[PP: F1] Origins...A Life Time Ago [Nirvana]

Boars; it was funny how the little things were so difficult to kill at the beginning, and now so more than ever since the new update to the system the players who were just now discovering themselves as competent fighters were coming out of the wood works. With the current floor boss defeated, all of Aincrad's morale seemed to be uplifted. In the City of Beginnings people shouted out the victors names, odd discounts in shops were given out, and the general populace was happy and hopeful. Opal had been watching from a distance as a small parade danced through the streets. She was wearing her casual clothing which consisted of black turtleneck and black pants. Her weapon was not on during this time, she felt comfortable enough to pass through civilization without having to arm herself on the first floor. She pressed her fingers to her lips, letting out a stream of lilac smoke as she leaned on a light pole watching with small interest as the parade passed by her vicinity. She flicked her cigarette of the petal lined ashes as they dispersed into the air. No one had noticed the woman, at least none of her friends or the ones she had left behind a several weeks ago. In such short amount of time, so many things have changed both good and bad. 

Her honey accented eyes drooped slightly, the novelty of the parade seemed to be running its course as it just seemed like a mundane passing. She shifted her weight taking another slow luxuries drag from her calming stick, the aromatic scent of lavender filling up around her personal space as she brushed the find strands of highlighted hair from her face. She gave an exhaustive sigh and wondered what she was doing in this city...Was she hoping some old friends would recognize her in hopes of rekindling something she had lost long ago? Or was she a fading memory, to be forgotten by the times? 

What could Nirvana value more than moving away from her state of utter depression? Sleep. How could she become a happy person without a necessity everyone craved. A good night's sleep. The first few nights' she'd simply cried herself into a state of nightmarish sleep, waking up to find herself trembling with fear, a cold sweat layered over warm skin, always hoping she'd never fall asleep again. Now that those nightmares had ended, all Nirvana wished for was sleep. She wanted, no, needed the out of body experience desperately and would honestly give anything she had just to rest even if only for an hour or two. Why couldn't she just force herself? The damned noise that Floor 1 created, by God it was the loudest thing her ears had ever picked up. Those screams in the beginning, who knew that idle chatter and commotion could be just as worse. And today happened to become the worse yet ever since the announcement of the Floor 11 Boss being defeated had reached every single player in Aincrad. 

So instead of lying down, attempting an action she knew would prove to be futile in the end, Nirvana rubbed once beautiful, glowing sapphire eyes that were now dull, knowing that if this hadn't been a game she'd surely have horrendous bags under them, watching the dumbest thing she'd ever allowed herself to witness. The massive parade taking place on Floor 1. Cupping her ears, finally standing and shoving past overly-excited, pestering bystanders, Nirvana groaned and made her way to the outskirts of town where one could get a good view of the parade without excessive noise. Hopefully that'd work out for her, or else she'd have to move out of the safe-zone to sleep peacefully. Right about now, her coin purse was empty, so an inn hadn't and wasn't an option, and taking residence in alleys' had sort of become tolerable for Nirvana despite how loud it got since she had no walls to protect her small form.

Stooping forward clumsily, Nirvana fell to her hands and knees, but played off the embarrassing mess-up on her part by turning to sit on her butt, leaning back and supporting her body with her hands. She wasn't exhausted, and could remain awake with ease, tiredness only crept around her menacingly for now. Her eyes scanned the surroundings, instantly falling on a woman so close she was surprised by not having not noticed her earlier. Jealousy filled Nirvana's stomach when she got a full "check-out" of the stranger's figure. She, in Nirvana's interested eyes, was completely perfect in appearance, full where her own body lacked development. Though the look in the young woman's gorgeous eyes seemed almost similar to what she'd become used to seeing in herself.

"You as bored as I am?" Nirvana wondered aloud, shifting her eyes back to the parade in the distance to keep herself from staring, flicking messy bangs out of her face.

Opal's lack luster honey like eyes moved from one part of the parade to another to catch the drift of sound coming from beside her. It was a feminine voice, perhaps she was engaging in polite conversation with someone next to her. As Opal shifted her weight, she eyed the woman closely, she looked young and hadn't seen her before. Then again the woman had been absent for a long time and was rarely seen in crowd like settings. She moved the lilac cigarette from one hand to another as the lavender scented smoke moved away from the short busty woman. 

"I guess so..." she acknowledged, now realizing her comment was aimed towards her, "I used to adore parades and such as a child. I was the first to arrive and the last to leave when things were party central, and now..." she flicked the lilac petal ashes from her calming stick and took a small drag from it, the embers glowing a dark purple as she inhaled gradually and exhaled a slow steady stream. Opal stood up to her full length, a good few inches taller than the one standing beside her, but not by much. The teen looked to be just as leggy as she was. Her honey eyes soaked in the presence of the woman and nodded, "Defeating a floor boss is normally really good news...right now though, I just don't feel like partying it up. A bit noisy as well, I imagine the celebrations to last throughout the day. My name is Opal..." 

