[PP-F1] A new start <Complete>

Another day in Aincrad. Ever since the death game was announce, hundreds and hundreds of player have lost their lives just to get used to how the combat system work. From outside the town, a man wearing blue cloth armor, hand holding an iron sword dragging his body back to town. Nobuyuki sat onto the ledge of a fountain in the middle of Starting City. His head put between his legs, supported by both hand, as he let out a frustrating cry. "Gaaaahhhh!" I can't do this!" 

Eyes from around the area gathered, all looked at the desperate man. His health bar blinking at the red marker. It's has been three days since he started to learn how to fight. Most people who know have most likely left Starting City, and in this desperate moment, he doubt anyone would help him. Everytime he went out of town, Nobuyuki escaped with a sliver of health left. Unlike most other game, if you die here, you die for good. 

Sitting hopelessly on the fountain ledge, thoughts began to rambling in his mind. Is he going to die here? Will he ever meet his friend, family or even see the real world again? Will anyone ever going to beat this damn death game?... Many random thoughts rambling in his mind, as image of him dying in the real world flashed in his head. 

Edited by CaptainUndead

Many of the people stuck in the death game that was Sword Art Online had already left the starting city in order to figure out how they could escape the game. A lot of people haven't even moved from the city however. The main reason for this being that they were simply too scared, and didn't want to die out in the field, as thousands of players have already been deleted at the hands of the vicious digital monsters. One man stayed on the starting city for a different reason however. Yuma decided that he would enjoy everything that this city had to offer before venturing forth. There was no point in leaving until a good amount of the way had been paved, and a ton of things had been discovered anyway. The old man didn't like to just jump into the unknown after all. Now that he had indeed done all of the side activities he could, and that the players opened up 11 floors above Floor 1 already, Yuma was ready to go.

Yuma still had the Basic Two-Handed Battle Axe he got from the start of the game in his inventory, so there was no need to worry about getting money for weapons. The best thing to do now was go out into the field and actually learn how to fight. The man stopped while walking through the city, just near a fountain in the middle of it. He saw a man crying about something, Always wanting to help out a person in need, Yuma walked towards the man and sat down next to him. His half-naked and buff body figure didn't really suggest that he was one who could help another person with emotional problems, but you would be surprised. 

"Um, excuse me sir, but what are you distressed about? Perhaps I could help you?" Yuma asked him, while looking at him with a smirk on his face. 

Edited by Axel Rover

Despite what people say, the first floor has some pretty great shops. I probably feel this way because I've spent far and away the most time on the first floor but something still brings me back here to buy stuff from the vendors. I was at an NPC fruit stand examining a precarious stack of oranges. If I was really bored I could've just pulled one out and watched the whole thing tumble. But I was hungry and not in the mood to get yelled at/run away. As I started looking at some other virtual goodies I heard a scream from behind me. I turned to see a player sobbing into his hands at the fountain. I didn't want to get involved so I was about to turn back but not before I saw his health bar. One more hit and he would've been dead. It looked like he had come back from the boar field. If that almost killed him he might need someone's help. I turned back to the stand and paid for an apple before walking to the fountain. When I reached the player another person had already appeared. I was in ear shot by the time he began speaking but the expression on his face unsettled me a bit. Why would he be smiling? I took a bite of my apple and began to speak the the upset newbie, "Hey, you alright? I know those pigs pack a pretty hard punch."

In the moment of desperate, Nobuyuki didn't notice a few drops of tear already rolling down on his cheek. He usually wouldn't be  the one who would cry every time trouble comes. But in here, it's the matter of life and death, and he wasn't ready to gave up on his life yet. When two men came and confront to him, he quickly wipe off the tears, looked up to them said. "Yeah... I'm alright. It's just that the combat system is so hard to control. I tried again and again, but my movement just doesn't seem to match. I don't know if I'm going to even make it out..."

Another man came up to the sobbing guy, asking what was wrong as well. Yuma always liked to think that he wasn't the only nice guy around who would take some time out of his day to help others with their problems, and this proved it.

As Yuma listened to the emotional man's problems, it appeared that they just so happened to intertwined with what Yuma was going to do next, so he recommended himself not to turn down helping no matter what else came up. 

"Well, it just so happens that I was going to set out on the field myself. Perhaps the three of us can go out together? A party is the best way to go around this world after all, or at least I heard," Yuma suggested, looking at both of the men with a smile, not trying to seem like a mean guy or anything like that. 

