[SP-F3] <<Search for the Hoya>> COMPLETE!!!

Me and Maruchan were sneaking through the forest of the wavering mist searching for the entrance to some tomb that is said to have a pendant that is very precious. However it is also said to be guarded by two minotaurs on both sided of a big maze thing. As we moved through the trees rather than the pathways to avoid the mobs the mist got thicker and thicker. Eventually i could see the glow of a red mob marker which i assumed to be the minotaur. He didnt look like someone i wanted to take a punch from so i stood in a tree watching the mob looking for anything I could exploit. Maruchan hide here when i go to attack. I whispered to my familiar as i slowly stood up on the tree branch and tightened my hand wraps. I havent engaged in combat in a long time but no time like the present to start back up.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

The minotaur walked slowly back and forth in front of the entrance to labyrinth as i watched from the tree. I took a few deep breathes as i readied myself for our encounter. I opened my menu to look at the available sword skills i had to see which one could benefit me most. Then i spotted one by the name of crescent moon an easy one for someone of my acrobatic stature to pull off. Finally i closed the menu and ran towards the end of the branch.

ID: 32157 battle: 9 = crit MoB: 5-3 =2 miss. Skill crescent moon: 3x1 & Stun = 21 damage + stun. energy: 9/15

I jumped but still alerted the giant guardian who moved a lot faster than i had originally expected let go of a huge punch heading straight for me. However i managed land on the giant arm itself and run for the bull head of the beast. To slow! I yelled as i felt the sword skill activate and make my limbs glow red. The skill then allowed my leg to punt the minotaur's head like a kicker in the super bowl then follow up with a back flip that in itself landed two more hits on the giant head before landing me in front of the now stunned beast. Ha i still got it.

X: 60/60

minotaur: 24/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

The minotaur was now stunned and unable to attack for a while, this was my chance to try and use another one of my new sword skills to finish it off and get away unscathed. I remember seeing another sword skill...something about kicks and a neck chop i figured it was worth a try since i really dont relish the idea of getting punched by that thing.

ID 32269 Battle; 2 + 1=miss Mob: STUNNED

I must of messed up the sword skill bad since i didn't even get a registered hit on the giant stationary target. To make matters worse he was now un stunned and i would now have to try and dodge any attacks he has. Damn maybe i don't still got it!

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Ok, so the giant thing is moving now, best thing is not to panic but, of course I inevitably panic because this thing is so goddamn big. The bull head it has isn't helping either i feel like that just makes the whole situation worse really considering that only gives him another painful method of attacking. Maruchan is currently distracted chasing around a butterfly, but its not like i can blame him for not being a combat type of familiar. Alright now its time for me to try this attack again and really try not to get hit. 

ID# 32315  Battle: 10 Loot: 18+1=19 MOB: 6-3= miss skill delayed sword: 4x1= 32 damage! 

The minotaur in a rage threw attacks left and right at me however i was able to counter attack with a kick maneuver each time until i caught him un balanced which my hand glowed red and streaked across his neck. To which at my surprise cut through like a knife against butter killing the beast making him a headless human next to a decapitated bulls head. Oh damn... that's some overkill even for me.

Minotaur: 0/45

MOB drops: 225 col + 2 mats.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

I was done fighting the guardian, un-touched weirdly enough it seems i really do still got it. My way of combat doesn't exactly focus on one aspect which just makes me a wild card in fights unable to tame. The reason so few people choose to become fist fighters is due to our reputation as suicidal bastards in literally a death game. The only thing to block with is your arms which aren't the best thing to catch a blade with so speed is the better way to go for defense but at the same time the less power you have the less effectiveness you have in combat as well. Maruchan come on. I called as the dog led me into the maze. Maruchan is a treasure hunter so i usually have him search for materials while im doing walking quests like this. Maruchan, find it. I commanded as the pup sped up deep into the mist.

Id; 32553 Loot: 2+1 no mats found.

The dog came back with nothing and pouted.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

As I traversed through the labyrinth I was obviously lost but i didn't care too much it was almost relaxing and surreal having no idea where you are. Maruchan seemed to be enjoying himself due to us now playing fetch a favorite game for maruchan as a treasure hunter. The game is simple really i give the command to go search for items and maruchan does so. If he finds an item I can use I say good boy and give him a pat like any good dog owner would do. My familiar is the best i think while he doesn't assist in combat he gives this edge in searching for items setting me ahead by mmo standards. *sharp whistle* And he's off to go find something as the game continues. 

iD: 32546 Loot: 12+1= no mats found.

MAruchan came back empty handed again this time getting a little frustrated.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Maruchan again had failed but that was okay because it seems were going to be in this damn maze for a while. The mist is relaxing so there's not exactly much to complain about. Some other quest has you wondering through a hot ass desert and believe me this is a thousand times better. Im usually not one for grinding or questing but im behind now so i need to catch up and fast too. Go on search again. I told maruchan as he darted away.