A friendly hand came out from where she was holding herself up, her square nails decorated in black and gold as she moved her hand to shake the other. 

1NJIPK4.jpg

Nirvana mentally questioned the strange object in the other's hand, a lovely scent emitting from it that hardly lasted a few moments before the smell drifted elsewhere due to following a change in direction. It was a calming aroma, one she wished had lasted just a little bit longer, perhaps it'd be enough to allow her to drift off to sleep. Ruffling short, dark hair, Nirvana shifted her thoughts elsewhere in order to properly listen to the stranger whom she'd bothered in the first place. It'd be rude to ignore potential company. She'd stood up from the fall, right beside the other woman whom gave a satisfying answer. Her first thoughts consisted of how this stranger wasn't a complete idiot, no, and definitely not one of those enthusiastic losers that corrupted SAO in Nirvana's mind. No, not at all. "To be honest I could care less about the news, and I don't think it's worth celebrating either. Not that I don't want to get out it's just old stuff. Already happened before so whatever... Not to mention I haaatteee the noise. Can't get any damn sleep." 

Scanning the female once more, noticing that she saw a much different person than she did upon first look, Nirvana nodded in a welcoming fashion before extending her stubby arm out to lock hands with Opal. "I'm Nirvana. You seem like a cool girl, ya know?" Her hand lingered, she wanted to let the other know she was serious with her words despite how they sounded, before letting go to hook her thumbs on the inside of her shorts. "I really like what you've done with your nails~" Nirvana pointed out, wishing she could sport something like so in a confident way knowing that she'd never be able to. Fashion-wise, Nirvana enjoyed seeing others pulling off certain items but that didn't mean she could herself in the same way. Things were just complicated to her in that topic. Clearing her throat, Nirvana decided to speak again, "I have to admit that I enjoy a party now and then, that is if I'm playing the music. That's all I ever cared about when I went out, still is actually. Care if I ask why you aren't as excited as the rest of the crowd?"

"Sleep?" Opal muttered more to herself than out in the open to the female as they locked hands. Opal smiled, if only a small one to trigger she was a nice enough person to deal with for the moment. She allowed the warmth to linger for a brief moment longer before her hand dropped to her side again, "Nirvana...that is a pretty name, wouldn't by chance happen to be synonymous with a grunge band from back in the day, huh?" she gave a small laugh, allowing the humor to escape the woman for a brief moment before flicking strands of highlighted hair from her face. Her nails scraped along the surface of her hair as she moved long thick strands from her one eye as the wind picked up momentarily in the area, "I don't know about being cool, but I appreciate the compliment. You seem like a fine woman, yourself, ya know?" her eyes formed a smile with the rest of her face, Opal normally said 'ya know' exclusively to others and still did, sometimes threading it after every other sentence. It was cute to hear someone else pick up the phrase. 

Opal gave a surprised look at the comment of her nails, "Ahh, yes..." she said examining both hands, the cigarette dangled between the fingers of her left hand as the lilac lavender scent billowed around the two of them once more, "You can find these options in your menu layout under 'Vanity.' Same with the lipstick colors." she said pointing to her dull red full lips. Nirvana had explained that she enjoyed parties as well so long as she was the one playing the music, offering up the idea she was a musician. A slow drag combined with a head nod as she agreed with what Nirvana had said.

"I know a few musicians in game, Lawfer and Jomei. Do you plan on picking up that Performer Profession as well? If you are a fan of music and instruments, that might be something to investigate into. They actually have the Quest on this floor for Earning a Living. All the details are there in your player's handguide. There should be a detailed list of what you can be in there." Opal had pointed out flicking purple petals off her ciggy. 

Opal breathed through her nose from the last question, it wasn't that she wasn't excited..."I just happen to be in a very delicate position in my life right now. Its hard to enjoy much of anything. To be honest, I am not even supposed to be out here with the crowds of people. I am actually on a training hiatus with my Master. If you have met met a month ago, you would not be conversing with the same woman, I can tell you that much. But it is what it is...time changes you here, and so can the events in your life. Make sure you always keep your guard up. People will take advantage of you quickly if you let them...But you said you trouble sleeping? I'm an alchemist both here and a chemist in the real world, if you want. We can swing by Dragon's Breath and I can concoct you a remedy. Or if there is something else you'd like to do..." 

The raven haired woman didn't wanna come off too strong, "I mean...it's whatever, you seem like an easy going woman. Have you just begun getting out into the world of Aincrad?"

