[PP:F9] <<Bandit Camp Quest>> A Surprise Encounter! [Lowenthal]

Opal had received intel from an NPC that a group of bandit NPCs were driving away other players and hoarding the high valued XP areas for themselves. Opl was asked to take out these bandits and alleviate them of their hunting ground. Opal could care less if others were not getting the score of XP from those mobs in the area, she wanted to practice and hone her skills as a Kunoichi as she was taught by the late Master Myoga. With that being said, Opal had take flight towards the bandit camp and taking the high ground for the advantage to look over the land. In the bushes she sat and watched their routine for hours until she felt she was well equipped with the knowledge needed to take them down. There was only four of them, but they seemed to be pretty strong, however she was confident in her ability to be cautious and take them out one by one in the cover of night. Engaging her <<Sneak and Hide>> Opal had been passed off a shadow warrior from this point on, her stealth rating getting an added bonus for being in complete darkness. As she leaned against a tree, she uncorked a mysterious liquid and drank the contents slowly. She felt sick and nauseated the moment it passed into her belly and when she looked up, there was a feeling of dread wafting off her presence. Her amber eyes had turned lifeless, showing no signs of joy or jubilation. Her breath had formed cold snaps of air around here and her memories started to fracture and split apart. One after another these images faded from her mind until all that was left was the Mission ahead. Peering over the tree she gave her equipment one last look and nodded to herself; she was ready. 

OOC: So as I explained in the PM, we will kinda do this solo, but have a feeling that something isn't right. Because the numbers of bandits is lower than the quest suggests. We'll meet up towards the ending and have our confrontation there. :D 

"Alright, showtime." Lowenthal said to himself as he inched forward, his chest on the ground. He had accepted the quest called 'Bandit Camp', where a small group of bandits were controlling a small area, and preventing players from grinding experience and items. It wasn't an issue for him, but a few low level players had come to him for help. And since he was 'The Master of Shadows', it was easier to make it a stealth mission than an actual mission party. He took it on himself to try to do this as stealthy as possible. He was a dagger user, and it lacked AoE attacks, so fighting four enemies at once would be a poor course of action. The bandits were posted up around a large caravan, with several crates which most likely held their loot. Lowenthal inched his to the nearest crate, and pressed up against it. He peeked over the top of the crate, only counting two bandits. The other two must have been on the other side of the cart.

[ID: 35526]
[Mob's LD: 3(5-2 Darkness)]
[Lowenthal's Sneak&Hide: 14(12+2 Darkness)]

Edited by Lowenthal

In the dark shadows was the woman lying in wait. The first prospect was coming around the corner, he was unaware of the woman's presence due to her sneaking around and was unaware of being stalked. Opal held in her hand a long instrument, due to the massive size of the blade The Masamune was not able to be carried around the waist, she had to hold it in her hands, but luckily enough it merged with her own body and reflected no light off the dull saya as she propped herself against a tree. Her amber eyes narrowed as they focused on the first of four bandits in the camp. She knew his routine, he would come from a short distance, stop and then make a turn and then stop again in a small clearing to keep on the lookout. That's when she struck! Like a bat shooting out from the darkness, she lunged straight at the man...However when she came out of the clearing, there was some weird noise under her foot alarming the Bandit immediately of her presence. Unable to draw the Masamune Blade from her saya in time, the man came forward with his spear and caught her in the throat from her forward momentum and impaling her body. The raven haired woman said no words but she held the shaft of the spear in her hands as she watched a chunk of her HP drop. The Bandit gave a small laughter, "Whatchya tryin' to do, Love? Sneak up on me?" He twisted the shaft in his hand before yanking out of her throat whipping it the side of him. 

Opal rubbed her neck revealing an orange damage indicator across her neck. She gave a low growl and positioned herself still holding fast to the saya in her hand. 

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 62/84
Energy: 19/21
Sword Art:

Bandits HP: 70
Dmg: 20

ID: 35610 OOC: Oooh...I knew my first roll was going to be ugly...but not this ugly. 
BD: 1+1 =2
MD:  10 [+2 Dmg] - 4 = 6

Edited by Opal

Lowenthal drew his kunai, and prepared himself mentally for his sneak attack. Then, something got the guard's attention. Perhaps, another mob of some kind. The one standing by the crate turned, placing his back behind to Lowenthal. As he did, Lowenthal reach over and grabbed the bandit and dragged him over the crate. The man barely had time to make a scream, as Lowenthal jabbed his kunai into bandit's throat. The NPC made a gurgling noise, before dissipating into crystals. Peeking back over the crate, Lowe could see the back of one more Bandit. Mission said there was four of them, better keep my eyes open for the rest. Lowenthal thought, and he crept up behind the second bandit.

