[PP-F5] [COMPLETED] Challenge Accepted (Manta Gaul)

I arrived at the designated spot just before dawn. I stood outside the cave where we had accidentally met just three days ago and waited for Manta to arrive. I was surprised when she suggested we have a duel. I thought we were only talking hypothetically when we talked about duels but it turned out she was serious. But I guess it wasn't all bad. The only duel I had ever been in was the fist fight with Mack and that hardly counted. I was curious to see what they were really like. And we were similar levels so we should be about evenly matched. Normally I'd be worried about getting murdered by accident but neither of us had powerful enough attacks to wipe the other out from half health (this was a half health duel by the way). So I stood there with my hands on my hips and exhaled as I watched the sunrise. All that was left for her to arrive  

Edited by Koumori

Manta strode up to the entrance to the cave. She was a bit surprised to see Koumori there, as she had come a little bit early. It looked like he had already been their for a few minutes. She had wanted to experience PvP with someone that she trusted, and it seemed like Koumori was interested in it too. They had agreed to have a half-loss duel in front of the cave where they had first met. "Hey Koumori! How are you doin'?" She called out before jogging over and adjusting the equipment she had on through her player menu. She wanted her gauntlets, her sword, and her new breastplate... Done. With everything equipped she was ready to pound Koumori into the ground. Of course she would be nice about it.

After a few minutes I saw a silhouette appear over the horizon. I fixed my gaze on the figure and recognized Manta coming towards me. She jogged over to where I was standing while calling out my name. I raised my hand and returned her wave as she came to a stop a few feet in front of me. "Hey. Ready to get this show on the road?" I asked her, cutting straight to the chase. As much as I was looking forward to the duel I wanted it to be over as quickly as possible. I had never been in one and I just wanted to stay alive as much as the next guy but I knew I'd be safe. On the other hand, I had no plan on going easy on the girl. It was all or nothing, no backing down from a fight. 

Manta laughed. "Are you that ready to get beaten?" She asked jokingly, smiling. "Here's the deal. I don't know your sword skills, but there is always the possibility that you have a super powerful one. If you have a powerful sword skill that has a chance of killing me, don't use it. I don't have a skill like that, but if I did I wouldn't use it on you. This is a friendly fight. We aren't trying to kill each other." She stopped talking, pretty much finished. "All right? I just wanted to get that out of the way. This is a half-loss by the way. I think I mentioned that in the message." To tell the truth she couldn't remember off the top of her head what she had written. She swiped her hand in the air, the gauntlets on her hands shimmering in the beautiful sunrise. The sun had just started to peak over the horizon, and the sun had taken on a reddish hue. With a few taps she had successfully sent Koumori the duel invitation.

"Cocky are you? We'll see about that" Manta proceeded by giving me the details of the duel. Everything she said I was already thinking so I was happy to agree. "Sounds good to me. I have no intention of risking your life." I said with a smile. We backed away from each other and prepared for the duel. Within seconds the request appeared in front of me and I quickly pressed accept. A count down clock appeared between us and went down from ten. When it reached zero I made my move, determined to get my first strike in. I reached her almost instantly and brought my sword down hard...

ID:35933

BD: 7-3+1=5 MISS

Koumori 45/45

Manta 48/48

Energy 8/10

Relevent Stats

+4 Evasion

+1 Accuracy

+6 Damage Mitigation

(I'd list them all but the others only apply when I do calculation)

Edited by Koumori

Manta smiled as Koumori seemed desperate to get the first strike in.  She was perfectly fine with him making the first move, but she wasn't about to let him hit her. Manta sidestepped away from his sword strike and swung one of her own at his face. Her evasion should help her immensely when combined with her regen enhancements on her gloves. If he injured her she'd just keep dodging until her health regenerated all the way back to full. Her face was one of full concentration, with no clear expression on it.

ID# 35935 results:

Battle: 5 (-4)=1 Miss

Craft: 4

Loot: 8

MOB: 8

(OOC: I didn't use Concentration btw. That was just a description)

Manta: 48/48

Koumori: 45/45

Energy: 10/12

Manta effortlessly sidestepped my attack and quickly followed up with her own. I was surprised but not surprised enough to leave myself vulnerable. I was able to duck plenty below the blade that was swung at my face and slide my own sword up vertically for a retaliation of my own. 

ID: 35938

BD: 8-4+1=5 (Why couldn't you have 3?!)

