[PP F1] Money for the Orphans

SFL is not the type of person who likes children. In fact, she is afraid of them. However, she cannot find it in her heart to simply ignore them and leave them alone to their own devices, especially in a world as dangerous as SAO.

Thankfully, there were older player in the Starter City who had decided to take them in and take care of them for the time being. However, that would only be a temporary measure. What they really needed in the long run was a place to stay in, preferably in one of the houses in the Safe Zones.

She looked around the fields and checked the partial map that she had.

Looking at her inventory, she made a quick mental calculation. Adding the donations and the contributions of other volunteer players, it would take ten days' worth of grinding, and living frugally to gather half the amount needed for a medium-sized house. She sighed. Not an easy task, but doable.

The only problem now is this: WHY ARE THE FIELDS SO EMPTY?

(OOC: Should've made this a OP thread. *sigh* I'm no good at this.)

SFL was so lost in her thoughts of the "Case of the Missing Mobs" that when she heard the voice of another player, she nearly jumped out of her skin and blurted out something that was thankfully censored by the profanity filters.

She turned around and saw another player, a female player, beside her.

"Erm, pardon?" SFL said.

"Ah. I see. Well..." SFL trailed off and looked at the fields.

"I want to grind for Col for an orphanage, but this is the only area I'm most familiar with and well, see for yourself." She said and gestured at the area. No mobs at all. "Truth be told, I have no idea how this happened."

Then, she paused in thought. "Anyways, I haven't introduced myself yet." She held out her hand, as if in a handshake. "I'm SFL. And you are?"

SFL forced herself to associate the name to her face and voice. Ah, she was never really good at names and faces.

"The forest?" She quickly opened her menu and looked at the painfully partial map of the forest. Memories of killer wasps and giant bugs came to her mind. Poison. She had to deal with poison back there. Gott, she hated that status effect. Now, she remembered why she avoided that area like the plague.

Gazing at the empty field, she sighed. She had not much of a choice now, did she? After checking her inventory if she had any antidotes - she does - he looked up to the other player sheepishly.

"Erm, do you have a more complete map of the forest?"

Listening to the girl's voice she reached into her inventory and gave her a full map of floor 1. keep it, I can always get another. she seemed to look in her bag in hopes of finding something. She remembered that the forest had monsters with poison. Don't worry about antidotes, I'll come with you. Swift had just volunteered herself to help the fellow player.

She accepted the map, promising to herself to pay back Swift once she was finished with her current task. Then, when Swift said that she was coming along, her eyes widened a little, surprised. People are not usually that kind and volunteering, especially back in the reality outside the NerveGear.

"Thank you."

(OOC: Skipping straight to the forest, if you don't mind.)

SFL marked a potential grinding spot an the map. As they walked towards the forest, she made quick notes, placing markers on landmarks and other notable areas, carefully looking back at it whenever unsure of where to go next. It was too easy to get lost in SAO, far too easy.

As soon as they have arrived in her spot of choice, she placed the map back in the inventory. It was a clearing surrounded by trees, small enough to that it only allowed only a few mobs to come at them at a time, but large enough to let the players move freely. A few feet away were a group of wasps.

"Is this a good enough spot?" She asked, then unsheathed her sword with her left hand.

SFL's hopes were not in vain. Her <> made contact. She looked at Swift, but the second wasp took her moment of distraction and attacked, stinger aimed at her face.

Battle Dice Roll: 3

1: Critical hit plus poison

2: Critical hit

3-5: Hit

6 and above: SFL dodges

She was not fast enough. The stinger grazed her shoulder. On the bright side, she doesn't have to deal with poison. Yet.

Swift: 11/11

SFL: 8/9

Wasp1: 5/5

Wasp2: 5/5

Wasp3: 3/5

(OOC: Sorry it took me so long to post.)