[PP-F1] From the Top - Complete

Teion let out a wide yawn, laying sprawled out on the grassy hills of the first floor. She wasn't far out from the city's edge, but she ignored the passive boar mobs that wandered around her. Stretching her arms above her head, she closed her eyes and soaked in the feeling of the bright sun against her cheeks. She needed to take some time to herself, and she always enjoyed the calm atmosphere of the first floor. A lot had happened lately, and she wanted to enjoy the game for a while before heading back into the stress of leveling and running her shop.

Edited by Teion

ID: 36283

BD: 3 (Fail)

MD: 9 (Critical Success)

Isen: 4\4 -> 1\4 (2+1=3 DMG)

Boar: 4\4

'I suppose it's time,' Isen thought as he stepped through the city gates and into the field. He saw scattered groups of boars, as well as a few players running around, most likely farming. 'If I am to begin helping, I need to start leveling up.'

Isen made his way to a lone boar and, looking around to make sure nothing else would interfere, charged up to it and threw a basic punch. Unfortunately, Isen's angle was off, and he missed widly as the boar lashed out. It caught him in the stomach with its tusks, tearing a bright, pixellated gash out of him and bringing him to his knees. "Damn it!" Isen shouted, suddenly on the brink of death. 

Edited by Isen
Wording
  • ID: 36285
  • BD: 10  (Critical Success)
  • LD: 1 (no loot)
  • Boar's HP: 4/4 -> 0/4 (3+3=6 DMG)

Teion had rolled over to her side, watching some of the low-level players fighting boars to gain experience. She let out another small yawn as she watched a few different players.  Not too far away she spotted a dark-haired man with claw weapons that caught her interest. She hadn't seen the style of weapon in action yet, so she was curious to see how it worked. The player swung at the boar and missed his mark. Suddenly the beast made a counterattack that hit its mark, dropping the player's HP into the red zone. As if out of instinct, Teion jumped to her feet and drew her axe. The monster wasn't too far away--she only hoped she could reach them in time, as the boar reared up to strike again. She quickly closed the gap between them and brought the blade of her axe down hard, cleaving the monster in two.

As the boar squealed and burst into pixels, Teion took a moment to catch her breath. Looking over to the man, Teion grew a bit nervous, unsure how to approach him. "Hey... Are you alright?" She asked hesitantly, eyeing his low health and waiting for the game's regeneration to kick in.

Breathing heavily, Isen looked up, hand clutched to his gored side. He let out a sigh of relief as the armored girl's axe split the boar in twain. "Thank you. If you hadn't come along, I would most likely be dead," he stated matter-of-factly. Feeling the out-of-combat healing kick in, Isen rose and gave the girl a slightly off balance bow. 

"My name is Isen. Thank you again for saving me."  He extended his hand, at least owing that much, if not more, to someone that would willingly go out of their way to help another. It was a rare sight to him these days.

Teion sheathed the axe behind her back, letting the man get back to his feet. She listened to him speak, and raised a hand in front of her. "Oh, no need to thank me!" She felt a bit embarrassed. Looking at his starter gear, she could tell he must not have much experience yet. She took his hand in a small handshake, not wanting to seem rude. "I'm Teion." She fiddled with the edge of her armor nervously. "So, are you just training out here by yourself?"

"Yes, I am. I..." Isen trailed off. He wasn't ready to talk about that yet. "I have not found anyone... able... to adventure with yet." Brushing himself off, Isen stretched and looked around. He could see other packs of boars roaming around, and knew he would need assistance. At this point, he needed experience more than materials, and Teion seemed, at least for now, a decent person. 

"This may be a bit forward, but would you be willing to help me gain some experience? You would most likely get all of the materials, and if you'd like I would be happy to give you any I might get." Thinking, he added sheepishly, "Unfortunately I do not have any col yet, and would be unable to pay you."

"Ahh, I mean..." Teion waved her hands in front of her in embarrassment. "Sure, I don't mind helping you. And you don't need to pay me for it. It would be just mean to charge a lower level for some help with EXP..." She muttered as her gaze drifted to the side. She shook her head lightly, speaking up again, "So if I help you kill the mobs, they most they'll drop is materials, and that's rare." She explained. "If you kill them yourself, they have a chance to drop items and col. You'll get the same amount of experience either way."

