[PP-F1] <<Earning a Living>> (repeat! Kalesh)

Shirosu was feeling really, really broke on mats, so far she had taken on a couple of difficult to complete requests and was feeling a little rushed to finish them, she sat in her shop looking at all the half completed projects and with a sigh stood up and stretched, she needed mats desperately, guess she was going to do that quest she did to get her profession. Again. she wandered around the shop getting things ready for a day out when she paused mid step, maybe she could invite the red hair dude who had ordered one of the sets of armor, she needed the help, and she figured that he would love to have it done sooner then later. going into her contacts she found him name, which was Kalesh, and typing quickly sent him,

Hey there, Kalesh right? 

this is Shirosu, the person you ordered you armor from, at the moment ive hit a stand still, i've run out of mats, and i thought i would message you to see if your willing to help me out? I'm in need of someone to help me hunt down some creatures as well as just basic mat hunting and if you do so, theres the possibility your armor will be done much faster. If your intrested meet me at the front gates of the town of begginings

From Shirosu :3

If he wasn't interested then oh well, guess she would just have to spend some quality alone time beating up boars.  Finally getting her crap together she called her little three tailed companion, who ran over and crawled up her clothing to settle on her shoulder before she closed up her shop and walked to the gates at the town. 

Edited by Shirosu

Kalesh blinked in surprised when he heard a chime indicating someone had sent him a message. His social links were fairly weak so he quickly opened up the message and scanned through it. "Hm." He said to himself while turning on his heels and heading straight for the nearest teleport plaza. On the way he got to work typing up his reply rather than leaving it a mystery if he was coming or not.

Yup, that's me, Shirosu!

Sure, that sounds like a good plan to me, I'd be happy to help out. On the way as I type! See you in a little bite!

There was certainly no harm in helping her out, in fact he had much to gain in doing so! He happily made sure that his scimitar as well as both of his accessories were equipped as he arrived at the front gates just as it had been arranged! He glanced around a moment before noticing a familiar lady who he happily approached. "Hello! How're you, Shirosu?" He grinned smiled while keeping his scimitar nice and ready for when they stepped out into the field. "You're the professional, tell me what to kill or find and I'll get to work on it!" He nodded, appointing her party leader unofficially!

She watched as the red hair weaved through the crowd and ended up at her side, a cheerful grin attached to the face it belonged too ,"Hello Kalesh, nice to see you again too, thanks for coming to help out" she led him out into the crossing fields and with a grin said, "Were goanna play a mat hunting game, I caught wind of it some time ago and it sounds kind of fun, what we do, is we find a group of weak boars like the ones over there" she said gesturing to a small group," You set a goal,, to see who can kill the most, and who can gain the most mats, you use rocks and activate a basic sword art before throwing them, makes sense? so it would go something like this" Bending to the ground, she scooped up a round pebble and aimed at one of the small boars, when the sword art was ready she released the rock and it smacked into the pigs backside, she did enough damage now that it exploded on the spot, leaving a mat behind. With a grin she turned todays companion and said,"Your turn"

• ID:32123
  • BD: 8 (hit)
  • LD: 17 (+1 Mat)
  • Shirosu [1 kills/ 1 mats]
  • Kalesh [0 kills/0 mats]

Kalesh happily smiled to the lady with paler hair, happily saying to her "It's no trouble, I actually like helping out people." He shrugged his shoulder and listened attentively as Shirosu explained the game, nodding softly when her explanation ended. When she picked up her rock and readied it though, he paid very close attention. He always had been a bit more of a visual learner than anything. With her example ended he clapped his hands when she got an item from her hit! "Ooh, very interesting. Though I think I might be cheating." He grinned and reached into his shirt to take out the eyepiece he had as well as the heartshaped iron necklace. "Oh well, just means more materials." He winked and reached down to grab a rock like she had before taking aim. Unfortunately though the rock missed it's mark, sailing past the poor and instead impaling itself into a nearby tree! Kalesh sighed and said a little embarrassed "... I guess cheating doesn't help if you can't aim." He chuckled nervously.

