one I have right now, but still its something to see if you can bare the cold. Which we both know isn't your thing." He said with a grin as he turned his attention to the crackling fire.

As the woman sat up on her knees, Lawfer could feel the moist lips rub against his cheek as he watched the fire burn. As she whispered, a slight smirk ran across Lawfer's face. Turning to her, he placed his forehead slightly against hers, keeping his lips just out of reach from the woman's. "I have my idea's" He commented as he raised his right hand up and caressed her face. His thumb running back and forth over her cheek slowly. As he motioned in with his head he closed his eyes as he planted a kiss on her lips. His heart raced, the beating and tempo continued to accelerate. Pulling back slightly he smiled at the woman. "You know, I've been waiting a little to do that." He said as he peered into her eyes once more, keeping his hand on her soft skin. Motioning back in he kissed her once more, this time holding the kiss a bit longer than the last time. It was the first time he had kissed a woman in quite some time, but the feeling of lips always remained the same.