[SP-F3] Solo Contract [COMPLETE]

Solo Contract

On this episode of Forgotten Dreams, our hunter has been tasked out by an associate, to hunt the creatures of their floor.  Hunting has become much more harmful to players lately, and players that have primarily hunters of monsters have been needed all that much more.  However, with the ever coming Boss Fight coming, the demand for materials and items has risen.  With that, the danger of death.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has been a while since I started my hunting business, and have recently found that the enemy drops quite a bit more Col than usual.  As I can't very well ask for my prices any more, I've started working for 'free' as I get my Col from the fight.  Which is a good thing, actually!  I've been getting bored of just sitting around, and needed to do something.  Maybe a little bit of hunting would cure me of my ailment?  It was a good thing that I was contacted about a hunting contract.

I got a message a few hours ago.  Someone from a very familiar guild wanted me to gather some Materials for them.  I didn't have anything to do, and the floor was ripe with new and improved mobs to destroy.  I had to get myself to a higher level sooner or later!

"Time to get started!"

Edited by Hirru

1.png

<<Beowolf>>

HP 40 | DMG 10

It wouldn't be long into my journey of the plains until I found my first quarry.  A rather human sized beast, or maybe a little bit bigger.  It seemed to be a bipedal variant of the wolf family of monsters, called <<Beowolf>>.  From my memory, these guys are rather vicious, and could take out a warrior in a few swings.  Thankfully, this wouldn't be the case for me.  As a hunter of the land, it was my sole duty to help the people of the floors, and vanquish any monsters that would harm them.  You would think that would be a knight's job, but they are more on the front lines, fighting the good fight.  I would have to build myself up to reach that point!

"Come at me, boi!"

I yelled out to start the fight.  I was glad that I didn't have the howl skill, as I didn't want to invite anything else for the ride.  The Beowolf would notice me and start to approach in a fast run.  Maybe, a little too fast, as it streaked past me while I was unsheathing Patience, which made me drop it.  I fumbled around trying to get it back in my sword hand, losing energy from the action.

"Damn, already at a bad start!"

[ID = 32158]
[BD = 1] -2 EP
[MD = 1] Miss
[CD = 11] N/A

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 12/14 EP]
[Beowolf = 40/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

Regaining my composure, I readied myself against an attack from the Beowolf.  Their sharp claws were very powerful, and could tear through health like no other.  If I wanted to keep my head, I needed to concentrate.  Be mindful of my surroundings, and know where my enemy is, at all times.  The beast would soon start its way towards me again, its eyes glinting from blood-lust.

The creature would swipe hard at my flank, causing a fair amount of damage to my person, but my armor was able to do its work.  Not only mitigating the damage, but also activating its ability to heal myself for a fair amount of health.  In the end, I gained extra health that seemed to evaporate from my body, as I let the creature hit me.  To prove a point!

"You're gonna have to do better than that!"

[ID = 32171]
[MD = 8] 10-5=5 dmg
[CD = 12] Regen +6 Hp

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 13/14 EP] -5+6=+1 Hp to Cardi-chan // +1 EP
[Beowolf = 40/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

Having noticed that I was able to take all of its damage, and convert it into health for myself.  It would have to do something drastic and stupid to catch me off guard.  I would also have to be careful, as it could do everything that I have thought of, and more.  I wasn't safe, not by a long shot.  I would have to be vigilant for the unexpected launch of a critical strike, as that would be the only thing that could cause him significant damage.  Also, there was the chance that Regen would not activate afterwards.

The creature lunged at me, but would nearly miss me this time.  As I wanted for it to hit me, my stored up energy to attack it as it flashed by, was wasted.  I would have to destroy it with a well performed sword art.

[ID = 32182]
[BD = 3] Miss -2 EP
[MD = 5] Miss
[CD = 9]

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 12/14 EP]
[Beowolf = 40/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

I continued my battle against the beast, noticing very quickly that it seemed too quick for its own good.  I've been able to slightly side step nearly every single one of its attacks since I had taken that attack earlier.  Was it afraid of me?  I don't see a Fear debuff icon on its health, so it couldn't be that.  Was it that it really was too quick for its own good, or was I just fast enough?  I would have to figure that out later, as the Beowolf charged once more.  This time, I was ready.  Slipping to my left a bit before taking my stance.  Patience began to glow a bright blue before launching from my shoulder, in a wide arc into the mob, causing it to be caught in the second attack, which came through at a steep angle.  The technique shaved off exactly half of its health, as it went into the yellow.

