[PP-F4] Reminiscences - COMPLETE!!

Mack had paid out a bit of col to rent, for the evening, a large private room in the inn on the fourth floor where he took his room. The banquet hall was a rather humble room as such areas went, with light provided from a central fireplace and a few lit candles in the middle of the polished round ebony table around which had been settled four equally elegantly carved cushioned ebony chairs. A simple meal had been set up along one wall on a separate table with a few plates and, at the end of the simple buffet table, there were many small casks containing an assortment of beers. Mack knew that he would be grandmastering his weapon skill soon and he had called together a few intimate acquaintances, and Shirosu, to discuss their various adventures and to celebrate the accomplishment and, somehow, it didn't seem right to bring together the entire guild simply for the purpose of celebrating their Grandmaster.

Besides, who knew... with enough flowing beer anything could happen.

Taking one of the seats at the table, Mack drew back the hood of his gold trimmed crimson Guild cloak and waited for the guests he had invited to arrive. Assuming that they were coming at all. He'd messaged each of the women with the invitation, but he'd not actually received a confirmation from any of them though, at least, he assumed Shirosu would show up since she generally was willing to go just about anywhere that free food was to be found, at least so Mack had seen. Wrapping one massive hand around the handle of the pewter tankard in front of him, Mack raised the cup and its dark foamy liquid to his lips and took an experimental sip. The guests would arrive, or they would not, all he could do now was wait.

Edited by Mack

The moment Shirosu saw a message that mentioned free food she dropped what she was currently doing, packed up her supplies, collected Gin the fox from his little corner and closed the shop, wasting no time on walking through the town of beginnings to get to the teleporter. Once she was on the fourth floor, she followed to directions in Macks letter and finding the warmly lit place entered it with a gigantic grin and asked,"Did someone mention free food?"  but she paused mid step, Mack, didn't look quite so much like mack at this second, he had dyed his hair deep red and grown a beard," I know our guild is called the Crimson Blades," she said,"But you're really taking it to the next level." Seating herself at the table she asked,"So who else did you invite tonight, guessing by the limited plates and cutlery not the inter guild, also congratz on almost grandmastering you Axe, that's pretty cool."

{OOC: I'm assuming that the message was asking for help to Grandmaster his axe skill along with the mention of free food}

Piera received a message from Mack stating that he was nearly to Grandmaster level for his two handed axe and that he was looking for assistance in this task. He would be at the inn he was usually at in the big room and there would be free food. Looking around at her very empty shop, the brunette couldn't see a reason not to go, plus she'd like to help her friend out...and free anything was always nice. So she sent a message to Lee letting her know what she was doing and closed up the shop with no remorse. She hadn't gotten hardly any business since those two big orders had been put in, which while it was nice to have time to craft and gather, she would also like for people to buy the overabundance of good potions that she had.

Making the short trip to Delilah Village's teleport pad which took her one floor up where she hurriedly made her way to the inn before she could get too cold. She'd never get used to this floor, she swore... Piera briefly asked the NPC innkeeper for directions and he pointed the way. Opening the double doors to the sizable room and was met with the warmth from the fire and the smell of food, both of which made her smile in content. "Hey Shirosu." She greeted immediately, the white haired girl immediately drawing her attention before her eyes slid to the only other occupant in the room.

Frowning slightly, the brunette was about to ask where Shirosu's guild leader was when she did a double take at the red haired man. "M-Mack?!" The alchemist's eyes bulged as she walked closer to him, looking over his face closely. The change to his hair and the addition of facial hair changed his appearance so much she nearly didn't recognize him at all. But upon closer observation, it was still the same face and eyes. Shaking her head in exasperated amusement. "Y'know for someone who's favorite color is green you sure wear a lotta crimson." Putting emphasis on the color due to the name of his guild.

"You look good with a beard though. Oh! By the way, I have the items you ordered." Piera pulled open her menu with a flick of her finger and deposited several potions and crystals into the trade window before sending it to Mack and clicking accept preemptively as he had already paid her in advance.

Name: Crystal of Harming
ID: 31036 CD: 12
Alchemist Rank: 3
Item Rank: Perfect
Effect: Adds +3 damage to user's attacks for one thread.
Description:
A bright blue rectangular crystal. Immediately after using the crystal, players damage is increased by three for the duration of several hours.

