(PP-F1) Becoming a Crimson Blader (Mack)

Freddy sat in the town of floor one by the fountain. He was supposed to meet Mack, who was his soon to be guild leader. He had earlier PMed if he was able to join his guild. The answer was yes and he was going to meet him here somewhere. He held his starting blade and thought of pming Mack to see where he was supposed to meet him. He looked around. Mack was probably going to be wearing the regular guild attire so Freddy thought he would look for that. The breeze picked up a bit and brushed against Freddy's skin and moved his hair around a bit. Where are You Mack? He thought. 

In a shimmer of blue light the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades appeared in the Portal Plaze of the City of Beginnings. His gold trimmed crimson hooded cloak flapped and snapped in the light breeze, occasionally flapping open to reveal the newly crafted titanium crimson armor of Pertinax beneath while the Celtic knotted carbon steel blade of Invictus protruded above his left shoulder. Obviously, he was a player that was over leveled for being on the first floor of the Aincrad tower. Nonetheless, this afternoon he was on a mission. Making his way through the town, with the crowds of mostly NPC characters parting way before him, Mack headed in the direction of the fountain that was the appointed meeting place for himself and another member of the player population that wished to join the Crimson Blades. Eventually, he came within sight of the fountain and noticed a dark haired player seated nearby with a green cursor above his head. Mack assumed that the man had to be Freddy and he crossed the small plaza to where he was seated.

"Freddy, I presume," Mack asked in his low rumble of a voice, crossing his massive arms over his chest. "Apologies for my lateness, I had to wrap up a few things at my forge on the fourth floor. I've been informed that you would like to join the Crimson Blades. I am the Guild's Grandmaster and, if this is indeed the case, then we can go ahead and begin the formal enrollment process and training right now."

Edited by Mack

Freddy turned as he heard a low voice behind him. He seen a bigger man than him who was wearing high level equipment. Freddy nodded his head as the man said his name. He talked about how he was the guild's grand master and how they could go and begin with the formal training. Freddy looked up and said, "Yes, we can start now if you like." Freddy grabbed his blade to show that he was indeed ready to go. He was in fact, eager to go. Freddy was ready for him to lead the way.

"Very well," Mack said, opening up his inventory and beginning to withdraw items one at a time, beginning with the medallion of the Blades. "This is your Guild token. It is to be worn at all times," the blacksmith said, tapping the medallion that appeared in his hands so that it resolved itself into a crimson dagger, the symbol of a recruit. "It marks you as belonging to the Crimson Blades and, more than that, it signifies your rank within the Guild. The symbol of Recruits is a dagger. At this point in your career as a Blade, anyone with a symbol other than a dagger is someone that outranks you within the Guild. My own symbol is a battleaxe." As Freddy affixed the medallion and its chain around his neck, Mack produced the second item from his inventory, a Crimson cloak.

"This is your Guild cloak," he continued, holding out the scarlet fabric, devoid of shoulder piece, hood, and gold trim to Freddy. "As you see it is unadorned while mine displays many different awards. As you move though Aincrad as one of us you will earn honor and prestige, which will be displayed on your cloak. The cloak is to be worn for all official Guild functions and meetings, but when you are operating on your own it is an optional piece of equipment. Neither your medallion nor the cloak will grant you any bonuses in battle unless you complete the necessary quests to have them upgraded."

"Finally, I have a breastplate and a shield for you," Mack continued, producing the items from his inventory and holding them out to Freddy. "Each of these will mitigate three points of damage from incoming strikes. Therefore, on the first floor, even a critical strike from any regular mob will inflict only a single point of damage to your health bar. As a member of the Blades you now also have access to the Guild Bank and Guild Armory. If you wish to remove items from either location please let me know and I'll see to it that records are updated."

The enormous guild master rolled his head around on his neck, popping it before he continued. "Now, as a member of the Blades you must prove yourself capable in combat and honorable both within and outside of it. Therefore, this afternoon, you will lead a party consisting of yourself and myself out into the fields surrounding the city. I expect you to emerge victorious, without my intervention, against at least two animal mobs before you address your final challenge of the day and rise from the rank of Recruit to Soldier within the Guild. If you accept these conditions, we will form a party and you will lead the way," Mack said, sending a party request to Freddy.

Freddy listened carefully as the Grandmaster  began to talk and hand him items. First, he handed him a medallion. Freddy fixed it around his neck and listened to how it made him on of the Crimson Blade's. The dagger was the lowest rank but Freddy already had planned on moving to be in one of the top ranks. Mack then handed him a crimson cloak with no hood, shoulder piece, or gold lining. He listened how he could received marks on his cloak as he ranked up and earned honor. Next The Grandmaster handed him a Crimson shield and breastplate. Freddy equipped it and watched his stats boost by a lot. He equipped the cloak and noticed how good it looked on him. Freddy listed as he told what his objectives were. Freddy nodded and accepted the party request. Freddy grabbed his starter blade and began to head out toward the field. 

