[PP-F1] Don't I know you? (Elul, Maria) [Complete]

"La la la la la laa" Whit was being his sickening happy self, "sing a happy song. Oh would you look at the time, its time to make some friends boys and girls, follow me on a magical adventure." Whit began skipping though the streets, causing many a stare to come his way, stares which only encouraged his basic behavior.

"What a weirdo."

"Shut it John" Whit cackled as he continued skipping along the street, he didn't know the name of the player, but it would be hilarious if he one day named a random person. Hmm, what to do, Whit pondered as he tapped someone on their right shoulder while running past their left. Whit spotted a random person, "Oh look boys and girls, why not that person?" Whit ran up from behind them, jumping and tapping the tall person on the shoulder, "why hello there miss... wait how?"

No, that's not possible, she doesn't play games, it has to be another person. Whit was shocked, unable to speak to the blonde woman in front of him.

For the first time in his life, Whit was speechless.

Edited by Whit

Well this, maybe I should've thought this out a bit more.

I looked around, there was well over a thousand people in the plaza, it might be a while be a while before I could find Saren. I looked around, there were several merchants in the area, many bartering with two to six people at a time. I looked around, everything was quite medieval, I kind of figured from the title of the game. Still, it was like I had stepped into another world or like I had just stepped out of a time machine. I made my way out of the plaza, last I had checked, sis was still alive in the hospital, so chances were she would be in a safe place.

I felt a tap from behind, facing a brunette who looked familiar somehow, but I couldn't place my finger on it. He had froze at the sight of my face, forcing me to raise an eyebrow. "Um, hello" I lowered myself to his level and waved a hand in his face, "well, since I've got you here, you wouldn't happen to know where a girl who's about as tall as a sixth grader, has brown hair, and blue eyes would you?"

Edited by Maria

(Ooc: Hey Elul, I'd prefer I just bring her to you, so post where you are after this. If you don't mind.)

Whit snapped, his happy side disappearing to be replaced by an emotionless stare. All the noise outside of the blonde woman's voice merged together, the person she was describing was exactly like Elul, but the odds of her spotting either of them in the game were so slim, there had to be over eight-thousand people left in the game, it was a two to eight thousand chance, 99.00075% of the players in this game most likely wouldn't be able to tell her anything about Elul. Jesus, I think you just renewed my faith.

Whit quickly flipped through his menu, finding Elul's location and flicking the menu away. He reached out and grabbed the woman's hand, pulling her along with him without thinking.

"Oops, sorry, forgot to mention that you may want to follow me."

Whit ignored any answer the woman might have given, running with her arm in tow, whether it was still attached to her or not.

Elul took another sip of her tea, taking an awkward look around. The small tea house on the first floor made her feel relaxed, the only people in there were the npc and any imaginary people she concocted out of boredom. It was nice, no one to ask her questions, no worrying about people dying, and it was just so peaceful.

"Choo."

Elul sneezed into her shoulder, receiving a bless you from the host npc. Elul nodded towards the npc as a thank you, taking another sip from her sweet tea, a drink she was surprised to find in SAO. She had chosen the last table at the end of the store, the store being in a shape similar to what she had heard a bar was shaped. She was facing away from the door, preferring to just relax her head on the table.

The boy had caused some sort of screen to appear in front of him by flicking his right wrist downward. He had clicked on a word that made me realize who he was, this was the little boy that had been friends with my sister, I couldn't remember his name, but the fact that he had clicked on my last name in some kind of friends list allowed me to wave off any doubts I'd had about him knowing my sis. He had pulled up a map witch had a small dot pulsating, I had barely realized what it meant before he flicked it away.

"Oof" my right arm had been pulled away from me at shocking speeds, "hey slow down."

This boy looked wimpy, but for some reason he was faster than he looked and forced me to stumble at first. I gritted my teeth, I wasn't sure if the boy would continue to drag me if I somehow managed to slip, but hopefully he was nice enough to stop.