Name: The Matriarch's Stinger <<Quest Reward>>
Item Rank: Uncommon?
Effect: This incredibly potent venom can be applied to a weapon to provide an additional +1 damage for the duration of one battle.
Description:
An elegant glass phial filled with sticky golden liquid that much appears to be honey if it wasn't for the golden flecks.

Name: Toxic Venom
ID: 31180 CD: 12
Alchemist Rank: 3
Item Rank: Perfect
Effect: Adds toxin to a weapon for one battle. Poisons on dice roll 9-10 for 2 damage 2/2 turns. This application uses a post turn.
Description:
A glass phial filled with a sticky neon green liquid that when applied to a weapon, adds toxin to it, causing whatever the weapon hits to become poisoned.

Name: HP Recovery Crystal
ID: 30249 CD: 10
Alchemist Rank: 2
Item Rank: Uncommon
Effect: Causes the user to be instantly healed by five health points.
Description:
A bright red rectangular crystal. Immediately after using the crystal, player is healed by fifteen health points.

ID: 31449 CD: 9
Alchemist Rank: 4
Effect: Instantly heals user for 15 HP.
Description:
A bright red crystal that when used, instantly heals player for fifteen health points.

ID: 31578 CD: 10
Alchemist Rank: 4
Effect: Instantly heals user for 15 HP.
Description:
A bright red crystal that when used, instantly heals player for fifteen health points.

"AGAIN!?" Opal exclaimed as her cauldron bellowed out a horrific groan as if a poltergeist had been summoned from her brew. The thick stew popped and bubbled as she took several steps back and turned the heat off of it. The cauldron continued to smoke, bubble and pop well after the heat had died below it. She placed her hands on her hips and sighed and shook her head. 

"Well...so much for that..." she caroused through her menu finding a message from Mack pending in her list of conversations. Her lips curved into a frown, "He better not be asking for dirty pics or something..." she said opening the message. 

Apparently he was mighty close to Grandmastering his Axe skill while she was happy to learn he was getting more powerful, Opal couldn't help feel that she was still trudging slowly forward with her progression. She didn't reply to the message and he was nice enough to invite her for food and possibly drink, although she would not dare get smashed this time around. She changed out of her witchy costume and into her regular wear and proceeded to close up shop. It was convenient like this anyways, she wasn't sure the next time she would be at her shop due to her training. 

She proceeded to the portal in town and was whisked away to floor four, yet again...that unrelenting cold snow floor. She pouted as she appeared at the portal and ended up taking several detours because she got lost. No doubt, she would be the last to arrive to the shindig...that was just her style to be late anyways, and give her ample time to smoke a quick cigarette before making her entrance. . As she closed in on the Inn she blew out a voluminous plume of lilac smoke from her mouth before flicking her cig away before it was crushed into data particles.She felt the warmth surround her body as she entered and asked which room Mack was staying at. The man gave her a look over, what was he looking at? He directed her to the top floor and gave the room number.

Opal went up the flight of stairs complaining every step of the way as she slowly made it to the last step, "Good, [censored]...grief...Always has to make things so god damn...HEY MACK!!" she bellowed out throwing her hands in the air to give him a hug, she had tailed Piera just as the door was closing behind her as she entered the large and nicely decorated room.

"Woa...was not expecting something this fancy out of you...Should have worn by ruby slippers! Hey Piera, oooh. Shirosu is here too. Mack...Don't tell me you just invited the women to your party." she looked at the crimson faced axe wielder and shook her long black locks from her face.

"I need a drink...I'm gonna get a drink..." she said moving towards the casks at the end of the table.  

Mack looked up from his place at the heavy round table, his grey eyes taking in the silver-maned Shirosu as she entered the room and asked about the free food. He’d known that, with free food on the line, she would show up even if no one else did. “I did mention something about free food,” the man said, drawing back the deep hold of the blood red cloak and gesturing in the direction of the table that was laden with food. “Help yourself, but don’t make yourself sick,” the Grandmaster continued, as Shirosu commented on his appearance. “It was time I looked the part of the Guildmaster and, you’re quite right, this is a limited invitation engagement.”

