[PP-F3] <<Worn out Welcome>> (silvermistshadow)

X and his pup maruchan were exploring the town on the third floor more specifically a tailor shop that X did not originally know as a quest starting point which also leads to him not understanding at first that the owner is an NPC.

Whait what? I asked the shop owner as he repeated the same thing for the third time now. "ohh an adventurer, would you mind fetching some material? il make you a piece of armor if you do." No no i heard you its just what that's it? no inventory or selection? "ohh an adventurer, would you mind fetching some material? il make you a piece of armor if you do." Hey man just let me see the damn inventory. I ain't no material fetcher. "ohh an adventurer, would you mind fetching some material? il make you a piece of armor if you do." Look dude your starting to PISS me off! "ohh an adventurer, would you mind fetching some material? il make you a piece of armor if you do." I then looked up and noticed he didn't have a player cursor above his head. Ugh goddamn NPC's... fine whatever. I said as I accepted the quest using my menu and a location of an elf boss appeared on my map.... "ohh an adventurer, would you mind fetching some material? il make you a piece of armor if you do." Shut the hell up!

Silvermist had managed to get all the way to the third floor by hiding behind other players. Or something like that. He certainly had tried to go unnoticed. On the third floor itself, he found himself wandering the town, aimless for the most part. He eventually ended up in the tailor shop just before X accepted the quest, looking around a bit. There was no way he'd be able to do that kind of quest. Not on his own. And then he'd probably just have to stand around and be the mascot or something. With the NPC talking, he didn't really think he'd be heard if he said anything, so he stayed quiet.

Maruchan let out a single bark of anger towards the NPC seemingly following my new annoyance for him. i then whistled and maruchan climbed up to my shoulder and barked excitedly because we were going on an adventure. As I turned to leave the shop i came face to face (more like face to chest with his height) and i noticed he was literally level one. As a former member of a former guild known as S1 that set out to help low leveled players I've become very adept at recognizing the lower leveled players just by glancing at them. After staring down at him for a few seconds i brushed past him hopefully not too hard and opened the door to leave as I just now remembered the dislike I had with helping the lower leveled players level. Hey kid... hurry up and accept the quest. your gonna die if you don't come with me. I said over my shoulder changing my mind with a grain of pre-regret.

He stood unflinchingly still as the much taller person turned around and walked almost right into him. Silvermist turned slightly as he was brushed past, then just nodded slightly at his words before accepting the quest and starting to follow him. He'd probably die if a strong breeze flew by on this floor, so he planned on doing exactly as instructed by this guy. At least as long as the instructions weren't even more dangerous. If necessary, he did have his natural agility on his side, plus his size meant a smaller hitbox. So at least he could probably dodge for a little while.

Edited by silvermistshadow

The kid nodded and followed me out the door after accepting the quest but didn't say a word. As i walked through the town towards the exit I picked up my familiar off my shoulder with one hand and set him on the kids head. The pup barked and panted with excitement due to his love of meeting new people. You don't talk much do ya kid? I asked while walking ahead. You know something like that can getcha killed one day, now i say that because I used to help run a guild that helped lower leveled players such as yourself. That and I used to play music down at that orphanage place they look after the kids. I then stretched out my arms as i walked along in front of the kid. Look I'm not saying become a performer like me or even join a guild, just be a little bit more prominent in your existence.

He remained quiet until the familiar was set on his head, which managed to get a small chuckle out of him. "I can, but in real life I was always so quiet people could rarely hear me well. Here, I've found that people can hear my voice just fine." He recalled earlier events at that moment. Silvermist followed him at a distance just close enough that monsters would probably pick the person in front of him first. "I will. It may take time, but I will improve. In plenty of aspects." He was pretty sure of that much. He put a hand on the familiar's back and pet the dog that was on his head, for one because he did like animals, and for another to keep the familiar stable on his head while he moved.

Ha ha he speaks! I joked as we continued along. Maruchan was really enjoying himself riding on the kids head even though it was closer to the ground than my head or shoulder which he usually rides on. The kid recalled how he acted back in real life which in turn made me recall things from the other world. Like how i acted in class, the jokes I told, the girls I hit on, and all the other things I did. Its almost surreal how that was once my reality as apposed to this new life in this game. My train of thought was broken when i glanced back at the kid while walking. Don't worry about keeping him stable, he's as good of an acrobat as me watch. Maruchan hind legs! The pup then flipped to and balanced on his hind legs on top of the kids head. Fore legs! The pup then took the command and back flipped to his fore legs as he began to balance again. rest. The pup then laid back down barking and panting on the short one's head.

"Yeah. I've been trying to speak more often." He said. Since people seemed to be able to hear him better here, he had stopped being nearly as reluctant to try to speak. Plus his height and looks meant people often felt somewhat protective of him, so he didn't feel as nervous. Still cautious, but he did at least have a good eye for people he could trust to not hurt him. He wished he had a mirror when the dog started doing balancing tricks on his head, but did at least chuckle slightly. "So, what kind of hiding spots are around this quest boss? I figure it's best if I hide nearby." 

The kid laughed at Maruchan's tricks and then asked me about the quest boss which i had actually no idea about other than the raw description. I then flicked up the menu and went to view the quest stuff. It says "dark elf" "12 hp" "looks like an elf only darker" Yeah you don't have to worry about it i can take him down in two punches, i guess you can hide behind some bushes or something? Assuming this is in the forest? I looked up slightly to ponder what i just had said and then shook my head assuring my self it had to be in the forest. While walking along the trail i noticed crows in the trees, an odd place for crows to be on this floor but whatever it doesnt really concern me too much.