(OP-F5) Skeleton Cave COMPLETE

(OOC: I will be doing this thread as an SP up until someone joins)

Manta equipped her armor and then her coat over it.She always felt a little tinge of emotional pain whenever she saw or wore the jacket. It reminded her of Sousuke. She unsheathed her sword and entered the cave in front of her. She had just run out of materials for her shop and needed some more. She had sent out a request to form a hunting party, but in the meantime she thought that she might as well go ahead and get a few for later. This was the perfect floor for her level. The monsters were relatively easy and she still received drops from them. The cave was filled with glowing moss that lit up the inside and in the back their was the entrance to a tunnel. She took a step forward, only to see a skeleton spawn in front of her.

Edited by Manta Gaul

Manta aimed her sword at the enemy. She had yet to unlock the better sword skills, so the ones she had available to her weren't all that great. They didn't provide damage bonuses or anything. It was better to go without them for the moment. She charged forwards, ducking under the skeletons blade. She wasn't fast enough though, and the blade caught her on he shoulder. She still made it through the skeletons defense though and sliced into its chest before retreating, leaving a large glowing red line where she had hit it. 

Battle: 9

Craft: 8

Loot: 2

MOB: 9 (-3(EVA)=6 CRIT HIT

Skeleton: 19/20 (5(damage)+1 (crit hit)- 5 (dmg mit)= 1)

Manta: 31/40 (15(base)-6 (dmg mit)=9)

Edited by Manta Gaul

That skeleton did a lot of damage, and its damage mitigation appeared to be high enough to almost cancel out her attacks. She would have to be careful, and whittle down it's health. Even with her armor she had lost almost a fourth of her health. It was a good thing her coat gave her such an evasion boost. For this monster she would have to concentrate on dodging and counter-attacking. She moved forwards again, this time more slowly. The skeleton swung its sword and she ducked under it, stabbing forwards but missing by a few inches. She backed up again, out of the way of the skeleton.

ID# 35734 results:

Battle: 5 Miss

Craft: 11

Loot: 5

MOB: 8 (-3 (EVA)=5) Miss

Energy: 8/10

Edited by Manta Gaul

(Am I the only one who feels threatened by the enemies 15 damage attacks?)

As much as I would rather not I somehow still found myself in the depths of a cave on the fifth floor. I had come here in search of a rare item but my information must've been bad. I spent at least an hour searching around before I decided to leave. I began the trek back to the entrance, avoiding as many enemies as possible, until I could almost see the light spilling through the entrance. As I stepped out of a small passage way and into the main channel I heard a scream come from my right. I turned to look at its source but I was smashed in the shoulder by something and tumbled to the ground. I quickly shook off my daze and unsheathed my sword, ready to face my attacker. When my eyes adjusted to the lighting I was surprised to see that I was facing a relatively innocent looking female player. She seemed to be about as startled as I was so I figured it must've been an accident. Plus she didn't have an orange marker so it looked like I was in the green. I laughed awkwardly as I resheathed my sword and began scratching the back of my head. "Sorry about that, I should look where I'm going"

thats awkward i typed typed this before your last two posts

Edited by Koumori

(OOC: It works. And the tutorial said damage is 3 x floor level... Its definitely intimidating. Im more intimidated by the damage mitigation though)

Manta pulled her arm back,twisting her body to add extra power to her next blow. She felt her shoulder hit something though, and turned to see what had happened. If she was surrounded by monsters again... She had AOE attacks,but it got hard to keep track when their were a bunch of enemies. It turnout to just be another player though. His marker was green, so she assumed that he had just not been paying attention. She hadn't been paying attention either, so it was kind of her fault as well.

During the fight with the skeleton they had switched positions so that she was now in front of the tunnel and the skeleton was between her and the exit. The new person wasn't too much of a problem, she just hoped he could take care of himself. It would be great if he was a strong player. "Sorry. Fighting a monster here, and I wasn't paying much attention." She ducked under the skeletons sword strike and lunged forwards. "Ill give you a better apology after this is I survive."

ID# 35736 results:

Battle: 7 Hit   1 DMG

Craft: 8

Loot: 3

MOB: 2 Miss

Skeleton: 18/20

Manta: 31/40

Edited by Manta Gaul

(My roll was too awful for anything to happen so I'm just not gonna post it)

The girl quickly apologized to me and turned her attention to something over my shoulder. I turned to look and saw a skeleton mob standing behind me. Well she was certainly in a fight. The skeleton lunged forward and took a strike at her but she was easily able to dodge it. "I'm sure you'll be fine. But do you want my help?" I reached back and began to draw my sword. 