No sooner had he finished speaking to Shirosu, fully expecting her to take off for the buffet table post haste to load her plate high with no less than half of all the food, than the doors opened and Piera entered as well. Despite recent events, she was still willing to show up and that was a good sign as far as Mack was concerned. Her reaction of shock, and then recognition, was to be expected as she would not be used to the flaming red hair and beard. “A Grandmaster must be the very embodiment of his Guild, all who look upon him must know at a glance who he represents. Now they do,” Mack said solemnly, thumping the table lightly for emphasis with one massive fist. “I’m glad you like the beard though,” he continued, looking at the items Piera was offering in trade, all of which would be most useful in the coming boss raid on the eleventh floor, just as much as being a Grandmaster of the Two-Handed Axe would be useful. “Thanks for the items, they’ll be most useful.”

Right on the heels of Piera, Opal entered the room as well and threw her arms in the air, which had the effect of also throwing her already ample chest out as well. Obligingly, Mack rose from his seat and crossed to Opal before scooping the smaller woman into his arms for a hug, whisking her momentarily off of the ground before setting her back down upon the floor. “Of course I just invited you ladies. I’m not going to turn this into a Beoreson’s Shop Sausage Fest,” the red haired man said with a small impish grin.

“Help yourselves to something to eat, but I have something special to toast with before the drinking really gets out of hand,” Mack said, pulling up his inventory and considering all of the items before selecting one. A dusty bottle filled with amber-colored liquid appeared in his hands. The bottle itself was distinctly warm to the touch, almost hot, but not quite and slightly larger than a standard wine bottle. Waving his hand through his inventory again he produced four cut crystal glasses that had been etched with the design of a bee by a master glass cutter. Placing the glasses down on the table, he poured a generous measure of the warm honey colored liquid into each before passing the glasses around to each of the women, reserving one for himself.

“This is the finest mulled honey mead that has yet to be discovered in all of Aincrad,” he pronounced in a low-tone, holding the glass to his nose and inhaling a whiff of the sweet spicy mixture of cloves, allspice, nutmeg, and a hint of dried peaches. “It seemed a suitably festive drink. So, help yourselves to the food and drink and remember that this,” he raised his glass, “is the good stuff. Once we’ve tucked in to the meal, I’ll explain my purpose in calling you all here this evening. Aside from the obvious reason, namely I prefer the company of beautiful women to that of most men.”

When Shirosu saw who else he had invited she almost burst out laughing, men were really interesting creatures to say the least. As she laddeled her plate high with food she observed the incoming women greeting each of them with a goofy, friendly smile. She brought her food over to the table and sat down but refrained from eating yet, as much as she wanted too. She was still staring out of the corner of her eye at the guild masters face upgrade, she was a lot more shocked at it then she let on, it would be hard trying to adjust to seeing a red haired, red bearded dude instead of the familiar blonde hair she had been used too. She grinned when Mack placed a glass in front of her and filled it with liquor," I promise i will not get outta hand tonight" she laughed, more of a promise to herself more than anything else. She took a small sip of the honey mead and her grin spread,"Yup, good stuff"  She waited patiently while the others were getting settled and turning to Mack asked with an impish grin of her own,"So you called us here for another reason other than to hang out with a group of pretty ladies?" she leaned back in her chair and Gin popped his head out of her shirt,"Oops! forgot you were in there bud" she lifted the fox out and set him on the ground where he could wander around,"Just don't eat any food and run under anyone's legs" she muttered to the kit, who looked at her with understanding. She handed him a small chew toy she had crafted and he marched off to a corner to gnaw on it. 

Piera shook her head, smiling at Mack's reasoning behind his new hair. "You are very....Crimson now." She chuckled before seeing that he accepted the trade with thanks. "I'd prefer that they not be needed at all. Just make sure to take care of yourself." She requested seriously before glancing back at the exclamation of "HEY MACK!" and saw Opal standing there behind her with her arms open wide, but it didn't seem like she was offering to give her a hug as her eyes were on the guild leader and said amber eyes didn't seem particularly surprised at his new appearance. The voluptuous dark haired beauty seemed more surprised with the quality of the room and its' furnishings much to the brunette's amusement at her comment about ruby slippers.

