[PP-F1] Always Time For Another (Shizuka)

Emerath walked through the Town of Beginnings, flipping a Col coin as he walked along. He wasn't sure why he had decided to pull out a coin and flip it. Worst case, he flipped it off somewhere and lost it. That would be a Col wasted. And his luck was never one to actually rely on these types of things working in his favor. But nonetheless, he continued to wander and flip the coin, mesmerizing himself with the action. As he walked, he kept an eye and and ear out for any potential recruits or interesting persons. Emerath did love to eavesdrop on everything going around him, and this day was like every other.

As he heard people chatting nearby about going and doing a quest together, Emerath couldn't help but chuckle. He remembered doing that with Teion, back when they had first started this game. Ah, how things had changed since then. That was about when he spotted a red haired girl, wandering through the crowd, as he paused in his tracks, nearly dropping the coin he had been flipping. He scrambled to catch it quickly, before cocking his head. "Eliziana...?" he mumbled to himself, wondering what his friend would be doing wandering around outside of inns. As much as Emerath thought he wanted to avoid her, he didn't wish to miss an opportunity to see her again. Emerath made his way through the throngs of people and NPCs to reach the girl. Upon reaching her, he placed a hand upon her shoulder, only moments before making the mental realization that, Wait... this isn't Eliziana....

Edited by Emerath

It was a beautiful morning of yet another day. The trees around Shizuka danced under the influence of the wind... Well, a few trees that were located in the starting city anyway. The day was a day of peace and perhaps a day of a meeting as well. As she hopped around the starting city on floor one, she complained about the back pain that she's been experiencing recently from her decision to sleep in a back valley. She knew that it was rather dangerous to stay there as she could get sleep PKed, but it wasn't as if there were any other options for her at the moment.  Soon. I'll get a shop where I can stay at. She thought happily before noticing a crowd near an inn. Oh. Perhaps I can actually get some col and pay for some nights in an inn. She thought as the possibility arose to her mind. But first, I would need to be able to obtain those cols from hunting and mob killing. With a sigh, she decided that she would delay her material gathering session to a different date. Of course, being the curious girl that she was, she decided that she would check out why there was a crowd and soon enough, as she came closer to the inn, she realized that there was a poster. "Hm. Interesting." She whispered to herself before starting to make her way past the numerous people that was detaining her from her destination. Ergh... She thought as she was shoved back by a random NPC shopkeeper talking to another NPC person. You'd think the game would let the players be the priority. She thought before she felt a hand on her right shoulder and through shock, she literally jumped back in self-defense. As she glanced back at the person that touched her, she squinted, not sure whether she knew the man. "Uhm... Hello?" She asked, not exactly sure of how to approach the situation.

Emerath recoiled a bit at the girl's response. "Ah... sorry about that. You looked familiar..." he said, a bit of an embarrassed blush reddening his cheeks as he quickly took the hand he had grabbed her with and scratched the back of his neck. He thought of Eliziana for a moment, and was perhaps a bit relieved that it wasn't actually her. Though he couldn't imagine why he had gone chasing after her should that have been the case. He blinked back to reality, his mental turmoil and silence probably making this girl even more curious. Finally, he gave a light bow and a smile to her, trying to recover.

"I sincerely apologize. My name is Emerath. I was simply confused by the flurry of the crowd."

Edited by Emerath

"Eh. Sorry, my reaction was probably way too over dramatic if you just accidentally mistook me for someone." Shizuka said, also ashamed that she'd actually jumped back in shock that someone random had just touched her shoulder. "You seem friendly enough," She said when the man bowed after introducing himself. "My name is Shizuka. Here's probably not the best place to talk." She said as she was pushed by another NPC from the right side. "Argh," She grunted before freeing herself from the crowd of new NPCs that had gathered around. Once she was sure she was safe from the wrath of those NPCs, she began to speak once more. "Uh... Do you know why all of this commotion is currently in place at the moment?" For sure, she was completely clueless.