[ID# 32155][BD: 1][LD: 14+1=15]

Edited by Kalesh
  • ID: 32217
  • BD: 2 (miss)
  • LD: 17 (Mat!)
  • Shirosu: [1 kill/2 mats]
  • Kalesh: [0 kills/ 1 Mat]

Shirosu grinned as she watched Kalesh hit the tree and said,"Good try, but hey, you atleast got a mat out of it" spotting her next target she leaned down to scoop up another round pebble and got ready to hit her target. When she released it though a wind caught it blowing the rock slightly off course and into a poor bed of flowers, she obtained a mat from that but awwed,"Shoot, stupid wind, oh well better luck next throw" she said wait for Kalesh to make his next throw.

• ID: 32286
  • BD: 9 (Crit!)
  • LD: 16+1=17 (Mat!)
  • Shirosu: [1 kill/2 mats]
  • Kalesh: [1 kills/ 2 Mat]

Kalesh grinned and said "Heheh. Fair enough!" He smiled and grabbed up the next pebble, giving it a toss or two before catching it again and taking aim, taking a breath as he trained his eye one the boar of his choosing "Let's see if I have better luck this time~" He grinned as the rock started to glow and then he threw it hard, gasping as it took off like he just threw with the force of a railgun! The stone pierced straight through the boar that shattered apart not long after and harmlessly into the dirt as he stared with wide eyes, throwing his arms up in the air "Whoo~"

Edited by Kalesh
  • ID: 32287
  • BD: 8 (hit)
  • LD: 12 nope
  • Shirosu: [2 kill/2 mats]
  • Kalesh: [1 kills/ 2 Mat]

She held up her hand for a hand five when Kalesh hit the mob hard with his stone. "Great throw!" she said with a grin,"My turn" She found a rock with a flat edge and snatched it off the ground. she picked her target, another small, unsuspecting boar on the edge of the herd. Twisting her legs she used the momentum of her spin to get better trajectory on this stone, and at the last second she flicked her wrist making the stone act like a mini flying saw. she watched it anxiously and when it hit hit her mark she grinned ear from ear and exclaimed"Hit!" she was sad that there was no mat gained, but oh well, not the biggest dilemma. 

• ID: 32288
  • BD: 9 (Crit again!)
  • LD: 5+1=6 (Also Nope)
  • Shirosu: [2 kill/2 mats]
  • Kalesh: [3 kills/2 Mat]

Kalesh grinned as he got a high five from his 'hunting' partner, happily saying "Bah, plenty more chances to get more mats!" He grabbed up another rock and stared down what would be his third boar, taking a breath and throwing the rock like it was a baseball, laughing in delight as it sped forward and into another boar, chuckling at the sight of the boar shattering with a hole in it "Well, we have the same luck in loot it seems!" He winks happily, getting no materials but instead a badge of honor in his heart for getting such nice tosses.

Edited by Kalesh
  • ID: 32807
  • BD: 5 (2+3 miss)
  • LD: 15 (yup!)
  • Shirosu: [2 kill/3 mats]

As it turned out Shirosu was in a murdering trees mood, because as she scooped up her second rock and flung it with all her might, it flew over the head of her next target and into a tree with a smack, sending a chunk of wood flyinf in her direction,"Whoops!" she said cating it, it was larger enough to make something out of it at least, so she added it to her inventory,"Your turn, seems you have better aim then me today" she laughed see as his kill count was above hers

• ID: 32844
  • BD: 4 (2+2 miss)
  • LD: 9 (8+1 nup!)
  • Shirosu: [2 kill/3 mats]

Kalesh was feeling a bit proud, so of course the system had to cut him back down to size. He readied his next rock and focused as he got ready to throw it. When he took aim and tossed the rock though, a sudden gust of wind went through the area, sending  the rock wildly off course and into the grass rather than into anything that would have proven useful for him. "Tsk. No luck there..." He thought to himself before grabbing up his next rock, looking to Shirosu curiously to take her turn.

