[PP-F3] A Different Kind of Enlightenment (Nirvana)

I rapidly tapped on the counter of the Diner, sincerely hoping something would happen.  Hikari sat on top of my head, squeaking quietly as she struggled to keep herself from falling asleep.  Thankfully, I was prepared to catch her, had she succumbed to her drowsiness.  I, myself, was beginning to drift off, but I willed myself to stay awake. A customer... Should... Come so... Soo...

"Oh, screw it!" I shouted, thumping the counter loudly and causing Hikari to jump before eliciting a highly unimpressed squeak.  I was going to take a stroll around town to see if I could find something of interest.  I flicked through my menus and equipped my coat as I strolled out the door, instinctively reaching back and flipping around my sign to the 'closed' side.  However, it was not long before I felt my shoulder bump into someone else's.  Hikari fell from my head, and I barely caught her in time before she hit the ground.  Relieved, I spun around and looked to the stranger I collided with. "Apologies.  I probably should have looked where I was going." I apologized to the girl with the red hair streak.

Did I mention she was a cute girl with a red hair streak?  No?  Well, there you have it.

Floor 3 was... considerably more quiet than Floor 1 and for that Nirvana was entirely grateful. She'd up and skipped Floor 2 just because the landscape hadn't appealed to her in any way, in fact all she could think about when Medieval times were brought up happened to be their gruesome methods of uncanny public torture. Just the thought of the images she'd researched for a project in Junior High sent a shiver down her spine. Perhaps that was an odd reason not to go somewhere, but it was reason enough for her in the long run.

Compared to the noise she'd experienced, this place was basically Heaven. Not to mention how lovely the sights were. This did not enhance her love for the game in the least, she still hated SAO and would hate video games for all of eternity after such an awful experience. Only those who weren't in their right mind would pick up a controller or hook up another console after getting out. Deep in thought, most definitely not positive ones', Nirvana hardly noticed when her shoulder had been roughly connected with another. It wasn't until she heard the voice of another, snapping her from a daze, that Nirvana decided to turn. 

She shrugged, not really caring all to much about something she didn't even notice happen. "It's whatever. You don't have to say sorry. As far as I know everyone in the crowd shoves like they don't care, a bunch of bitches really." A frown planting itself onto her face, Nirvana crossed her arms over her chest idly, sapphire eyes scanning the male before her. He had odd hair but she liked it nonetheless. A handsome face, too. "Still, you should've been paying attention. Who knows what innocent-looking people on the street can do~ And... honestly, your apology was pretty weak." She couldn't help but be a tease, it's always amusing to see the reactions of others to Nirvana who simply acted this way for the fun of it.

I scratched the back of my head as the black haired girl shrugged off the apology. Rude, much?! However, I kept a straight face. "Yes, it does seem the masses are terribly impatient with their travel." I agreed, nodding my head as I propped the rather alarmed Hikari upon my shoulder. The poor girl was still dozing off, however. My eyes swiftly gave the girl the up-and-down. I could only come up with a single word for her attire and the lack of good attitude she had displayed so far; typical bad girl.That is not to say I dislike bad girls - I mean, I am crushing on Opal, am I not? - but bad girls who lived up their name accomplished nothing more than pissing me off. I elicited a weak chuckle when the girl teased the possibility of an innocent-looking player nicking me of something. "I guess you are right in that." I agreed once more, scratching my chin lightly. However, I finally gave a genuine laugh when she called my apology 'weak'. "Is that so?" I asked, before kindly extending a hand to her. "The name's Grave."

Such formal talk coming from another was fairly odd, especially to Nirvana whom had a small, and far from decent at times, vocabulary. Honestly, she couldn't tell whether that shiver traveling down her spine came from the fact that she was a tad creeped out or enjoyed how he spoke. "I kinda was being a hypocrite though. I do get annoyed when people are in my way and I'm out to do something, but the least someone could do is excuse themselves or apologize like you did." The negative atmosphere remained, but the thoughts she'd been conjuring up from before that'd put a damper in her high moral were gone for the meantime. "Maybe it was a good thing we bumped shoulders because I'm feeling a Hell of a lot better now." Propping a hand up on the left side of her hips, Nirvana formed a small smirk while a mischievous look flickered behind the sapphire color of her eyes. "You should feel better too, knowing you've met me~" Tone laced with slight arrogance, but mostly a teasing sound, Nirvana brushed messy bangs to the side with a flick of the head.

"Eh. I've seen better." She replied with an unsatisfied response. Really, Nirvana could care less whether or not someone apologized like she'd hinted at before, but playing with people proved to be a lot more fun in the virtual world rather than the real one. Maybe it was because everyone felt much more safe, or became naive prey among the much stronger predators. Whatever it was, Nirvana found she could easily get her way or tease another without much work at all. "Not surprising." Wasn't she always right? She winked in his direction before holding out her hand. The name was odd, and would most likely leave a bitter taste in her mouth upon using it due to the fact of what graves reminded her of. Death. The cruelest fate mankind could ever suffer from. "Depressing username choice since you seem the exact opposite. I'm Nirvana." Nirvana let go after offering a strong handshake, gently letting go because she wanted to see Grave's reaction to her fingers brushing against his hand as the two pulled away. "Who's that, then? You don't see an animal on a man's shoulder every day. Unless you're at the zoo..." She laughed and shook her head, pointing to the familiar on Grave's body. "Just joking. I really wanna know."

• 2 weeks later...

"It is only natural for people to become agitated when others are in the way when they are in a hurry." I agreed, reminiscing over past experiences back in the real world. "I oftentimes find myself just wishing to barge through the masses... but I tend to keep my cool nonetheless." I admitted, chuckling. When she mentioned that she felt better, I realised that it certainly shone some form of light upon my day. "I get what you mean... it certainly did lighten me up some-" But before I could finish, she added a brash comment, not unlike many others I had made in the past. I could help but snigger. "I guess only time will tell. I do look forward to finding that out myself." I replied slyly, an impish grin across my visage. This girl seemed to be rather interesting...

I printed a mock scowl across my face when the girl mentioned she had seen better. "No doubt you have." I complained in jest, before grin forced its way back; it was difficult to not keep it around this player. I was surprised when she commented on my name. "Well, that was my exact point you see... but you are actually the first person to bother stating that fact with out my prompting." I informed her. "Nirvana... enlightenment. Quite a name for the situation. It is a pleasure to meet you." I greeted her, showcasing my knowledge of the English language. When Nirvana's hand brushed mine as she let go, a light shiver ran up my spine, and I refrained from grabbing her hand again; that would prove somewhat awkward. She motioned to the apparent zoo animal upon my shoulder, and I grinned. "This is my familiar, Hikari, a Weasel Mage." I reached up and gave the animal a light scratch on the head. "She often assists with my cooking... she is not exactly the best at making dishes, to be honest," Hikari gave a squeak of disapproval, "but she is getting there." I informed Nirvana, awaiting her response.