[SP-F1] Time to Restock <<Earning a Living>> Complete!

Lifting his right arm to the sky, Lawfer examined his hand. Before, he had always used his hands to either turn the pages of his countless books, or to caress a woman. But in this world, his hands were devoted to wielding his massive halberd, slaying enemies, playing his guitar and in some cases rifling through the earth to get the materials he need. “That’s right…. Im low on materials aren’t I.” He said to himself as he lowered his hand. Taking a deep breath he stood from his chair. The last few days he had been using his time to perfect his craft. Making it so that he would be able to play any song he wanted to. His voice was becoming hoarse from singing at the top of his lungs for countless day on end.

Raising his right hand once more, he opened his interface. Scrolling through his inventory, a distraught look riddled his face. “I only have 4 material crystals….. Well that just wont due.” Shifting over to his completed quests page he noticed that the Earning a living quest had an R next to it. Indicating that it was possible to repeat for the rewards. “Well why didn’t I think of that before?” He asked himself. “Might as well get a move on then.” He said as he began making his way to the door, closing his interface in the process. This time he would be able to collect materials at a much faster rate. Opening his studio’s door, the spear bearer could feel the col air rush in. It was a cold day in Snowfrost, “I think I want to go to a place that’s a little warmer.” He said as he initiated running towards the center of town.

As he reached the teleport gate, he said, “Floor 1, Starter City.” As he was engulfed in light, his feet lifted off the ground. Instantaneously, he felt his feet lower to the ground. The bustling streets of the inner city were a complete contrast to the frozen Snowfrost. Taking a moment to gain his bearing, Lawfer began to run to the outskirts of town. As he passed the safe zone, the cool breeze yielded in comparison to the tundra of floor 4. Stopping abruptly, Lawfer noticed a glowing stone on the ground. Kneeling down to pick it up, he reached out with his right hand. The glowing stone, shattered at first touch. "Well... I guess I should have expected that.."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32104 LD: 5 

Edited by Lawfer

Having failed at his first attempt to gather materials, left its resounding tone on Lawfer’s face. The golden haired warrior was not the luckiest when it came to collecting the proper recording crystals, but that never stopped him from trying. Immediately, he stood. “Well we still have quiet a bit to go before I give up.” He stated as a smile crept across his face. He wouldn’t be dissuaded by one failure. He could fail thousands of time and yet his confidence would never be shaken. It was a game after all, just a simple game of chance. Well, that’s what he was beginning to believe from all of his previous encounters. The game was fair in that regard, he may not of like it but he respected it. Pushing forward, the Warrior bypassed all of the weak mobs that had been grazing in the area. They would leave him alone due to his level.

Keeping a keen look out, he surveyed the land. He was adamant in his belief that he would get another chance. Running back and forth, he had felt his foot dislodge a stone on the ground. The side that was hidden in the earth glowed. “I may just have a fools luck.” He stated as he bent over and reached for the rock. The crystal was flawless, perfect for recording. Its hew illuminated the spear bearers face. "Count it!" he said to himself as he placed the crystal in his inventory.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32105 LD: 17 +1 Material

Edited by Lawfer

The man’s luck seemed to be changing. With this one Material, his whole outlook on repeating the same quest began to change. The already confident man was becoming optimistic with his chances. “Ok time to find another.” He said as he dusted his hands off. The minor bits of earth falling then disappearing into blue pixels. Looking towards the sky, he decided to change his direction. Rather than heading west, he was going to start going south. Following the southern trail, he left the beaten path knowing that any materials that had been on the road would have already been taken. Wading through the deep grass he noticed another glowing patch of earth. “Lets just see if this works out.” He commented as he squatted down and shoveled the loose dirt with his hands. 

