[F1-PP] The Taste of Ramen [Greg Baxen]

Shizuka sighed as the boy had managed to once again strike the boar. I must successfully hit it this time. She thought as she once again repeated the actions that she'd went through the last time that she's attempted an attack. "Alright. Switch!" She shouted while glaring at the boar in stubborness and determination. Look at it! It's not even paying attention to me! She thought in frustration before lifting up her starter straight sword over her head and preparing to strike down upon the boar.

ID: 37372
BD: 6

Shizuka stared at the boar and when she began to strike, she saw the boar begin to move. From her first instincts, she knew that her attack was probably going to fail but somehow, through luck or a sudden burst of skill, she was able to land her attack and deal a tiny bit of unnotable damage upon the mob. "Yes!" She shouted in excitement before continuing with "Switch! Keep the streak going!" She said. Things were looking very positive at the moment and she didn't mind as the mob should be dealt with quite soon.

Greg Baxen: (32/32) (E:5/8)
Shizuka: (8/8) (E:0/2)
Boar: (11/16) (DMG: 3) (MIT: 4)

Edited by Shizuka

"That's it!" Greg says happily as Shizuka lands her attack. "Also, about it not paying attention to you, that's because I've attracted its attention. You see, this game has a hate system. The one hitting it the most garners the most hate. That's me. And i plan to keep it that way.Greg explains, before unleashing the <Uppercut> Sword Art this time! He brung his sword up...!

ID: 37375

BD 3: Miss!

Greg's swing goes wide. 'Aw, man. I'll bet that looked stupid.' he thinks to himself, hoping Shizuka wasn't tempted to laugh. Then the boar came charging.

MD 1: Critical Failure.

The boar messes up even worse than Greg and Shizuka combined, as it trips over its own feet as it tries to charge! It stops moving just shy of Greg's feet. 'If she's gonna laugh at anything, she'll laugh at the boar. I'M tempted to laugh.' he thinks to himself, smirking.

Greg: 32/32 HP, 4/8 EN (1 recovered at the start of the turn)

Shizuka: 8/8 HP, 0/2 EN.

Boar: 11/16 HP.

Edited by Greg Baxen

ID: 37376
BD:  8 (2-1=1 DMG)

Shizuka snickered at the fact that the boar had managed to fall completely over after tripping on its own feet. However, she knew that she would have to take advantage of this moment when the boar remains on the ground. She raised up her sword in preparation before charging and making note not to trip and fall. Soon, she was upon the boar and as the boar was very close to Greg, she made note not to swing at Greg but instead to swing at the boar. Of course, she was able to land the hit on the boar with ease as all she had to do was aim and she had plenty of time to do so. Despite the helplessness of the boar, she was unable to inflict a critical and soon, the mob jumped right back up and prepared an attack. Seems like the boar notices me now after I landed those two attacks. She thought in fear. Maybe I need to tone down a bit. I don't think it'll start attacking me yet but if Greg misses his next attack and I land mine, the boar will most likely concentrate on me. Shizuka gulped. Alright Greg... Please hit it with this attack!

Greg Baxen: (32/32) (E: 4/8)
Shizuka: (8/8) (E 0/2)
Boar: (10/16) (DMG: 3) (MIT: 4)

Edited by Shizuka

Noticing Shizuka's gulp, Greg knew he had to land this one. He launched his <Snake Bite> Sword Art once again, performing the two same angled slashes he did repeatedly complete with the grip-switching and all!

ID:37377

BD 10: Super Critical! +2 to base damage!

Snake Bite: (3+2)x2=10-4=6

This time Greg was really feeling it, as his blade ripped clean through the boar and wiped off a great deal of its remaining health! "If it didn't have mitigation, that one probably would've been fatal!" Greg quipped, regarding the effectiveness of his attack. Seeing its health bar drop like it did, the Boar charged headfirst at Greg, with nothing but raw rage fuelling it.

MD 4-3 Evasion=1: Failure!

Greg nearly effortlessly sidesteps the Boar. His <Coat of the Azure Wind> was REALLY coming in handy! 'Well, looks like i made up for my earlier blunder. I sure hope i impressed her with that.' he thinks to himself. Outwardly, he quipped. "Well, THAT sure got its attention!"

