[SP-F6] You are your worst enemy <<The Gemini>>

I woke up from my inn on floor one, the same one I had been at since I met lily, but I decided today I was going to go to floor 6 to adventure, it wasn't my highest floor considering my shop was on 8 but the highest id be out in the fields on. I got dressed and left to the teleportation pads. When I got to it I chose floor 6 and soon materialized in a blue light show on the floor. As I looked around I began to love the area, it had a jungle theme which looked really cool, but I wasn't here for looks, here to kill some new mobs. I left the pad and walked away from the center of town on looked like the main road as many npcs and some players were walking along it. After about 10 minutes I reached the end of town and, out of the safe zone. The path however continued so I followed it. As I walked I wondered how would I do on the floor, it was a much floor than any id previously fought on (floor 2) so it would be a big jump, but I think id be alright. I walked for another 20minutes in silence, the town being nowhere in sight.

I looked to my right at the jungle which still looked amazing and then too my left, still amazing, but as I turned my head back a figure was in front of me, and I mean like directly in front of me, one more step and we would have collided. He kind of scared me and I jumped back for my personal space and to defend myself if needed. I pulled out my sword and addressed the man "Hello, who are you and why weren't you there 10 seconds ago" I looked at him some more but wasn't able to find out anything, he didn't even have a name so what was I supposed to do. He was in a cloak covering his entire body as well so there was no physical properties to put to the man except he was my height and not any bigger than me. "i am here to propose a..bet of sorts to you my friends, just a friendly one" I eyed the man warily as his voice had a whisper to it as if he was hiding it as well. And I didn't trust this man and his bet or whatever it was, but I was curious.

"what would this "Bet" be" I reply. The man or women shifts in his cloak for a second before replying "i am just here for a friendly duel, if you win, I can share a secret, if not then you owe me your sword" The bet seemed pretty fair depending on the secret, and the man didn't look very strong so I thought for a moment about the risk and decided id take it. "alright man, ill take your request and accept it." I say in my cold voice not backing down. "good, good" he replies and just after I see a duel request which I accept. "I wish you the best of luck" I say to the mysterious man. "And you to" he says before taking off his cloak, and that's my heart skipped a beat.

In front of me was..me, a direct copy of me as if I had a twin, and it was the weirdest thing. And that's when I looked up and found there was no timer on the duel, no point of stopping in health, this was a fight to death. And how could I beat a man who appeared just like me, and even as he unsheathed his sword, it was just like mine. I was almost scared, but no way was I going to show it to this freak. I got into my stance as the man across from me got into the exact same one. I smiled as it would be an interesting fight to anyone watching, two of the exact same people in a duel to the death, yes very interesting. "WELL YOU CAN MAKE THE FIRST MOVE,YOU GOT US INTO THIS!!" I shout to the man clearly showing I figured it out, and wasn't very happy about it. But all that showed on the mans face, was a deathly smile.

ID:32916

BD:9

MD:3

Astro ENE 4/6

Gemini ENE 4/6

Sword art: snake bite 1*2

Astropheric: 24/24 (miss)

Gemini: 17/24 (5 base +1 crit *2=12 -5 mit = 7)

After the mans deathly smile disappeared he quickly charged me, and it was fast, and if that's how fast I looked then go me, but I didn't seem like that. The man reached me in seconds and we clashed. He swung for my chest, a very predictable move allowing me to meet his sword, and slashing it away giving me a simple strike to his leg as I brought it back, he ignored the hit and continued this time slashing at my leg, I wasn't as ready as the last strike and was forced to roll away. As I rolled up I saw a sword point go right beside my head, lucky he missed, but now his sword was by my head, he messed up. I took the advantage initiating my sword art <<snake bite>> and was able to hit him directly in the chest. He stumbled back wards which I tried to use to my advantage with a stab, but he recovered just quick enough to jump backwards. And then we squared off again.

Gemini: 24 hp -- 2 base damage (he doesn't get +3 from sword) -- 5 mitigation -- 6 energy

Me (astropheric) 24 hp -- 5 base damage -- 5 mitigation -- healing potion -- 6 energy

ID:32918

BD:7

MD:6

Astro ENE 3/6 (1 regen)

Gemini ENE 3/6 (1 regen)

Astropheric: 23/24 ( 2 base * 2 sword art=4 -5 mit= 1 (min))

Gemini: 12/24 (5 base*2=10 -5 mit = 5)

This time I charged the Gemini coming with a low sweep of my sword, but as I did I saw him go for my head, it was not a hit I was willing to take so I stopped myself and went into a roll, making his sword hit my shoulder as it came down for the roll, but it was better than my head. As the gash went away I stood up and began unleashing quickly, light stike. I would slash at his leg, hed block, id slash at his chest, hed block. I was on the offensive and I was going fast. Every couple of swings hed mess up a little allowing for a light strike, but not until I surprised him with a slash to the neck, followed by a kick to the leg did he stumble. My kick hit him in a nerve so he lost his leg for a second giving me time to use my sword art once again, which hit him in his shoulder. Sadly he was able to use the same art, but only clipped my finger, doing barely anything.