[ID = 32190]
[BD = 6] 5 dmg
[Sword Art: Vertical Arc] 2x2x5 = 20 dmg {EP usage = 4-1 = 3 EP used}
[MD = 3] Miss
[CD = 11] N/A

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 9/14 EP] 
[Beowolf = 20/40 HP] -20 hp

Edited by Hirru

It would be quite a day, if I had to do this.  Dodging this creature was simpler than the Avalanche, and that was one was on ice!  I'm in a field now, and this beast can't get to me unless I deliberately allow it to hit me.  I don't know if this is just becoming a game, but I am actually having fun killing these god forsaken creatures.  Soon, the Beowolf started forward again, as I was still in a post-art cooldown, I couldn't move or anything.  Fortunately, this creature was having the most difficult time ever to get to me.  I wasn't even moving and it was still able to miss me, or did it?  I soon heard it howl out to the moon bringing more of its kind from nearby.

"Great.."

[ID = 32202]
[MD = 1] Miss
[CD = 1]

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 10/14 EP]
[Beowolf = 20/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

As I regained control of myself, I could see three dire wolves coming from the far fields.  How they could hear that howl, I will never know, but that doesn't matter anymore.  Now, I had four threats to deal with as the Beowolf continued its onslaught of missing.  Seeing as this was getting nowhere, I activated the Area Of Effect sword art, Vertical Square.  Each slash of the sword would disrupt the flow of each of the beast type creatures, as I finished off with a final slash.  This created a rhombus in the air that expanded on itself before shattering, along with the beasts of the fields.  Every last one fell before my blade, yet again, but I was tired by the engagement.  Breathing heavily, I sat down in the grass.

"Too much energy waste!  Why did it have to bring friends..?"

[ID = 32204]
[BD = 8] 5 dmg
[Sword Art: Vertical Square] 4x1x5 = 20 AOE dmg {EP usage = 4x2 = 8-1 (Regen) = 7 EP used}
[MD = 2]
[CD = 12] N/A
[LD = 18]+4 Mats (3 from Non-combat ruleset) + 200 Col

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 3/14 EP]
[Beowolf = 0/40 HP]
[Dire Wolf 1 = -8/12 HP]
[Dire Wolf 2 = -8/12 HP]
[Dire Wolf 3 = -8/12 HP]

Edited by Hirru

Having fought a rather heavy fight, I needed to rest from the fight.  I'm still nowhere near as powerful as Calrex or Takao, but I will make a name for myself.  I will show that I can become a reliable source of materials and income.  I just need to get stronger faster.  Maybe, I should pick up some more of those lower level quests to help myself.  As I thought these things, my vision would try to keep anything of interest in sight; hearing would alert me to any enemies nearby.  I felt something change in me as I felt that something had changed.  Did my senses get a little sharper?  When did that happen?

Skill Activation: Search & Detect Rank 1

Looking around the area, something caught my interest.  It looked to be of some sort of sap from a nearby tree.  I took one of the glass bottles that I saved from my waters and collected a small amount.  This seemed like a fairly good find.  What else could I find now?

[ID = 32281]
[LD = 20+1= 21] +1 Mat

Edited by Hirru

It was a good thing that I was with Mack and Calrex to learn of the wait limit for energy regen, or else I would be out of luck this entire time.  In fact, I would probably have to shell out quite a bit of Col to get that kind of information from a broker.  I sighed heavily as I continued my search for anything that would seem out of the ordinary.  Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything that would be remotely useful to me.  I would need to hurry with this recovery process, or else I will get stuck with a creature of the fields.  Though, if it was anything like the Beowolf from before, then I may be alright until it calls on its smaller subordinates again.

[ID = 32299]
[LD = 12+1=13] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

As I sat in the field, I could feel that the mobs were spawning in.  Mostly hear them, as the spawning of monsters has a rather bell-like chime to it.  It also has a small after effect of a bright light around the creature before it is able to move around, so I have time to concentrate one last time before I have to start another fight.  I drew my attention sight away to find anything else, but my hearing was always tracking them.  Following what they were doing from a distance.  A true hunter would be able to do no less than this.