As Opal took the time to attempt and comprehend much of her ramble, Nirvana simply nodded once the key word "sleep" slipped from the other's mouth. She wished that just by muttering the word it'd happen, but unfortunately she couldn't control the way her body worked. Or in this situation, it'd be more like controlling the mind itself. Opal had as pretty as a smile as she appeared, or so Nirvana found herself thinking about when the woman offered one. In return, one side of her mouth curled up instinctively, that turning into a full, toothy smile upon the next comment the female put up in the air. "Hell yeah it is. My mother used to blare their music when I was in her belly, used the same tunes as my lullabies for bed, and wouldn't you know I began enjoying them when I was older as well." As Opal laughed, Nirvana's own chuckle of joy took over the sound but ceased just as suddenly since she had more to say considering the topic. "I-I um also like the definition of the word... Complete happiness, paradise, heaven, et cetera. But you're the first person to mention that. Neat."

Nirvana meant a lot when she called another person "cool", even if the word sounded as if it should be sent back to the High School generation. Certainly a blush crept onto Nirvana's face without the young woman know this fact herself, a light pink dust that anyone could pick up from a close distance. Opal reminded her much of those girls that everyone idolized around school, who anyone would pay just to talk to or earn praise from. Except she was real, kind, seemingly smart, and humorous. That was a huge different that set her apart from the rest. "So I've been told..." A lie. Not once had Nirvana been called "a fine woman" in the entirety of her life. Too reckless, too wild, a delinquent that hung with a bad crowd. Those are thing she'd been told, and until now... maybe she thought these were true. 

An apparent frown forming on her face, Nirvana jumped when Opal's word passed through her mind once more. This frown turned into a smirk due to realizing her own naive ways. "You've got to be kidding me. That's crazy, I hardly even knew about the inventory yesterday but now learning about this is astonishing. I really need to learn more about games." She shook her head, mentally face-palming. "Whaa? Professions... I dunno. I hate work." All of the information absorbed slowly into Nirvana's head, and she mentally noted to try and take a day to just work through the guides and systems of SAO. "But I'll definitely give it a try. Maybe it'll give me an excuse to wear hot clothes. I'll be a customer attraction~" Going off into her own little world, Nirvana made sure to listen carefully to Opal this time around. The air around them had gotten a tad serious.

She gulped, feeling guilty for being the person that'd trick others during their weakest moments. Had people done things to her? Or maybe training was just that rough? Suddenly, Nirvana's throat went dry along with the cavern of her mouth. She didn't want to change, not ever. Nirvana simply couldn't imagine herself any different and felt herself grow numb just thinking about that. Wasn't this game... well, wasn't it just a game? Rubbing the temples of her head in circular motions, Nirvana took deep breathes before nodding like she had before. "Sorry. Got sleepy." Another lie, she'd really have to stop that or else it'd become a habit. But she didn't want the other to worry about her, so this time it'd been necessary. "But you really don't know how much I'd love that. It's been so long since I've slept more than 30 minutes at a time, or even got a good rest if it lasted more than that. Maybe it's me... maybe it's th-"

Caught in another ramble, Nirvana ceased to speak because she felt rude for going on about her own issues when Opal seemed to have some of her own. These things, they probably didn't even matter that much to her. She might've just been trying to be friendly. "Uh, yes and no? I went out the other day for material collecting and got a guy to buy me some armor in the future, but we're friends anyways. I've been in a fight and afterwards asked on a date. Spiced up my mouth with a super hot pepper cause a dumb dare, but ended up meeting friends. I've met pretty men, and nowadays people can find me talking to women who are just as good-looking~" Nirvana summed up her last few adventures in SAO with a compliment heading towards the other's way. "In all seriousness, though, I haven't fought monsters yet and plan on taking this rock quest to earn the Martial Arts skill. Oh, Opal," She paused before speaking again, waiting for the attention. "I'll take you up on that offer."

Opal nodded and smirked, trying to keep up with the quick fire responses of the woman and finally laughed, laughed like she haven't done in a long, long time. It was there, somewhere, emotion that could be felt and become tangible once more, even if for a brief moment Opal felt...like herself before the death of her soul. Nodding her head in reaction to Nirvana's reply to Opal's offer, she leaned off the small little pillar and flicked the cigarette away from her body as it crashed into digital data and letting out the remnants of the lavender smoke from her mouth. 

"Alright, well. If we plan on stopping by Dragon's Breath it's going to be on the other side of this parade, which is super cool since we don't have to deal with the noise over there. However, my shop is located near the hustle and bustle of the Market District, but I have a neat shop. I think you'll enjoy it. Opal gestured to Nirvana to follow her as well as bringing up her own menu, "Here, this is for you..." Opal said flicking one of her dressed up nails towards Nirvana. It was the Floor 1 Map data, a good 95% of which was mapped out. But as well as an attachment to this data were quick and easy ways to get to certain locations, "That's map data of the first floor. I have it mostly mapped out after spending a lot of time on this floor. Also I included some routes I use for more efficient traveling to different places. You will be walking a lot in this city and its easy to get lost as there are several Market Districts each within a region of the city..." Opal looked towards Nirvana, hopefully not confusing her with all the small details. 