Whit pulled the woman along, god what is her name, I can't bloody remember, shoot, I seem to recall her being at Elul's house occasionally, so she has to be her sister or something. Whit pulled her through the crowds, Elul wasn't far, just a little ways away. He glanced back at the woman, oddly enough she was struggling to keep up. Whit spotted a tea house, coming to an abrupt stop, opening the door, and dragging the woman in.

"Hey Elul" Whit called out as he ran up, "Happy birthday."

Oh thank god, I thought if I didn't do anything random soon I would explode.

Whit skidded into view with the woman in tow, letting go of the blonde and sliding into the seat across from Elul with a thump against the wall.

"Now if I've seen enough movies, this is the part where you have some kind of silly emotional breakdown."

My nose slammed into a wall as the boy let me go, we were in some kind of a restaurant, an empty one from what I could see. I had given out a "gah" out of pure reflex, only to realize that my nose became numb instead of actual pain. I peeled myself off, a hexagon showing up and telling me the wall was an immortal object. I turned, ready to give the boy an evil glare, but someone else caught my eye.

Saren.

When I had last saw her she was lying motionless in the hospital, a helmet covering her eyes as the only sounds she produced was her small breaths. I couldn't move, seeing her like that in the hospital was akin to seeing her in a coffin, something I hoped to never see in my lifetime, but here she was with a cup in hand and without that stupid helmet over her head.

That boy commented something about having an emotional breakdown and he was right, my body began crying against my will. It just felt great to see that she was still alive, like a truck had been lifted off my chest.

Elul woke up from a sleepy daze as she heard the voice of her friend, "but it's not my-"

A woman slammed into the wall after Whit came into her view, he was way too excited about something, but then again he was always excited. "Um, a-are you a-all right?" Whit seemed to not care that a woman had just decided that the best way to destroy a wall was with her head as a hammer. Wait, did Whit do that? He does seem to be slightly fond of human suffering. Elul watched as the woman turned, unable to move at the sight of her face.

This had to be the best birthday present Whit had ever given her, even if it was a little early.

Elul practically sprang from her seat, tackling her sister with a hug around the waist. Elul couldn't believe it, Maria didn't play games so why was she even here? Elul buried her head into her sister's stomach, she didn't care, she was just glad to see someone from the outside world.

Edited by Elul

Whit coughed, "Well this is adorable and all, but uh, I have to ask. Why are you in the game?" This women certainly wasn't an npc, if she was then he had lost all respect for Kayaba, well maybe not, as long as she didn't turn out to be a jerk to Elul. Whit scoffed a little at the idea of Kayaba making npc replicas of real life people, he was pretty sure Kayaba was watching them, playing god of the world, not stalking people. "Don't get me wrong, um, Elul's sister, but I don't recall you being a gamer, I don't even think you were a casual." A thought crossed his mind, turning his face to one he hardly used, one he'd use when looking at someone who did something that he was still judging. With his eyebrows pointed downwards and a slight tilt downward of his head he asked his final question.

"Did you just now join the game?"

I was a bit surprised at how quickly sis had moved from her seat, I quickly embraced her in a hug though.

"I'm sorry, did you just call Saren by her last name?" I was a little confused why he would call her that, but shrugged it off. "My name's Maria, and yes I just joined last night." I looked down at Saren, wiping away my tears as I patted her head, "why don't we sit down?" I moved to slide into the seat closest to the wall, I patted the spot next to me for Saren to sit down as I turned to the boy. "Thank you, you've grown a lot since I last saw you, but unfortunately I can't recall your name. The reason why I came was so to see if I could help free people from the inside, specifically Saren. Speaking of which, dad says he loves you."

Edited by Maria

Elul looked up after feeling something pat her head, doing an action she rarely did, make eye contact with someone. Elul followed closely to her sister into the seat, climbing into her lap instead of her sister's suggested action. Elul listened to the two converse, occasionally lifting her cup to her face to take a sip of the tea. Elul had somewhat suspected that Maria had joined late, making her feel guilty that she had joined simply because Elul was once again being a damsel in distress. Elul spoke while drinking her tea, causing a slight gurgling as she spoke. "I'm sorry Maria." Actually it sounded more like;

"Bime fiery Malona."