ID:  35591
BD: 9(Critical) [+1 Damage] [LD: 4 -does not notice Lowe-]
----
[Dead]
Bandit: -3/70 [-73DMG]
Damage: 20
----
[Fine]
Lowenthal: 97/97
Energy: 15/23 [-8 Energy-CrossEdge]

Edited by Lowenthal

There was a quick succession of attacks as Opal had unsheathed the massive length of the Masamune. It pulsed with an ivory glow as it settled in her hands, raiding it over her head and waiting to strike down her opponent. With heavy feet he came towards her, the spear attempting to thrust into her once more but her lighter footwork came clean and untouched by the soil below her as she shifted her weight and bedazzled her opponent with five successive slashes. The ending slash came with a chop down the bandits left shoulder rendering an orange gash multiplied by the length of the blade as it slid all the way down his body. He was still alive, but her next attack would surely finish him off. 

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 62/84 [+2 BD, Savvy Engaged]
Energy: 20/21 [+1 Energy]
Sword Art: Wa Shu, 5 Energy, 40 Dmg

Bandits HP: 30

ID: 36129
BD: 9+1 [+1 Dmg] = 10
MD:  6-4 = 2

Edited by Opal

The second bandit still had his back turned to Lowenthal. Easy peasy, Lemon squeezy. Lowenthal snuck up behind it. "Oi, you alright back there?" The bandit spoke. Meaning that the other bandits were alive, for now at least. Lowenthal quickly grabbed him, and dragged him to the ground. Lowenthal again, stabbed the bandit in it's neck causing it instant death thanks to his sword art. His side now clear, Lowenthal pressed up against the cart, and peeked around. What he saw, genuinely surprised him. He saw a bandit fighting someone else, probably another player from the amount of HP the Bandit had left. And another Bandit had noticed the fighting, and was moving in to assist his bandit ally. Lowenthal remained in his cover, hopefully hidden a while longer.

ID:  36113
BD: 9(Critical) [+1 Damage] [LD: 14 -does not notice Lowe-] 
----
[Dead]
Bandit: -3/70 [-73DMG]
----
[Fine]
Energy: 8/23 [-8 Energy-CrossEdge][+1 Natural Regen]

Edited by Lowenthal

OOC: So freaking powerful, Lowe!! Slow down!! Let me catch up!!! >D <3 Also, do we use the LD from the kill on each Bandit for the reward? Or do we do 1 roll at the end of the Quest for the Col reward? 

The bandit got a step in on her, still weary of using her Masamune, the spear uplifted in his hands and impales her in the gut. Grimacing not from the pain, but for allowing him to catch her off guard was most deplorable. With a low growl, the woman swung her blade as it pulsed with ivory life and signaled the <<Wa Shu>> Sword Art. With a quick succession of strikes the Bandit had fallen dead to the world leaving only a gurgled cry to escape his lips. But it was enough to know that the next bandit had found her. She had no time to go back into the shadows, already her plans were spoiled. Cursing lowly she held her blade up and in an almost deep voice she spoke in japanese, "I will carve out your heart and feed it to the crows!" 

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 41/84 [+2 BD, Savvy Engaged]
Energy: 11/21 [+1 Energy]
Sword Art: Wa Shu, -5 Energy, 35 Dmg

Bandits HP: --

ID: 36140
BD:3 +1+2  = 6 
MD:  9-4 =5 [+1 Dmg]
LD: 19

Edited by Opal

Lowenthal watched as the person used a katana o cut down the bandit. They used a Sword Art, which meant that it was obviously a human player. This mission just got more interesting it seemed. Instead of leaping out, and helping the player Lowenthal chose to stay behind cover and watch, letting his Energy bar recharge. He should've brought some food, but he had more than enough to take out another bandit should another appear. Three of the four bandits were dead, and it seemed that this person would take care of it for him. All too easy. The person then spoke japanese. Lowenthal understand both English, and Japanese. With Japanese being his mother language. "Did, he just say?" Lowenthal whispered to himself, wondering why someone would say that. And it was quite apparent that japanese was not that person's first language.