Popping the joints in her fingers, Opal offered another smile flicking away her menu and gesturing once more, "There are a lot of nice shops on the first floor. A lot of people set up shop here because it's the main commerce area since we only have the first dozen floors unlocked. It might be the Town of Beginnings or whatever, but it's still the busiest city in all of Aincrad, and you can find just about anything here if you keep a sharp eye." Opal had emphasized anything, there were some people who did what others would call immorale...but it was there if you wanted part of that kind of action. Opal had been part of that scene as well when she first started out, she had no other way to survive but to use her body for such demoralizing things...but it kept her safe for the most part. She shuddered at her past and continued walking down the street as they drew further and further away from the noise. The parade was a nice distraction for most of the general populace as the crowds of people were not flooding the streets in droves. 

"Also if there is anything of interest you see of note, feel free to ask if you have any questions. I am not sure how much of this place you have seen, but it can be staggering to know how big it really is." 

Hearing Opal enjoy herself around an exhausted, yet happy Nirvana was rather pleasurable seeing as her earlier thoughts of the other woman consisted of awful things happening to her due to being stuck in the game. And even if that were true, Opal had mastered hiding this fact but perhaps for the greater good. "Sounds good to me." She shrugged, perfectly fine with skipping the annoyingly loud crowd. It'd be best to avoid headache inducing situations for now. "Hm?" A slight tilt of the head indicated curiosity once Nirvana received a confusing looking item from Opal. It took a while to decipher the map inside of her head, but once the light bulb hit her Nirvana nodded and accepted the item graciously. "That'll be sooo helpful. I appreciate it." Now she wouldn't have a problem with traveling town which had become a daily ritual. Navigating wouldn't be an issue, and if she got someone to do her dirty work than Nirvana could easily tell them where to go digging. A huge weight lifted from her chest with these thoughts swirling about in her mind.

"Anything?" Nirvana raised a brow, feeling a small smirk grow on her face. The way Opal put it surely sounded intimidating to the young woman, and she wouldn't admit that her mind drifted off to not-so-decent places. Plenty of odd players roamed SAO, though, so maybe the idea of there being even more strange places wasn't as weird as she let herself believe. Aside from an overwhelming amount of thoughts, Nirvana could feel her head clearing with every step away from the parade they made. It was certainly a nice feeling, one she hadn't felt in a while. "I'll keep an eye out. I'm sure there'll be something I see around here with all of the players I run into." Shifting sapphire eyes to take a look at the woman walking beside her, Nirvana couldn't help but ask a question that'd been on her mind since she'd first laid eyes on her newest acquaintance. "So was that a cigarette or something from earlier? It smelled amazing but I didn't think you could have stuff like that in a game to be honest."

Casual conversation was nice every once in awhile, Opal had forgotten what that was like. Especially the last week or so as Master Myoga was lethargic most of the time due to his health problems. The woman was now more alone than anything else, continuing her training solo for that's all she could do for right now until his status improved. With her head picking up towards her new friend, Opal gave a small low laugh, her dark cherry lips twisting into a small afterwards and her honey expressive eyes shifting back towards her companion, "I was a horrible chain smoker back in the real world. In my line of work it was stressful day in and day out in the university but we always did things for the greater good no matter how hard or difficult to seems. I chose alchemy based on my profession there, and I was given the idea from a friend I haven't seen in awhile, you have no idea how bad cravings for addiction can be in the mind. Its always there until the feeling is sedated. I was able to carefully alchemize a tobacco like plant with special properties of lavender to give it a more robust floral smell rather than burning ash added with a soothing calming sensation for the mind. However, it leaves the taste to be something desired for. I believe the next time I get around to it, I'll be creating a more citrus flavor...something like the common day vapor cigs. But yes, depending on the profession you eventually go with, you can do some amazing things with items..."

Opal had explained the procedure leaving out the more minute details of the entire process. The woman had lifted her arms up into the sky stretching and yawning lightly, it was a fact that Opal had not been sleeping at all recently as much as she would have like. Horrible nightmares that constantly abrupt her sleeping pattern graciously overpower her dreams every night. Even now the sounds of creaking doors and small trickles of exposed light can send the woman into small fits of panic. While she was working on improving herself, the fact remained that she was still damaged goods to a degree. Shifting her arm out and pointing, "Just ahead is the Market District. Just about anything you could ever want can be found here within this location. Of course each player has a rank in their profession as well allowing them the ability to make more in a day or become luckier in making perfect items, which many players use. Not a lot of people run around using uncommon and rares, especially when materials can be easy to get for some players. These players also tend to have a more dedicated builds to farming mobs for Col and Mats. Speaking of...Most shops located here accept materials as payments for their items. SInce you need mats to create a those said items and depending on what you want, you'll be forking over a nice bunch of mats to get an item. Not to mention if you pick up a profession, you'll want to save some yourself so you can craft your own as well."

That was long and taxing explanation of the system, and she had a feeling the woman to her right had known much about these things already. Perhaps she was merely just chatting to keep from creating an awkward moment of silence. 