Edited by Astropheric

ID:32919

BD:7

MD:1

Astro ENE 2/6 (1 regen)

Gemini ENE 2/6 (1 regen)

Astropheric: 23/24 ( miss)

Gemini: 7/24 (5 base*2=10 -5 mit = 5)

As he was frozen in his stance from using the art, and I was just released from mine, I kicked at his sword, he managed to hold un as he unfroze, but his body jerked to side and he was on the ground, I used the advantage and quickly through in another snake bite in his leg doing solid damage, but it didn't last long as he took the freeze time and got up quickly read to slash my neck. But I froze just as his sword was almost there, I got my sword up just in time to block it, but now the roles were flipped, I was on defense, he was on offense, He striked aggressively as he knew he was close to death and needed some hit, and he was fast. But I was matching each and every blow and I hoped I would find an opening at some point.

ID:32920

BD:1

MD:2

Astro ENE 1/6 (1 regen) miss

Gemini ENE 1/6 (1 regen) miss

Gemini: 7/24 (miss)

The confrontation of him striking me and me repeatedly would not end. Every time he went for an area id block it. He tried to strike at my neck, id block it. Then go for a slash at my leg, id block it. He would go for a strike at my chest, id block it. It was the same process over and over. But what was fascinating was un like the other times. He would not falter, no matter how many times I tried to look for an opening it seemed there never was one. And if there was it'd be gone to quickly to capitalize on. The man was fighting flawlessly, we both were. But I wondered how long it'd keep up. Not only was our energy going out with repetitive strike and blocks, but someone would mess up, and I don't think it'd be good.

ID:32921

BD:10

MD:4

LD:15

Astro ENE 0/6 (1 regen)

Gemini ENE 0/6 (1 regen)

Gemini: -2/24 (5 base +2 crit*2=14 -5 mit = 9)

The confrontation went on for another couple of minutes, and then I saw it an opening, one I could take, and time slowed, I completely ignored his incoming strike, as I used my sword art once again, and the last time. The way his arm had came in, was slower than usual and far out, allowing for stab directly to hit throat, and that's what happened. I used my sword art and watched my sword puncture the guys neck and go straight through. But as I watched the man, his deathly smile came back, and I swear I heard a laugh. As the polygons appeared in a explosion, I was happy..but still very confused.

+1 mat

+ 120 col (24*5)

+ skill concentration

(OOC- matt doesn't know it yet though, itll be next post, goes for all loot)

Edited by Astropheric

ENE 1/6

HP 24/24 

As I stood in disbelief at what just happened over the last 30 minutes, I looked in front me. I saw a screen CONGRATULATION QUEST COMPLETED. I was rather happy that I won, but it was weird that I finished a quest I didn't even know I took. I looked at the ground and also saw a material and some col from ...me...I picked those up as well. The reward from the quest was cool, I gained three skill points and a new skill *concentration* but I was still freaked out about the quest in general. The guy looked exactly like me, and seemed to fight the same way, with the same stats, it was all very unnerving. If kayaba could just make clones of us to fight us, then this game might be worse than I thought.

ENE 2/6 (2 posts oob)

I decided to throw the thoughts of the weird person that tried to kill me out of my head and continued on with what I had planned to do in the first place, hunt and gather materials, I was in a jungle so I decided to try my hand at whacking some tress again, why not after all, I just survived an attempted murder. Nothing could be worse than that while hacking a tree. And plus, maybe a jungle would do better at actually getting the material than the time I tried it on some trees on floor one where there weren't too many tress. But who knows, after that quest, I was pretty sure there was nothing kayaba could do that would surprise me anymore, not even if he happened to be my dad, who knows.

ENE 6/6 (3 posts oob) 

ID:32923

LD:14

I walked over to the trees and began searching for a decent one to hack away at so I could collect materials for tailoring. I found a decent tree and whacked at it, and whacked at it, and whacked at it. I stood at the tree and kept hitting it hoping at some point it would fall. I kept saying to myself "one more time" but that one time never came and I continued hitting it. After about 20 minutes of continuously whacking the tree I gave up..cursed at it, and walked away to another tree that I hoped would fall so I could gain a material. I wasn't mad, I guess it was just the thought of the man still in my head making me curse. I had just gone on a material hunt, but it wasn't the main reason I was out here, I was out for the monsters, but I needed energy and this was the best way to get it.

Edited by Astropheric

ID:32924

LD:7

I walked over the next tree only a foot away considering how dense the jungle was. And started whacking it, as I did some chunks of wood would fly off, but after half an hour all that had happened was some splinters on the ground, it was rather disappointing but like I said, nothing could bring me down more than that man. So I let it go, and anyway my floor one experience with trees wasn't too great either so my expectation weren't the highest. Yes the materials would be nice, but I was expecting it at all.