As he exposed the glowing stone, it was wrought with cracks and schisms. "Well that's unfortunate."He stated as he watched the crystal shatter into pixels. "Ok onto the next one."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32106 LD: 10

Edited by Lawfer

The wind howled as he golden-haired performer rose, whipping the long grass back and forth. Its was like the scene out of a movie, perfectly timed. Pulling pack the weeds he marched on, completely focused on the mission. The man was never really one to take to missions with complete focus but he had wanted to compose more music, and to do that he needed more crystals. That and he had some orders with other vendors that required more than just col. This was the way of this world. Materials were more precious than even money. This amused Lawfer, his father was always intent on making money in the real world and that drove Lawfer to turn his affections past currency. But in this world, the need for materials outweighed that of cash, all he could think is that his father would have hated Aincrad.

Tripping once more, Lawfer looked down. The greenish blue crystals that he needed were abundant on this floor, so much so that they were just lying around in the open field begging for someone to trip on them. Squatting down, Lawfer reached for the stone.

As he grasped it in his large hand, he began to appraise it. "This crystal is absolutely perfect." He stated. It was free from any blemishes or minor cracks, truly remarkable. Opening his interface, he placed it in his inventory. "I'll probably save that one for myself." He said as he stood once more. His head barely clearing the rigid, tall grass.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32107 LD: 20 +1 Material

Edited by Lawfer

The tall field of grass, limited his movements as it grew deeper and thicker. “Well, I didn’t expect this.” Lawfer stated as sunk into the grass, no longer able to see where he was going. Reaching over his shoulder he unharnessed his Lawbreaker. Gripping it in both hands, he swung with all his might, cutting the grass at knee level. As the tops were separated they shattered into data pixels. “If I make it to the real world I can always become a farmer.” He stated with a laugh. As he pushed forward, he continued to swing his oversized halberd. The sky danced with the floating blue pixels that would eventually evaporate. Taking a momentary breather, Lawfer sat down to compose himself. He wasn’t tired, however, he still wanted a break. Looking back, he would see the trail of destruction he left behind. “Never saw anything like that before.” He stated with a large smile. Placing his left hand on the ground, he felt something hard under the grass. “No way…”

As he moved the grass aside, he reached for the crystal. It was another perfect crystal, or so he thought until he moved his hand and there was a massive chunk taken out of it. The size of the chunk matched the relative size of the Lawbreakers blade. "Well that sucks." He stated as he threw the crystal off into the distance, only to hear it shatter. "Time to get moving."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32108 LD: 14

Edited by Lawfer

The slight disappointment that he cracked a perfectly good crystal, resonated for a moment in the spear bearer. ‘It’s all good…. Ill get more than that with the completion results.’ He stated to himself as he pushed onward. Gripping the Lawbreaker once more he continued to fell the overgrown grass that was in front of him. Swinging wider each time to clear the optimal amount of foliage. After a few more swings, he could see the light of day. The grass field had ended and now he found himself at the banks of a small stream. “So that’s why there was so much grass.” He commented and he made a mental note of his location. “I should probably stick to the stream bank. There are probably plenty of crystals ripe for the taking.” He said as he jumped into the shallow water. Normally he wouldn’t walk through water in his boots, but considering he didn’t have to worry about the wear and tear of his equipment he walked along the stream.

It was refreshing to say the least, but the best feature was that he could see everything in the clear water. All the stones, and crystals that lined the banks. There were about 10 crystals in plain view, walking over to brightest lit one, he reached into the water. As he pulled the first crystal out, he could see the countless impurities that the flowing stream hid. "I guess its not going to be as easy as I thought it would be." he said throwing the crystal away into the field on the opposite bank. He didn't want it to be around the others knowing that he would confuse himself while picking through the rest.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32109 LD: 13

Edited by Lawfer

Lawfer had surmised that just because the stream made all of the crystals visible, didn’t mean that they would be of the quality that he needed. He figured that the water probably would deplete the durability of the crystals causing them to be useless. Regardless of that, he had to push forward and grab them all. He wouldn’t know until he picked the stream dry. Walking over to the next crystal, he slipped on moss covered rock. “I’m a klutz today!” He said with a laugh. The man hardly ever slipped, but today was an off day. The rushing water and the moss didn’t help but still, it was comical to say the least. Reestablishing his footing he stood, carefully he walked on the rocks that had the least algae. Bending over he reached for the second crystal.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32110 LD: 5

As his fingers made contact, it shattered immediately into blue pixels that were carried away in the current. "Well looks like im going to have to try harder." he said with a disappointed look on his face.