Being an athlete of sorts, Nirvana couldn't imagine ever smoking in her life. Even when in a group of bad influences that could break her, she'd never succumbed to peer pressure when it came to lighting up. The thought of tobacco unsettled her stomach usually but since the smell had been nice and calming, something she happened to be very grateful for less she desired to become sick, the lavender scent hadn't bothered her at all. Neither did the fact that Opal enjoyed a cigarette or two, because not everyone enjoyed the same things and Nirvana knew that accepting others was mandatory throughout life. "Didn't you mention you were a chemist earlier?" Nirvana paused, allowing Opal to answer. "I'd probably never survive college, or ever be smart enough to accomplish such a great job... or even get a decent one for that matter." She kicked at the ground, crossing both arms over her chest. "I can understand. I'm a sucker for attention. It may not seem like an addiction, oh but it is. And I always mess up somehow because of it." A small grin plastered itself onto her face because Nirvana knew she would never be able to let go of the small addiction that nearly ruled her life at times. She would never be able to get enough. "Mmm, citrus sounds good. Lemme know when you concoct that, alright? I wanna smell it." Nirvana changed the air, the one she'd created, from a tad depressing to a more lighthearted mood. Honestly, she hadn't meant to bring Opal down with her negativity, but there were plenty of things that'd be best if removed from the weight she had to bare. Who else could she trust in this very moment?

Her eyes became stuck on Opal's form as she yawned, and the urge to do so as well became too strong. Nirvana yawned, then shook her head. "Those are always contagious." She pointed out with a childish expression painting her dainty face. Feeling the same way, Nirvana hoped this idea of Opal's would work out for the both of them. All she wanted was a little sleep. Peaceful sleep at that. 

The information provided was far more helpful to a newbie like Nirvana than anybody would ever truly understand. She hadn't realized you could even have professions in a petty game, let alone craft and the such. Still, she wasn't as interested as her curious face let off, but Nirvana listened anyways just in case she changed her mind one day. Wishful thinking, really, but not completely pointless either. If her brothers' were here now, they'd laugh at her for being such an naive idiot. Her thoughts were brought back to the realization of how much she wanted COL in her coin purse, and materials in her inventory to flaunt at any time. She'd nearly forgotten her dreams of being in control of others, on top of everyone else simply because she knew she had more riches than they. But now her dream had been brought back to life, and with that Nirvana smirked because she felt her heart beat pick up a little. "Duly noted. This is all helping a lot. Believe it or not, I had no idea about any of this information. I've never played a game in my life, honestly, and I'd rather not be here. But if I'm gonna be stuck in Aincrad for a while, might as well learn the rules. Right?" She yawned once more as it'd escaped her with the last word she spoke, this time for a much longer period of time. "Don't make fun of me. I might have to take you down if you do~" Nirvana added, feeling as if a little joking was in order to improve the overall moral of their conversation. And she found herself behaving far too serious to be considered normal, and it was an odd feeling.

"Mmm, six years at a university and also working as an aid there. I was a bubbly woman at college, social butterfly, a bit on the slutty side as well. College is fun, its not as tough as it seems or appears to be. And I don't wanna make it sound like I am tooting my own horn or anything, but I was just naturally gifted with science information and the like..so I wasn't really paying attention to my classes. And I mostly partied out with my friends got wasted at frat parties was a sorority sister.... I don't show any of that smart stuff here because...most people are just average, not saying that its bad, but if I go into some mumbo jumbo about something their face just goes blank...." Opal smiled remembering her past, then felt ill for remember that past as well. There was some good treasure hidden in those memories, but that Opal was dead, she couldn't think of doing anything like that anymore.

She looked back towards Nirvana, giving a small pouty face, "Yeah, sorry. I am in the same boat with you as far as not sleeping well at night. My own potions don't seem to work on me, but they work on everyone else, which is good. Also, you should never under rate yourself. If there is something you wanna do, you should go out and do it. No matter who says otherwise. I know that sounds like something that is always repeated or posted up on a bulletin board or something, but if you keep your head up..You can achieve anything you want. You just have to get up and get it, ya know?" 

They continued walking down the street a billow of black smoke now coming around the area into the sky as the blacksmith area was coming into view, "Ahh, the sound of the smithy hammer against the anvil. Still a lot better than the noise of that parade. You said you were going to take the Martial Arts quest, right? When you are done with that you might wanna swing by either a Blacksmith or a Tailor shop, depending on the build you are going for and the type of enhancements you need,  might need a good pair of hand wraps or gauntlets for extra damage. A lot of people here go for DPS builds or Tank builds, some hybrid as well. And there are a few niche builds specific for other things too. Just depends on what you are comfortable with doing." Opal stopped to take a look at a nice looking sword in the display case outside a window and pointed to it, "That looks pretty. I use Katanas myself. But a woman can appreciate a nice looking blade these days...BUT...if you are looking for cute and sexy clothes, there is a wide range of tailor shops in the next area as well."

