I admit a good reason I'm posting this is for my own interests but this is an issue others looking to do so for the first two parts and EVERYONE for the other 2 will have to deal with. Immersion is the goal here so for accuracy's sake and not letting this blow up in our faces I'm starting the conversation.

So in order of the topics name. Crafting near as I can talk we have roughly 5 merchants skills (granted I could be wrong) they are Smithing, Tailoring, Alchemy, Appraisal, and I think there's a skill for playing the Merchant itself. For execution of the skill I think the dice roll method will work wonderfully for starting out but I do admit as your skill level goes up that does worry me. So maybe at "Master" level if you get 1-2 the thing fails? I wanted to talk about that. There is one other thing about crafting but that's part of the last topic.

The next 2 topics go together because they have a common point: Space. For merchants in the early stages we'll use a special mat (not sure how we get it buts another issue) but I'm pretty sure crafters will need work stations (anvil, sowing table(?), etc.) the next issue is something the novel kind of made a big deal about exhaustion ALL characters will need to sleep at some point so should we make a rule that after so much time and posts have passed they must find a place to rest. I'd like to also point out inns and homes aren't the only places we can rest.

Hungers more a durability thing considering we need food so I brought it bring it up too. Same rule for sleeping applies here too?

Equipment and items should probably have a thread of its own but still its zeroes back here and if we need to we'll create a new thread. Should we just make up whats reasonable and add it out journal with the system giving us stuff of its own creation. Also for crafting should we see about getting cheap mobile workstations for use? On another note and here things get somewhat awkward but for equipping there's a 3-quality detail that might be need to be dealt with I refuse to touch it beyond this but if you PM me I'll tell you.

So for the sake of working on all this I'm bringing it up. Your thoughts?

The rest thing is pretty interesting. Before Kirito could afford a house, it seemed like he spent his nights in inn rooms, like most people. I'm guessing regular returns to the city would be made unless you were willing to risk yourself

As for skills and inventory size, inventory size being treated like a skill may be cool. Or item-dependent, with access to more storage for moolahs by getting a bigger 'bag' and whatnot?

My thoughts on how skills should level are still about the same... through some kind of system where you allot points from leveling up/RP. I'd rather not some saint have to spend weeks developing specific stats and such for every single skill, but if we could just RP things out from having a description of what a skill can do at each proficiency level, it would work for me!

My thoughts on how skills should level are still about the same... through some kind of system where you allot points from leveling up/RP.

Aside from a starter skill or two, skills are obtained through quests, and the skills themselves don't need to be leveled since the battle system (put into the tutorial just today) only uses skills to activate or not. Skill quests would be available on different floors, which would mean that you have to be lvl 20 to access the quest on that floor, etc, so people have to work for them via rp to obtain more skills.

If we want to implement crafting, we could have some of the skill quests involve multiple steps, including crafting items. We could totally create a crafting system for this.

For things like hunger/durability/sleep, it seems like it'd be a lot of hassle to keep track of : x And roleplaying having to sleep seems a bit bland. I'd rather focus on character progression in terms of mentality/psychology/plot over immersion where we have to go into all the tiny details of the game system's mechanics, which, while cool, isn't terribly practical in an RP environment as it could bog things down.

Equipment is something I don't want to go into all that much as it'd further complicate the battle system, which I want to keep as simplified as possible. Items are probably doable, but would mean someone has to check up on who has what and that they're using it appropriately and taking items out when it's been used in RP. There could be a rare item to rejuvenate health, or to teleport out of battle.

Alright so a crafting system can be designed then. I'd love to help.

For hunger/durability/sleep we'll just drop to avoid trouble.

As for equipment I have an idea how about every floor we just change our armor around to reflect out new status as well as to spice it up. Maybe we can implement the crafting system as part of it for like a Quest? The item things another story and one I'm not sure how to handle. Cause I'm pretty sure we will need crystals and potions.

• 4 months later...

So the forums changed a lot and I want to get back to a topic. How will crafting skills and opening player shops? Cause we have me, Kay the blacksmith and Cici the bard so maybe this should be settled now too. I changed this thread's title as its original purpose has been settled and now changed. So my issue is this:

For smithing, and tailoring (not sure if there's an alchemy for potion making or not) will we just use a dice system to determine if something works or not?

If we do go with the dice roll thing then should certain items maximize a better chance for the dice roll succeeding if that's possible?