----
[Fine]
Energy: 9/23 [+1 Natural Regen]

Whether it was an intimidation act or the fact that he was on set route, the Bandit had stopped dead in his tracks after seeing the dark clad warrior with the massive katana. Mumbling to himself, Opal had readied her blade. The ivory pulse signifying she was charged and ready for a sword art had come to life as the quicksilver length darted in the darkness, as the Masamune shifted her hand hands the woman moved around the Bandit cutting him all over the body. Orange streaks of damage collected upon the Bandit as he was sliced and diced from head to toe from the mid level Sword Art <<Wa Shu>> Opal took a step back to ready her next art should she need it. Like fire in her eyes, the orange discs glowed in the soft dimness of the light. Her plans to go about this had been struck down quickly when she faced her first opponent. This was the second, which meant two more to go...She would quickly finish this up, take a short break and re-engage the enemy when her health and energy pool were restored. 

<<Battle Engaged>> 

Opals HP: 41/84 [+2 BD next roll, Savvy Engaged]
Energy: 12/21 [+1 Energy]
Sword Art: Wa Shu, -5 Energy, 35 Dmg

Bandits HP: 35/70

ID: 36155
BD: 8+1 = 9
MD:  6-4 = 2

Edited by Opal

Lowenthal's legs were beginning to cramp, so behind cover he adjusted himself. He stood up, and took a few steps back to cover his entire body. The fight was going slowly. The Bandit was taken aback by the sudden death of his ally and the other person was taking their sweet time with him. Perhaps they were enjoying the thrill of battle to much. Against his better judgement, Lowenthal snuck around the opposite side to get behind the wounded bandit. He snuck up behind the bandit, and went into his sword art, quickly slicing it's back several times. With the last slice, the bandit exploded into crystals, and the last of the Bandits were dead. "Alright, that was easy enough." Lowenthal said, sheathing his kunai and dusting off his hands. "So, who're you?" Lowenthal asked the person in front of him, his hand on his kunai. He didn't know who this person was, but they seemed familiar.

ID:  36113
BD: 7(hit)  [LD: 11 -does not notice Lowe-] 
----
[Dead]
Bandit: -5/70 [40-DMG]
----
[Fine]
Energy: 4/23 [-5 Energy-InfinityEdge][+1 Natural Regen]

Edited by Lowenthal

Opal was about to charge in for her next attack, even the blade had pulsated with life then abruptly stopped when opal disengaged the enemy and found that he was grayed out of existence. What the hell just happened? Keeping her Masamune at the ready she peered with lifeless eyes, a stoic and never ending expressionless face on her as she attempted to see past the dim glowing light of the broken pixels. When that had faded, the darkness had returned to her vision and she peered through the darkness to see the image of another player. She was not about to attack someone else, and moments later she received a pop up notification that the quest had been completed. 

That was two bandits from her count where there should have been four, so this fool must have taken down the other two. Lifting her blade upwards, the saya materialized in her hand and she sheathed the seven foot odachi into its casing. Now looking at him with dull orange eyes, she saw the familiar image of a friend she had not seen long ago. But due to the potion she had drunk, she was still under the influence of the liquid coursing through her body and therefore negating the memory of her friend. Her right hand formed into a fist, and with no words said she punched herself in the face as hard as she could and thus snapping her out of the potion's toxin by using. Something she had dosed herself with all too often and finding the relative dull pain to ease her out of that state. Sighing and looking over the shadowed figure she began, "I had that well under control, no thanks to you." she had said, her voice rather callous in tone and still not knowing who she was with, but all the same she flicked her thumb against the guard of her katana making sure at a moment's notice, if she had to, would not hesitate to mow the person down should they act out aggressively. 

The woman leaned on one side of her body, her weight shifting as she peered through the dark outline of the figure..."Who are you?"  Opal now stood in the dim light of the moon as it cast its rays down on her illuminating her figure to the man before her. 

Lowenthal watched in confusion as the person in front of him clobbered themselves in the face. Lowenthal looked around, trying to see if anyone else was around and tried to make sure it wasn't a prank. "Uhm, you alright?" Lowenthal asked, as he held a hand out to the person in front of him. "Wait a minute. Are you? Are you Opal?" Lowenthal asked, kneeling down getting a closer look. He had recognized the voice, and now that he had a name to the shape, he could definitely recognize her features. "It's me, Lowenthal. We met, on the beach. I gave you an amulet, before you left. Any of that, ring a bell?" Lowenthal said, not sure as to why Opal had a sudden amnesia, or hatred to her own face. Something had obviously happened to her, perhaps she was drugged or brainwashed. Just, what was that school doing.