Teion placed her hands on her hips and surveyed the grassy hills around them. "So it's up to you! Why don't you lead the way?" She said with a confident grin.

Isen thought about it for a moment and replied, "Well, while getting drops would be nice, I am honestly not positive I would not die in the process." He began walking farther into the field, assuming Teion was following. "Though I suppose if I fight weaker monsters and mostly forgo getting items, I could get more experience relatively safely..." he thought aloud. Starting various calculations in his head, Isen decided this was the best course of action and charged heedlessly ahead.

• ID: 36408
  • BD: 1 (Critical fail)
  • MD: 9 (Critical success)
  • Isen: 4/4 -> 2/4
  • Boar: 1/1

Isen slowed down as he spotted a young boar rooting around in the bushes. 'Perfect!' he thought as he ran at it. Swiping across with his right fist, Isen thought for a moment that he would score a solid hit, but at the last second he lost his footing and the punch went wide, missing entirely. 

The boar quickly turned around retaliated, opening up a solid gash in Isen's leg with its tusks. Isen shouted in rage, masking the pain and getting ready to continue the fight.

Edited by Isen
  • ID#: 36412
  • LD: 9 (no loot)

Teion was trailing behind Isen as he spoke mostly to himself. She quickened her pace a bit to keep up with him and he spotted a monster to fight and headed straight for it. She kept on eye on the combat, kicking around the dirt nearby to see if she could unearth any ores or other materials while she waited.

As Isen went in for an attack and missed, Teion watched cautiously. The boar landed a solid hit on him, and her heartbeat quickened as his health bar dropped rapidly. It stopped at about half, but she still gripped the handle of her axe with one hand, hesitating before drawing the weapon. She didn't want to interrupt him, but she quickly grew worried he would take too much damage. "Ahh... Do you want my help?!" She called to him, hoping he would recover.

Edited by Teion
  • ID: 36409
  • BD: 8 (Success)
  • LD: 17 (1 material)
  • Isen: 2/4
  • Boar: 1/1 -> 0/1

Catching his breath, Isen called back, "No!" as he moved back into range. Kicking his leg out behind him for extra force, he landed a heavy blow on the boar's head, and it crumbled before bursting into pixels. A popup appeared in front of Isen's face, and, accepting it, he received 1 x boar hide. Taking a few deep breaths, Isen turned towards Teion and joked, "See? I was just building dramatic tension to make my victory that much more exciting."

In reality, the man was disappointed in himself, and more than a bit afraid that he was not up to the challenge of reaching the Front Lines.

"My apologies. Just a moment and I should be ready for more," he stated to Teion, trying to cover up his worry with formality.

Edited by Isen
  • ID#: 36414
  • LD: 19 (1 crafting material) (1 total)

Teion sighed with relief as she watched Isen destroy the boar and head back over. She took her hand away from the handle of her axe and took a step forward to meet him. She felt a lump beneath her boot, and upon further inspection, unearthed a piece of ore that she quickly grabbed and placed in her inventory. Happy that she managed to find something after all, she smiled as Isen approached, joking about the fight. She waved a hand in front of her at his last comment, "Of course, take your time. The regen takes a second to kick in."

• ID#: 36424
  • LD: 2 (Fail)

Isen took a few more deep breaths and, using the downtime  while he waited for regeneration to kick in, searched the bushes the boar had been rustling. Unfortunately, he found nothing. "It seems the boars already got the plants in this area," he sighed, slightly discouraged. Isen turned to Teion, and suddenly a realization hit him.

"What is someone so much higher level than the enemies doing here?" he asked, suddenly wary. He fervently hoped he was overreacting, as he had let his guard down around the girl, and could not see a way out. Isen had heard stories of higher level player killers using the low level areas as easy hunting grounds. He readied himself to either run or fight, even though he knew there would not be much hope against her.

• ID#: 36445
  • LD: 19 (1 crafting material) (2 total)

Teion raised her eyebrows in surprise at his last comment, feeling a little sad as her gaze drifted to the side. "Ahh, yeah. I get why you'd be cautious." As if in response, she sat down on the grassy field, half-heartedly digging around in the dirt at her feet. "I haven't gone that much higher, actually. I've only been to the fifth floor because of my shop." She admitted with a proud smile. "To be honest, I just wanted to take a break for a little. I can't help at the frontlines, and there's nothing on the first floor for me except the busy town and the nice weather. At this point, all I can do is try to catch up." She sighed, but still smiled. Her fingers ran over a groove in the dirt as she was able to pull out another small chunk of ore. "And I wouldn't pass up the materials!" She added with a soft laugh, adding the item to her inventory.