No sooner did she finish saying did Mack go to Opal and greeted her with a warm hug that whisked her off of her feet momentarily before teasing that 'of course he invited only the ladies'. The shorter alchemist's eyebrows raised slightly over her oval frames as she watched the exchange, stepping away slightly to give them some semblance of room and privacy, belatedly averting her eyes. Walking over to the food, Piera looked over the vast selection before picking out two particularly delicious looking items and setting them on a plate before joining Shirosu, offering the white haired girl a smile as she looked at her more filled up plate.

The brunette glanced back to Opal as she remarked that she needed a drink, to which the new red headed man obliged, opening his menu to retrieve a somewhat familiar looking bottle filled with golden liquid. Piera eyed the bee designed glasses that the guild leader passed around to each of them with speculation as he told them what the drink was with great revere. "It's not going to lead to anything like what happened last time right?" She raised an eyebrow to the man and after getting an assurance that it wouldn't lead to such an event, would tentatively take a sip of the honeyed mead.

It was fairly good, definitely better than the ale that Beoreson had been serving at his party. Licking her lips, she next took a bite of a very succulent piece of ham, or at least a meat that tasted like ham even if it didn't particularly look like it. "Most men, huh?" The bespectacled young woman chuckled for a moment before asking curiously, "So what was your main purpose in calling us here then?"

She was bundled up in the air and swung around in place before being placed back down, that...was a first. Which was the only thing going through Opal's mind at the moment. She hadn't been swung like that since...Err, well, she wouldn't wanna recall such a private memory right now. She landed softly back on the ground and was introduced to mead for the first time, or whatever it was. If it was alcoholic, she'd drink it. But she did eye the man when Piera brought up the point of what happened last time. 

"Yeah, we don't talk about that night or morning for that matter...ever again. I am still reeling from that event and still not completely sure whatever happened. On the up and up, free booze and food!" Opal stacked her plate with a little bit of everything, she wasn't sure when the next time she would be able to have such yummy food since she would be training soon, she wasn't sure how Myoga was gonna plan for their meals. She sighed lightly and sat down, and the four of them drank the honeyed liquid in front of them. The taste was sweet and warm and it soothed her throat. 

"Woa...Mack, you've been holding out on us." Opal looked down at her plate, maybe she got a wee bit too much food, but nearly as much as Shirosu. She looked at her questionably, "Where do you put all that food? You are thinner than I am...I admire your appetite though. Even in the real world...most things go to my hips and its so stressing work that out." She smelled the aroma of the food from all over and could not help but taste a little sample of the white fluffy stuff that looked like mashed potatoes...She looked up at Mack with an almost teary eyed expression..."This...is....so...good. I could cry..." After swallowing, she looked over to Piera who asked what the special occasion was.

"He's feeding us and giving us alcohol. There is only one thing this is gonna lead to and I'll be leaving before that happens..." 

"Yes, there is another reason I called you all here and the goal is not to end up like last time, though that largely depends on you three and whether or not some of that apple pie moonshine is involved again," Mack said in a serious tone, his grey eyes regarding both Piera and Opal. He watched as everyone helped themselves to something to eat though, for his part, the only thing that remained in front of him was his glass of warm spiced mead. "And my purpose, other than enjoying the lovely scenery," he continued, inclining his head first in Piera's direction before gesturing to Opal and Shirosu with his hands, "was to enlist your aid in completing the necessary requirements for grandmastering my weapon skill."

"One of the requirements imposed after the combat update for grandmastering a weapon skill was that one must discuss with friends and comrades some of one's greatest achievements in battle. Reliving the glory moments, as it were," Mack said in a low tone that still easily carried to the three women seated around the table. "So, at the risk of being a braggart, that is why I've called you all here. That we might all swap stories of blood, dismemberment, and death of the enemies that Kayaba has placed before us. I know Opal, in particular, has a most amusing tale regarding the Secret Medicine of the Forest if she's inclined to share it with us. Just as Piera has a thrilling tale involving a Salamander on this very floor, and Shirosu can tell about her conquest of Avalanche."

