(PP-F1) Skewered Ham (Ryuma, Koumori) [Completed]

Ryuma had finally arrived at the fields of floor one, along side Koumori. The fields had been covered in mobs of wolves that covered most of the area. His eyes had gone wide in shock as he had seen so many wolves all gathered together in one place. Sure they had just been creatures that spawned in this desired area, but there had been so many of them that he couldn't help but be surprised. "Wooooooow, there is so many!!!" He had been so excited to see all of the boars and ready to begin his training. A passionate look had come into his eyes as he had gripped the hilt of his dagger tighter. "So how should I proceed?"

Edited by Ryuma_

We travelled out to the fields and stopped when we saw a pack of wolves. I was expecting boar, this could be tougher. When Ryuma saw them though he went wide eyes. He was in awe of the wolves and ready to get into action. He turned to me to ask what we should do. That was my cue to slow him down a bit. "I think you should watch me go first. It's pretty dangerous and I don't want you going in blind."

Ryuma had loosened the grip that he had on the dagger. "Y-your right… Im sorry for getting ahead of myself." He then let out a sigh and places his dagger back into its sheathe beneath his kimono. "S-so, whenever your ready, just go out and take care of them. I'll watch from here and follow suit after watching you." After saying this, he began to simply twirl around his dagger while watching Koumori's every move intently so that he can learn how he fights.

"Alright, watch carefully." Ryuma had stepped down and was waiting for me to demonstrate how it was done. I reached back and grabbed my sword out of its sheath. I held it back and waited for the glow of a sword skill. "Ready your weapon and you'll see it start to glow. That means a sword skill has been activated. All you have to do is start the move and the system will finish it for you, like this." I let loose the skill and performed <Vertical Arc> on the air. It wasn't my strongest skill but it illustrated the idea. When I was done making my V I put my sword to my side. "That's it. Once you get it it feels almost natural. Now you try." I stepped back and motioned for him to do the same.

(I would've actually attacked but I rolled a one and I wasn't going to embarrass myself)

Ryuma had blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his head embarrassingly. "I.. I cant. I don't have any sword skills…" He had been extremely embarrassed since he wasnt able to go against the beast in the way that he had wanted, but he was at least going to try and fight this creature. "H-how about this?" 

(ID: 36703, BD: 6, CD: 11, LD: 6, MD: 7, Koumori: 64/64, Ryuma: 5/8, Boar: 3/4, Energy: 1/2)

Ryuma had launched himself forward towards the boar and cut the beast on its side, causing a red slash to appear on the beast's skin, and it's health to drop to the three. >>Hit Successful<<

After he had successfully landed his hit, the boar had become infuriated. It charged towards him and struck him with a block that took three damage onto  Ryuma's health, bringing it down to the color yellow.

Edited by Ryuma_

"You may not have the higher level Sword Arts but everyone has Sword Skills. That's what combat is based on. Just give it a go." Ryuma charged his skill and ran at the boar. He was able to cut it on its side to do a small amount of damage. Unfortunately the boar didn't take to kindly and enacted it's sweet revenge on my friend. His health dropped into the yellow as he stumbled back. He might not have been worried but I was. If the boar got a critical hit he'd be history. I readied my blade and stepped between them. "Nice! Try again. If he goes after you I'll take the hit so don't worry."

(if the boar's attack is good do the damage to me instead.)

Ryuma had been taken aback by how much damage the boar had done to him already. Was he going to die this early on in the game?! He had then heard Koumori's words and nodded. "Got it!" Im not giving up … not now, not ever! He had then readied his blade for one more attack, allowing it to charge back up for another attack.

(ID: 36731, BD: 9, CD: 11, LD: 3, MD: 7, Koumori: 64/64, Ryuma: 2/8, Boar: 1/4, Energy: 0/2)

He had launched forward once more to strike the boar for another hit. As he hit it, its health had dropped down to the red and a small hud appeared that said,

>>Critical Hit!!! +1 Damage<<

Ryuma had been surprised by how effective his attack had been. Sadly though, the hit wasn't enough to kill the beast. Damnit! One more hit and it would have been over.. He had been disappointed that he didnt kill the beast, but ended up changing his mood quickly as the boar had charged at him once more! His eyes had went wide as he had been struck by the boar, and sent to the ground. He had 2 life left and wasnt going to give up now!

Edited by Ryuma_

Ryuma charged the creature again and landed a much better hit. He dropped its health to about 1 with his dagger and seemed to be pretty happy with himself. The boar still wasn't feeling it though. I moved quickly to get in front of Ryuma before the boar could hit him and took the damage. The boar would have to hit me 63 times to kill me. We'd be there for awhile. "I'm fine, finish him off!"

Ryuma had nodded as he stood back up. "I'm not going to give up!!! He had then rushed towards the beast once more and swung his dagger towards the creature in a rapid slash. 

(ID: 36735, BD: 9, CD: 4, LD: 15, MD: 5, Koumori: 64/64, Ryuma 2/8, Energy: 1/2)

The cut had been successful and the creature had burst into several tiny crystals that would appear and fall from the sky. "Success!!!"