• ID: 36444
  • LD: 14 (no loot)

Realizing how paranoid he was acting, Isen immediately dropped his fighting stance and attempted to make amends. "I... I am sorry. I do not trust others easily, and I have heard rumors of player killers using the low level fields as hunting grounds. You have shown me nothing but kindness, and I have repaid you with distrust and accusations."

Leaning over, he scoured the ground for some sort of material to present to Teion as an apology. For a moment he thought he saw a glint of metal and dug down a little bit with his fingers, but it turned out to be a trick of the light. "Well," he started, trying to lighten the mood, "at least this is proving to be a lucrative material trip for you..." Isen trailed off with an apologetic half-smile, hoping he had not damaged their partnership beyond repair.

Edited by Isen
  • ID#: 36483
  • LD: 9 (no loot) (2 total)

Teion shrugged as she continued looking around nearby, having no further luck finding materials. "Don't worry about it. I can't blame you," She said rather simply, giving him a small, reassuring smile. "You have a good reason to be cautious. I've heard the stories, too." She leaned forward and lifted herself back up, brushing her knees off and stretching her arms above her head. "Either way," She gave a small sigh from her stretch, "I promise I won't kill you." She flashed a wide grin to lighten the mood.

Placing her hands on her hips, she wasn't sure what he wanted to do next. "Now, do you want to keep fighting? We can look for materials instead--whichever you'd like." She smiled, enjoying the time away from all the seriousness of the higher levels.

• LD 4

Smiling back at Teion, Isen replied, "I have a feeling I should just try to farm at this point. Maybe once I've gained some experience I can try fighting again."

Isen moved slowly around the field, trying to find anything he could use in the future. Unfortunately, he was unsuccessful, and could not find any material. With his back to Teion, he tried to make small talk with her to pass the time. "So what profession did you end up taking? I was looking at tailor, most likely." He continued to look around the field, but so far it did not look promising.

Edited by Isen
  • ID#: 36626
  • LD: 2 (no loot) (2 total)

Teion kicked around some more in the dirt, lazily "searching" for more materials. "Believe it or not, I'm a blacksmith!" She exclaimed proudly with a grin. "Tailor, huh? Sounds fun!" She realized she hadn't been to a tailor yet, since she made the switch to heavy armor.

"Mm, I've really been needing materials lately. Sometimes they're so hard to find, though. Were you thinking of starting the profession quest soon?" She asked curiously.

Edited by Teion
  • LD 8

Isen slowly moved around the open area, having basically given up on finding anything at this point. "Oh, a blacksmith? Interesting! I will have to request a weapon, once I get enough col." Not finding anything, Isen turned his attention fully to the conversation.

"I figured being able to make my own armor would be useful. I was hoping to start crafting as soon as possible, actually. Hopefully I will be able to get materials quickly to start out. If you would like, we could farm together and assist one another." Honestly, Isen would probably need Teion's help more than she would need his, but he would certainly try his best.

Edited by Isen
  • LD: 2 (no loot) (2 total)

"Ugh, absolutely no luck..." Teion muttered with a sigh, not finding any more materials. "Hm?" She turned her attention back to Isen as he spoke. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea actually." She replied. "The profession quest usually has a better chance to get materials. And hopefully you'll get a lot to get you started."

She brought a hand up to her chin in thought. "Have you thought about where you'll want to set up shop?" She asked curiously.

• LD 3

At this point, Isen was not even trying to find anything. "I have not thought about it much. Unfortunately I am not yet familiar with the other floors." He was most familiar with the first floor, and had only heard various rumors about the others.

"Well, as it seems we are not likely to find anything else out here, may I recommend we retire and regroup in town?" Isen pulled up his menu, and sent a friend request to Teion. "I hope I am not being too forward, but I figured this would make it easier to get a hold of each other. I am going to head back to town and pick up the quest." Isen bowed to Teion and continued, "Thank you for your help. I am fairly certain I would be dead without you." With a smile and a wave goodbye, Isen made his way back to town.

Edited by Isen