Whit's journal

Username: Whit

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Weight: 117 lbs.

Sexuality: asexual.

Level: 4

About: History/personality
Digging into Matthew’s past won’t uproot a tragic backstory, at the most some slight bullying from peers. His main influence in his entire life was video games, from his morals to what to do in situations. Of course this led to being a slight outcast, but this didn’t affect him as video games and close friends were always able to block out the dark cloud known as: society. After a failed attempt by his cousin to get him a date, to which he said, “That was a waste of time,” he claimed to never form a romantic relationship with anyone. With the release of SAO he got in line to the death game.

“Here I can have true power.”
Virtues:

Chivalrous (to an extent): Eleven years of “save the princess” games driven into his brain, Matthew’s brain can click at the sight of a princess like figure, of course this can be reverted at the sight of someone to compete against. Matthew will have it in his mind to protect these people at all costs, but will not attempt to create romantic bonds with them.

Hyper: Common to strike first due to not being able to sit still, Matthew hates waiting to do something, unless it’s the opposite of what he wants, often encouraging others to join him to speed things up. Matthew will only sit still if he has something in front of him, and it has to be exciting or interesting, a book can suffice if it doesn’t put him to sleep. The downside to his always alert state is the fact that he talks without thinking and likes to "play games" with other people, generally in an annoying manner.

Cautious: While its true Matthew likes to do things as fast as he can, he’s not stupid, once he’s sure an area is safe, he will go back to his usual hyper self. This trait can be carried to people and animals until he's studied their movements enough to judge they are safe. If unsure of a place, he will prevent other players from entering unless the players are superiors.

Flaws:
Reference: http://www.darkworldrpg.com/lore/flaws.html
Fury: Angering Matthew can often make him angry at small things, such as someone not getting the same chance as someone else. If Matthew sees something he doesn’t like he will often attempt to ruin his target’s day until the person changes their mind. Matthew will go silent for days if the offender is a close friend, not talking until the offender apologizes or he can muster up the courage to apologize.

Sore Loser: Losing an important game or several times can drive Matthew mad, often to the point of yelling at random people. If it gets bad enough that he hurts a friend’s feelings, he’ll attempt to cool off by going off grid and practicing until he can beat it, once beaten he’ll apologize.

Competitive: Loving to win can be Matthew’s downfall as he’ll do his best to win, even pushing his allies too hard when losing (“and it was clearly their fault, not mine”). Matthew hates teamwork games and chance, preferring games of reflexes and strategy. Forcing him to play an unfair game could make anyone his number one enemy.

Insensitive: Matthew could care less about other people's feelings, preferring to maintain the happiness of himself and close friends. Matthew will avoid normal conversation unless it is required for him to succeed, acting nice to someone he's never met can make him feel sick or down so don't expect it a lot. His antics while in his hyper state can be considered something similar to an internet troll, yet he refuses to stop, feeling like it would be the end of him if her were to stop acting his normal way. Generally when he is nice, its because he's in a fantabulous mood because he just insulted someone pretty badly.

Profession: (Leave blank until the Earning a Living quest has been completed.)

Skills
Non-combat:
»

Passive:
»

Combat:
»

Weapon skills:
»One handed straight sword rank 1

5/9 SP used.

Inventory
Weapons/Tools:
»E Basic one handed straight sword

»E Red colored started gear.

»15 bread

»10 water

368 col

Col journal

Spoiler

200 Being used in (OP-F1)Four cups and a Coin: Minigame time

Roleplays
» [solo/private/open] LinkedTitle
» [solo/private/open] LinkedTitle - in progress
(no "in progress" means its complete; "incomplete" can mean one or the other person stopped replying for a long time)

[OP-F2] Expanding Horizons- in progress

[OP-F1] forgotten but not dead- Complete

[PP-F1] Don't I know you?- Complete

[OP-F1] Awakening in a digital prison-Complete]

[PP-F1] Earning a living- Complete

Relationships (optional)
Elul- A friend from real life and past mmos, with a feeling of older brother/guardian knight. One of the few people who can calm him down, with partial success. Hurting Elul would mean stalking for several days, planning his revenge slowly.

"Kill you? No, I'm not like you, Just remember that if we both make it out of this game alive, that you'll feel neverending pain until Elul can convince me to stop."

Maria- Elul's sister who he had the opportunity to reunite. Feels like she has slight authority over him due to her age and the fact that she's Elul's sister.

"I'd frankly rather not piss Maria off, I feel like she'd kill me or something else that I don't like the idea of."

Celestial- knows his face, not his name.

Sousuke- knows his face, not his name.

Manta Gaul- knows her face, not her name

Story Thus Far (optional)

After having the grandest time on the fourth floor, finally came back so could protect Elul. He's currently trying to find a way to level up safely so he can help Elul escape. Shortly after he ran into Elul's sister and joined the two on a quest to get Elul her profession.

Edited by Whit