Maria blushed at her mistake, raising the cup up to Maria, "w-want s-some?"

Edited by Elul

Whit smiled a little bit, in his mind he was a bit of an anti-hero, someone above the law yet out to seek justice, of course when he got serious he threw that out the window. Something about Elul always forced him to calm down and smile, "Elul, your not allowed to be that cute." Whit hoped she hinted at his sarcasm, "well Maria, I guess we need to talk about the rules of this world then." He called the npc of the tea house over, "Hey, could I get some green tea, and could you add like a cup of sugar, kay-thanks-bye."

"What? I like sugar."

"Back to what I was saying, so the main thing is that to interact with interactable objects you simply need to tap them with your finger. The menu which you saw me open earlier, can be opened with a simple flick of your right wrist with your index finger pointed, like so."

Whit quickly demonstrated opening and closing the menu, "and yes this will be on the test."

"From the menu you can do pretty much everything you need to do in this game to survive, equip items, mess with the social parts of the game, change the settings, blah blah bla. Speaking of which, go ahead and accept this, I suggest you send her one too, Elul." Whit typed in Maria's name into the friend request box and hit the O button.

"Now the reason I called Saren Elul right then is because for some silly reason Saren decided to name herself by her last name, and since everyone refers to themselves as their username, its probably best to jump on that bandwagon so as not to confuse people when talking about the same person." Whit looked at Elul, "did I leave anything out?"

"Oh, and my name's Whit, aka Elul's friend." Whit sighed, redoning his serious face, "now I have one last question."

"Are you guys Jewish or German, cause the last name and the fact that you kind of look German, its just confusing."

I giggled a little bit at the sound of Saren saying something into her cup. "Sorry Saren, but he's right, your not allowed to be that cute. I'm good, I'll just get my own. Could I get sweet tea, thanks." I quickly moved my hand down underneath her arm and swiped my fingers against her in an attempt to get her to laugh. I looked up at Saren's friend after trying to tickle her for a few seconds, listening to his teaching, he was odder than I remembered, like he had multiple brains telling him to do different things. He was the complete opposite of Elul, she was quiet and kind, yet this kid seemed unafraid to say anything. I opened my menu as he demonstrated, rifling through it as he finished his lesson.

"Oh well you see our mother is german and our father is jewish." This boy definitely was odd, it was like he had tried to spell White, but had forgotten to type the e. I looked at the menu that popped up, accepting the friend request. "Did you forget to type the letter e into your name or did you just like how Whit sounded?"

Edited by Maria

Elul placed the tea back on the table after being rejected, sitting back against her sister. She began to close her eyes, preferring to just listen to the two and try to get some sleep.

Pain.

Elul opened her eyes as pain coursed through her sides, no it wasn't pain, it was pleasant and yet it was unbearable at the same time. Elul realized what it was as soon as her mouth opened up and started laughing. She was being tickled, a sensation she felt was probably similar to being prodded with a tazer.

Except so much worse.

Instead of being able to cry out for help, she was forced to laugh as if she was enjoying it, and in the end she'd be tired as if she had just ran a mile. Elul felt relieved as the monster which forced her into her state retreated, breathing heavily and passing out against Maria right before seeing the waitress come up and give the other two their drinks.

"And suddenly I'm glad your not my sister" Whit stated as he watched Elul suffer under Maria's cruel reign, "well, congratulations, you have successfully incapacitated Elul, pretty sure you're the first. So aside from becoming a human bed for Elul, if you want to help her then you need to figure out a way to get stronger in this game, in this game you can level up by interacting with other people, similar to what we're doing right now, its also possible to level by going out and doing other activities such as collecting materials and completing quests and our main objective is to beat all one hundred floors, each guarded by a boss, and keep in mind, if you die, its game over." Whit was no longer afraid to talk about the serious stuff with Elul out for the count. "Unfortunately, the starting enemies can instakill you if you aren't careful, so until we get stronger somehow, I suggest we take it easy and level the passive way."