As Shirosu ploughed threw her meal she had to pause to answer Opals question," I'll tell you Opal, you see, I have a hollow leg, that's where I store all my food and so, it just piles up in there until i can't eat for a couple of days and then i burn off my stash," She winked after the joke, in reality, she had no clue where all the food when, all she knew that was if she could eat a bunch and not look like a balloon, then she was happy.  She was half done her plate when Mack mentioned the grand mastering of his Axe, that was quite the accomplishment, if only she had been thinking straight when spending her SP, she might have put it all towards her weapon, oh well. With a grin she laughed,"Bragging rights eh? that's quite some fun, i get to over exaggerate things that i've beat up? count me in" She finished her meal while Mack explained some of the things they could brag about, wait, in polite terms tell stories of their adventures, and she was formulating how to say hers. "So! who wants to go first?"

The corners of Piera's mouth twitched as she though of a movie quote to go along with what Opal said and also wondered what exactly was on the 'up and up' about free food and alcohol. She was immediately suspicious, though still not about to turn down anything free on principle. Especially not food. Munching the strange greenish meat she hummed when she realized it tasted like delicious honeyed ham. Sipping the mead, it actually paired very well with the meal even if it wasn't exactly her cup of tea so to speak. Glancing at the other two women she saw their plates were vastly overfilled compared to hers.

Realizing that they could cut loose and there weren't more people coming, the brunette sheepishly stood and went to get a few more items that looked particularly tasty to her. Sitting back down with a content smile at her haul, the alchemist chortled at Shirosu's reply to Opal about how she was able to eat so much. "I knew it. I could hear it when you walk." She teased the white haired girl as she mixed two sides together to create a more interesting blend before eating it, pleased with her experimentation. But she almost choked when the dark haired beauty responded to the question she posed Mack. "Opal!" She protested, shaking her head and secretly agreeing if it actually came to that, which she doubted.

Sipping more of the mead to clear her throat, the brunette listened quietly as the guild leader explained the reason for their summoning before cracking some jokes that made her eyes roll. Her posture turned straighter and her eyes went bright with interest when he mentioned Grandmastering his two handed axe skill. The requirements were certainly nothing like she'd ever heard but definitely interesting. However her faint smile of interest went flat when the blonde man mentioned her fight with the salamander. When Shirosu asked who'd like to go first, she didn't even respond, simply pointed at Mack. "Okay first of all, that was no thrilling tale. You didn't even help me against that thing. The most use your axe got was you leaning on it as you literally stood back and watched." Her tone was no nonsense and somewhat accusatory as she definitely didn't appreciate the aftermath of said event and even more definitely did not want to describe said aftermath to two others.

Thinking for a moment, Piera realized that she had to think of something positive to say. "You did help me out when that stupid frost troll nearly choked me out though. Beat the thing to death with your bare hands. Eh, I guess that didn't really use your axe though, did it?" The brunette flashed a smile over at the muscular red head as she remembered the day. It had certainly been harrowing for her as she had only just woken up when the monster barged into their camp. "Hmm...but the most thrilling thing of all that I can think of..." Piera's eyes glazed as she remembered, her smile turning wide. "Was the fight against the dragon."

Blinking and shaking her head out of the memory she ended somewhat lamely, "You were pretty awesome against that thing." Looking at the other two women she gestured for them to go, suddenly embarrassed from having spoken for such a length of time and stared very acutely at her plate as she poked her food before eventually eating some of it.

"Ugh...that quest..." the honey eyed woman said rolling those said eyes. Piera had started her tale of the Salamander as Mack, the jolly red giant, had proclaimed the tale to be. She listened with amusement flicking her eyes back and forth the two and chuckles at the bits and pieces of the story she thought were amusing, "That sounds like Mack, he did the same thing with the quest I was on with Shirosu here. He just stayed in the back and did his tree chopping thing for materials. Of course some of the advice he offered did help that day..." she nodded in his direction as a thank you on that, "BUT...I did not enjoy his little quip about flashing the Nepent with my boobs to stun it. He figured if it was a male plant species, showing my boobs would cause it to stagger or something. He was just looking to see my boobs again..." she sighed and her raven hair was tousled in the movement. Sweeping the long strands from her face, she forked meat and vegetables before stuffing her face. 