Emerath followed Shizuka, after having nodded at her introduction, and pushed through the crowd following her to a bit more of a better talking spot while not swarmed by NPCs. He looked back at the crowd in response to her question, and scratched his head. "You know, to be honest, I'm not sure." He adjusted his tie and smoothed out any wrinkles in his suit jacket out of habit, having gotten them a bit rustled by the mob. "I tend to actually avoid groups, really. People tend to make me rather nervous." He was curious though, and were he not now in the company of another player he might've found himself heading up to the rooftops to eavesdrop on the happenings of the square. "Maybe it's a market thing. The NPCs are just here to make it look good." He shrugged, looking back at her, "In any case, if you're asking me about it, I suppose whatever this event is, isn't why you're here."

"Yeah. I'm not exactly here for the event and I could honestly care less about whatever is happening down there. I was just tagging along with the group, seeing if I could get some information on the game. I haven't exactly been venturing out and exploring in the early stages of the game so I guess it's quite important for me to obtain some additional information. I need to catch up to the higher leveled players." She said with a smile, surprised that the man was able to make such an assumption just from a simple sentence that she'd spoken. "So, uh, other than mistaking me for another player, why are you here? You seem quite strong to still be on the first floor, shouldn't you be up there?" She asked, curious as to why the man was still chilling in on the lower floor. It was already noon and time has passed sooner than she had expected, but that matters not, the day was still far from over.

Emerath found the information gathering comment to be quite interesting, and when she asked why someone like him would still be on the lower floors, Emerath gave a chuckle and raised his hands in a shrug, "Well, not all higher level players are quite capable of taking on the frontlines. Besides, I'm just a healer. I only really have need to go questing if I have someone to heal, though I can fight if necessary."

And then Emerath's eyes lit up, "Oh, I just realized I should introduce myself fully. I'm actually the guild leader of the Dapper Rogues. Spymaster Emerath, at your service." He gave another bow, this time deeper with a bit of a flourish, showing his pride at the title. "As for why I'm actually on the first floor, it's usually because of that. Many players still gather here, and it is always a place to try to find new recruits."

"Really? Well, I've met a commandant of a guild but now I'm meeting a leader of a guild? It's an honor to meet someone with as much importance as you." Shizuka said with a smile. She thought about it in her head and she decided that it sure made sense for a guild leader to be recruiting members as many members who were scared to venture out stays on the first floor. She looked around at the many NPCs and players that had gathered to look at a poster on a wall. "Perhaps the poster on the wall is related to a guild issue or recruitment. If that's the case, then I'm not interested. I'm not high leveled enough to join a guild so uh, wanna chat in a cafe or something? You seem quite nice." She said, feeling a bit awkward but she's always willing to meet new people.

Emerath waved a hand a bit dismissively at her comment about his importance, "I wouldn't say I'm important. Not yet, at least. The guild is still small and growing. I'd say maybe in a few months someone like me might be worth of mention to the people on the Frontlines." He smiled, looking over to the poster, "It's possible it's a guild event or recruitment. You'll never see me do anything like that again. I had to do something similar for the initial recruitment and creation. But aside from that, we're a small, tight knit group. We're also more stealthy explorers rather than people who want to have huge ranks and be right up on the Frontlines."

As she asked about the idea of going to a cafe, Emerath nodded, and smiled at her thinking that he was nice, "I'd love that idea. It has been some time since I've sat down and had a nice drink and chat with someone. Follow me, I know a nice NPC cafe, drinks will be on me." Emerath turned and began to make his way to the cafe he had mentioned, walking away from the steadily growing crowd of people. Emerath couldn't help but wonder what was going on, but he really hated crowds, and he had a companion now anyway. Seemed more worth it than whatever odd event might have been going on.

Edited by Emerath

Shizuka nodded her head as she listened to the man before following him in order to reach the cafe that he'd mentioned. I've been to a sweets shop, a legit restaurant... I wonder what this place will be like. She thought in anticipation before looking around at her surroundings. Indeed, the crowd had become even bigger now and from this, she concluded that some important event will probably be happening soon. Well, now that you mention it... it is rather close to Halloween... Maybe there's a special boss event for the special day and that was why the poster was up. She guessed. However, no matter whether there's an event, she's probably way too weak for it anyway. Soon, they closed in on the cafe in which they entered. As they sat down, Shizuka looked around instinctively to decide that it was rather nice. Unlike other restaurants, it had a nice, little carpet instead of a wooden floor in which people could step on. The bright lights provided a crowded atmosphere even though the cafe was nearly deserted with a few NPCs around the corner and maybe a few players as well. Two menus were placed on the table by a waitress in a fancy get-up. Following tradition, she said a word of thanks before opening up the menu. "Well! Time to order and eat!" She said in cheerfulness and optimism. 