"Lowenthal..." she whispered lightly and sighed, her thumb that was on the guard of her katana had slipped upwards now pressing the katana further into the saya, "I'm sorry I didn't recognize you for a moment. I drugged myself with a potion I created that would block out all outside stimulus so that I can focus on the Quest. Part of the potion works where I can break out of my trance by some form of physical means so I don't go overboard should I need to heal or...become incapacitated." Stepping further into the light the woman had revealed more of herself to the one she knew as a friend from a long while ago, "I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to talk much at Zelrius' party...I saw what happened to you and that player, I hope things are working out for the better now. But that seemed like a lifetime ago."

Opal shouldered the Masamune over her shoulder and slid it between her arms and pressed her arms up and over the blade as her wrists hung over the edge. She lifted her head showing the gaze of a dull set of colored eyes, once vibrant hues now more solemn and lifeless, "I suppose you wouldn't recognize me without the long ebony locks of hair. I got it cut awhile ago, it seemed to mousy to keep the long hair for a woman such as myself. A lot has happened since then...and I will apologize for not coming to see you sooner." She looked up at his now green cursor, "Seems like you have finally forgiven yourself..." she said taking a bold step closer to him to get a better look of his face.

Z2qbmXc.png

<<Current Attire for this Thread before joining the Blood Oaths>> 

Lowenthal let out a small sigh. "Well, as long as you're alright." Lowenthal said, giving a small smile. Lowenthal looked down, when she had mentioned Zelrius party. "Yeah, well good riddance to him. Did, didn't need him anyway." Lowenthal said, crossing his arms. Opal mentioned his green cursor. "Ah yeah, I finally got around to that. I still don't feel like a 'green' player just yet. More like a wolf in sheep's clothing." Lowenthal said honestly. "I mean, I still have some bad dreams. But, they're not as frequent as they used to be." Lowenthal looked back up to Opal. "And don't think that this 'training' of yours is an excuse for not visiting. I mean, not even a message? That's just plain crazy." Lowenthal said, his mood perking up as he joked. "So, speaking of which. It seems the training is going well." Lowenthal said, nothing that she was able to deal half of the bandits HP with one swing.

There mention of his nightmares not becoming as frequent had caused the woman to become slightly envious, "Well...lucky you..." were her thoughts, her had been increasing night in and night out, sometimes sleep wasn't even an option. But that was her problem to deal with. Her blank eyes stared at him, into him, into his soul. She listened to his small little story and scoffed at the comment of not even sending a message, "Well, training is over now. More or less. I'm a free woman to do as she pleases. But yeah, I guess I got a little stronger than before. Ten levels is nothing to wag a stick at I guess, there was some hardships I had to endure along the way which didn't make things any more enjoyable for me." The woman released the grip of her Masamune allowing it to slide off her shoulder as it hit the ground as she leaned on it casually for some support. 

There had been an awkward silence between the two of them now that was starting to collect in the air, Opal had narrowed her eyes in almost frustration for him to speak up, but it seemed she had to take the initiative for this one, "How is the Velvet Room doing? I haven't seen much of anyone lately. I just got off that mountain maybe a few days ago. I've just been honing my skills here and there to get some extra grinding out of the way...And this quest was one that I was itching to do for a while. I wasn't expecting help..." the woman lifted a free hand to smooth the dark locks of hair from her eyes, only to have it fall in front of her once more. Averting her gaze from Lowenthal she looked into the blanket of the night noting of nothing important between the two. Her conversation skills had died along with her soul when that fateful night had happened to her, even more so when Myoga had passed away. Life didn't seem as exciting anymore to her...she still needed answers but now she was alone to find them. 

Lowenthal looked at Opal, a bit excited that she had mentioned Velvet Room. "Yeah, Velvet Room's doing fine. Still a small amount of members, but we're working on it." Lowenthal chirped up. "We're actually having a Halloween party here soon, and It would mean a lot to me if you came." Lowenthal said. Lowenthal looked at Opal, with caring eyes. "Hey, you alright?" Lowenthal asked. It was quite obvious that Opal was, different. Lowenthal leaned himself up on the caravan for more comfort. "When was the last time you shouted at the top of your lungs at nothing for no reason?" Lowenthal asked, remembering the talk the two had so long ago. 