Sure enough, I found a plant that may be useful to my client.  I gathered the plant before I could be affronted by any of the mobs.  Unfortunately, I gave my position away and a Killer Mantis would show its face.

[ID = 32332]
[LD = 17+1=18 ] +1 Mat
[Energy Restored]

Edited by Hirru

7.png

<<Killer Mantis>>
HP 40 / DMG 10

The giant preying mantis flew low off the ground as it came at me.  This one would be a little tougher, as I know how much insect type creatures are.  Even if they are big, they are very fast and can take the advantage out of any combat situation.  I would need to be careful of its scythe-like claws, as they would do a number on me.  Readying myself, I would jump at the first chance that I can to take out the creature, stunning it in the process.

When the insect came close enough, it slashed out with both of it of its left arms that came towards my right.  Patience glowed a dull red as it made me duck under the arms causing a slash to its left flank.  Another would follow after it while I started circling around the creature.  One more came at its right side before ending in a fourth slash across its front.  A square shape was drawn out from the slashing animations, and radiated outward.  The Mantis seemed stunned, and couldn't hurt me.

[ID = 32355]
[BD = 5+1(Concentration)=6] 5 dmg
[Sword Art: Horizontal Square] 4x1x5 = 20 dmg (Stun)
[EP used = 4+3 (Stun)= 7 EP]
[MD = 7] Stun
[CD = 6]

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 7/14 EP]
[Killer Mantis = 20/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

Continuing the onslaught against this insect was getting a little tiring.  I used quite a bit of energy against that thing, and even had to use my concentration skill.  This was one of the many reasons that I hate insect type monsters.  I could never hit them properly without having to exert myself to an extent.  Maybe, I should have equipped that item while I was at it?  Well, now it was impossible.  I just needed to fight without it for some time.  These guys were easy after some time, but I needed to concentrate.  It's harder to think that when my skill is on cooldown.

Now that I think about it, I should start building up my energy for the next strike.  I would have to not attack for now, but I may be able to get past its blades rather easily.  It was then that the Mantis tried to attack me with its sickle claws, but it would swing too wide.

"This is going to be another one of those fights...isn't it.."

[ID = 32371]
[MD = 4]
[CD = 7]

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 8/14 EP] 
Concentration 4/5 turns cooldown
[Killer Mantis = 20/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

It looked like this would be my only chance to deal any kind of damage.  I would have to take some damage though, but I didn't mind the damage that these things did to me.  I wasn't going to have this thing waste my time, or my clients time either.  I was going to end it here and now!  With a slight movement to get into the right stance, I awaited the Mantis to make its move.  I didn't have to wait long, as the Mantis came at me with its scythe-like appendages.  One of them caught me which made me trigger the sword art.  My sword began to glow and shot out from my right side cutting into the creature.  It would then come back around to attack it again at a diagonal.  The combined force destroyed the Killer Mantis in a shower of light.

I sat down in the grass and pondered upon the events of today.  Should I keep going, or find someplace else?

[ID = 32372]
[MD = 8] 10-5=5 dmg
[BD = 8] 5 dmg
[Sword Art: Vertical Arc] 2x2x5 = 20 dmg
[EP usage = 4]
[LD = 6+1=7] Nothing more..

[Hirru = 61/66 HP // 5/14 EP] 
Concentration 3/5 turns cooldown
[Killer Mantis = 0/40 HP +1 Mat

Treasure Total = 7 Mats + 200 Col

After destroying that Killer Mantis, there wasn't anything else that I had triggered or alerted to my presence.  I sighed while looking around the area for anything that could help out my client.  I didn't want to get into combat without regaining some of my energy.  It I did, then I may be in trouble.  Though, as long as I don't waste any of my attacks, then I should be good.  That being said, I needed to equip something.  I opened my menu and looked through my equipment and selected the Spirit of the Jade Dragon.  I could feel my stats rise from the power of the jeweled bangle.

[ID = 32481]
[LD = 11] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

I checked the time and it was getting fairly well in the afternoon.  I don't remember when I started, or if I will stop any time soon.  As things are, I may need to farm some more materials without having anything chase me for a change.  Standing up, I started to venture around the area for anything that may be useful for my client.  As it was, I was already wasting time for the upcoming boss fight.  The people will need the potions and crystals that she can make.

I wasn't able to find anything useful in this area, so I would need too find a different area to search in.  Maybe someplace with more abundance of flora and less fauna.  Where was such a place in this floor?