"In the end, I got the medicine though...By myself. He even told Shirosu to stop helping. That day would have gone by a lot faster if I wasn't the only one swinging that massive blade around and just cutting the grass. But that was my tale, it was nothing extraordinary." Opal had said delivering her little story to the group after swallowing her food and taking a healthy gulp of her beverage. She leaned back in her chair and tidied herself up with a napkin across her full lips as she pushed her empty plate forward, that was enough of that for right now. 

"By the way, grats, Mack on your Grandmastery. It's gonna take me a half of forever to get my skills up. In any case, good going. I am sure Lindow would have been proud." 

As Mack was about to answer that anyone who wished to could start, after Shirosu had posed the all important question, Piera had already launched in to her tale. "Well, what man wouldn't want to watch a beautiful woman in the SAO version of a hot tub," the massive red headed man asked over the top of his glass of warm, mulled mead, winking at Piera as he spoke. "Besides, I knew you could handle a tiny little lizard," the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades continued, remembering the fight and, more fondly, what had come after. "As you point out, though, every time you needed help I was right there to help you and make sure that you were just fine," Mack continued, toasting his glass in Piera's direction before taking another tip of the warm, aromatic amber colored liquid as Opal launched in to her own tale.

"Thank you for the kind words," the bearded man said, inclining his head in Opal's direction. "I really thought it would work though, the flashing thing," Mack said in a low tone across the table to Opal. "You could restore the dead to life with those things, as I think you well know." Mack smirked and raised his glass to his lips once again, swirling the liquid around in the glass before taking another sip of the mead. "And, did the experience of finishing off the nepent by yourself help make you a better swordswoman," Mack asked, continuing on the same theme. "As you each know, I cannot be everywhere at once to always help you. I'd prefer you to learn how to handle combat without me, because I may not always be there," the ginger headed man said, speaking a bit darkly and morbidly. The simple truth was that any of them could be killed and removed from the game at any time, therefore it was important that everyone not need to rely on anyone.

"On that cheerful note, Shirosu would you like to share a story next, or shall I," Mack asked, gesturing in the silver-haired woman's direction with his half-full mead glass. It would be rather interesting to see which story Shirosu chose to share with the group.

"Hummmmm, ill go next "Shirosu said thoughtfully thinking back, "I might as well relate what happened on the day i got recruited, which seems like quite a time of go actually" She sighed, why had she picked this one? probably because the outcome was something of humorous value."My recruitment day was pretty standard, we went out into the feild of beginnings, and i got to run around like an idiot and beat up boars, pretty fun right? Still one of my favourite pass times, any who, after i had pummeled three to the smelly things in to pixels Mack decided to dual me for our last challenge, that's where things got.......awkward, and mainly in my case, i'm pretty sure Mack was laughing like a crazy mad man in his own head. We started the duel, first to three, i got pretty man handled by this guy," she said pointing accusingly" probably would be harder for him now, or so i hope" she laughed,"Anyways, in the end, i ended up going for quite the unceremonious crotch shot, not very honorable of me, still was kinda satisfying anyway even if it didn't hit, Opal should know the rest of the story but for Piera's sake i'll say the rest, in a shot form, pretty much i got flung over this mountain of a mans shoulder like a freshly killed deer and carried back to town, and to my surprise quite the rally had occurred, not my most glorious day, but atleast i get to mention i was almost successful in crotch shooting my guild master, then there was Koumori, who had done so very successfully," Shirosu smirked, she missed that kid, she hadn't messaged him in quite some time so that they could go cause some trouble in some poor town and was a little lonely. She took another sip from her mead then looked to Mack and grinned,"Now its your turn, i do believe" 

Piera's eyes rolled behind her glasses at the bearded man's comments. "You still could've helped." She protested, pointing at him with her fork for added effect. "Hypothermia isn't worth you getting an eyeful." When he pointed out that she herself stated that he helped her when she truly needed it, she sighed and grumbled under her breath, though she was bearing a small smile as she chewed, meeting his raised glass with her own in a toast before taking a small sip.