(Sorry for the short post, I'm quite busy atm)

Manta smiled at the newcomer, an action that she hadn't done in a good bit of time. The isolation of the last months had turned her into a much less happy, more untrusting person. The smile that had always graced her lips before was now a rarity. Still, the politeness of the other player made her smile. She had elbowed him in the face and he seemed completely unfazed, and not offended at all. She also found it funny how he thought she would be okay fighting this skeleton. "Are you seeing the damage misdoing to this thing? Plus it takes almost a whole quarter of my health off with each hit! Help out if you'd like, but I call the material."

She charged forwards, not paying too much attention to her opponents weapon. the skeleton stabbed forwards, catching her in the side. She continued with her strike though, carving a red line into its head. She stepped back off of the skeletons sword. "Help would be appreciated..." She called out, her health shifting down into the yellow. If she took another hit she would have to use one of her potions, and she didn't want to have to do that.

ID# 35739 results:

Battle: 10 (5+2-5= 2 DMG)

Craft: 1

Loot: 14

MOB: 10 (-3=7 Hit) 15-6=9 DMG

Energy: 6/10

Skeleton: 16/20

Manta: 22/40

Edited by Manta Gaul

The girl seemed to welcome my arrival as I saw a pleasant smile form across her face. Perhaps she was hoping to run into someone to travel with her. That smile quickly disappeared when she brought herself back to the moment and resumed the battle, calling out to me that her chances didn't seem too high. The two exchanged blows but the girl suffered much greater damage. There was no way this would end well if she did this on her own. I gripped my blade and ran towards her to offer my help. "This doesn't look very good." The split second I took my attention away from the skeleton to say that was a big mistake. I darted around just in time to launch myself in a backward summer sault away from his strike. I landed upright a few feet back and let out a laugh. "Hey watch the hair I just got it cut." The only plus side was that the skeleton was left open for an attack. "Go! Switch!"

ID: 35748

BD: 2

MD: 8-4=4

LD: 19

Koumori 41/41 Hate 1

Ebony 22/40 Hate 3

Skeleton 16/20

+1 Mat? I feel awkward about doing it in the middle of combat 

(OOC: We can shear off bone pieces and call those mats maybe...)

Manta was glad that the other player had dodged so effortlessly, and she moved in to take advantage of the opening. It was just a feint though, and the skeleton used it's other hand to swing a back handed slap at her. She jumped up and did a little flip over it before swinging her sword. The skeleton had already moved though, and her blade went right past it. She backed up a bit and prepared to come to the other players aid if she had too. She wasn't going to let another player die if she could help it. If it came to it she would throw herself in front of him. It wasn't that she really liked him, she barely knew him. She'd just always wanted to die in a dramatic way, not of old age in her bed. That didn't mean she was suicidal though. She didn't WANT to die, she was just prepared for that possibility.

ID# 35759 results:

Battle: 3

Craft: 1

Loot: 1

MOB: 6

Koumori 41/41 Hate 1

Manta 22/40 Hate 3

Skeleton 16/20

(Okay, I'll add it when we beat him)

The opening left by the attack didn't last long enough for the girl to get in an attack. Instead she had to dodge yet another strike by the skeletal monster. She leaped backwards in a similar fashion to me and landed off to my right. She quickly returned to my side and readied to back me up. I didn't know this girl but she seemed ready to put her life on the line, maybe even to protect me. If she was willing then I had to do my part. This time I would get in a strike. I launched myself at the monster and leaped over his swinging weapon. I spun in the air and landed behind him and drove my sword straight into his back. I quickly leaped backwards out of his reach and called out to my fighting partner. "Awesome I got him...with one damage. Are we sure this thing isn't a boss?"

ID: 35785

BD: 5+1=6

MD: 2-4=-2 (suck it)

Koumori 41/41 Hate 2

Manta 22/40 Hate 3

Skeleton 15/20 (honestly, why so much mit? What's the point?)

(OOC: Youd have to ask an admin that. I was just following the template I was given...)

