[PP-F1] Maybe Too Much Attention... (XWuZHeAR)

Eulalia's eyes glimmered in the window of a general clothing store, her jaw dropping unbelievably low.  Okay, maybe other girly tendencies would take over, but she just could help herself!  She reluctantly tore her sight away from the variety of clothes and brought it down to her forest green starter clothing.  Ugh... So dullShe complained in her head, stomping her foot as she did so.  Too bad she didn't have any Col whatsoever... She wasn't going to go risking her life just for a set of clothes, though.

The girl spun around and set her view on the city surrounding her.  What else might she have been able to take a peek at?  Maybe some food would have been nice... Music was a sweet notion... But was there even any good music in the game?  If players couldn't even make music, boy, Eula was going to be pretty ticked off.  Releasing an exasperated sigh, she scanned the area, searching for something fun, or maybe even dumb, to do...

I was standing by the fountain strumming my guitar trying to start my career back up after being a sleep for two months in this game which is a headache of a story in itself. Players passing by were suddenly reminded of my existence as they called out such things as "Hey X is back!" or "oh my god he isn't dead!" Hell yeah man! I yelled back excited people had not totally forgotten about me. My silver guitar shinned in the sun as my rather fast tune filled the air around me with pleasant sound which my familiar maruchan seemed to enjoy more than ever after not hearing it for so long.

I then slowed down the tempo drastically as I would begin singing a song i haven't sang yet. Birds...in. the sky..carry..these words, for me... As i continued playing and singing maruchan made himself more comfortable by climbing up and resting on my shoulder. The song it self is more or less a tribute to the girl my hand wraps are named after. If it wasn't for her teaching me how to fight this way that is now familiar to me I'm not sure how long i would have lasted.

A distant melody filled Eulalia's ears; music.  Without a second thought, the ex-coach was off, bolting through the town towards the harmonic tune produces by none other than a string instrument.  Someone was playing a guitar, and Eula was hellbent on meeting them.  She lowered her body as she ran so as to become as streamlined as possible.  Her lime hair whipped out behind her as it streaked across the plaza, the sound of music only becoming closer and closer...

And there he was; a boy playing a silver guitar and singing, a small dog enjoying the melody upon his owner's shoulder.  Her eyes sparkling, Eulalia strode in front of the boy and sat down upon the cobbles, intently listening to wonderful sounds the musician was producing.  So players can make music... Eula pondered. And beautiful music at that... Her focus was entire focus was on the one-man ensemble before her, her head swaying with the rhythm...

After my slow song ended I opened up my eyes and noticed a lime haired girl was sitting on the ground in front of me. Wow she's really staring into my soul here, d-do i say hi or some thing? While i am in the middle of a performance its not like a cafe owner is asking me to do this like usual instead im just hanging out here on the street building my name back up. Hey there. I said as i slung my guitar around to my back and sat on the ground next to the girl. You seem like you rather enjoyed that little number. its about a dead girl but i suppose that's what makes it special. I explained while further remembering Sasha and getting a little sad remembering her. But what about you? Did you have music experience in the real world?

Eulalia clapped in joy when the musician finished his song, beaming brightly.  He greeted her and she blushed lightly. "H-hey yourself~" Eula replied with a shy wave, shifting lightly as the guitarist took a seat beside her, as if two people sitting on the ground in the middle of nowhere was absolutely normal. "Y-yes, I really enjoyed it... And it's sweet that it's about someone you cherish." She commented, bashfully twirling a lock of lime green hair around her right index finger.  When the guitarist asked Eula if she had any musical experience, she bit her lip nervously. "Well... I haven't actually given anything musical a try... Apart from singing, but I never sing in front of others, hehe..." She chuckled shyly, tilting her head as she looked at the musician.

The girls reply was shy and timid which was kinda cute due to her nervous body shift as i sat down next to her. Maruchan then hopped down to my lap and barked little tiny high pitched barks at the lime haired girl wagging his tail excited to meet her. i stroked his fur as the girl talked and chuckled along seemingly with her but instead chuckling at the way she spoke shyly. Well in here singing and stuff is a great way to cheer up those who are afraid and... meet, people. I said wondering about the kids I used to play for down at the daycare. If you wish maybe some other time i could teach you how to play in this game. I said while gesturing to the virtual world around us that we both currently reside in.