Freddy moved out on the field. He was stronger than most of the creatures were here. Especially since now that he had good armor and he could annihilate the boars. He looked around and seen a boar. Freddy grabbed his blade and began to make the movement for his most used skill. Toreador Slash I. Freddy dashed forward at the enemy and lashed out with one hard swipe at the creature. His blade was a bright red and moving fast as a blur. Freddy made contact with the boar and it exploded into little blue shards. It was a good way to get the Grandmaster's attention. 

ID: 32455 BD: 7 LD; 8

Freddy 8/8 Energy: 2-2=0     0+1=1 energy remaining. 

Mack ?/?

Wolf 0/4

Edited by Freddy

OOC: Don't forget to use the dice roller and everything for combat. If you need help understanding the combat system, and I'm not trying to be patronizing here, please ask and I'll be happy to explain it all. :)

ID: 32456
LD: 10 (No Mat)

Mack watched as Freddy solemnly accepted all of the items and equipped them without a single word. Apparently, the guy was the strong silent type and that was just fine with Mack. There was no rule in the Guild that said that people had to be sociable, only that they needed to be competent to perform their jobs and given the determined manner in which Freddy set out to begin completing the task that had been set him, Mack had little doubt that he would succeed in completing the task with little difficulty. Quietly, the proceeded out through one of the main gates of the City of Beginnings and headed out into the fields. Before long, Freddy had located a boar and set his sights on tackling the beast. Unslinging Invictus from his back, the Guildleader began to work the steel butt cap on the weapon's haft into the ground, searching for crafting materials.

Freddy sheathed his sword and turned to see Mack looking for materials. "You know sir... I actually am heading for becoming a musician.... I also plan to move up in the ranks and end up in council. My plan is to try to become unbeatable unlike any other."    Freddy looked at the ground and searched for materials or such down on the ground. Freddy thought about his new equipment. He would easily cremate any monster in the low leveled floors. He didn't find anything so he stood up. "Also, don't be surprised if you find me in your store with money for a better weapon..."

Edited by Freddy

ID: 32530
LD: 18 (+1 Mat)

“Those are noble goals,” Mack allowed, burying the bladed axe head of Invictus in the tree once more. There was a shower of wood chips that rained down and the tree yielded up a piece of lumber that was suitable for crafting. Stooping, the Guildmaster collected the material and added it to his inventory before resuming his conversation with Freddy as he stood. “Of course, you like every other player must first start at the beginning as we all have, but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders and you don’t play around. I can respect both things and we’ll look for you to join the Council someday, should you prove worthy for the honor.” The bulky Grandmaster shouldered Invictus after wrenching the weapon from the tree and considered the need Freddy had for a weapon. “Now that you’re enrolled in the Blades, you are welcome to make use of the Guild Armory. If there is a weapon that you would like, or a shield or armor, you may take them. Just let me know. If you need something else forged, that can also be arranged. Now then, this is still your party, where shall we go next?”

Freddy listened to what Mack said about what he admired in Freddy. Freddy then heard him say where shall they go next. Freddy thought some. He actually had a party.... The dungeon. He had never been there before. With his and Mack's strengths combined they could probably clear the floor eight dungeon. Freddy looked down at his attire. He liked the Crimson cloak. He turned and looked into Mack's eyes. " I know where we should go... but I have no idea where it is or what is in it.... The Floor one dungeon. That is where we should go. I can probably even clear it myself with this equipment.... Meaning that is is not a bad or dangerous place to go..." Freddy grabbed his blade. Hopefully Mack would approve of his answers. 

“I’ve been in that dungeon,” Mack said slowly, acknowledging the guts that the warrior before him had. It was impressive to find such a low level player that was willing to take on a dungeon. Even if such an exercise would be suicidal in such a low level player. “Probably not the wisest course of action at this point though. I’ve not been in that dungeon since the combat engine of SAO was redesigned. It may well be that the dungeon is beyond either of our capabilities to clear. When I cleared it before I had the equipment I now wear, more or less, and it still took a party of four,” the red-headed man said slowly. “If it is a challenge that you seek, however, eliminate one more boar and I will give you something worthy of a true warrior and soldier in the Crimson Blades.”

Freddy listened intently. Mack had explained that the floor one dungeon was actually, quite in deed, very hard. Freddy did not presume that in would indeed be in fact tough to clear.  " I actually did not think it would be indeed that hard.... I apologize for my inconvenience."  Freddy then listened and the grand master had told him to kill at least one more boar. Freddy nodded and grabbed his blade. He looked around and seen a boar grazing about a quarter mile away.  He then looked around and seen one at least fifty yards away. If he was not patient and smart he would have way more a ways to go. 