Edited by Axel Rover

I listened as the seated player explained what had happened. According to him, he just didn't feel the combat system. I had always considered the combat in SAO to be second nature, and extension of your own body. You readied your blade and the skill moved your body. But I guess some people could have troubles with it. Over complicating things in your mind can make even simple things ridiculously taxing. Before I had a chance to speak up the other guy began to offer his assistance. He seemed to be genuine, which was different from my initial impression. Maybe I had read him wrong. Anyway, he offered that we take the guy out to the fields and show him the ropes. That was something I was okay with, and something I had done before, but for some reason I just didn't feel like doing anything. Well I had already approached him so I was stuck there. I could probably just get away with explaining and not have to fight myself. I put my hands on my hips and followed with my own proposal. "Alright, I'll come help you out. I've had my fair share of fights in the past so I know a thing or two. But you guys can handle all that, I'll just tag along and watch." I reached over and patted my hand on the near death (and near breakdown) players shoulder to reassure him. "Don't worry, I won't let someone die on my watch. Trust me." I stood back up and took a step back, waiting for him to get up and accept or deny. 

Wasn't expecting the two to eagerly offer their help, Nobuyuki sat on the ledge, awestruck. He didn't know how to respond, and sat still for a solid minute. He finally stood up, and bowed to the two strangers, said. "Thank you so much! I'm CaptainUndead, but you can call me Nobuyuki. Please teach me the fighting mechanics so I can go and beat this death game." Once he raised his head, his facial expression changed completely. He seemed much more eager, and ready for a fight, rather than the depressed expression just a few minutes ago. Today is going to be a different day, he thought in his head, clearing all the stray thoughts of him dying away.

"Ok, so now that we are all set to go, let's get out of the city and head towards the fields where we can pick on a boar. By the way, my username is Axel Rover, and feel free to friend me whenever!" Yuma replied while getting up from his sitting position and standing in front of Noboyuki, after him and the other player replied to his suggestion about getting some hands-on experience. The man who also came to help Noboyuki explained that he has already learned to fight, so he will just be watching the two of them. Yuma lead the way to the fields, hoping that his two new friends would follow.  

Yuma headed north of the city and arrived in a portion of the grasslands surrounding it. They would soon find a boar to fight most likely, and with another person fighting, maybe Noboyuki would be a little more confident about himself. Even Yuma heard that this isn't actual fighting. The system guided you to do whatever you wanted to during a fight. Perhaps it was just the young lad's luck. 

OOC:  A regular mob has a chance to one-shot either of us considering they deal 3 base damage plus possible critical strikes. Maybe you should spawn 1 boar with 3 HP, 1 Damage, and 1 Mit? Koumori being here took away the loot option anyway, I believe. 

Edited by Axel Rover

(Oh crap I didn't even notice that. I don't want you guys getting killed by a boar as soon as you join haha. So I'll do what you suggested. And yeah sorry about the loot by the way.)

"It's fine." I said when he thanked us for offering our help. Axel quickly jumped up and began leading the way towards the exit of the town. The two of us followed him as he weaves through the fields until we reached a point when plenty of board had already spawned. Looked like the lesson was about to start and I was the teacher. Since I didn't want to actually do any fighting, mostly because it was pointless and partially because I'd kill them in one hit, I thought of something different. I bent down and picked up a small rock in my right hand and held it behind my head. "Alright let's get started" I threw the rock straight at the closest boar, hitting it right on the back. As he came around to charge at us I drew my sword to begin my explanation. "The game is based around sword skills. Once the system recognizes a skill has been activated it will take over and finish the move for you. All you have to do is raise your arm to strike and wait for the glow." As I said this I raised my arm in a battle stance and my sword began to eminate a like green glow and accompanying hum. "See, now I can use a sword skill. God the boar is slow..." I lowered my hand and resheathed my sword and took a step aside. I looked back to the field and saw the boar had gotten into position a few feet ahead and was ready to attack. "Alright Noboyuki, you're up. Just activate the skill and follow through."

Koumori 37/37 (Hate 1)

Axel Rover 4/4 (Hate 1)

CaptainUndead 4/4 (Hate 1)

Boar 3/3

Edited by Koumori

"Alright... Here goes nothing. All I need is to focus." Nobuyuki thought, as he stepped up and readied his sword. He closed his eyes, and emptied his mind. "Today is a new day. I will survive through this, and tell my friend, that Nobuyuki survived Sword Art Online!" Nobuyuki let out a battle roar, his sword now glowing with a shiny blue color. Facing the boar, he slowly picking up the pace. Start running, he charged at the Boar at full speed. Unlike many times before, he let his body relaxed. Suddenly, Nobuyuki can feel his body moving on his own, as the warrior strike the sword down onto the boar. He can feel the rhythm all coming to him, but unfortunately wasn't fast enough and just barely chipped the tail of the boar. Following the momentum moving forward, Nobuyuki tumbled across the ground, refocus his target on the wild pig. "I can feel it. Just a little bit faster." He thought silently in his head.