Emerath, generally one to have pulled the seat out for a lady, couldn't help but smile as the girl made her way to the seat before he had the chance to provide the gentlemanly gesture. They had gone to a nice cafe on the east side of the Town of Beginnings, not too far away, but a decent length of space between here and the commotion over the latest game event, affording them a bit of quiet. Emerath was a bit surprised to see that there weren't many people in the cafe, but he supposed that the event was taking precedence over eating at this moment, at least for most people. At least they weren't completely alone, as other players seemed to be going about their usual business.

Emerath thanked the waitress and requested some tea with cream and sugar as he looked over the menu. He leaned back and looked over it, the general fare for a cafe. Your usual coffees, teas, and sandwiches. Emerath decided to go with a nice ham sandwich, not really feeling like filling up on much at the moment, despite that now that he was sitting down his stomach was growling furiously. He never did pay much attention to eating. Same with sleeping for that matter. He seemed to always prefer to push his digital avatar to its limits. Once he had decided on his order, he placed his menu on the table as the waitress came by with his tea. Idly, he poured the cream into it and dropped in some sugar cubes, stirring as he looked at the waitress with a smile and said, "Ham and cheese sandwich on wheat bread, please. Thank you very much."

He figured once the formalities of ordering food were out of the way, he would focus on his companion and continue the conversation. She seemed rather excited to eat anyway, he thought to himself with a polite smile back to her.

Shizuka skimmed the menu quickly and seeing that Emerath had already ordered, she felt like she was obligated to order as well. "Uh," She said as she quickly flipped to a random page and chose a random food item in order to prevent the waitress from waiting too long. "I'd like a nice little salad with ranch, please," She said after pointing her finger randomly at the page. "Thank you." And thus, the waitress collected the two menus before going into what appears to be the kitchen in the back room. "So, uh..." She started, trying to start a bit of conversation while waiting for the meal to arrive. "Have you fought any really tough monsters? It'd be nice if you tell me a bit of your mob fighting experiences. Especially tough ones." Personally, Shizuka hasn't had any experience with fighting mobs... even really weak mobs like a boar. NONE. Zero. None. Nothing. No experience whatsoever. But she wants to change that. While waiting for the man's response, she decided to check out the cafe even more with a bit more observational thoughts. She took a sniff to find that the food rather good smelling. 

Emerath sat sipping his tea after having waited for it to cool down for a moment as Shizuka initiated conversation again. Emerath thought about his battle experience with his brother at her question, and he gave a bit of a blush as he scratched the back of his head. He hated lying, but he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to share how horrible the experience they had had fighting one of the larger boars on the first floor had been since the system had recently been changed. Emerath gave a bit of a nervous laugh starting with, "Well, my twin brother and I, we decided to go out and fight a really large boar on the first floor. We beat it, after a while. But it was a long, drawn out battle. You see, I'm a healer, and he's a tank. We need some good damage dealers to join us on our next adventure." Emerath sighed, long and drawn out was a bit of an understatement but he didn't want to make himself look that incredibly silly in front of a new player.

Emerath sipped his tea again and cocked his head, "How about you? Have you gone out and fought any monsters yet? Perhaps you can accompany my brother and I on a combat sometime. I think that would be fun, and good experience for you."

"Oh? You have a twin brother? What's his name?" Shizuka asked as the boy finished up his sentence. She had indeed planned to make her build a glass cannon sort of damage dealer. Speedy, accurate, lots of damage. She thought. But that'd take up quite a while. She looked up from her thought when the man asked her to join him and his twin brother on a mob killing journey sometimes. "Oh. I'd love to, but I'm sure at my level, I would die instantly." Shizuka said. "I have had experience with fighting boars even though it wasn't by myself. I was actually accompanied by a player called Greg. Still, once I level up a bit, I'd love to accompany you and your brother on material gathering journeys or mob killing missions." She sighed.