Piera listened with a smile as Opal described Mack as simply gathering materials while she and Shirosu did all of the work. But the woman did admit he gave them genuinely helpful advice....along with some not so helpful advice. When the curvier alchemist repeated what the guild leader had told her to do to the Nepent, the brunette stared at him in mild disbelief. But he confirmed it! Somehow he still managed to make it seem like a viable option, as well as causing the mood to drop along with her stomach. Piera swallowed thickly as she thought of the upcoming boss battle while staring at her plate of food and finding herself not very hungry all of a sudden. She didn't want to think about the possibility of Mack dying. Or Lowenthal. Or anyone for that matter. She was a very dependent person and not in just combat, it was simply her nature.

Shirosu's tale was definitely more lighthearted and explained a few things that she had been wondering for a while. "Mack." She stated, somewhat scandalized. "It was her first day in the guild and you did that? I mean it's not like it hurt or anything."  The brunette referred to the white haired girl's low blow. Sighing, the alchemist waved to the guild leader. "Yes yes, go on. Now's your chance to try and redeem yourself. Regale us with a thrilling tale of your heroism and axe prowess."

Opal sat by and listened to the stories unfurl from the other women at the table as she drank another portion of her mead and looked at Shirosu as she talked about the story of the infamous Crotch Shot. She sighed and shook her head, the black tendrils of hair coming undone as she placed a few fingertips on her forehead and then looked back to Piera after her comment, "That's what I was saying!" Opal added onto Piera's objection towards the event. 

"But he didn't expect what happened next. Jomie showed up and didn't like what he saw from what was going on, then...ummm...Taco?...Showed up?" she forgot his name, "Well, anyways, this brunette guy came along and won a duel against Mack earning him a new weapon for himself. So I think he got his just desserts at the end of the ordeal." 

Opal swung back the last remaining bit of mead in her glass devouring the contents in one go. Her cheeks burned a rosey kind of color as she was feeling the effects of the alcohol and decided to get some more! She was not going to pass up free booze. Finding her way around the room, the vixen came back to her seat with a mug full of something, didn't care at this point and drank the contents with a long exhale of the frosty brew. 

"Mack, why don't you tell us a bit how the Crimson Blades were formed. Where the idea came from and whatnot? I heard stories from Lindow, but I wanna hear it from the man who created the exalted guild. Or, why don't not tell us a story about your first few days in The Death Game." Opal emphasized the word death, clearly she was getting a loopy with the alchy.   

OOC: Opal, if you like we can PM Lawfer and have him show up to pick up drunken Opal. Totally your call. Also, Shirosu, the Day After Thread… one more round for each of us will finish it off.

“I absolutely did, Piera and I never made her apologize for the tactic, did I,” Mack asked, arching an eyebrow at Shirosu as she sat across the table from him. “The lesson was that all tactics are permissible in a life and death situation and that in the world of SAO all combat situations must be treated as life and death,” Mack continued, speaking in a maddeningly calm and logical tone. “However, just because any tactic is permissible in a life and death situation, that doesn’t mean that any tactic may be employed without paying any regard to the consequences, as Shirosu discovered to her dismay. I’ll add that she suffered no lasting harm other than a bit of public embarrassment.”

“As for your encounter with SAO’s winter hot tub,” Mack continued, sipping once more on his mead and turning his attention to Piera. “Had I simply jumped right in the dangerous situation would have been made worse. Instead of only having you soaked to the bone, we both would have been soaked as a blizzard raged around us. I also gave you ample opportunity to avoid the eyeful. Did I not tell you I would put the shirt on you if you didn’t do it yourself,” Mack asked. “To say nothing of turning my back while you peeled yourself out of your soaked armor.”

“Now then, I suppose it is my turn,” Mack said, as Opal popped up and refilled her mug. “And I’ll start here in just a moment,” the massive red-headed man said. Pulling up his menu he entered the messenger and banged out a quick message to Lawfer that he might want to come and retrieve Opal from the Frosted Stag Inn on the fourth floor in about an hour’s time. Sending the message off, as he had no desire for a repeat performance of the last time he and Opal had been drunk together, Mack turned back to the ladies. “My first few days in SAO were hardly interesting, and the Crimson Blades were formed over drinks in this very tavern,” he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. “Which tale would you prefer? The time I retrieved an amulet from some minotaur guardians and the zombie corpse and ghost of King Minos makes for a rather thrilling tale. Or defeating the Sandshark in only a handful of hits. Or even Shirosu and I tackling the Avalanche boss together.”