ID: 32586 loot 15+1= 1 mat. found

Maruchan then came sprinting back with a recording crystal in his mouth.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Good boy! I told my dog as i took the crafting material and patted his fur dearly. Just then i heard something running through the maze which made me instantly lie down on my stomach. It was the other Minotaur stomping around like he knew i killed his twin. Damn it damn it damn it damn it.. I kept repeating in a hushed tone as I watched the rampaging beast run through the maze. Go look for more materials. I told maruchan as a way for him to get out of here so i can get a better look at the monster with out having to worry about him.

ID: 32589 Loot: 12+1= no mats found

Maruchan returns with nothing in his mouth.

Edited by XWuZHeAR
  • 8 months later...

The sound of a rampaging minotaur filled the walls and with each step shook the earth. HAAAAAAAAAAAGAAGGHHGHHHHGHHHH! The minotaur was in fact well aware of the death of his twin. Now getting closer and closer the noise grew louder and louder.

I gently closed my eyes as I felt the beast moving closer. When the sound stopped and changed to heavy breathing I slowly opened my eyes to see the minotaur flash a smile at me before standing up to swing at me. [censored]!

Battle: 1 critical fail!  MOB: 8 - 3=5 miss! ID: 60278

The giant sword barely misses X's neck by a few centimeters it is so close the gridlines of the game itself flashed briefly.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

X rolled backwards after missing the minotaur's mighty close swing which almost decapitated him. X bounced up to his feet and began to get into his boxers stance and bouncing around on his toes keeping his chin down and fists up. The minotaur ripped his sword out of the wall which it was stuck in after his missed attack attempt. The two combatants stare at each other for a moment before breaking the stillness and rushing at each other to attack.

You don't know what's coming do ya?... RRRRRRAAAGGGHHHH!!!!...

MOB; 6-3=3 miss Battle; 8-hit ID; 60431

DELAYED SWORD 4x1 = 4 energy. 6x4=24 damage!

X kicks the sword hand back in the direction it came from following through kicks a knee to make the beast kneel. With one last kick to the gut the minotaur leaned forward to which X responded by chopping down on his neck. Jumping back to his feet X gets back into his stance.

Nah you had no idea...

minotaur: 21/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

The beast got its horns stuck in the ground after the last attack and struggled to get himself free all while X stands there laughing. Things not looking good for the minotaur but he refuses to give up! Wow I can feel the ferocity of these two fighters, and I'm up here in the booth! That is right cotton very fierce fight indeed well have to get an interview with the winner afterword's back to you Tim. Right so the stats are currently X: one and the minotaur: zeeerooooo, cotton. Well put Tim now lets return back to the action before we remember we don't exist.

Battle: 5 miss -2 energy MOB: 8 -3 = 5 miss ID: 60467

Damn I missed...

X and the minotaur both missed this next attack with X sliding low to attempt tripping the beast and the giant sword swinging just over X's dumb haircut.

Minotaur: 21/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Ugh this is getting on my nerves already... if this guy would've just given me what I came for I would have been home by now, but I guess he is sort of a mob... Look theres not a scratch on me while you're halfed just quit already... I'll never surrender to the likes of you!...Wow you guys can talk? I'm gonna enjoy this last blow a little bit more now...

X then clenched his fists slightly tighter as he was able to feel the skill activate around it. Before he knew it his hands and legs were glowing red ready to strike a powerful attack.

Battle: 2 miss = -2 energy Mob: 6 - 3 = 3 miss ID: 60473

X then let go of a wild fury of kicks and punches but the minotaur moves faster than ever before and manages to dodge each and every attack!

Arrggggg goddamn it!...

Edited by XWuZHeAR

The minotaur began panting heavily as it appears what it just pulled off took a tremendous amount of effort. While X on the other hand was not breaking the slightest sweat and breathing on a sort of deliberate angry way. Just after that X began to rise up in an awesome karate kid one crane kick pose. To his own surprise the skill actually activated around his whole raised leg.

If do right, none can defend...

Battle: 4 = miss -2 energy MOB: 3 - 3= 0 miss ID: 60475

As I noticed the minotaur just slowly backing up after seeing the crane kick pose I instantly let go of the attack. The result was the skill glow quickly transferred to the plant leg mid kick...Damnit Mr. Miagi...

Edited by XWuZHeAR

After realizing his mistake X returned to his usual boxers pose and decides to imitate another really old movie. The minotaur doesn't seem to take kindly to X's antics much like real people so hats off to the cardinal system. As we see here cotton X looks to imitating the Russian boxer from the Rocky series lets switch back to the floor to hear what he's about to say. How so very right you are Tim, hopefully for this minotaur he wont end up like Apollo creed.

If he dies, he dies... The key here kids is to have fun with boring quests you are doing by yourself, adding a few references and made up characters to this RP made me able to keep writing it... oh uh I mean arggghh I wanna kill this minotaur ragghh ragghh...