ID #35709 

BD: 5

Koumori: 37/37 (Hate 1)

Axel Rover: 4/4 (Hate 1)

CaptainUndead: 4/4 (Hate 1)

Boar: 3/3

Edited by CaptainUndead

Yuma watched as his and Noboyuki's current battle instructor showed them the basics of attacking. While that was happening, the old man went into his menu and equipped his Battle Axe. He began to stretch his muscles while Noboyuki finally began to attack the boar. He missed, but it was a nice try. Before the boar could attack anybody, Yuma was already on the move, running through the grasslands with his large feet, leaving behind evident footprints. The man raised his battle axe and aimed to strike hard at the boar's neck, but the monster saw his attack at the last second and bolted forward, making Yuma miss. 

"Welp, my first attack in this game ever was a miss, but I am not going to back down just yet!" Yuma shouted, ready to attack again, but would wait to see what the boar and Nobuyuki did. 

ID #35709 

BD: 5

Koumori: 37/37 (Hate 1)

Axel Rover: 4/4 (Hate 1)

CaptainUndead: 4/4 (Hate 1)

Boar: 3/3

Edited by Axel Rover

I watched in silence as both of them failed at hitting the boar. I was actually pretty surprised that they both missed considering the simplicity of the task. They really must've never done this before. Maybe I did really need to give a live demonstration. After the boar retreated from Axel and took out my sword again. "Alright guys watch me." The boar turned his attention to me and got ready. As he charged at me I made little effort to move out of the way and accepted getting sliced on the side by his horn. I had plenty of damage mitigation that it didn't even phase me. Once he passed I got ready for my attack. "Sword back, wait for glow, imagine the skil, and follow...through!" I said as I charged my skill and made my move. I darted through the air at lighting speed and slashed the entire side of the boar with my blade sending him splashing into light. I twirled my sword in my hand and placed it back on my back. "See. Just act natural" I turned and pointed back to the field and at the closest boar. "Noboyuki, go get em" 

ID:35735

BD: 7+1=8 

MD: 10-4=6 

Koumori 36/37 (Hate 2)

Axel Rover 4/4 (Hate 1)

Captain Undead 4/4 (Hate 1)

Mob DEAD

Nobuyuki was certainly surprised to see Koumori decimated the boar with only a single hit. Why would a player strong like him be doing in the first floor. He must be at least five or six levels ahead of him. Nobuyuki thought, but nonetheless. He was glad that a warrior as strong as him is around. Nobuyuki took a deep breath, looked at the stray boar walking on the field. He nodded at the suggestion of attacking the beast. Slowly approach the boar, Nobuyuki held his sword tightly in his hand, remembering what Koumori taught him. He first looked behind at both his two companion, then focused back onto the wild beast. Wait until his sword glew the same bright blue color as before, and came running at the beast. His body continued to move on its own. This time, he have calculated carefully. The blade went through the beast stomach. Excitement and adrenaline pumped through his body, as Nobuyuki jumped back, create distance between the beast and him.

ID: #37583

BD: 7 {Hit!}

Koumori: 36/37 HP (Hate: 1)

Axel Rover: 4/4 HP (Hate: 1)

CaptainUndead: 4/4 HP (Hate: 2)

Boar: 3 - 2 = 1 HP

Edited by CaptainUndead

Yuma was impressed as Koumori destroyed the bore in one slash, as if he had done this a hundred times over. He wasn't doubtful of his own attack and proceeded with bravery. The old man wanted to be just like him when he got up into the higher levels, helping out low leveled players who started late and didn't want to die during their first attempt. 

Noboyuki began to attack another boar that Komouri instructed him to, and this time his efforts we're successful, getting the monster in it's stomach, stepping back afterwards. The boar was going to come after the man due to him generating hate points, but Yuma was quick to get in between the two of them before the enemy could get the hit, raising his battle axe in the air like last time and dropping it on the boar's head. The strike was a successful one, destroying the boar completely. Yuma smiled and looked back at his friends.

"Alright then. I think think we got the hang of this fighting thing. Though, maybe we should get one more in for the day? I am not ready to turn back," The man suggested.  

ID# 35801

BD: 9

Koumori: 36/37 HP (Hate: 1)

Axel Rover: 4/4 HP (Hate: 2)

CaptainUndead: 4/4 HP (Hate: 2)

Boar: 1 - 3 = DEAD 

Edited by Axel Rover

The two seemed to be energized by my display and followed up with a one two punch to knock out the poor pig. It squeeled in pain as Axel's axe was brought down on its head. I clapped as the boar burst into colorful pixels and disappeared into the air. I smiled at the new players and congratulated them. "Awesome. See? Once you get the hang of it it's easy. You really let him have it" Axel continued and suggested that they tackle one more before wrapping up. I had no objections to staying and I was sure that they could handle it on their own. "Up to you. Go for it" I sat down on the ground with my legs crossed and waited for them to choose their next target. 