Greg: 32/32 HP, 3/8 EN (+1 at the start of the turn)

Shizuka: 8/8 HP, 0/2 EN.

Boar: 4/16 HP.

(OOC: Before you ask, Crits increase your base attack damage [Are applied BEFORE Sword Art Bonuses], and thus increase the damage of your Sword Arts Exponentially. In this case it meant Snake Bite did 4 Extra Damage. If it were something like Meteor Break, it would deal 22 extra damage, for example.)

Edited by Greg Baxen

ID: 37378
BD: 6

Shizuka smiled. She knew that Greg had the ability to land heavy hits and indeed, he had been able to do it this time. It was a super critical attack and she was quite excited by it. It took away much of the boar's health and now there was only a little left to go. Currently, the boar was still laying helplessly on the ground, completely fazed by the amount of damage that Greg had inflicted to it. It was a simple strike... there was almost no way that she would miss this attack... However, she knew that with her low level, she might still miss. Nevertheless, to her relief, she was able to land the third strike she hit in succession. "Awesome," She said as she sent the boar flying towards Greg. "Let's see if we can finish it off quick!" She shouted. It should be easy at this point.

Greg Baxen: (32/32) (E: 3/8)
Shizuka: (8/8) (E 0/2)
Boar: (3/16) (DMG: 3) (MIT: 4)

Edited by Shizuka

"You got it!" Greg responded, as he once again lunged using <Snake Bite>. Once again, he slashed using his blade before switching grips and whirling around using his other hand to change the direction of the cut. 

ID: 37379

BD 10: Super Critical! +2 Base Damage!

Greg landed another super crit, this time flat-out cleaving the boar in two! Its health bar then became completely empty and the Boar exploded into pixels. Greg sighed in relief and sheathed his <Anneal Blade>, before checking what loot he obtained from the Boar.

LD 5: No loot.

Greg only obtained a Material from that. Possibly useful later, but he was still disappointed. Once that was done, he turned to Shizuka. "You know any good places to relax? I'm tired, possibly from spamming <Snake Bite> so much." He says, with a sweatdrop visible on his face.

"Awesome! That's two critical hits in one go!" Shizuka examined with a grateful and happy smile. "I'm not going to question whether that was luck or skill, but that was amazing." She complimented. At this point, the sun was falling gravely and deeply down the horizon and that was a sign of departure. Perhaps it would be best if she leaves now or else night might bestow upon them and that would not be good. "Eh. I haven't sent you a friend request yet... I'll send it now," She said as she began to open her menu while clicking away until she would send the request. During the meantime, she still had words to say, "I got to go, but I do recommend this fancy restaurant on floor one that I was shown to by a character called Ssendom. The place is rather soothing." She then sent the friend request before showing Greg roughly where the place is. "It's rather big... shouldn't be too hard to miss." She said, "However, I have to go now. Perhaps we can hang out another time and we can have a good meal together. See ya." And with that... She waved and smiled before turning around and walking off in the distance with her pink hair and back facing the sun. I shall make note to see the scenery tonight... If I can remain awake... I'm so worn out. She thought with a yawn.

(Wanted to end it there. Perhaps we can do another thread later if you want but seeing that we reached the posts needed, it be best to end it there and obtain our SP. Why don't you post the summary and I'll PM someone to lock it up.)

"Thanks for the suggestion, i'll go there. And yeah, I'll have a meal with you some time, if you want." He continued, before making his own way back to the Starting City. 'I guess I'll tell her how i feel some other time.' he thought to himself, as he begun walking off, his coat blowing in the wind. So, to sum up today's events for him, he went to a restaraunt, ate some ramen, met a player called Shizuka who he has now developed a crush on, and slew some boars. All in all, not a bad day. Greg smiled. 'I suppose getting trapped in a death game does have its perks...' he said, thinking of her.

Summary

Greg: 1 SP, 1 Mat, 200 Col obtained!

Shizuka: 1 SP, 200 Col obtained!

Thread Complete!

Edited by Greg Baxen