Eulalia's eyes sparkled jubilantly as they laid upon the small dog within the guitarist's lap.  It was so adorable, and Eula just wanted to pat it so badly!  But she politely refrained from doing so - it might have proven awkward for the boy. When he began mentioning the crucial use of music within the world they had been trapped in, Eulalia replied calmly. "Yeah, that's what I was hoping I might be able to do... I want to be able to sing to give strength to those who can't help themselves, and support those who are able but could use that extra push..." She mused, reflecting on the Eulalia quite some time ago; running around town and calming down panicking players after Kayaba's 'grand reveal'... If she could do that same thing using music, she would finally feel of use to the players...

And to her delight, that chance came packaged nicely with the guitarist's next sentence.  Her eyes widened in joy. "No way... You'd do that for me?!" She exclaimed, almost jittering from the ecstasy fuelling her.  This boy was going to be her strongest link to assisting the players within Aincrad.

I smiled as the player's true intentions were actually pure and in good faith. It actually does warm me up a bit to learn that there are good players in this game and everybody isn't just out to survive for themselves. Then to my surprise the player also didn't believe me when i said id help her learn to play music in this game. Sure, but i don't think you can accept the quest today it might be to late. I'l teach you some other time so don't worry. I explained to the girl then letting off a nice smile. It seems she is genuinely interested in singing and playing music. Now i couldn't hold maruchan back anymore and he went over to the girl and wagged his tail panting. Ha that means he likes you!

Eulalia's eyes glittered joyously. "Thank you sooooo much!" She exclaimed, resisting the urge to throw her arms around the musician.  Instead, she bit her lower lip and teased a lock of her hair lightly. "I-it's real kind of you to do that for a girl you literally only just met..." She muttered, blushing.  Without warning, she third presence sit itself next to her still figure, and her green eyes flicked to the dog that was originally on the musician's lap.  According to the boy, the dog liked her, and she smiled sweetly. "That's good to hear... I'm not a big fan of big dogs, but I just love little ones." She explained, reaching down to stroke the animal around the ears.

Eulalia's face flushed red as she realised something... "I-I'm sorry, I haven't introduced myself yet!" She apologized, looking to the guitarist guiltily. "M-my name's Eulalia, but please call me Eula or Lia if that's easier for you~" She told him, beaming.  How many times have I said that exact sentence now?  Oh, who cares, it's better than nothin', I guess... She pondered, drifting off into her own world until the boy introduced himself.

Hmmm Lia? I like it, sounds pretty. I said as i let go of a smile only slightly teasing the girl for blushing as she began to pet maruchan. She said something about not liking big dogs but loving little ones, luckily for maruchan i don't think he ages I've literally never seen him get bigger in all the time we've been together. Either way now this girl will eventually become a sort of apprentice of mine which is pretty trill i guess mostly because she's cute but also because she seem's really fun to be around in a "once you get to known her way". My name's X by the way pretty simple considering its only one letter. So what's your story on why your level one? whatever it is it can't be worse than the reason why I started a year late... *mumbles* and then fell into a two month coma... But! that's whatever i want to hear about you. I asked keeping my playful attitude with this new friend of mine.

Eulalia blushed and hid her face when the musician complimented her name.  She would have just straight up adored it if the musician could just pamper her all day... But sadly that was something she hadn't the guts to say.  Eula's head perked up, face still flushed crimson, when the guitarist introduced himself as 'X' - the most simple name the ex-coach had heard yet.  She listened intently to what X had to ask, and she cleared her throat softly. "It's a pleasure to meet you, X." She greeted him rather formally. "I-is it really that easy to tell I'm level one?  Heh, figures..." She gave a self-berating giggle. "I-I really haven't done much out in the field, at least not yet... I'm not exactly confident alone..." She admitted, biting her bottom lip.  She then remembered another comment X snuck into his dialogue. "Oh... And also, what do you mean by a two month coma?"

The player's face was fully red and was a little embarrassing to see happen to a girl right in front of you. A rather formal greeting for someone im sitting on the ground with but i decided to go with it and tried my hand and being formal. gracias, Igualmente. I sai- wait was that in spanish? almost a year and a half away from my mother and this randomly comes out? Oh i mean uhhh yeah same. I said correcting myself but putting down my idea of returning the formal greeting. Yeah i used to be in a guild that helped lower level players. I can tell your level one pretty easily, no offense. I told the player trying to make them feel better about there image. Not confident alone? well that's a good thing really if you ask me. While I'm neither a front line line tank or extremely accurate damage dealer. I actually just realized how much of a suicidal idiot I am haha! I joked while holding up my hand wraps, however my smile quickly disappeared as i stared at my hand wraps realizing the gravity of the words i just said. 