I also have an idea about how we should start using our side skills(?). Nevina's idea about obtaining them through quests is good but honestly I think that's something we can choose (at least if I'm reading the web novels right) as we create our character and level up. But I think I'm straying off topic. Anyways for a side skill user to do anything for themselves with that skill we WILL do a quest thread for them to get the item "Vendors Carpet" (what each one comes with and looks like depends on the skill and person its for) when the quest is done they get the item in their journal and they can set up a social thread in one town or another and start doing business. What do others think?

I was gonna wait for Edan to get back to us first but I do admit I have an idea.

Episode 7 Lisbeth mentioned being a "master" so we set up a rank system. Here's my idea total:

Phase 1: to obtain a crafting skill you take the quest to get the "Vendors Mat" this gives you the skill and a way to set up shop (either in a city or a separate social thread).

Phase 2: User then sets up a crafting log to use as something of a benchmark.

Phase 3: to reach 1 rank you practice 10 times. Then the number doubles as it goes up. So for rank 2 you'd 20 things, rank 3, 40 and it goes on till you've capped at (insert number here) to reach master.

Phase 4: how practicing works you roll a die numbering 1-12. 1-11 equals success anything else equals failure. But as you go in rank the number decreased goes from 1-11 to succeed to 1-10 to succeed. To get that back you'll use mats (random items) you HAVE to get from quests whether the're from the anime/novel or something you make up. NOTE: for practicing purposes as rank 1 you can only 2 randoms a day as you go up in rank the number increased until only 10 a day period! These can also be used to do stuff for yourself (personal gear for you). For making stuff beyond that you HAVE to be commissioned by a player meaning interaction. Since we have no money system the exp is your reward plus whatever items they give you to help the process.

Now I want to lay down a list of professions and what you can do with them:

Merchant: can sell rare items (how they get is their problem) and can appraise specs not normally seen (say a rare weapon dropped they'd be able to tell whether or not it has a special effect).

Smithing: make better, repair, or make anew for weapons and metal armor.

Tailoring: make better, repair, or make anew for leather/cloth armor and accessories.

Artisan: make better, repair, or make anew for jewelry can be metal or leather/cloth.

Alchemy: make potions and upon mastery can make crystals with RARE ingredients.

Performer: sings and performs (acrobatics) for a crowd. In battle this allows you to throw your voice (for pulling monsters to and away) and be more evasive (fancy flips and doges).

Cooking: I know we skipped this but we SHOULD include this. Basically it's a social thing you eat good things and it maximizes luck for certain things beyond that nothing else.

That's all I have for now. I'd like a GM's thoughts as well either Edan or Nevina's.

That might help Edan, i know some people join a craft and find out they hate it later XD

But I like what is going on here, though the dice thing confuses me a little bit dice roll from 1-12 and 1-11 is success? XD maybe have like dice rolled

1=Epic fail (Funny posting could work with this like lights forest on fire or hair >> <<)

2-4=fails

5-7=bad Item (usually normal item)

8-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

And when a player ranks up they can slowly work back the fails? Like the above is rank 1 (insert thing here)

Rank 2: could be

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

4-6=bad Item

7-9=Good Item

10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 3:

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

4-5=bad Item

6-8=Good Item

9-10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 4:

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

3-4=bad Item

5-8=Good Item

9-10=Uncommon Item

11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 5:

1=Epic fail

2-3=fails

3-4=bad Item

5-7=Good Item

8-9=Uncommon Item

10-11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 6:

1=Epic fail

2=fails

3=bad Item

4-7=Good Item

8-9=Uncommon Item

10-11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 7:

1=Epic fail

2-3=bad Item

4-7=Good Item

8-9=Uncommon Item

10-11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 8:

1=Epic fail

2=bad Item

3-6=Good Item

7-9=Uncommon Item

10-11=Rare Item

12= Perfect Item

Rank 9:

1=Epic fail

2=bad Item

3-6=Good Item

7-8=Uncommon Item

9-10=Rare Item

11-12= Perfect Item

Rank 10:(Master Rank) No longer can make bad items but still has a chance to epic fail..

1=Epic fail

2-5=Good Item

6-7=Uncommon Item

8-10=Rare Item

11-12= Perfect Item

I got bored and decided to do the whole rank thing XD felt it would be easier to show how the steps would increase the better items.

Well i was going to ask Shark but hes going to be gone all day. XD I figured with each level, the dice rolls favor that of getting better items as you work your way up to master rank 10. So that way, at rank 10, if you roll a low number, you still make an item and are not subject to losing something as often if you were rank 1.