Edited by Astropheric

ID:32925

LD10

I came down here looking for some mobs to hunt, but I was really begging to feel like these trees were challenging me to get a material. so I went to next tree and began whacking it, however just like the last one all that happened were some flying splinters, no falling tree or nothing. So I didn't geain a material, but this only made me believe even more that I had to get a material from the tree,. It was almost like another quest of sorts, although one id probably give up on after not too long from now.

ID:32926

LD:4

I went to the next tree and began whacking it, I was actually getting into the tree for once, and after about 20 minutes it began to tip over, not soon after did it just immaterialized and disappear though. So I gained no material. I was not too happy about that but it only confirmed kayaba hated me, and would never let me get a material from his stupid trees again. I sighed and looked around for some mobs hopeing I could find one or two to kill since these trees were really starting to annoy the crap out of me. Wi there "I wont give you a material"  stuff....

ID:32928

BD:10

MD:6

LD:13

ENE 4/6

Sword art - snake bite 1*2

Astropheric  11/24 ( 6 * 3 =18 -5 mit =13)

Treant  0/14 (5 base +2crit *2 =14)

Luckily in my search for a mob, I happened to see a walking tree, seeing it was alone I quietly charge it. Sadly I stepped on a branch and it turned aggroeing onto me. Its arm shot out and hit me square in the chest sending me into a nearby tree. "ouch" I got up slowly but as soon as I saw another fist coming at me I quickened my pace, I jumped up and onto the arm, running along it and getting close to the "head" of the tree I jumped and slammed my sword into the trees head and falling down with my sword slicing the tree in half. I cheered inwardly but I was frightened, the one punch from the tree had done more than half my health, and that was not a good sign. I picked up the material and col the treant dropped before looking around to check that I was safe.

+1 mat

+ 70 col (14*5 =70)

ID:32929

BD:9

MD:4

LD:17

ENE 1/6 (1 regen, 4 from art)

sword art - rage spike 1*2 aoe

Astropheric 11/24 (miss)

Baby treant(4) 0/12 (5 base +1 crit * 2=12)

In my checking around to see if I was safe, I was sadly not. Behind where I had just killed the large treant was a group of 4 smaller ones. I guessed that one was like their mother or guardian or whatever. But these one were not happy. Luckily instead of their arms all shooting out they had to charge me. I was confused on how they were going to attack but I didn't wait. When they got to close I lunged and initiated my aoe sword art <<rage spike>> and hit them all in the chest immediately disintegrating them into polygons. I felt kind of bad killing the baby ones but they weren't real so I quickly got over it. I looked around once again to check if I was safe. I was, I then picked up the materials and col the baby treants had dropped.

+4 materials

+240 col ( 12 * 5=60*4=240)

ENE 2/6 (1 post oob)

ID:32930

LD:16

I walked over to another tree after grabbing my loot, and began to whack it just like the ones before, but after only my third whack the tree fell and did not disappear like the last. And after a second I received a message MATERIAL RECIEVED. I celebrated inside as it was great to prove that I could get a material from tree, and then that I had. I wondered if it was kayaba congratulating me on my killing spree that just went down, but that didn't make sense, why would he be watching me of all people. I threw the thought aside as I smiled that I had finally gotten a material from the jungle.

ENE 3/6 (2 posts oob)

ID:32934

LD:17

I walked over to another tree and began whacking it. As I did my arms began to hurt, all the whacking of tress, treants or normal, was beginning to put wear and tear on my virtual muscles, so I took a quick rest after about 10 whacks before getting back to it. After about 20 minutes the tree fell like the last and I received another material. It was awesome that my luck seemed to have increased, but I wondered for how long. This game never seemed to go this well for too long, and when it did something bad seemed to happen right after, and I planned on being ready for that.

+1 mat

Edited by Astropheric

ENE: 6/6 (3 posts oob)

HP 24/24 (3 posts oob refilled as well)

ID:32938

LD:16

I went to the next tree and began whacking it, after 5 minutes my muscles began burning again, but with this weird luck, there was no way I was going to stop. After about 10 more minutes the tree fell again, and once I again I gained a material, it was nice to be gaining them, but I started to get worried considering like I thought before nothing lasts forever, so soon this good luck could turn horrible, and I was ready, but didn't want to have to deal with it, but I continued on with my day, maybe itd happen maybe not...who knows.

+1 mat

ID:32939

LD:6

I walked over to another tree and began whacking it, my arms were still burning but I wanted to get this gathering over with quickly so I could go home. After about 20 minutes the tree hadn't even splintered at all so I knew I wasn't going to be getting a mat anytime soon. With that I turned to go to the next tree. It sucked yes, but I knew my luck wouldn't have lasted forever, especially on these stupid trees. Todays luck with them was better than the first time I had tried. but didn't seem as good as digging.

Edited by Astropheric

ID:32940

LD:14

I whacked at a new tree like I had so many times before, and whacked. After a while my muscles gave out however and I had to stop. I rested for a good 20 minutes before going back to the tree. But as soon as I hit it the tree disappeared just like some of the others. *sigh* it sucked messing up 2 in a row after succeeding so much, but whatever. The times that it worked were good enough for me, and I would soon be done anyway, just one my try before I go home, and relax.