Opal noticed a longer yawn from her new friend just a moment ago and her phrase of taking her down, Opal's lips stretched into a toothy smile. "I would certainly like to see you try, Sug. You are looking at a Kunoichi and Samurai warrior. I just might accidentally hack off that pretty little head of yours..." Opal laughed while pointing to herself about her training.

"Woa...that was a bit morbid, huh? Hahaha, don't worry though. I won't hurt you. I would never do something like that to friends. But maybe I can give you another potion as well, to help adrenalize you a bit. I am sure though once you take my sleeping drought, and get plenty of rest, you'll be right as rain without the yawning."  

"Your definition sounded exactly how I'd imagine myself. We should party together sometime, I mean, casual and comfortable... not all crazy since you did mention that you've changed. As friends." The speed of Nirvana's words picked up before she could control them, and she had to adjust to what would seem to be Opal's new preferences in life. If she'd been a party girl before, and mention being a different woman in the past, then maybe partying wasn't her thing. And not just today, but every day. Awkwardly, Nirvana scratched the back of her neck while lowering her head to pretend as if the ground beneath the two had been the most interesting thing she'd seen all day. She would rather not allow Opal to catch her embarrassment. "Like this?" Her head perked up once more as soon as the pink tint of her cheeks faded. A cross-eyed, plain-jane, straight-mouthed expression made its way to Nirvana's face as Opal described the many who weren't intelligent or kind enough to be able to keep up, or pretend to be able to, with her chemistry chatter. With a wink, the silly look faded and returned to Nirvana's usual laid-back appearance. "Just kiddin'. If you ever wanna ramble on about something, even if I don't understand it, I promise I'll do my best and listen. No blank faces here." Honestly, Nirvana would be there and try to keep up with Opal's take if the situation ever occurred, but she definitely wouldn't be able to listen seriously the whole time even if she tried her hardest. Things that were of no value to her seemed to pass right through the head of the young woman, and out the ears. But if a friend needed her then she'd at least be there with them.

"Aww, well damn. That's just awful! I'd get really angry if I saw it being effective on everyone else but me." Opal's expression made Nirvana smile, though the tone lacing her words couldn't be any more different. They were serious mixed with a tad bit of concern for the woman's well-being. Though, the little speech allowed her mind to venture away from worries about the other, to worries about herself. It wasn't often that Nirvana would care about someone else, but today was obviously an exception. Or perhaps Opal was what made her change? She simply nodded but kept those words fresh in her mind less she ever desire motivation.

Finally taking a fine scan of her surroundings, Nirvana was surprised how far they'd gotten without her realizing the fact. All around were shops, entrepreneurs, consumers, and in between of it all were the duo heading for the place where Alchemy shops resided. Really, the game was an amazingly realistic thing that happened to be equally as beautiful... but the hatred for video games covered the nice, warm feelings for SAO with disgust and an uncaring attitude for the scenery. "Yup." She responded. "I was actually told to get some before-hand so the quest is easier. But mama needs money first. Still working on that part." Patting the coin purse attached to the belt she currently had equipped, Nirvana yearned to fill the pouch up enough so the satisfying "cling cling" noise would follow her with every step. But to earn COL, one must do work which she wasn't willing to ever even attempt. "Well I chose a war-hammer... and a shield would be pretty cool with it I guess. Still don't know what I'll be, but I know I wanna choose somethin' cool. Or at least a build that fits me." 

The sword attracted her sapphire eyes now drawn to the perfect weapon in display. "Woah-ho-ho. Compared to that, my beginner weapon is a load of freaking crap." Nirvana giggled, feeling embarrassed at her lack of attractive weaponry, but thinking that the idea of her with such a basic little weapon was laughable. "Does a Katana take two hands to maneuver? Or one?" She questioned, squinting at the sword for a split-second before the two continued walking. "Cute and sexy? Now we're talkin'~" Nirvana rubbed her hands together in excitement. "I already have sexy armor on its way, but the more the better. Can't wait to see what I look like in it. Not that I'm anything other than stunning~" That one little arrogant sentence always seemed to be a necessity to the young woman, she just had to go overboard or else she wasn't herself. 

"Gah~ Really?" She felt jealousy burn in the pit of her stomach when Opal mentioned her skills. "I've taken several forms of Martial Arts, even fought a little on the side, but I'm no warrior. We should spar sometime... no skills or nothin'." A thin finger brought itself in the air, pointing out the last few words of her sentence. Skills would enhance natural ability, which wouldn't be fair. But some skills couldn't be thrown to the side, so Nirvana would allow Opal to answer and see how her offer played out. "Are you kidding? It was perfect! I promise not to get on your bad side, like, ever. But hey, another badass woman in this game isn't a bad thing. It would make two of us after all." Blinking a few times, a heavy weight settled itself over Nirvana's entire body. "I-I forgot how tired I was." Cue another long, annoying yawn. "I'm sure someone as smart as you will be 100 percent correct."