"Halloween party?" That's right...the woman had nearly forgotten about that holiday, well, it was hard to forget since it was the same as her birthday. She would be turning twenty-five then. She sighed a bit, but a party? She wondered if she could commit to something like that, with all those people in costumes...She wondered if that would be a good time for Sensui and his men to try and capture her again. Would they show up just to try and steal her again? Her skin had shuddered from the thought but her stoic expression had never stopped. She absentmindedly looked back up at Lowenthal, "Well, I suppose if you are hosting it, I would be obliged to come..." when she looked back up there was a different look in his eyes. Was that a look of sympathy? She scoffed and turned her head away from the question, "I'm fine...Thanks, I am just a little tired I guess. Nothing for you to worry about." her tone almost seemed detached as if she was saying a scripted line, it had become a peeve of hers to be asked if she was 'alright,' there were things that were definitely not alright, but she would not about to let her mind take hold of those thoughts and release all that onto him, it was none of his business after all, and why should she have to tell him? She didn't owe him anything...and not only that, he butted in on her quest. She was scouting this area for hours learning the routes the NPCs took around the caravan...and then this fool appears and ruins everything!

Her eyes twitched as they were closed, her fist brimming and causing hard white knuckles to eclipse her rather tan dermis. She was about to shoot him a hazardous gaze when his words caught her by off guard. That day...she yelled at the ocean at herself, he remembered it, and it slowly came back to her. The day of her farewells...not only did she say goodbye to all her friends, she said goodbye to the little girl she left behind as a soul. Smirking a bit; if only he knew how much she shouted in the darkness, out into the nothingness. How little it did for her...Yeah she shouted every damn night she had a nightmare, she even was reduced to taking potions of her own creation to block out the images in her head only to have a few hours of meager sleep in the process. Nothing was going to remove the stains from her body of that night, nothing was going to change the death of her Master, and nothing good was going to help her with the ease of the situation at hand. Giving an almost bitter look from his soft gaze she finally spoke.

"No...Can't say I have..." this conversation was becoming more taxing than she thought it would have been. Still she was not used to being social again, despite the years and years of being an social butterfly. Rubbing her head lightly, the woman sighed. She felt angry and tired, exhausted from her long journey, a never ending cycle of nightmares that always crept up on her. She was sick of it all, needed something of a release...

Lowenthal stepped off of the caravan, and looked at Opal. "Alright, tell me what happened." Lowenthal said, crossing his arms. He was frustrated that Opal wasn't her usual self. He knew something traumatic had to have happened, and he didn't quite know how to ask about it, without being rude. So he asked anyway. If there was anything that could be done, he was going to do it. First he needed to know what the problem was before he could even think about fixing it. And from the way Opal had changed and was currently acting, it didn't sound like someone stole her sweet roll.

Opal pinched her dark brows towards the center of her face giving the man a might scowl in the process, "Tell you about what?" his question was as vague as any other and she didn't have the time to prattle about something that would end up being trivial. Holding fast to the saya of her Masamune, the woman looked into Lowenthal's eyes. She knew what he was getting at now, she could read him like a book, and it was none of his business.

"Listen, I still count you amongst the good people in my life. But you...You can't just expect me to tell you what has happened! I have struggled and I have fought...for every night to keep my mind at peace at what happened. Openly talking about it now...would...it would destroy me all over again! It's better to just leave it in the past!" The woman, for the first time ever was losing her nerve at someone, shouting at him. It was anger mixed with sorrow. How could he ask her to go back and talk about the filthy things done to her when she was locked up like an animal. Her hands were shaking and her voice had become ragged and hoarse. The honeyed irises were distant and gone from the color as she quickly moved through her inventory, materializing a questionable potion which she consumed quickly without thought. Eventually the shakes had started to subside and her breathing returned to normal. Unfortunately it had diluted the color of her brilliant eyes to a shade duller than any color of orange ever seen. A lifeless look locked onto the gaze of Lowenthal as her head moved upwards, the potion disappearing from her hands. 

"I should get going..." her voice had returned to normal for the most part, but there was no joy or sorrow amongst the tone that came forth. She shifted the weapon back over her shoulder and turned her head sharply, "I respectfully decline to answer any question about my training, Lowenthal." 

Lowenthal took a step back, a bit in shock. The once lovable person that was Opal had changed. And he didn't know if it was for better or for worse. "Dammit, how am I supposed to help, If you don't tell me anything?" Lowenthal said, through his gritted teeth. "But you're in the right. It is none of my business. But," Lowenthal said before quickly turning his head. He had thought he had heard something, a rustling of branches or some other noise. Whatever it was, it was a bit off putting. Something didn't seem right. Lowenthal's gut was telling him to run, but he didn't want to abandoned Opal behind, not while she was like this. "Alright, we'll talk about this at a later date. When, you're ready." Lowenthal said, turning around, hearing the noise again. "Okay, I'm not hearing things am I? You heard that too, right?" Lowenthal asked, peering into the darkness. Lowenthal wished that his sudden loss of his night vision skill hadn't happened, it made things like this much more annoying.