Round 1: Lowenthal vs Mack

The gates open and the countdown begins down to 10. The two players stood across the way from eachother on the Arena of the First floor. Just as he had done for the season, The boy lifted up two banners each representing the guilds of those participating and lowered them to signal they're prepare stage during the ten second countdown.

(OOC sorry, super lazy, Had no sleep last night)

Rules:

Please also post your Stats and Equipment in your first post.

No Consumables (Meaning Alchemical Products, Food, Performer products, Crystals, Etc etc.)

All Equippables are allow

All Skills ARE allowed

Both players will post their max HP

Post an LD roll in your first post to decide whom goes first.

Edited by Zelrius

ID: 35220
LD: 4

Lowenthal entered the all to familiar battle arena, his cursor once again green. He had been doing some scouting for this fight, like he had before. As Mack told him himself, he was a glass cannon. Mack could indeed dole out the damage, but the real question was could he take it. Lowenthal had three ranks in his armor, and a new armor piece that was ticker than the last one. He stared at the, red head? When did Mack change his appearance, more or less how? At least this time, Mack had eyebrows so that was already an improvement. "Alright." Lowenthal said, pulling his kunai from it's sheathe on his leg. "Let's not keep the good people waiting, huh?" He said, with a big smile on his face. Ever since that meeting, Lowenthal had wanted to vent some of his frustrations out on Mack. And now, he was given the chance to do it not only for himself, but for everyone to see.

[Current Stats]

HP: 97(300HP for duel, first to lose 200 loses)
Energy: 23
Damage: 8 [1 base + 4 Skill + 1 Familiar + 2 Enhancements]
Mitigation: 28 [25 Skill + 3 Enhancements]
ACC: 0(plus 2 on a miss; plus 1 on a nat roll of 8-10)[Light Momentum and Keen]
EVA: 3 [3 enhancements]

~Skills~

Concentration: +1 ACC. Activatable, then 5 turn cooldown.

Edited by Lowenthal

OOC: Stats at bottom of post.

ID: 35184
LD: 12

When the gate in front of him that was set into the stone facade of the arena rolled up into its inset housing Mack walked forth from the shadowed interior of the arena, emerging into the bright sunshine that was streaming down from the sky above him and glinting off of Invictus at his shoulder and the crimson plates of Pertinax. His opponent for this first match was Lowenthal, the leader of the Velvet Room which was a guild that shared an alliance with the Crimson Blades which were led by Mack. However tenuous that alliance may have been, given how rocky their initial meeting had been in forging the alliance in the first place. When he reached the middle of the arena, at roughly the same time as Lowenthal, Mack drew back the gold trimmed crimson hood of his Guild Cloak and inclined his head in Lowethal's direction by way of polite greeting as the time began to tick down from ten.

"No," Mack rumbled in a low tone that only Lowenthal would be able to clearly discern. "They want a show from the leaders of the allied guilds. Know that, regardless of the outcome, there's nothing personal involved on my end. But, I fully intend to win the ten thousand col reward for first place and the Blades are working diligently on saving the col to purchase a headquarters. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm also Aincrad's only grandmaster of the two-handed axe."

Stats:

Level: 25
Energy: 25

HP: 105

DMG: 10 (5 Skill, 3 Weapon Enhancement, 1 Base, 1 Athletics)
MIT: 24 (15 Skill, 9 Armor Enhancement)

ACC: 2 (2 Ring Enhancement)
EVA: 1 (1 Ring Enhancement)

Skills: Concentration (+1 BD, 5 turn Cooldown)

Equipment: Invictus (+3 DMG), Pertinax (+9 Mit), (Grandmaster's Honor +2 Acc, +1 Eva.)

Edited by Mack

ID: 35227
BD: 6 (7-3+2)
Mack: 405/405 (Energy: 10/25)
Lowenthal: 305/397 (-92 Dam.) - STUNNED
Sword Art: Screw Dimension (6x2x10 = 120 - 28 Mit = 92 Dam.) - (-15 Energy)

No sooner had the pre-duel timer concluded its countdown then Mack was drawing back Invictus. He truly had nothing personal against Lowenthal, he liked the man well enough. But, the fact was that the Crimson Blades needed a massive influx of col if they were ever going to be able to afford being able to purchase the type of guild hall that Mack had in mind for the guild. The ten thousand col prize that came with victory in the tournament would be a good step in the right direction for financing the headquarters. Now that the duel had officially begun, Mack was wholly focused on one singular goal. Winning the duel with Lowenthal, and then the next opponent, and every opponent thereafter until he had the prize. 

As the duel began the bearded axe head of Invictus was already emitting a soft red glow as he hauled the weapon back over his right shoulder before sending it whipping across his body at a dizzying speed. The weapon slammed into Lowenthal and Mack carried the attack forward as the system essentially guided his movements. As the weapon moved through the attack Mack reversed his hands on the haft and brought it around in a similar lateral strike from the other side before raising Invictus over his head and tomahawking the weapon down into one of Lowenthal's shoulders for a third strike. No sooner had the final blow fallen than the axe unleashed a shockwave of energy to slam into Lowenthal with the force of all three strikes combined with the added effect of stunning him.