Edited by Lawfer

Pulling his hand from the water, he placed it on his hip. The water soaking into the mans pants. “Well… That’s one less crystal to check out.” The golden haired warrior said to himself as he forded through the stream. A resounding squeal echoed across the water. It looked as if a monster had found the spear bearer in his current situation. Reaching back to grasp his Lawbreaker. The man laughed, he had just upgraded his skills and hadn’t had an opportunity to try them out just yet. From the tall grass on the northern bank of the stream a giant boar leapt out. It was larger than the normal mobs that inhabited on this floor. The hulking pig squealed even louder. It wanted a fight, and the halberd touting man was going to give it to him. "Come come pork chop, lets do this!"

As the tall grass boar charged forward, each of its steps displaced large amounts of water. 'All the boars have the same attack pattern.' Lawfer thought to himself as he waited for the boar to break range. Side stepping to the right, he had meant to let the boar pass and strike at its side. However, when he did step, he slipped on the same algae covered stone he did before, causing his thrust to miss. "You got lucky, pork chop..."

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 45/45
Lawfer EP- 8/10

Tall Grass Boar- 23/23 [3DMG]

ID: 32111
BD: 1 [+2HMDMG & +1BD LM next roll.]
MD: 3

Edited by Lawfer

The water at his feet had made combat a little more difficult for the spear wielder who was brandishing his massive Lawbreaker. Judging by the way the boar was moving, the same had applied to it as well. It was much slower in the water than in the field. Gripping his halberd tightly, Lawfer had made the dissision to take the brunt of the attack in order for him to open up an avenue to counter. The massive boar charged, bracing himself, Lawfer sunk his feet topsoil of the streak. When the boar made contact it bounced off, causing minimal damage. “Oh yeah… This is a level 1 beast…”He said with a laugh as he stepped in. “Hellish Twice!” He yelled as his Lawbreaker glowed crimson. With two alternating horizontal slashes the beast fell and shattered into pixels.

“I really like that new skill.” He said to himself as he reached down and collect the material remains of the monster. “that was easy.”

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 44/45 
Lawfer EP- 5/10
SA Used: Hellish Twice -4EP

Tall Grass Boar- 0/23 [3DMG]

ID: 32112
BD: 8 + 1 LM  
[+2HMDMG & +1BD LM this roll.]
MD: 6

+1 Material 

Edited by Lawfer

Having just toppled the monster, Lawfer harnessed his overbearing halberd. The sheer weight of the Lawbreaker caused his posture to correct as he stood tall. From what he could ascertain, most of the crystals were destroyed in the last battle. The stampeding boar took well enough care to trounce the possible material crystals. “I guess it’s always like that, one minute they are here, the next they are gone.” He stated to himself as he began to search for a possible crystal in the now murky water. He took extra care not to step into places he couldn’t see for fear of destroying any small ones that remained. As the water began to clear, he saw a bright green light. “There it is.” He stated as he made his way over to it.

As he reached down and pulled it out of the water, half of it remained there. The crystal was broken in half. Dissipating into data pixels he smacked the water. "Stupid Boar!!!"