Battle: 2 - miss -2 energy MOB- 3 - 3 = 0 miss ID: 60476

Would. You. Just. DIE ALREADY!!!!... With every single punch I through The minotaur dodged left and right with a strenuous look on his face...AAAAAHHHHH!

Minotaur: 21/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Cotton? Yes Tim? Isn't it true that X only has 1 energy? Oh ho right you are Tim this will make things difficult or at least a lot longer for our young furious fighter down there on the floor. Yes, he will not be able to attack cotton.

As I charged up my attack in my fists the glow flickered and went dark... after looking up at my energy bar I noticed I only had one out of 15 left... ARRRGGG THIS IS TAKING TOO LONG... That's it I'm just gonna let him attack this turn because I can't.

Battle: 10 = -1 energy MOB: 10 ID: 60501

As the Minotaur got ready to swing I just sat there waiting... After I realized I was gonna get hit even if I attempted to dodge I realized I could get a really good hit in even without a sword skill... My gut got slashed but before I could connect an upercut to the bull head.

X: 34/60

minotaur: 13/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Ohh! Ohhh! Tim I don't think what we just saw was possible, was that possible? Hehe I'm not sure myself cotton but uh that means X is down there with zero energy which will leave him vulnerable for a few blows while he charges back up. Let's just hope he's quick on his feet and has something to do in the mean time.

damnit all I can do know is use this...

HP recovery song (10 hp) perfect = +30 HP

Spoiler

Name: look on the bright side healing song

Your Profession: Performer

Your Rank: 2

ID: 60340

Roll: 12

Item Type: HP recovery song
Tier: 1

Quality: perfect

Enhancements: HP recovery song (10 hp)

Description: One of X's covers of a song from the real world. Mr. Brightside- The Killers.

ITEM APROVAL

Battle: 4 did not attack- +1 energy MOB: 6-3 = 3 miss. ID: 60503

X dodges the attack while listening to his own cover of a song that heals him.

minotaur: 13/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

"... Now I'm falling asleep, and she's calling a cab, while he's having a smoke, and she's taking a drag.."...Eh no one ever buys stuff off performers anyways I might as well use it here in this fight...RRRRAAAAGGGGHHH!...Whoa damn looks like he doesn't like the killers, shame the good part is coming up... "I just cant look its killing me, and taking control..."... a bit of a shame I'm not charging this minotaur for my performance although I do suppose I am beating it out of him like a piñata.

Battle: 1 not attacking +1 energy MOB: 7-3= miss ID: 60519

X dodges each and every swing the minotaur throws at him seemingly dancing as he does so.

Minotaur: 13/45

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Ugh you're only tiring yourself out you know... SHUT UP, TINY HUMAN!...Jeez this guy has some anger issues, oh yeah right right mob I forgot... I'm just saying even if you manage to hit me I'll only hit back harder...Seems like he didn't want to talk anymore, or there wasn't anymore dialogue built into his code...

X stood back and brought his fists up seeing that he now had enough energy for a sword skill, however should he miss he would be back at zero. What will he do?

battle:9 hit! +1 damage MOB: 4 - 3 = 1 miss loot: 18+1 = 19! ID: 60520

SWORD SKILL: aggressive twins 2x1 - 2 energy = 14 total damage.

Loot: 225 col + 1 mat

X easily dodged a stab from the minotaur's sword and connected one left jab followed by an aggressive right hook to the temple of the bulls head shattering the virtual beast into blue floating shards.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Well its about damn time you learned when to quit!... Ugh god that took forever, at least now I know there's no more of these lurking around to waste my time... just then I saw a glowing light a little bit down the maze... Maruchan, fetch!.. Ruff Ruff!...After the dog dashed the opposite direction I could tell it wasn't a crafting material like a recording crystal or something like that...

X then gave into his curiosity and continue deeper into the maze towards the light. The mist in the maze made the glow very faint but it could still be made out just barely as a sort of golden change in coloring. As X continued on he could hear the light pattering of maruchan running back to his current location.

loot: 16 mat found! ID: 60523

The little dog returns holding a recording crystal in his mouth.

Edited by XWuZHeAR

Upon turning one last corner X stands in front of a pedestal with the sought after pendent just sitting there. A single light seems just to come down from the sky and illuminate the pendent making it shine a golden light filling up the room. After looking around for a bit X holds up his hand and wiggles his fingers preparing to grab the shiny object. Maruchan begins to bark now furiously which makes X hesitate but he simply shakes it off. After swiping up the pendent the spot it was resting on lowers into the ground and everything begins to shake.

Ohhhh you've got to be kidding me... Its a damn Indiana jones trap, man I hate Kayaba a lot more than usual right about now... To make matters worse recording crystals hidden in the walls begin to play the Indiana jones theme... Lets bail!... Ruff ruff... As soon as the bolder dropped down me and Maruchan took off in a full sprint with the large rolling rock very close behind us.