Koumori 45/45

Manta 48/48

Energy 7/10

Manta rolled to the side, coming back up on her feet. "Nice. Your almost  as good as me." She said calmly, smiling. She dashed forwards, light on her feet so that she could change direction at any time to dodge an incoming attack. The adrenaline was rushing through her body, and now, instead of that hyper-focused look on her face, she had an overjoyed look. There was nothing she loved better than a good fight, at least lately. It got the blood pumping and kept her in the moment.

ID# 35939 results:

Battle: 2 -4= -2 Miss

Craft: 8

MOB: 7

Energy: 9/12 (-2+1)

Manta roller backwards to avoid my strike and popped back up on her feet. But this time she didn't attack, only stood at the ready. She had a wide smile on her face and I noticed that I had one too. So far we were nearly equally matched in speed and it was exhilarating. I smiled even more and talked instead of attacking. "Not gonna go? More for me!" I lunged forward again and plunged my blade toward Manta like a spear. 

ID: 35940

BD: 1...do you hate me game?

LD: 20 

Koumori 45/45

Manta 48/48

Energy 6/10

+1 Mat

Edited by Koumori

Manta shoved down into the ground with her right foot, anchoring her. She used her foot as a pivot point and converted the forwards momentum she had into yet another roll. The foot she had used as an anchor knocked off a piece of rock, which appeared in her inventory as a material. What luck! She rolled once, under the point of his blade, and got back up quickly, her own sword already at the ready. She made a move towards him, slashing widely with her sword in order to give him less room to dodge her.

ID# 35941 results:

Battle: 6 (-4)=2 Miss

Craft: 12

Loot: 19 (Taking advantage of this, +1 mats)

MOB: 10

Koumori 45/45

Manta 48/48

Energy: 8/12

(I want mats too *edits last post*)

She was no less ready for me than she was before, rolling out of the way of my attack. "You like to roll don't you?" She was fast for sure but for now she was only showing one trick. When I turned back around to face her she began launching a flurry of attacks at me. Instead of trying to dodge them one by one I leaped into the air and landed behind her. I quickly made an attempt at a slash. Something told me I'd have no luck. 

ID: 35942

BD: 3-4+1=0

Koumori 45/45

Manta 48/48

Energy 5/10

Manta spun around, already doing a strange version of the limbo in order to dodge the slash. She stood back up straight within seconds, her hair creating a halo around her as she moved. She tossed her sword from her left hand to her right and sent a lightning fast jab at Koumori's ribs. She was pretty sure that she wouldn't hit him, but she put her strength behind the blow anyway. If it missed  she would be able to use that forward momentum to do a flip, or roll in order to dodge, or just to look cool

ID# 35943 results:

Battle: 6 (-4) Miss

Craft: 12

MOB: 2

Koumori 45/45

Manta 48/48

Energy: 7/12

She dodged my attack with ease, without a roll I might add, and quickly moved into position to stab me in the ribs. I sidestepped it and covered the distance of the blade back to her body, my blade held in position to slice her side if she didn't move. 

ID: 35974

BD: 1 (Yay)

Koumori 45/45

Manta (48/48)

Energy 4/10

Manta tapped his sword with her blade and did another roll. She didn't usually dodge with rolls, but she felt like they looked pretty cool, and she wanted to impress Koumori. She retreated away from him to give herself a moment to speak. "With our evasion enhanced equipment it will take forever for either of us to get a hit in. And even if you do hit me ill just regen the health. Might I suggest we unequip our evasion enhanced items? Or all our equipment except our swords?" She called over to him.

ID# 35975 results:

Battle: 4 MIss

Loot: 19

(Oh boy today is my lucky day)

Manta brought down her blade with lighting fast speed to knock mine aside and finished off her counter with another roll. If anything she was really good at them, nice form. When she got to her feet she retreated backwards and called out to me. She suggested that we both unequip all our items save for our swords. Normally I'd be against the idea but this time I was all for it. A duel of just dodging would go on forever. "Alright I'm in. I'm unequiping everything." I brought my hand up to activate my menu and after a few swipes both my coat and chest plate had vanished, leaving me standing there in only my hooded vest. I waited for Manta to do the same and got ready for my attack. This time when I charged my sword skill I knew it would be a big hit. I lunged toward her and activated the skill <Uppercut> Starting from nearly the ground I brought my sword upward and was able to create a red streak of light up most of the length of her body. When my attack was finished I leapt back to get out of striking distance. Yes! The first hit and it was my most powerful attack. 