[ID = 32700]
[LD = 3+1=4] Nothing

Edited by Hirru

Moving to an area that looked like it could house some impressive fauna and other things that could be useful to my client, I continued my search for the unknown and elusive.  Hopefully, there wouldn't be too many creatures around that would cause me problems along the way.  As far I am aware, the creatures are getting stronger by the second.  Without anything to gauge how they are progressing, I would have to be careful from now on.  It's possible that I need to start moving back to the second floor for my next few hunts.

It seemed as if this area would be good for my search, as I found another plant that may be good for the client.  Only a few more to go!

[ID = 32704]
[LD = 20+1= 21] +1 Mat

Total = 8 Mats + 200 Col

Edited by Hirru
  • 2 weeks later...

Seeming to find that this area was much better than others that I have been to, I decided to continue my search in this area.  Maybe, I would be able to find something else that would be useful to my client.  I had to keep in mind the specifics about what they needed.  I needed to find specific flora that would give off a distinct scent, while avoiding certain colors.  I guess some of these could be poisonous to our bodies, if ingested.  I guess I need to learn more about the environments before heading out to them.

I wouldn't get the time of day when another Beowolf comes to attack me.  Just like any of its brethren, it is quite fast.  Too fast for its own good.  I was able to easily bypass its attack, and perform my signature attack <<Vertical Arc>>.

[ID = 34248] (I've been gone for too long..)
[MD = 4] Miss
[BD = 8] 5 dmg
[Sword Art: Vertical Arc] 2x2x5= 20 dmg

[Hirru = 66/66 // 10/14 HP]
[Beowolf = 20/40 HP]

Edited by Hirru

The beowolf would howl in pain as it imitated the pain that should be felt from the attack, but would recover just as quickly.  That was the problem with monsters these days.  They didn't know when to quit, especially when they had someone that could easily overpower them.  Not only were beowolves too fast for their own good, they would also deliver their pack to the slaughter.  Not a very pretty picture to be sure.

Of course, what does the beowolf do.. calls in its brothers.  So what do I do?  Easiest answer ever!  Kill them all!

My blade flashed with bloodlust as I competed the AOE finisher, Vertical Square.  Everything was bathed in orange gashes before everything became a shower of light particles.

[ID = 34566]
[MD = 7] <<Call to Arms>> Summons minions
[BD = 9] 5+1= 6 Bleed damage
[Sword Art: Vertical Square] 4x1x6= 24 AOE Bleed damage
[LD = 20+1=21] Jackpot!

[Hirru = 66/66 HP // 2/14] -8 EP
[Beowolf = -4/40 HP] 200 Col + 2 Mat
[Dire Wolf 1 = -12/12 HP] 1 Mat
[Dire Wolf 2 = -12/12 HP] 1 Mat
[Dire Wolf 3 = -12/12 HP] 1 Mat

Treasure Total

12 Mats + 400 Col

Edited by Hirru

Finding that my mission has been successful, I start my journey back to the main town.  From there, I would need to visit the potion shop to drop the materials off.  It was a long day, and the sun was well across the other side of Aincrad when everything was done.  It would take some time to get there, but I should be able to reach town before the end of the day.  Hopefully, nothing else would trouble me, but it didn't look like it.  Most of the way back was rather peaceful.  The mobs in the area next to the town were rather weak and wouldn't aggro to me due to my stats, but I needed to be careful for any more apex mobs.  I didn't want to fight in his current state of exhaustion.  Of course, that didn't mean that I wasn't going to keep searching for anything that might peek my interests along the way.

Sure enough, I found another plant that could be useful later on.

[ID = 34568]
[LD = 14+1=15] +1 Mat

Total Treasure

400 Col + 13 Mats

Edited by Hirru

Soon, I found myself on the outskirts of Delilah Village, the main town of the 3rd floor.  Having reached it before the end of the day, I would be able to reach the shop and drop off the materials before I turned in for the day.  Maybe, I should start thinking about strengthening my swords in the mean time.  Even though the area was just a village, the amount of low-mid tier warriors was beginning to increase with the recent events of the front lines.  It would seem that my work would probably have to move on to another floor, or start to help out any of the players that start having problems out here.  

It looks like the hunters will be needed more than ever.

Completed

Summary

Hirru - 800 Col (400 thread + 400 rewards) + 13 Materials + 1 SP