Manta looked over at the other player. "According to my information this monster is the weakest one someone of my level can fight and still get loot. Pretty sure my information broker is an idiot though." She called back. Manta brandished her sword and ran forwards, rolling under the skeletons strike and between his legs. She rolled back to her feet behind the monster and twirled, sending a single slash across his back before circling back towards the other player, the monsters attention fully on her. "Let me know if your health is getting low. I have two health potions." She called over to him. It probably wasn't the best idea to go advertising that she had uncommon items in her inventory, but if he didn't know she had it he couldn't ask for it if he needed it.

Rolls D10 = 8
Rolls D12 = 2
Rolls D20 = 3
MOBS Roll = 3 (-3)=0

Koumori 41/41 Hate 2

Manta 22/40 Hate 4

Skeleton 14/20

(Haha I know that's what it says in the rules. It's just crazy OTL)

After I yelled to her she looked at me and shouted back. So this is the lowest enemy on the floor? God I need to up my game. "I think your broker might've been on something!" I yelled back as she leaped at the skeleton for another attack. She made a clean hit and leaped back. As soon as she landed I lunged forward myself to get in another rapid strike but I wasn't able to reach it before it doubled back and took a swing at me. I had no choice but to bail on my attack and slide under his attack. I turned around and looked back up at it from my knees then back over to the girl. She yelled something to me about having a health potion if things got bad. I was surprised that she was so willing to share it with me given that she knew nothing about me, let alone my name. What about me made her trust me like that. "Good to know! Let's hope it doesn't come to that. But we might actually start hitting him to win" I got back up to my feet and waited for the girl to make her move. 

Rolls too low

Koumori 41/41 Hate 2

Manta 22/40 Hate 4

Skeleton 14/20

(we should probably start using sword skills. I could get 8 base damage instead of 4)

(OOC: The only sword skills I can use wont help at all. I only have an AOE attack and a basic attack)

Manta smiled. They already were hitting the skeleton, she wasn't at all sure what the guy was talking about. Maybe he was talking about sword skills? The ones she had access to were terrible for one on one fights. She had a single basic attack, and another area attack. Neither would help in this situation. "We're making progress, and that's what matters. Just keep dodging." She ran forwards and made another attack using hit and run tactics. She sliced it through the back while it was distracted with the other player. By now it had red lines all over it from their attacks, giving it an almost comic look. Still, that comic look was outweighed by the health bar that was a little above half health.

ID# 35799 results:

Battle: 10 Crit hit, 3 DMG

Craft: 4

Loot: 16 (+1 Mat)

MOB: 7 (-3)=4 Miss

Koumori 41/41 Hate 2

Manta 22/40 Hate 5

Skeleton 11/20

Edited by Manta Gaul

She yelled something at me before darting at the skeleton again and slicing it through its back, taking out just a bit more health. This time the opening was sure to last long enough and I was determined to hit it now. I smiled and lunged for the creature. "What I meant was, we have to hit hard!" I yelled as I activated my sword skill. My blade lit up with light as I activated <Uppercut>. I came in low and heaved my sword upward, leaving behind a deep Crimson gash up the length of the skeleton's body. He staggered backwards as I leaped to my starting position. I exhaled a breath and called out. "Alright we're on a roll"

ID: 35803

BD: 7+1=8

MD: 5-4=1

Koumori 41/41 Hate 3

Manta 22/40 Hate 5

Skeleton 8/20

Energy 2/9 (I think)

Manta charged forwards, determined to draw the monsters attention to give the other player a better chance of hitting the monster. He appeared to have some heavy hitting sword skills, unlike her, so it was more important that his attacks go through than hers. If he had any energy left that is. She swung her blade at the skeleton but it sidestepped and brought it's blade down towards her back. She rolled forwards out o the way having successfully attracted the monsters attention. She hoped the boy had taken advantage of the opening. It wouldn't be too big a deal if he hadn't, but every point of damage helped. "I'll try to distract it. I don't have powerful sword skills, so ill make openings and you blast him with your sword skills." She shouted over to him.

ID# 35808 results:

Battle: 1

Craft: 9

Loot: 13

MOB: 1 (-3)= -2

Koumori 41/41 Hate 3

Manta 22/40 Hate 5

Skeleton 8/20

Energy:7/10

(OOC:You gain an energy point every turn, so normal attacks don't technically cost anything. So I actually have  7/10 energy cause i use one each turn and gain it back the next)

(OOC: Sorry for the wait btw.)