Whit took a sip from the tea presented to him, grinning at the extreme sweetness of the drink.

"I'm pretty sure you can guess why me and Elul don't level up that easily since the most she does is stutter nervously."

"Actually I picked the name Whit a couple years ago, back then I loved to play as the underdog, if you recall I wasn't anywhere near being one of the taller kids in class. So I picked a name that meant small, and since then I've always been Whit."

Edited by Whit

"Oh" I looked down at the limp girl in my lap, "I didn't mean for her to conk out on me. I guess now I remember why I didn't tickle her often." I sighed, crossing my arms over Elul- it sounded weird to call her that, so as to keep her from tiliting over to one of the sides. "I bet next time she'll sit with you instead." I laughed a little at the idea of my sis being afraid to sleep at night when I could possibly tickle her. I looked out the window, the sun was setting soon and the lights that dotted the streets turned on as if to further convince her to find a place to sleep. 

"So is there some kind of place to sleep, like a hotel or something, I honestly don't like the idea of sleeping on a park bench again."

"I don't see what you're complaining about" Whit joked, "There should be a inn just around the corner from here." Whit tossed a few coins on the table as he got up, "you may wanna wake her up, don't want her to freak out if she wakes up in a different place." Whit walked over to the door, waving goodnight to the npc who ran the tea house. He held the door open for the two, wondering why Elul could hardly resist getting a small tickle before passing out. It was even more curious why Elul was near his age yet acted like a defenseless child. Whit shrugged as he waited for the two, he'd figure it out someday.

I finished off my tea before getting up, only to realize I had a little girl sleeping in my lap. Elul was extremely cute, and sadly I have a soft spot for her. I know she's older than she looks, but for some reason I'd always feel like the older sis, no matter how old she got.

I looked down at the girl in my lap, I didn't want to wake her up. I sighed, Whit was right, it'd probably be best. I whispered in her ear, "hey Elul wake up or I'll tickle you again. Alright here I go," I waited a few seconds before lifting her arm and going in for the kill.

(Elul I'll let you determine how long and or if Elul wakes up.)

Edited by Maria

"Saren Elul."

Elul looked around, the court room staring in silence at her, handcuffed to a table. It was clear that she was the one being charged with... something."You are being charge with the crimes of 'being too cute' as witnessed by several people in the tea house on the first floor. Do you plead guilty?"

"Um, no?"

"As you can see yourself, she is currently using her cuteness to its full extent, far more than the rest of us are allowed. Give her the chair!"Elul felt herself be forcibly seated into a chair and strapped tight into it. A guard to her right ready to throw the switch, waiting for the order. "Do it" the judge bellowed.

Elul opened her eyes in a wide eyed look as her body in her dreams perished, only to feel herself be shocked in the real deal. "Stah ha ha ha, plea ha ha ha." Elul pushed the hand away, sliding underneath the table and out, running to the safety of Whit, getting behind him and climbing on his back. "Please keep her away from me." Elul had trouble keeping her eyes open, she usually went to bed before dark, staying in the inn until day. Elul shook her head in an attempt to stay frosty, keeping her eye on the evil sister before her. Whit had brought up a good point, Elul looked Jewish as her sister looked German and Maria seemed intent on bullying her.

Whit didn't know how he felt about... Maria. She seemed nice enough, but the fact that she was doing things against Elul's will was odd. I suppouse she's not that bad, I mean, technically she's just forcing her to laugh, and laughing means happiness, right? Elul interupted his thoughts by climbing on his back and requesting he protect her. Finally a challenge. He turned towards Maria, "Hey Maria, the inn's only a block down and a right, first one to get there helps the other with a quest of their choice." Whit sized up Maria in size comparison, she was taller than him obviously, but she was having trouble keeping up with him earlier, yet Elul would be weighing him down, so they were pretty even.