Shirosu reclined in her chair giving up on trying to beat Mack at an argument, he was too damn logical. She listened as he justified each of their quests paying attention to each on in turn, the more he went on the more she grinned, a sarcastically humorous smile playing on her lips, the Man seemed to like to mess with people, girls especially. "Yikes Mack!" she exclaimed," It seems all these tales contain at least one incident with you huh? Quite the coincidence" She grinned at the others of her genderly brother hood, seems they had all had a rough time dealing with the ginger mountain infront of them. When asked what tale they wanted to hear Shirosu though about which one sounded the most interesting and after some thought leaned forwards and put her vote in," I like Zombies, their cool, so i vote for the first option" she had always been a fan of the undead, she found the concept amusing, she had been going to vet school for a reason, to keep things alive, because after death, the body no longer moved, it was the end. She shuttered, morbid thoughts creeping at the edges of her mind, she shouldent think like that, it always made her depressed, so she turned to focus on the stories. 

Piera looked back at Opal as she concurred with her sentiment and was starting to get a some answers to her unasked questions. Focusing solely on the dark haired woman, the alchemist scraped up some veggies and mixed them in with her fluffy potatoes before chewing as she listened. Smiling around her mouthful, the brunette then swallowed and stated, "I woulda like to see Mack in a duel. Especially if he lost." It was hard to picture the charismatic guild leader losing to anything, though she certainly knew he wasn't exactly the highest level player in Aincrad or anything...yet.

She listened with vaguely amused expression as Mack defended his stance on Shirosu's punishment and what he had been trying to teach her. "Fair enough I suppose." After all, she didn't hear Shirosu complaining much and she doubted that bystanders would let such a thing happen if she had been eagerly protesting. Maybe she considered it a sort of hazing ritual if she had just joined. ...Though that was just as bad. Maybe the Velvet Room should haze some of their members too. At this thought, the alchemist put down the drink and decided she had had enough. Looking back at Opal, she definitely didn't want to end up like last time.

The bearded man countered that it turned out for the better that he hadn't jumped in, as he was able to carry her to warmth and safety and not gotten hypothermia himself. He also pointed out that he did try and preserve her modesty. Ears hot at remembering the encounter she held up her hand to make him stop talking in such detail, embarrassed that it was being stated in front of others. "Alright, alright, you made your point!" As she looked back down at her meal and cut off a piece of meat, Opal encouraged him to tell his own story, offering ideas which he then put down or explained briefly before offering alternatives. Chewing the inside of her cheek in thought, Piera then nodded in agreement with Shirosu's opinion. "First one definitely sounds better. Minotaurs, zombies and ghosts? I gotta hear this."

Opal leaned with interest, her cheeks splashed with a rosy tint from the consumption of the alcoholic beverages that she consumed. She lost count to exactly how many she had at this point, between getting up and getting another as the stories continued to be passed around the table. She laughed more than she needed to at the embarrassed Piera as Mack told in great detail of the Salamander and the Damsel, "So...you got her pretty wet, didn't ya, buddy?" Opal clearly wasn't watching her language or thinking clearly enough to express a modest comment about the story. She laughed again and snorted with a pop of her chair as she continued to drink her alcoholic liquid, "Hey, zombies...that does sound like an interesting tale...You know, I dated a guy in college once that had a zombie fetish...that was an interesting night too..." Opal declared raising the mug and pointed to Mack with it, the liquid splashing over the brim and onto her hand, she gave a small pout while lapping the substance from between her digits. 

The drunk woman placed the drink down slowly on the table and propped herself up on the table a bit leaning towards Shirosu and then attempted to rebalance herself before almost falling out of her chair. She stared at her empty plate a little before running a finger over the edge of it picking up the residue of the creamy cheese sauce that was still left over, she nibbled on her finger and moaned lightly from the taste in her mouth. She was pretty much lost in her own world at this point.