"Mm, yeah two handed weapon. You need a rank in curved weapons before hand and also take on a special event to fully have it unlocked. And oh! I'm glad to hear that. I am sure whoever is smithing that out for you it'll look wonderful on ya. And if you want to spar, I suppose we could do that...though..." Opal looked the woman over, "You might wanna level up a little...Even in a duel...you can still overkill your opponent...And I am not in the business of glorifying in someone's blood." Opal offered a half smile and soon they were leaving behind the bulk of the black billowing smoke clouds behind them and moving towards the Alchemist Section. 

Opal had been a little quiet as that awkward silence started filling up between the two as they walked steadily along the trail. The raven haired beauty had no idea what to talk about next, she was at a complete loss with this conversation thing. She cleared her throat lightly and started to move through her menu, her fingers gliding over a friend request form and shuttling it over to Nirvana, "If you should ever need my help with something, I would like for you to ask for me. It just makes it easier for friends to contact one another. Ya know...or if you ever wanna hang out again, or if you need a potion or two for something else... Ugh [censored] me, I am totally clueless when it comes to this conversation stuff. It used to be so easy for me to talk to anyone, now I am like in Bitch Mode all the time and people just kinda...look at me differently..." Opal had explained that she was attempting to be friendly, or something along those lines. It was true though, a month and a half held up in a temple with barely anyone but an old man to talk to was some hardcore hermit living. Though she was given the opportunity to train outside the walls of the temple with Lawfer and then Kalesh...but that was it. Other than those two, she had yet spoken to anyone else, none of her friends or any acquaintances. She gave a low audible sigh, shifting her hand and tousling the dark strands.

"Almost at my shop...Its funny you mention you like Nirvana as the band, I am a big time alt girl as well, was even into Pagan [censored] when I was a teenager, still do, not so much anymore. But wait till you get a load of my shop, I have this funky ass satanic like alter in the back with a pentagram and skull and the black candles...Oddly enough, I think I had only one customer like...ever. Hahaha, but I keep it closed down most of the time. There are a lot of fantastic alchemists in the area, I only work to craft items I need for myself, or some close friends I owe favors to...."

Opal had stopped in front of a shop not much different than anything else you would have seen. The inside was dark and seemed to be boarded up with chains and a lock, the sign read Dragon's Breath and Opal's lips curved into a smile before looking back at Nirvana, "Ready for this?"    

Nirvana felt like she'd learned more during the short time she'd spent speaking with Opal so far than she was taught during school years. Plenty of information had been given, and she wouldn't be surprised if there happened to be more, but Nirvana found these few facts and lessons of the game rather easy to remember and even easier to perform. Well... most of them were that way, at least. "Seems like a lot of work. You must have been working real hard. It'll be a little bit before we spar but I'll be ready, believe me." Nirvana smirked, winking in Opal's direction. "It better. I expect an amazing job if I'm gonna spend COL on something that'll assist me an a quest I actually care about for once. Anyone you recommend for a first-timer? As a blacksmith I mean." Districts seemed to change quickly, as if Nirvana was missing out on so much because she wasn't taking the sweet time to venture the land, but the young woman knew this was hardly true. It only felt that way. She'd definitely have to come back one day, alone. Not that Opal's company wasn't great. In fact, Nirvana was enjoying herself at the moment. Thus why the woman's next statement surprised her.

"Whaaa? Opal, don't be silly." She nudged the other with an elbow after graciously accepting the polite friend request with a tap and smile. "You're just fine when it comes to socializing. I mean, I'm still here and that means a lot... no kidding. I would have left if you weren't interesting a long time ago. Honestly, you don't even have to speak. Silence can be a virtue. But if I'm a bore just say so and I'll start talkin' more." Nirvana felt a tad guilty. Perhaps she was the one not speaking enough to amuse Opal and the other took the feeling out on herself? Whatever the reason, she wanted to assure her friend that everything going on was a-okay. "Hey... Bitch or not I'd be glad to hang with you any day. I have a girl crush on you, honestly." Nirvana chuckled, staring into Opal's eyes with a look that indicated she meant business. "The kind where you'd basically do anything to be that person's friend. Ya know? You're such a catch... Haven't you noticed this yet?" Opal is about 100 times more humorous, fun, and just better overall than all the other female friends she's had up to now, to an amused Nirvana. If cheering her up or reminding the other woman of her immense coolness then she'd try her best at being friendly instead of lashing out since the other didn't realize these things. "If anyone looks at you weird just let me know. I'll shove a fist down their mouth and foot up their ass~" 

Mouth open in shock, Nirvana felt adrenaline surge throughout her body at the description of the shop. She put both thumbs up in the air and flashed pearly white teeth in approval that concluded with a nod of the head. "No kidding? We're almost one in the same, I swear. Man! I bet your shop is sooooo badass! Can't wait to get a look at it, creepy [censored] is the best~ Reminds me a guy I knew that introduced me to culture like that. I was never one for anything like it... but I met some interesting characters along the way." Her thoughts now consisted of memories of a better time, one where she just began making friends with those who were "emos" and "goths". They were a darker and less popular crowd than she was used to, but far more fun and dangerous which added to the ultimate experience.

