[SP-F7] Arc 1: Of Body, Of Mind [Completed]

Master Myoga and Opal both said their dinner prayer and began to eat, they both had worked up an appetite with all that training. They were silent as they ate, only the sound of slurping, food chewing and the sound of chopsticks were heard in the room as they sated their hunger with another delicious meal. Opal sighed lightly as he leaned back, “Will you also be teaching me Martial Arts, Sensei?”

The old man wrinkled his nose and smiled with a nod, “If we have time afterwards. Right now the important skills are becoming one with the shadows, knowing its advantages and disadvantages. You have much to learn in the arts of the shinobi, but you are progressing well. I am quite proud of you.”

The woman smiled as her ego was stroked but she didn’t let it get to her head, “Thank you, Master Myoga. How was my performance tonight?”

“Sloppy, but you will get better with time. Your movements were not quick enough, you hesitated many times. You took too long responding to the situation. Of course, I do not expect you to be perfect on your first try. I shall walk you through the training another time when the next stealth test begins. Until then, learn the house and its noises and use those to your advantage.”

“Hai!” during her training sessions, the old shinobi warrior was also teaching her phrases in Japanese. She was a quick learner, picking up things one after another, but she sometimes stumbled on her words. The old man got up from his seat, “I shall see you outside in a little while,” he said holding up his pipe.

The woman smiled and nodded her head.

After a short break and getting into her PJs, Opal picked up her smokes and headed outside from her room and sat down on the steps leaning back against one of the pillars. She took a long drag and expelled the plume of smoke from her nose and mouth as Master Myoga took a seat next to her. He smiled casually at her, blowing out a thicker cloud of dark grey mixing with the lilac one in the air.

“You have been a good pupil, Opal-San. You are maturing as a woman, less complaining and harder at working. Next we will begin your lessons in kendo. However tomorrow, we will be resting our minds and our bodies. We shall explore something else for a change; I will show you my zen garden and talk a bit about Japanese culture. I expect you to wear that kimono from dinner as well. You won’t need your combat gear for the zen garden.”

Opal nodded her head expelling a plume of the lilac lavender smoke from her mouth. The old man lifted himself up and said his goodnight to her. His walk was slower than usual as he was going back to his room. She had forgotten he was an older man, much like Lindow…but Lindow was relatively younger than Master Myoga and it was not her place to question his age. She inhaled once more taking a long drag from her cig before blowing out with pursed lips. She blinked a few times and left the darkness and the moon and found comfort on her mattress where she found sleep and rested. 

-

Thread Summary: +1 SP, +400 Col