"Sorry, Lowenthal, as I said the guild needs the prize col that comes with winning the tournament," Mack said, shouldering Invictus for a moment to speak in a low tone to his stunned opponent. 

The counter timed down, and as it hit zero Lowenthal dashed forward. Lowenthal assumed that the giant axe was slow, and cumbersome. And what he got was what he deserved for assuming. His life moved in slow motion, as he saw the axe blade come down on top of him. Lowenthal raised his dagger, but the sheer force of Mack's swing knocked him aside. Then another blow came, spinning Lowe around, then another blow which sent him flying backwards. Lowe sat up, trying to move his body but it was still trapped in the man's sword art. Mack swung his axe one more time, and the quake that followed stunned him. Lowenthal slowly moved his body to a sitting position, unable to move any faster due to the stun. "Shesh, you ever talk about anything else?" Lowenthal asked. "Guild this, Crimson that I mean, damn. Don't you ever get tired of talking about that?" Lowenthal said, mocking Mack for repeating himself.

----
[Fine]
Mack: 405/405 | 200 till loss
Energy: 10/25

----
[Stunned]
Lowenthal: 305/397 | 108 till loss
Energy: 23/23

ID: 35563
BD: 7
Mack: 405/405 | 200 till loss (Energy: 10/25)  +1 Energy (I think, although is it +3 since I didn't attack)
Lowenthal: 305/397 | 108 till loss (Energy: 23/23)

"If you're jealous because your guild is smaller, Lowenthal, then I'd suggest you lead and trust your members instead of leaving them to their own devices," Mack replied, assuming that his opponent was angry about the fact that the Velvet Room was an older and considerably smaller guild than the Blades were. "A leader must mold their troops and make them over in their own image," the crimson covered man said simply, with a shrug of his shoulders, bringing Invictus up to his shoulder for the time being. Since Lowenthal was stunned, there was no need to worry about a counter attack and Mack would need a few moments for his energy to recharge anyway, so there was no rush.

As the stun wore off, Lowenthal stood. "Mold them, into your own image?" Lowenthal asked. "Anyone ever tell you how dumb that sounds?" Lowenthal said, pointing his kunai at the man. "The people in this game are just that, people. They're not a blank canvas for someone to paint the 'ideal image; upon them." Lowenthal said, preparing to attack. Lowenthal quickly dashed forward, only to miss. However, that was all part of his stratagy. He felt his armor's enhancements take effect, and he knew that next turn, he'd score a hit. What Mack had said, set him off. "Not everyone is a soilder, and it's wrong for you to force that sort of ideal upon them!" Lowenthal said, turning to Mack.

ID:  35591
BD: 3(miss) [+2 BD until hit]

----
[Fine]
Mack: 405/405 | 200 till loss
Energy: 11/25

----
[Fine]
Lowenthal: 305/397 | 108 till loss
Energy: 21/23 -2 Miss

Edited by Lowenthal

ID: 35647
BD: 6 (7-3+2) - Not attacking, recharging energy
Mack: 405/405 | 200 till loss (Energy: 12/25)
Lowenthal: 305/397 | 108 till loss (Energy: 21/23)

"If any of them have a problem with it, they're free to leave the guild whenever they like," Mack answered easily, shouldering his axe and continuing to allow his energy bar to replenish itself. "Contrary to what you seem to believe, we don't kidnap players and press gang them into service. Somehow, I think that if we did you wouldn't want your Guild to even be associated with us, to say nothing of an alliance." Slowly, the Grandmaster of the Crimson Blades turned on the spot as the less armored and faster Lowenthal continued setting up for the next attack. While Mack wasn't overly concerned about winning the match as he was confident that he had the higher damage output that didn't mean he was going to willingly expose his back to the other fighter.

Lowenthal sighed, as he looked at Mack. "Damn shame. And here I am, having promised Piera I'd at least try." Lowenthal rubbed the back of his neck, and sheathed his kunai. "Y'know what? I quit. You win." Lowenthal said, quitting the duel. The system, declaring Mack the winner. "I'm just not in the right mindset right now to keep going. And besides, you'll just out DPS me in the long run. But hey, I hope you'd be liking a re-match sometime though." Lowenthal turned, and walked out of the arena. 

Edited by Lowenthal

"If that's the way you want to do it," the hulking red-headed man said with a shrug. As soon as the combat system officially declared him to be the winner Mack swung his axe down from his shoulder before sheathing it at his back with a slight twirl. "I'm always happy to engage in practice duels with you, Lowenthal. Simply name the time and place," the massive guildmaster called to the retreating form of his counterpart with the Velvet Room. With, seemingly, nothing else that needed to be accomplished in order to complete the duel Mack spun neatly on his heel and turned to walk back out of the arena through the entrance he had used when originally entering the area a few moments before.