Freddy held his blade at his side as he sprinted at the boar. The blade was energized with a sword and was crimson red. It was crimson even before he joined "The Crimson Blades". He charger forward and got closer and closer to the boar. If he hit with a good strike he could one-shot the boar. As the boar got in range, Freddy lashed down and to the side with the skill Toreador Slash I (1x2). The blade came arcing down at his opponent. He missed he boar and his energy meter dropped to zero. Now it was a fight with no skills. Freddy readied his blade at the enemy. The boar would not escape his wrath this time. 

32746 BD:4 MD; 5

Freddy 8/8

Boar 4/4

ID: 33070
LD: 6 (No Mat)

Mack listened as Freddy spoke and then followed mutely as the swordsman turned and scanned the area around them in the fields immediately surrounding the City of Beginnings. It was clear that the young man had both spirit and drive, each of which would serve him well in a guild that offered upward mobility to its members, provided they were willing to put in the hard work and effort necessary to advance themselves within the command structure of the Crimson Blades, which it certainly appeared that Freddy was ready to do. As he sprinted towards the boar the red-headed guild master noted with some irony that when Freddy activated sword skills his weapon glowed appropriately scarlet. As it didn’t appear that he was in any need of combat advice for the time being, Mack remained silent and probed the ground at his feet with the butt cap of his weapon, searching for materials he could craft with.

Freddy attacked his enemy. He had took a minute to analyze his surroundings and tactics to kill the boar. Freddy moved forward  and got in range and began to sprint at his enemy. Freddy had no skill and swung his fierce blade straight at the enemy. The blade inched closer and closer to his opponent and missed the opponent from being to high with his swing. The boar charged forward which Freddy blocked with his shield. Freddy backed up some. This should be easier. The Grandmaster shall not be so pleased with him if he did not hurry this up. 

ID: 33256 BD: 1 MD: 1

Freddy 8/8 Energy:1

Boar: 4/4

ID: 33299
LD: 3 (No Mat)

Mack watched through dispassionate eyes as Freddy continued his battle with the boar. The fact that the recruit was having such difficulty in dealing with the brown and bristle covered creature was further validation, in Mack’s eyes, that he had made the right decision in keeping them both out of the first floor dungeon for the time being. Since it was still clear that Freddy was in no immediate danger, at least in terms of losing his life, as he fought the boar Mack continued his probing of the ground around him with Invictus’ butt cap. Once again, he failed to turn up anything, though that was hardly a surprise.

Freddy was getting a bit angered that he could not deal with a simple boar that he had beaten a hundred times before. He tried calming down a bit and looked at the boar. Freddy held his blade at the ready and dashed forward. He could not miss this time. Focus. Freddy thrusted his bade and the enemy. The blade sank into the enemy causing the enemy to lose some life. He was finally making some ground. Freddy faced the boar which charged and smashed into his shield. It put Freddy back a few feet but thanks to his armor it hadn't done any serious damage. Freddy smirked. He was back in the game. 

33399 (Full House!) BD:7 MD:9

Freddy 7/8

Boar 2/4

ID: 33453
LD: 7 (No Mat)

Mack noted that, after his initial failure to strike the boar that was his chosen target that Freddy had remained focused and determined. It was always good to see the low-level players maintaining their calm cool resolve to overcome their foes rather than descending into either anger or despair when they initially failed. It was another mark that the Grandmaster tallied in Freddy’s favor. As the fighter continued his duel with the boar it was apparent that he didn’t require any sort of intervention on Mack’s part and so the red-headed man turned his grey eyes on the ground before him, probing for any bits of metal ore that might be lurking just below the surface of the ground.

Freddy grabbed his blade and watched his enemy closely. He focused on his target. All he imagined to see is the boar and his blade. Freddy dashed forward and the target got nearer. He readied to make a slant attack and he got nearer. Freddy looked at his enemy and made a slash straight downward at the enemy. Freddy watched as the blade glided at the enemy. Freddy hit the enemy and caused it to fly forward.It shattered and Freddy took a deep breath. He sheathed his weapon and looked at Mack and said, "Mission Accomplished sir..." He was making progress and moving up. that was all he needed to do. He couldn't wait until he was high up in the ranks. 

ID: 33871 BD: 7

Edited by Freddy

"Nicely done," Mack rumbled, abandoning his pursuit of mats buried beneath the surface of the ground as he sheathed his axe at his back with the weapon's carbon steel bearded heard protruding just about his left shoulder. "Now, you asked for a more difficult challenge and I am happy to give you one," the Grandmaster continued, crossing two massive arms over his chest. "Your final requirement, before being made a soldier is to duel me. I will fight unarmed, but you are welcome to use any skills and weapons you like. The duel will be first to three and you do not need to defeat me in order to be promoted." Mack dropped into an easy unarmed ready stance. "At your leisure."