"Sounds like a good plan to me. I feel like getting hounded with customers would get annoying after a while. The shop would become a burden. You've got it made." Nirvana admired Opal's decision for her shop and pondered about doing the same. But then again... lots of COL would be nice right about now. And every day. Her new friend's sudden stop caused Nirvana to skid and move back a few steps only to stand before their designated location. "Name choice... Approved. I like." With the next question, Nirvana already knew her answer. She'd known it for a long time now. "Hell yeah! Let's get in there!"

A lengthy arm rose from as her digits pushed through the silky ebony hair on her head as she wondered about who would make a good choice as the blacksmith for handwraps, "I suppose it would depend if you want gauntlets or leather wraps. Gauntlets for a Blacksmith, or you can go by a tailor and get leather hand wraps. If tailor, I would say Ariel, though she can be a bit on the pricey side if you are looking for a Perfect item. As far as Blacksmiths go, well there was a few shops back down that way. Mack is the leader of the Crimson Blades, but I have not heard word from him in awhile, normally he sets up the newbies who go to his shop, and he'll more than likely ask you if you'd want to join his guild." Opal chuckled lightly, swinging her arm upwards again and pressing the ebony hair from her honey discs. 

"But they all pretty much do the same thing. If you ever need some help getting started with some materials or col, you let me know and I'll help you out." the woman looked towards her friend with a nod and the ever graceful red lips curving into a smile. The woman was tapped on the elbow from the female pugilist about the anti social vibe she was giving off, it was good to know she still had the conversation skills to go with the flow and Opal was happy to know the woman was not bored of her company. Opal's eyes were drawn to Nirvana's when she mentioned a girl crush, Opal almost snorted out a laugh, her cheeks blossoming a light tint of red, "Well, if this was the real world, we'd be exchanging some digits then wouldn't we? I don't mind female companions, I didn't have a preference back in college...I mean, women knew who they were, ya know? So they knew how to please other women." She gave a similar nudge to Nirvana after that last statement before, "Yes, I have noticed. I already had one guy proclaim his love to me, another I have been seeing on and off for awhile, and the handful of men I have slept with since my start in the game. So I know I can work my womanly charms if needed...But.." the darkness of her hair collected back in front of Opal's eyes once more and she had yet to bother to fix that portion of her hair looking back as if remembering an intense scenario, "It's not worth it anymore...There is a new path I have chosen, and men and relationships are not part of that path right now. Maybe in the future...but right now, I have different goals to achieve." 

Opal looked towards Nirvana giving a friendly nod now once staring at the sign Opal held up a hand for the chained door to come undone. Pushing her way inside, Opal and Nirvana took a step inside. It was just as she had left, the room was filling with a strange yet pleasingly calm aroma that just put the mind at ease. There were several sections in the shop relating to anything from combat related items to non combative and vanity items for anyone to use. The floor was made of a creaky wooden floor and there seemed to be a ghastly black mist hanging around in the rafters of the store.

"Err...maybe I forgot to mention...during my time brewing up some potions, I may or may not have released a demonic entity from the bowels of the underworld here...Just..watch your step, Sug. But this is it. It's actually not much, I really should redecorate the place. As I said earlier, its normally not open for business. There are so many great alchemists already, I just use this place as a means to a workshop for private items and to give items to friends. Speaking of...if you wish to follow me..." 

Opal led Nirvana towards the counter and plucked out a seemingly innocent enough potion vial that was swirling with a mysterious phizzy purple liquid inside, "My own specialized Sleeping Drought. Now, you should take this right before you go to bed and somewhere safe away from mobs. So an Inn would be the best idea...It'll give you a full eight uninterrupted hours of sleep, no matter what. You will mostly be dead to the world until those eight hours are up. I have been working on a potion that lasts longer, but the after effects could be pretty bad healthwise. But that should do the trick, it is relatively safe. I have a few essences as well if you'd like to try one of those..."

Opal handed Nirvana 1 Sleeping Drought and then pointed to a small little section nearby that housed her Essence Auras, "These are just for aesthetic purposes. Before you go into battle, you drink one of these and you will have crazy spirit animal aura that will waft around you. I've been working on elements too, I have a dark and holy aura as well. No one has tried any of these yet, and I am sure you might get a few stares when you engage in battle and you are over flowing with a strange aura around your body. You are free to take one if you'd like. Or if you want something else, I can make one up for you right now. I have a spare vial handy in the back." 

Opal had pointed towards the back of her shop, clearly there was a massive satanic altar in the back, the ground carved in the shape of a pentagram with a skull an d surrounded with black candles, "That's my teleport device to go down to the basement. I try to make this place very witchy like, even have my own witch costume I wear around when this place was open."