Edited by Manta Gaul

After my attack the girl was quick to move and ran towards the skeleton full speed but instead of attacking him she was merely drawing her attention. She yelled something to me about making an opening for me to attack. She must've noticed the power of my last attack and figured she'd let me do the big shots. I grinned at the thought. When the skeleton creature seemed sufficiently distracted I ran towards him at full speed, so fast my eyes threatened to tear up. I held back my sword and activated the skill <Snake Bite>. When the sword began emitting its fierce glow I could feel the power surging through me. I could tell this attack would be devastating. "Ahhhhhhhhhhhh" I screamed as I reached the creature and turned all my momentum into a devistatingly fast spin. My sword sliced nearly clean through the fragile bones before I came to a stop, but I wasn't done. I brought the same energy back around and made a quick slice upward with another echoing scream. But as my sword rose so did the mobs, and right towards my stomach. Too late to bail out, I continued my strike as I was impaled in the abdomen. Yet somehow I was still the victory. My blade went clean through at the shoulder and sent its bony left arm tumbling to the ground. Wasting no time I reached for the foreign object in my torso and pulled it out before leaping to a safe distance. When I was settled I clutched the glowing wound, it hurt more than I thought. The girl was no doubt concerned about me so I extended my hand in a thumbs up. "I'm okay, you should see the other guy"

ID:35814

BD: 10+1=11

MD: 10-4=6 (crit)

Koumori 30/41

Manta 22/40

Skeleton 1/20

Energy 1/9

Edited by Koumori

(OOC: Wounds in SAO don't hurt btw)

Manta watched as the other player activated another skill and did a really amazing combo. It probably wasn't all that impressive to most people, but to someone who had no combos it was particularly impressive.  The skeleton was still standing, so Manta charged it. It's health was in the red and it should only take one more hit... And she missed, going right past the skeleton as it leaned to the right out of her way. She tripped over a rock and tumbled forwards onto the ground, keeping hold of her sword. She had only needed to do one more damage! She got back the her feet and prepared to try again if the other player didn't take care of it for her. Meanwhile the skeleton seemed ready to start punching in place of swinging a sword, it's remaining arm up and ready to punch.

ID# 35820 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 12

Loot: 3

MOB: 2

Koumori 30/41

Manta 22/40

Skeleton 1/20

Energy: 6/10

The girl seemed to be impressed by my attack but was more focused on finishing off the enemy. His health was so low it was almost nonexistent so she probably figured that anything would be enough to kill it. She went in for the finishing blow but caught her foot on a rock and ended up tumbling to the ground. I had to raise my hand to my mouth to stop myself from laughing. Thankfully she didn't notice and quickly got back on her feet. "You alright?" I felt bad that she had messed up so spectacularly on her finishing move so I thought I'd give her another chance. "It's okay the kills all yours. You started this fight anyway."

ID: 35828

BD:2

LD:20

MD:5

Koumori 30/41

Manta 22/40

Skeleton 1/20

Energy 0/9

+1 Mat (2 Total)

Edited by Koumori

(OOC: No doubt im gonna miss again.... Edit: Knew it.)

Manta swung again, but the skeleton moved to the side again. It was strange how it was so hard to hit all of a sudden. She wanted the kill, but she couldn't get it if she couldn't even hit the skeleton. She moved in again, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration. The monster appeared to be taunting her, focusing completely on dodging rather than trying to hit her. Manta made a decision then and there that when she got back from this she would order some sort of item to enhance her accuracy. She swqung again and the skeleton jumped backwards out of the way.

ID# 35869 results:

Battle: 5

Craft: 4

Loot: 13

MOB: 3

Koumori 30/41

Manta 22/40

Skeleton 1/20

Energy: 5/10

(Oh course I have to miss too OTL)

The skeleton continued to dodge the girls blows, thoroughly pissing her off. Attempt after attempt was sidestepped as the skeleton made no attempt to retaliate. I just wanted to end it so I approached the thing and swung my sword hard. He ducked below the blade and my sword smacked into the cave wall behind it. My sword vibrated like a tuning fork and sent me stumbling backwards. It took me a few seconds to stop my teeth from shaking but I eventually regained my composure. "Cowardess: the ultimate defense." 

ID: 35871

BD: 2

MD: 3

LD: 16

Koumori 30/41

Manta 22/40

Skeleton 1/20

Energy 0

+1 Mat (3 total)