Edited by Ryuma_

Ryuma let out another battle cry and attacked the boar. He sliced the beast hard right at its center of mass and sent it exploding into green shards of data. I was pleased with how he handled it. If I wasn't there might've been in trouble but he was able to beat it without much assistance. He screamed in joy after the animation was completed, clearly happy that he had defeated his first enemy. I walked up to him and gave him a pat on the back. "Good work. Not too hard right?" I smiled as I put my sword back into its sheath. "Why don't we take a quick break then you can try another." I led him to a nearby tree and sat in its shade, gesturing for him to do that same. I sat with my back against the trunk and looked at the sky. It dawned on me that I didn't know much about the guy next to me so I decided to ask. "So, Ryuma, tell me about yourself." I said stil staring in the distance. The sky in Aincrad always amazing me. It never failed to be beautiful. It was always perfect. But that's how I knew it wasn't real. 

Ryuma had decided to take a seat on the ground after he had slain his first beast. "Your right, Koumori, it wasn't so hard at all… So you wish to know more about me huh..?" He didnt exactly know how to respond to this situation since he didnt really talk much about himself. "Well, I have lived an extremely hard life with my abusive father and I tend to shy away from people because of it … He only abuses me because … because he believes that my mothers death was my fault .. and he is right .." As he had said this, tears began to well up in his eyes, and his body began to tremble slightly. He found himself reliving the death of his mother over and over again within his head. He could never get it out of his head.

I immediately felt like I had asked the wrong question. My mindless gazing had made me forget about the observations I had made about Ryuma earlier. My eyes went wide as I turned my head back to him. What he told me definitely more than explained all the flinching he had been doing. I wasn't expecting to hear a, well to be honest brief overview, that was that grim on day one. I knew I would have to cheer him up so I decided to go with my best sure fire way: humor. Normally in this situation id remain serious and comforting, but given his personality I felt that lightheartedness would work better than sorrow. I adjusted my body to be square with his before I started. "Hey, unless you did it with your own two hands, which I'm pretty sure you didn't, it's not your fault. I'm really sorry to hear about her but you don't need to have any guilt. It's wrong of your father to pass it off on you. If I could find him is teach him a lesson for you. But I guess all I can do is toughen you up. What do you say?" I hoped I made the right choice of words. What I said could easily come off as offensive. But I really did just want to help. 

Ryuma had began to shake his head as tears began to stream down his face. "It was all my fault .. I tried to stop the man with the gun and knocked him over .. When he fell and his gun hit the wall, thats when the bullet had shot off and killed my mother … Its entirely my fault … But, but I will try and toughen up. Maybe if I can save all of the people that are stuck in the game, I can make amends for what happened with my mother .." He had then begun to wipe away his tears, doing his best to try and seem strong. 

"Ryuma, listen to me. You did EVERYTHING you could. That man killed your mother, not you. You can't blame yourself for something you didn't do. If you hadn't had done anything the same thing would've happened and you'd blame yourself anyway. Your mother would be proud of what you did, i know I am. It took courage to stare down that barrel and don't let your deadbeat father tell you otherwise. You can be a hero here I'm sure of it." I had to say that. I couldn't let him break down with that. I couldn't stop myself really. Whenever I get too into something my sentimental/inspirational,emotional side comes out. I have a tendency to give speeches when I'm like that. 

When he had heard this, he had tears streaming down his eyes with force. There was just so much going on right now and having to go back to that memory just makes things all the more worse. He didnt show his feeling though, so he had decided to stay quiet and just continue to cry. After waiting there for several moments without saying a word, he had wiped away the tears once more and turned back to Koumori. "Your right. I apologize… Lets please change the subject and get back to the matter at hand. I need to become stronger if I'm going to help all of these people survive throughout the game."

He started crying even harder and I felt awful. I brought up something personal and then tried to play councilor. I was an idiot. I didn't mean to make him sad like that. I should just stop asking people about the real world. He wiped his tears and asked to talk about something else. "I'm sorry I brought it up like that. I didn't mean to." I stood up and looked back to the field. "Come on, let's continue."

He had looked into Koumori's eyes and tried to keep a smile on his face. "I-its alright Koumori-Senpai. Lets just move on and try and change things for now … So what would you like to do? Should we fight another boar or would you like to just walk around and talk?" He didnt really care which of the two that the man had decided, he had just tried to change the subject

(hahaha senpai yes!)

I raised an eyebrow at Ryuma calling me senpai. No one in SAO had ever called me that before so it was a little strange. I didn't make a comment though in consideration of his feelings. "Right, yeah. Uhh, well I'm the one helping you out here so it's up to you!" Personally I'd rather talk. Hunting boars was useless and quick for me so there was no entertainment there. But what I wanted didn't really matter, I was trying to get Ryuma ready for combat and I had gone and made him depressed so what he said would go. 

Ryuma had walked on over to Koumori and put an arm on his shoulder while staring into his eyes. "I will do all that I can to get everyone that is trapped in here out. I will go against all the odds and prevail constantly so that I can help everyone become free from this place… I give you my word!"

I was a little surprised when Ryuma put his hand on my shoulder. He looked me dead in the eyes and told me his intentions. I wasn't expecting such a quick turn around. Still, I could tell he was serious. That was what he really wanted. I wondered what made him come out and say that though. I in turne put my hand on his shoulder and answered back. "And I'll be there to help you if you need it. We can conquer this game."