Edited by Kalesh
  • ID: 33205
  • BD: 6(3+3)
  • LD: 20 (yup!)
  • Shirosu: [3 kill/4mats]

"Awww good try!" she said knowing how frustrating the system could be sometimes,"Guess its my turn" with her next rock she forced herself to make it count. Aiming very carefully she drew back her arm and double checked her aim before releasing her rock towards the angry bacon, and with a wopp Shirosu hit the bugger right in the flank shattering the thing into hundreds of pixels and in the process getting a MAT,"Whoo! im in the lead for mats now and tied for kills, this is close" 

• ID: 33207
  • BD: 7(5+2 Hit!)
  • LD: 21 (19+2 Indeedly Doo)
  • Shirosu: [3 kill/4 mats]
  • Kalesh: [4 kills/3 mats]

Kalesh smirked as she tried to be supportive when he failed, happily giving her a clap when she managed to tag another boar and get a material to boot! He reached down and grabbed up another stone while making a little conversation. "You're in the Crimson Blades, yeah? I've heard your name here and there." He chuckled softly as he tossed the rock into the air to catch it, getting a feel for its weight. "How is it, having a guild, I mean?" He shrugged, only knowing what it's like in your standard MMO rather than in a VR one like this where everyone had to show their true faces. He takes a breath and throws his rock with half-decent accuracy, laughing as a boar had its tusk blown off before the creature died, the very tusk appearing in his inventory a moment later. "It's never too late for a comeback~" He teased playfully as checked the score. "Hmm... Seems we have the opposite luck at the moment." The number of kills he had in materials and vice versa.

Edited by Kalesh
  • ID: 33211
  • BD: 10
  • LD: 12 (nah)
  • Shirosu: [4 kill/4mats]
  • Kalesh: [4 kills/3 Mat]

She smiled,"Weird to know people other then people i have met know of me, its a weird feeling, but yes i am part of the crimson blades" she said picking her next target and getting ready to throw all the while talking," I enjoy being part of a guild, there are some experiences being in one you wouldn't get otherwise, not to mention the equipment bonuses and safety in numbers bonuses, a quest you would normal be killed in by yourself can easily be aided by another player in the guild who is of higher level then you, and most of my mates are willing to do most anything." She threw her rock and it landed dead center in the middle of a pigs forehead," Tied again" she said turning to Kalesh with a cheeky grin. 

• ID: 33213
  • BD: 10(8+2 Hit!)
  • LD: 12 (10+2 Also nah)
  • Shirosu: [4 kill/4mats]
  • Kalesh: [5 kills/3 Mat]

He grinned and shrugged his shoulders "Yeah. Comes with being a public figure." He shrugged his shoulders "I get to live in obscurity, which is kinda nice. Well, most of the time. But I see, I guess those are all wonderful perks." He smiled as he imagined all the free gear and easy quests, chuckling happily as he readied the next stone he'd be throwing. "I dunno, having a symbol tied to me, along with the expectations behind them... it's a bit heavy." He shrugged and got ready to throw. "I'd rather not have my reputation be based around the actions of others or vice versa. Maybe I am just odd." He chuckled and threw his stone, nailing a boar in the ribs with the rock. He didn't get any items but he did get another kill. "Bah, we'll see how long that lasts~"

Edited by Kalesh
  • 2 weeks later...
  •  ID: 34068
  • BD: 7
  • LD: 13
  • Shirosu: [5 kill/4mats]
  • Kalesh: [5 kills/3 Mat]

She listened as Kalesh explained how he felt about guilds and the sort and with a thoughtful nod she said "And that's your own opinion, its not odd, i would never force my views upon someone else, believe in what you want, don't force others, that's my philosophy" bending down she scooped up two rocks deciding to take a little risk and get fancy.  throwing her first rock high into the air Shirosu took a deep breath aimed, and just as it fell back down hit it hard with the second pebble and sending it rocketing into the side of a pig that exploded upon impact,"Yes! I cant believe that worked!" she exclaimed

• ID: 34081
  • BD: 8(6+2)
  • LD: 13(11+2)
  • Shirosu: [5 kills/4mats]
  • Kalesh: [6 kills/3mats]

He nodded in understanding, smiling happily to the silver haired lady before saying "Thank you for not judging me, then." He chuckled softly before being dumbfounded by Shirosu's rock trick! He looked to her with wide eyes before saying "Remind me never to get into a throwing weapon duel with you!" He grinned as he looked his next pebble over, humming before be clenched his fist around the rock and threw it HIGH into the air! He waited and watched and about ten seconds later there was a miniature meteor slamming straight into the back of one of the boars, killing it! "Ha! Well, momentum works still!" He smiled happily at this little fact. "I have offered to Mack that I can be an ally of your guild, if not an actual member. I dunno if he is going to accept or not, but it is an option." He chuckled softly, he was just a random guy with a sword, he would understand if a guild had better people or other guilds to rely on.

Edited by Kalesh