Emerath smiled and shook his head at the girl, "Well, he's a tank. Unless you decide to run in and start hitting the monsters before he can build some Hate on them, you wouldn't need to worry about dying at all. You can just hang back a minute and watch him get the snot beat out of him while I heal him. Besides, he takes hardly any damage anyway." Emerath sat back in his chair and looked Shizuka over, It's obvious that she's a lower level, but she seems to have little faith in her own skills in this game. I'd like to help prove to her that she is capable of doing what she thinks she isn't. "We'll find mobs that will be relatively easier to kill, to get you some training. It won't be glorious, and we might not get lots of loot, but it'll still teach you quite a bit about the game." Then Emerath remembered that she had asked him for his brother's name, and he said, "Oh, my apologies, his name is Endilix."

"Ah. Okay. Let's head out for some mob slaying then. Hopefully, we don't face too much trouble..." She said before trailing off at the end of the sentence. Indeed, she does not have much confidence in her fighting as she is only level two with one sword skill and nothing else available for her use. This was quite agitating when you only have eight health and a boar could do a maximum of three damage. The chances of you getting unlucky and killed as a result were rather high... Too high for Shizuka's likings. However, this would be different. She had a healer with her and she was quite confident that the man would be able to keep her alive as he is a guild leader after all. "Sweet, let's go," She said after finally making the decision to head out immediately before the day becomes completely dark. It was already deep into the afternoon and she didn't want to wait any further. It'd be dangerous to fight at night. She thought as one could probably not see anything. "I shall lead the way then..." She said as she walked out of the sheltering safe zone which had protected her from the dangers of the outside world

Emerath admired Shizuka's excitement, but as she started off out of the cafe, Emerath leaned forward and grabbed her wrist before she got too far, "Hold on, Shizuka!" He hoped it would stop her and she wouldn't keep going, as he continued with, "We still haven't even gotten our food yet. We should at least eat before we head out to hunt. The boars aren't going anywhere." He smiled and hoped that she would come back and sit, as the waitress walked out with their food, seemingly a bit confused by the fact that Shizuka was standing and that Emerath was holding onto her wrist. Emerath turned a bit red and let go, before allowing the waitress to place his plate and her bowl onto the table as he took a sip of his tea to watch what Shizuka did next.

Shizuka realized that she'd just almost walked off without eating the food that she's ordered. Oh yeah. She thought in a daze. My salad with ranch. She smiled dumbly as she realized her mistake. "Oops. Sorry 'bout that." She said, quite embarrassed at her stupidity at that moment. "Well, let's eat then." She said after seeing her food. Of course, she was rather hungry but the excitement of combat might have perked her inner sense of forgetting everything. She took the fork beside her plate before starting to chow down upon the green plate of food along with a bit of white/yellow ranch sauce. Soon, she found that the salad was quite good and hurried up in her eating in order to finish quickly so they can fight some random boars out of the safe zone. Still, the accident was still fresh in her mind. I need to keep concentration or something bad can happen to me later... Luckily this time Emerath stopped me from being stupid this time. She thought as she finished her bowl of veggies and fruits and looked outside at the window. Still it is getting rather late though.

Emerath breathed a sigh of relief, he didn't really want to have to have paid for food that they hadn't eaten, although he probably would've at least taken his sandwich to go. Emerath thanked the waitress as Shizuka sat down, smiling. He took a few bites of it, savoring the flavor of it before looking at Shizuka as they ate, "I admire your excitement, but you're going to choke on your salad. Now granted... I don't know if it actually works like that in the game, but... you should still be careful." Emerath took a few more bites, carefully considering the type of person Shizuka had shown him to be. There's potential here. She's just a bit overzealous. I can temper that with patience, though. She'll make a great fighter.

Edited by Emerath

"Haha. Yeah, you're right. I should probably not choke myself to death here. It'd be better for me to die of a floor boss than to die from the massive attack damage belonging to one called the vegetable." She said. "But I finished now and am rather safe from its damages." At this moment, Shizuka had kind of made assumptions just as Emerath probably made assumptions on her. Shizuka had interacted with the man for enough time to recognize his overall personality and characteristic. From what she could tell, the man was rather calm compared to others of his gender and likes to be quiet and watch over others secretively, also mature. "Oh, let me send you a quick friend request." She said. "That way we can PM each other whenever we need to in case we're in danger." Of course, if the man was in danger, she would probably not be able to help but when she leveled up soon enough, she would surely be of help.