I know its not a sword, lance, spear, dagger, axe, mace, staves, etc. But I was wondering that if in the future that there's going to be like an Extra Skill or something of Scythes? I know that scythes wasn't in the series, but I can't help it when I am curious about something. Its not magical or anything like that, its just the fact that its a scythe. Though it could be categorized as a polearm I suppose, but still just wondering :3

Traditional gardening scythes don't really fit into any of the weapon categories because they weren't used as weapons, but war scythes could fit into either Two Handed Battle Axes or either of the spear categories given that they're basically just polearms. You could probably pass a Naginata off in the Katana weapon skill too if you wanted, and its similar enough to a war scythe. The cutting edge is just on the other side.

Otherwise I don't think there'd be much point to make an entirely new list of sword arts for them. The list we currently have suits a wide variety of builds and are well balanced, more or less.

In SAO only one individual possesses a scythe, Fatal Scythe. Aside from that instance it is made pretty clear that no category exists allowing players the usage of scythes. So I'll have to say no to this. Regarding Naginata, that is classified as a polearm weapon so you could use that if you wanted.

Edited by Zero
  • 1 month later...