Eulalia flushed crimson when X suddenly spoke in another language.  Sure, she didn't understand it, but it sounded so... hot!  X was quick to fix up his random switch of dialect, and Lia listened intently to his explanation of his guild. "None taken!  I completely understand!" She reassured the musician, waving her hands in denial.  Lia's eyes went wide as X raised his fists... Yeah, she wasn't surprised by the fact he had said 'suicidal', but more so the fact he fought with his fists.  Blushing, she turned her head sideways, throwing X a sidelong glance and smiling cutely. "A strong man, huh?  N-not meaning to sound like a lady-perv here, but I'd love to see you in action~" She chastised the pugilist, before a spark shocked her mind. Oh, crap, that sounded way too naughty...

I felt so bad that I just joked about suicide when I'm wearing these wraps and just sang that song that i know briefly thought about suicide. A strong man huh? My eyes then widened as I instantly forgot everything i just thought about. Lia then spoke suggestively about me seeing me in action which made me blush a little as I let out the single word Yes. I then looked around the town originally looking for an inn but then deciding she didn't mean it that way. You wanna see me fight right? I asked her as I got up off the ground and offered my hand to help her up. We can go out into the field if you want. Don't worry I'l protect you. I promised the green eyed girl as I let go of a genuine smile.

Eulalia blushed heavily and his her face once more; it only took X's own blush to notify the the viridian girl that he'd taken it the wrong way.  She was about to apologize for her insensitivity, when X suddenly asked if she meant the way she had originally intended it to sound. "Y-yeah, seeing you fight would be a pretty awesome experience..." She covered up, twirling a lock of verdant hair around her index finger, before subconsciously muttering. "But another way would be perfectly fine..." She had intended that to stay in her head, but now she was in for some possible humiliation.  Lia glanced up at the hand being extended down and she gratefully took it, allowing X to pull her to her feet. "Y-yes, please protect me." Lia almost begged. "O-oh, and don't be alarmed if I start getting clingy, okay?" She forewarned the guitarist, winking at him playfully.

"But another way would be perfectly fine..." She did not just say that. I thought as i squeezed her hand slightly tighter to lead her out of the town and into the field so we can find something to fight. As we walked through the city my thoughts kept racing and my body felt a little off thinking about it. H-hey cling all you want i could probably fight while carrying you hahaha I managed to joke while not facing her. Dam it how did i become the nervous one now? I then took a few breaths to calm down as Maruchan barked and began to walk in front of us. We were crossing over a short bridge when i noticed i was still holding her hand. Oh my bad. I forgot i was holding it. I said as i let go of it quickly and picked up maruchan. Lets hurry its gonna get late while were out there.

X continued to hold Eulalia's hand as they made their way out... But she didn't care... It was so warm, and it just made her feel safe in that position.  To be honest, she hoped X didn't notice he was still holding the viridian girl's hand.  When X permitted Lia to cling to him, she laughed and clutched onto his arm tightly in jest. "Alright then!  This arm's where I'mma be staying!" She claimed the musician's limb as her own, giggling away.  To Lia's dismay, X released her hand, apologizing as he did so. "N-no, it's okay... I was kinda hoping you wouldn't notice..." She openly admitted, amazingly showing little shyness. "I guess that could wait until the stroll home, hey?" She suggested, smiling sweetly.  However, persisting, she clutched back onto X's arm playfully. "But I'm still using this!" She exclaimed before resting her head of verdant hair against it.

I will admit I got a little nervous when the girl clung to my arm and then even confessed that she would like to keep holding my hand. I should probably also admit to myself at least that i wouldn't mind it either. Alright then I guess il go back to using this then! hahaha I joked as i grabbed the girls hand again sorta turning her own joke back on her. By now we were already reaching one of the main exits of the town. I looked over at the girl since she told me she doesn't have a lot of experience out in the field. Hey, we don't have to do this if you don't want to.  There's plenty of other ways you can... see me in action. I tried to joke about what i heard her say earlier but accidentally got a little quiet at the end which made me feel a bit embarrassed.

Eulalia let X grasp her hand once more, and she giggled into the musician's arm.  She was definitely enjoying the attention X was paying to her, but she knew it was all in jest.  Playfully, she squeezed X's hand and glanced up at him. "No, I'm fine, I'm just gonna sit back and watch." She replied when X suggested they didn't have to do it, and she burst into laughter when he mentioned there were plenty of other ways.  She gave him a quick pinch on the hip and turned her face up to him. "D-don't get too naughty now~" She teased, clutching the arm tighter. "I'm sure this would be fine for now... At least until we're more 'acquainted' with each other." She flirted, biting her bottom lip once more.  She lightly scratched a nail on the back of X's hand idly, unawares that she was doing so.