Nobuyuki looked around the grass field. For the first time he have actually notice the scenery of the place, and not just focusing on surviving. The grassland is absolutely mind blowing. Never in his life, have he notice something so majestic as such. The sun setting from over the hills, small islands with houses on top. From there, he could see the Starting City. How haven't he notice something as beautiful as such, Nobuyuki thought as he stand there, awestruck. Focused back onto the objective, he saw a boar alone just below the hill. 

"Heads up, one down here." Nobuyuki shout out for his teammates, and pulled out his sword. He waited for his weapon to shine, like Koumori taught, and start running at the waiting boar. "Take this!" He shouted, swung his sword toward the pig. The sword again, barely chipped the pigs tail. Nobuyuki overshot himself once again, misjudged his distance between the pig. Tumbling down the hill, he took the aggro of the boar, while waiting for his partner to attack it from behind.

ID: #35830

BD: 5 {Miss.}

Koumori: 37/37 HP

Axel Rover: 4/4 HP

CaptainUndead: 4/4 HP

Boar: 3/3 HP

Edited by CaptainUndead

Turn Sequence:

CaptainUndead

Axel Rover <<<

Boar [Controlled by CaptainUndead] (1 Hate towards Axel)

Yuma and Noboyuki were prepared to fight another boar, so they went searching for one across the grasslands until the party spotted one of them down the hill the were currently standing on. Noboyuki went for an attack with his sword, but he overcharged like last time and went tumbling down the hill. With something rolling past it, the boar was now aware of the players it was now meant to kill, as the word, or at least a synonym of the word, was built into it's coding.Yuma always wondered what the NPCs would be like if they had a mind of their own. Instead of pondering it for too long this time however, the old man ran down the hill with his axe in hand, going for a vertical attack that would slice the monster in half if it happened to be a one-hit kill. Before the boar could attack Noboyuki who was on the floor, Yuma's axe was burried into it's side on the left of his body, and took heavy damage. The enemy was able to wiggle itself free from the large man's grasp, tumbling down the hill the rest of the way, landing next to Noboyuki. Now it was waiting for the code it was made from to tell it what to do. 

ID# 35837

BD: 7 (Hit!)

Koumori: 37/37 HP

Axel Rover: 4/4 HP

CaptainUndead: 4/4 HP

Boar: 1/3 HP [- 2 Base Damage = 2 DMG]

Edited by Axel Rover

I grimaced as I watched Noboyuki tumble down the hill after failing to strike the boar. He had over shot his target again and his pride paid the price. I was about to get up and step in before the boar could hit him while he was down but Axel was already on the move. He seemed to be much more comfortable with the system as he brought his axe right down on the boar. It wasn't enough to kill it but it was enough to stagger it. I thought that maybe I should give Noboyuki a pep talk to raise his spirits a bit. "Come on Noboyuki, finish him! Just stay calm!"

The boar was just about to go after Nobuyuki, but it was distracted by a slash to the side by Axel. It let out a loud squeal, then switched it focus to the axe wielding warrior. The boat charged up to Axel, readied to attack him with its sharp husk. He swung his head to one side, as the sharp husk chipped across Axel leg. It falls back a few step, readied to attacked him again.

ID: #35916

MOB: 7 {Hit!}

Nobuyuki decided to take advance of the the beast focusing on Axel to strike. He waited for his sword to glew blue, and slash at the monster. The sword glide through the wind swiftly and true. It cut the boar through the head. Shone brightly then shattered into pieces, Nobuyuki ended the monster. He sheathed his sword back behind his back, his mind filled with joy. Finally after three days, he learned the basics of surviving in this world

ID: #35916

BD: 6 {Hit!}

Koumori: 37/37 HP (Hate: 1)

Axel Rover: 3/4 HP (Hate: 2)

CaptainUndead: 4/4 HP (Hate: 2)

Boar: 0 HP DEAD

Edited by CaptainUndead

Yuma wasn't fast enough to avoid the boar's tusk that cut his right leg. To his surprise, it didn't actually hurt, but his HP bar went down. It was so interesting to the old man that you could be feeling the healthiest you ever felt with only 1 HP left, but when that 1 turns into a 0, you are dead. He hoped that he never had to go through death in the game himself, since all of the players were told that they would die in real life if they died in the game. Some didn't believe the mysterious creator of the game, but Yuma did. 

Noboyuki used the boar's focus on Yuma as an advantage to slice the monster's head off, and thus it shattered into pieces that disappeared as fast as they came.The duo was now finished with their tutorial on fighting enemies, which helped a lot. Now Yuma could go on daily hunts without being nervous due to the fact that he wouldn't be able to fight. It was easier than he thought it was.

"Alright guys, thanks for taking me with you on this journey. I would like to get back to the Starting City to rest before I go on an actual hunt though, so I will see you both another day!" Yuma shouted as he walked back up the hill and headed for the city.