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32118 LD: 13

Edited by Lawfer

Lawfer was beginning to become impatient, he had found a plethora of stones, however, most of them been destroyed. “Well….. I guess I should change my position now.” Lawfer stated in disappointment. He had liked being so close to all the possible materials but at this point, they were all but destroyed from the battle. Leaping out of the stream to the far bank across from the tall grass he landed with a loud resounding thud. “Well, looks….. Like im luckier than I thought.” He stated as he looked down and bent over, another crystal had been laying on the ground. The crystal was of low quality, not worth the inventory slot. "To the next one!" Lawfer stated.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32209 LD: 4

Edited by Lawfer

Throwing the bad crystal to the side, the sound of it shattering caused Lawfer to laugh. He was getting used to the sound of shattering crystals. Dusting his hand off his corrected his posture. Surveying the land, he noticed a glowing plain off in the distance, as he began to run forward, the force of the wind shifted his hair back. “That feels good.” Lawfer stated as he closed his eyes, enjoying the wind push against his face. It took a few minutes to get to the not so distant plain. It was another field full of materials, all glowing in their own right. "That's right i haven't used my new pants yet," Lawfer stated as he reached up, and selected his inventory. Removing his boar hide gloves, he equipped his Lucky jeans. "Lets try this." Kneeling down at the first crystal, he reached out with his left hand. The crystal was remarkable, placing it in his inventory he smiled. "This should make things easier."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32211 LD: 13+2 +1 Material

Edited by Lawfer

A smile erupted onto Lawfer's face, he was getting that much closer to building his mass amount of materials. The only thing that would stop him is if he would quit, which wasn’t and option at this point. He was two invested. A cool breeze shot across the plain, it was refreshing, his body felt lighter. The combination of good weather and a recent success pushed his mental psyche to new heights. Walking towards the next crystal, he squatted down. “Let see if you are going to make it to my inventory.” He sarcastically said to the material as he picked it up to examine it. 

The crystal was riddled with cracks, wasn't even worth salvaging. Closing his hand tightly he shattered the poor quality stone. "There was no saving that one." he said with a laugh as he dusted his blue pixel-led hand off.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32214 LD: 3+2

Edited by Lawfer

Turning his head, the blonde spear bearer had seen another large boar that was getting close to his material field. “Well I don’t want another incident to happen like the last time.” He stated calmly as he began to make his way towards the boar to cut it off at the pass. The chance of him losing out on another rich deposit of crystals was just too much for him to ignore. Reaching back, he grasped his Lawbreaker in his right hand and removed it from its harness. “Hey Porky!” he yelled, to grab the boars attention. “Looks like we have a problem… You are just a little too close for comfort!” He continued as he sprinted towards the monster. The large boars head perked up as it began to charge the halberd wielding man. 

As the boar charged, Lawfer smirked. He knew that on level 1 he was not in any danger, there was nothing that a common mob could do that would put him in any critical condition. Raising his left hand, he braced himself. The boar's snot, met with his hand and it was stopped cold in its tracks. Lawfer received minimal damage from the impact and it placed the boar in perfect striking range. Releasing the boar, he gripped the Lawbreaker with both hands. "Hellish Twice.." He stated as his Lawbreaker glowed red, then an added hint of silver raced up and down the over-sized Halberd. Unleashing the two horizontal slashes, the beast fell and evaporated. Leaving behind goodies. "Well that was simple enough." He stated as he picked up the loot, materials and col.... Just what he needed.

<<Battle Engaged>>

Lawfer HP- 44/45 
Lawfer EP- 6/10
SA Used: Hellish Twice- 4 ep

Large Boar- 0/23 [3DMG]

ID: 32215
BD: 9- [6+DMG +1Crit]*4= 28DMG

MD: 8- [3DMG-8mit]= 1DMG

LD: 13+2- 15 -115 col, +1 Material

Edited by Lawfer

Turning back to the material rich plain he walked over. It was still rich with material, unscathed by the battle that had just commenced. “Now back you, my precious material field.”  He stated as he leaped back into the fray of vast stones. Each had their own glow, but they all illuminated the ground. The nearest material stone was large one that would require both hands. Squatting down, he reached out and picked up the heavy crystal. "Let's see what we have here." He stated as he began to appraise the material. It was crude at best, despite the size nothing remarkable. Slamming the large stone to the ground, Lawfer watched it shatter. Due to the size the sound echoed much deeper than the rest. "Well that's OK, I still have plenty more." He commented as he stood up, then stretched his legs. He had been bending his knees quite a bit and each time it was building more fatigue.

