SP - F9 Shadow In The Reflection Of The Blade <<The Iron Guardian>> (Completed)

It didn't take long for Calrex to arrive back in front of the settlement as Roc flew overhead, quickly dropping down and landing on the bluenette's shoulder, turning to face him, like a parent would a child throwing a tantrum. Turning to face his familiar he gave a small sigh, "Sorry about that Roc. I guess I might have lost myself in that particular act for a few seconds there. I can't image how things would go if Teayre ever was under threat like Opal is. I don't think I'd be able to control myself enough to be decently rational about the subject. Just the idea makes my blood boil..."

As Calrex continued speak Roc seemed to give a nod of understanding before giving a few flaps, rising into the air. The Ultramarine Knight gave a small sigh as he looked over to see the broker giving a conserved wave at him to get his attention. Walking over he gave a nod and as friendly of a smile as he could muster at the moment, "Hey, sorry about the delay."

"You have the item then?"

"Yes I do. Here."

Swiping on his menu he opened a trade, adding the Banner of Support to it as the broker prepared to accept it.

However, as the cloaked man was ready to accept he hesitated, his finger curling to reflect the feeling. Calrex's lips pursed slightly as looked over at the man, "Something wrong?"

"Why did you take so long in getting back? That entire trip should have been done in three quarters of the time you did."

"I ran into some delays, although unfortunately on the details I can't really speak of them."

"Why not?"

"Let's just say that..."

"Hold on..."

Activating his <<Reveal>> skill Calrex looked to see through the bushes against the wall of the settlement. Hidden inside was both of the weapons that were stolen from him, the Grand Blade and the Frozen Fang Blade, "My swords..."

ID: 36602
Mob Dice: 9 (Evasion +4) = 5 (+1 Damage / Paralyze Activation)

Right after Calrex spotted his weapons suddenly he felt a weapon pierce his stomach as he looked down to see a blade stuck into him before he looked forward, seeing the broker's almost frenzied face underneath. Gritting his teeth he looked up seeing that the Paralyze effect had been inflicted on him as he remained in place.

The broker extracted his sword and stepped back, putting distance between himself as the bluenette, "I know exactly why you were taking so long? You were working with some other weren't you? When you were going to open that trade and complete it, your little buddies were going to spring some trap on me huh?"

"This guy's...delusional..."

"Well before that happens, I'm going to take at least one of you with me! You better be ready to die, Ultramarine Knight!

HP List
Calrex: 155/185 (50+1 DMG - 40 MIT = 11 DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)
   Energy: 34/45 (-11)

Enemies:
Mysterious Broker: 
150/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 36603
Battle Dice: 1 (Accuracy +3) = 4 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
No Action Taken (1 Energy Recovered / 35 Remaining)

"Tch...I should have known that joining those orange ninjas would only keep me in trouble. Taking that big guy's suggestion was a huge mistake. They're probably dead right now. I'm sure you killed them! How did you not become a player-killer, huh? Did you goad them into attacking first?"

Even though Calrex was unable to move it seemed the distraught and frenzied information broker was unable to strike him, harmlessly flailing at air as the bluenette saw that his Paralyze state was already coming to and end. Giving a calming breath he slowly got back to his feet, drawing the Grand Maelstrom, "So you were working with those guys, plus you took my weapons. If you wanted the item so badly why did you make it harder for me to pull it off. More to that, why didn't you just have those thugs do it themselves?"

"It's simple, I couldn't trust that they would bring it back, even worse than my lack of trust in you. Yet you somehow did. People have screwed me over before, I'm not going to lose out again!"

"This guy needs to get out of his head. What he's saying isn't making any sense."

HP List
Calrex: 155/185 (Paralyze End)
   Energy: 35/45 (+1)

Enemies:
Mysterious Broker: 150/150

Edited by Calrex

ID: 36605
Battle Dice: 9 (Accuracy +3) = 12 (+1 Damage / Paralyze Activation)
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2 
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 25 Remaining)

Immediately rushing forward Calrex activated <<Meteor Break>> as he unleashed the relentless barrage of charges and slashes, overwhelming the broker's defenses as the cloaked man was knocked into the wall. Finishing with the falling slash the bluenette made note that the Grand Maelstrom's Paralyze effect had triggered as the whirlpool patterns on the surface of the blade grew larger and larger, engulfing the finish in a foamy white appearance.

Leaping back he saw his opponent was already in the red critical area of his health bar as he gave a small sigh, "Are you cooled off now? Stop this, it doesn't have to continue on. I honestly was not planning anything malicious against you, and if it came across that way I apologize."

HP List
Calrex: 155/185
   Energy: 25/45 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Mysterious Broker: 51/150 (8+1 DMG * 11 Art = 99 DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

ID: 36606
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Sword Art <<Meteor Break>> Activated (11 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 15 Remaining) (Because heck it's overkill)

As the broker's Paralyze effect diminished he slumped out of his frozen position, keeping himself upright as his arms dangled left and right, swaying with his movements, almost like some kind of undead creature, "You...I'm gonna kill you...you...traitorous...I'll..."

"Give it a break. I'm not trying to intentionally harm you. Just give it a break a..."

"...you...and everyone you care abo..."

Before the broker could finish speaking suddenly Calrex was upon him once again, as if some trigger word was uttered. Almost instantly Calrex's calm, yet partially confused expression was replaced by the exact same one he assumed at the end of his encounter with the Lava Fist. Even knowing full well the attack would put the broker far past zero in health he executed <<Meteor Break>> once again, each strike slamming the hooded figure against the wall with enough force it seemed like it would create a crater in the structure.

Winding up his finishing strike even more the bluenette brought his blade down on the broker, watching at his health dropped to zero, the golden aura of the Grand Maelstrom dissipating like fireflies from the surface of the blade. Calrex simply stood there silent as the man in front of him slumped down into a sitting position, looking up at his health bar with a face of disbelief, mouth agape as he turned back to face the player in front of him. With one last labored breath he dissipated into shards, the crystals scattering.

The battle over Calrex looked back at his inventory, viewing the Banner of Support silently as he gave a calming breath. Descending from the skies again Roc landed in front of him as the blue-haired player looked down at his familiar. The same judgmental look was on the peregrine falcon's face as the Ultramarine Knight gave a nod, "Yeah...I'm aware of what I've just done...come on, let's get moving..."

Stepping past Roc and into the settlement Calrex gave a sigh, glancing back to see that his familiar had landed on his shoulder, "...guess I've got some reflecting to do, since I just killed a man..."

HP List
Calrex: 155/185
   Energy: 15/45 (-11+1)

Enemies:
Mysterious Broker: -37/150 (8 DMG * 11 Art = 88 DMG / Paralyze End)

Topic Complete

• Topic Complete (1 SP)
  • Quest Complete (1 SP)
  • 1 Page Complete (400 col)
  • Quest Loot: Banner of Support
  • Monster Loot
    • Battle 1: 1 Material
Edited by Calrex