ID: 35976

BD: 10 (Let's go!!) 4base+2crit X 2

Koumori 45/45

Manta 36/48

Energy 2/10

Edited by Koumori

Manta unequipped everything but her sword, and almost as soon as she'd swiped the menu away Koumori charged up an attack and swung his sword at her. It was taking her a bit to get used to the reduction in her evasion, so the sword strike hit her head on, sending her a foot up into the air and sending her skidding about a yard back when she landed. She picked up her sword from where it had fallen next to her and stood up a bit shakily. The red line bisecting her body did NOT go well with her outfit. She raised her sword and shuffled forwards, closer to Koumori. She activated her extra skill <<Concentration>> before commencing her attack. She feinted a slash from the left side before stabbing the tip of her sword into his chest. She leapt back out of range immediately after.

ID# 35977 results:

Battle: 7 (-1)=6 Hit Damage: 1 (base)+3 (enhancements) + 1 (sword skill rank 1)+ 1 (extra skill: concentration)= 6 DMG

Craft: 3

Loot: 18

MOB: 2

Koumori 39/45 (-6)

Manta 36/48

Energy: 8/12 (Didn't attack last turn, so I regained a point of energy)

<<Concentration>>: 5/5 (Cooldown)

Manta went fly in the air from the force of my attack and landed feet away from where she had started. When she stood up she saw the red gash in her body and a deep grimace appeared on her face. She looked back up at me with eyes on fire. Oh uh. She charged up a skill and dashed towards me. I wasn't used to having less evasion, like I suspected she hadn't been, so I didn't have time to dodge the true strike of her sword: my stomach. Her blade dug into my abdomen before retreating with her as she hopped backwards. My only reaction was a smile. I stood there calmly and activated yet another sword skill. My sword began glowing a deep crimson red as it hung at my side, the signal of <Snake Bite>. I leaned forward slightly and disappeared from where I was standing. I reappeared in an instant right in front of where Manta was standing. I swung my sword toward her with a loud scream "Arrrrrrrrr" as I cut her deep across her chest. But I wasn't don't yet. When my spin ended I leaped in the air and spun my blade in the opposite direction with the same ferocity in both power and voice as before. My blade hit true and created yet another diagonal slice across her chest, forming a red "X". I landed on the ground in front of her and stood up. My attack had knocked out another 12 of her HP, leaving her at half. I smiled calmly and said "I believe that's game."

ID: 35978

BD: 10 (The heart of the cards!)

Koumori 39/45

Manta 24/48 Half health

Energy 1/10

Manta was a bit confused by Koumori's sudden change of emotions. She wasn't too upset by the turn of the battle. Her skills weren't great, and she generally relied on her equipment. She had fully expected to lose once they had removed the majority of their equipment, mostly because she had seen the sword skills Koumori had used before in the fight with the skeleton. One second he was full of emotion and screaming a battle cry, and the next he was calm and composed. She shook it off. Some people had weird quirks. "Yeah. Good duel." She smiled and held out her hand to shake his. Meanwhile her health was rapidly regenerating.

Manta: 33/48 (+9) (Out of combat regeneration, base +3, +6 from extra skill <<survival>>)

(OOC: Thought that might give them something to talk about?)

(Don't want to do too many things at once.) 

Manta gracefully accepted defeat and happily shook my hand. The battle had turned heavily in my favor but that was only because she suggested we remove our equipment. If she hadn't we'd probably be going at it for hours and she'd likely end up the winner with that regen of hers. It just seemed that I had better sword skills, at least for now. The duel signaled that I was the winner and all signs of the battle disappeared. I took a step back and cracked my back. "So how was that for your first duel? Gotta say it turned out differently than I expected. Maybe next time we should consider how ridiculous our evasion is huh?"

"It certainly is annoying when your not the only one using it. Lets plan for our next duel. Are we going to do the same thing? Or use all of our equipment next time? Because I want to be prepared." If they were going to be using their equipment the next time, Manta would make sure to buy an item with an accuracy boost. And if they weren't, Manta would focus more on her skills. "And it was fun. It was a lot more exciting than fighting a mob. Maybe we could make duels a regular thing to improve our skills." She suggested, having just come up with that idea.