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32218 LD:5+2

Edited by Lawfer

Running over the next batch of stones, there were three right next to each other, each of them were bright in their own right, but he had become to realize that his assumption of chance was the overriding characteristic. It didn’t matter what he believed they may look like, the materials would only show their flaws and defects when they were touched. “I know I cant pick two up at the same time otherwise, they both may shatter…..” he said to himself. Time was of the essence it seemed when collecting the materials. If he took too long the durability would decrease and shatter the crystals in his hand. Picking the blue stone on the far right, the other two shattered immediately from being shifted around. Quickly, he began to appraise the blue stone he chose. "Lets see what we have here." As he looked deeper at the crystal he realized it was cloudy and of poor quality. "Darn... Should have chosen the red wire.... i mean stone." He commented followed by a laugh. 

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32219 LD: 9+2

Edited by Lawfer

Standing up once more, he surveyed the area. After trying to find all as many crystals as he could, he was running out of viable options. The once rich plain was beginning to lose its luster. He nearly plundered it bare. There were still some left untouched that he wasn’t, able to get to just yet, but they too would fall victim to his greedy fingers. “Well let’s see about that one.” He stated as he ran his fingers through his hair. The tall, blonde began to walk to the remaining western rim of the plain. The only part left untouched so far. Kneeling down once more, his knee planted into the soft grass. Reaching out he grabbed the glowing green crystal. As he began to appraise the beautiful green crystal he smiled. It was nearly flawless. "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!" He stated remembering a time he gambled in Macau. They had said the same phrase countless times in their funny English. Looking up to the sky, he watched the suns position, it was nearly ready to set. "I should probably be heading back soon." He stated to himself as he stood. "Maybe ill get lucky on the way back."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32221 LD: 18+2 +1 Material

Edited by Lawfer

Opening his interface, the young warrior checked his position on the map. He had been closer to the starter city than he imagined. In his whole time of exploring he stopped checking his position and came to realize that he was only a short run away from getting back. “Well I guess I can stay out a little longer now and collect the rest of the materials.” He commented as he began to walk towards the next stone that was sitting there idly waiting for him to collect. “Your mine little guy.” He stated as he reached down to the glowing red stone. “I wish materials were like this everywhere.” He stated thinking back to his adventure on floor three that yielded almost 0 results. As he grasped the crimson crystal he smiled, only to be interrupted by the crystal shattering as his fingers touched it. "Well that sucked."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID:32224 LD: 1+2

Edited by Lawfer

With the last red stone being completely useless, Lawfer began to compose different theories in his head about the possibility of different colors representing different durability’s. He had found success with green and blue crystals but never red. But then again… he had also experienced failures with the blue and green crystals as well. “It has to be just random.” He stated, that’s the only thing that made the most sense. It wasn’t entirely illogical. It was a game after all. Smiling, he stood. There was at least one more shining stone that he may be able to collect from the field before he started his short trek home. As he walked to the stone, he had a good feeling. “This one is going to be a good one. It has to be.” He stated.

This stone was yellow, very unique or so he thought, He hadn't seen one like this, the only thing that was similar were the eyes of the woman Opal he met and grew close to. Bending over he reached down and collected the stone and appraised it. It was a fair stone, however it had a massive crack in it that would render it useless. "Too bad."

<<Material Gathering>>

ID: 32225  LD: 12+2

Edited by Lawfer

The Yellow stone was a complete disaster, reminding him of his farewell to the honey eyed woman. “Well I guess it all works out in the end.” He commented as he stood and positioned himself in a direct line toward the Starting City. The field was barren and he had used up enough time of his trying to complete his repeat quest. He had the required materials, but he still felt like he wanted more. “So this is greed.” He said following it up with a laugh. It was one of the first times that he experienced the sensation. “Well im better than that.” He commented reassuring himself as he began walking in the direction of the stream. He would need to cross it again if he wanted to make it back to town, and turn in the quest. “Better get a move on!” He said as he began sprinting in the direction of the town.