PP - F1 Mapping the city (Ebony)

Sousuke was leaning against a wall next to the west gate in the starting city. Ever since he had come back and started to map out the floors he had neglected to do so for the first floor. He had noticed many new players in the area and wanted to mark out their frequent routes so he could keep an eye on troublemakers. He was wearing his full combat gear to hide his face as usual and had his parchment out with detailed drawings of the city on them. He was marking names next to the gate showing frequent passers. He was really into his drawings at the moment so he wasn't paying to much attention to what was going on around him besides what was happening at the gate.

Ebony was walking through the streets of the starting city. She strode in her usual over-confident way, her head held high. She did look extremely confident, but it was all an act, a façade to hide the truth. She noticed a man leaning on the wall near the exit to the city. She strode over to him confidently to ask him what he was doing. As she approached within ten or so feet in front of him her façade started to crumble, her cheeks turning bright red, and her eyes starting to turn downwards towards the pavement. When she got close enough to ask him her question, all that was left was a trembling, shy, mouse of a girl. She glanced upwards at him. "W-wha... Uhhh..." What had she been saying again? She was so overwhelmed by fear that she had forgotten.

Sousuke looked up from his drawings when he heard what could only be described as gibberish. Was that annoying npc back again to berate him for loitering? He began to to speak when he realised it was some player he had never seen before.

"Ok look I'm not ... Oh hi there sorry I wasn't expecting anyone to approach me while I was in my combat gear most people seem to shy away." He said as he pulled his hood and mask down revealing his face the cross shaped scar on his cheek quite promenent in the sunlight.

"Can I help you at all miss?" He asked politely to the shuddering girl.

Ebony let out a little surprised squeak as the man turned to look at her and started talking in an exasperated manner. He stopped, apparently realizing that she wasn't whoever it was he was annoyed at. It still gave her a bit of a scare though, and she could feel her heart beating even faster than it had been before. "Di... Ah... W-what cha d-doin?" She managed to force out by pure force of will. She was doing her best not to scream and run in the opposite direction. He looked like some sort of war veteran with his scar and his eyes. He had a look to his eyes, they were sharp, and aware of everything that was going on, taking everything in. It wasn't obvious, not at all, but she could still see it there, just barely.

Edited by Ebony

Sousuke did a quick scan of the girl looking at her body language and then around them towards the gate again and scribbled a few notes before folding the paper up and putting it in his pocket for later. He examined the girl again noting her stance lack of equipped weapon and lack of gear. He then gave her the usual do over judge of character coming to the conclusion that she was no threat and certainly wasn't someone trying to lure him into trouble.

"Ah see I'm a scout and I map out the areas of cities and the rest of the floors for my guild I also trade information as well as run a tailor store although I really should gather some mats soon I have my fiance and guild master waiting on items." He explained as he continued to do quick scans of the area to make sure they were safe.

This guy was stupid. That was the only thing she was getting from him. Sure he looked intimidating, but he kept glancing around as though they were going to be attacked by assassins or something. There were in a SAFE ZONE. You couldn't get hurt in a safe zone. She didn't think she should bother explaining that to him. If he didn't know already she wasn't about to tell him. She would like to tell him how stupid he was acting, but her shyness was having none of that. "I-isn't the s-starting city a-already mapped?" She asked instead of telling him off for being paranoid.

Sousuke shook his head at how naive the girl was it surpised him how she even managed to get this far it wasn't like he was doing it for the fun of it.

"Its not a regular map I'm keeping tabs on traffic in and out of the city if anyone new passes through I keep an eye on them. They could be redeemed pkers see." He explained.

The guy was looking at her like she was stupid. She smirked, anger and her insulted pride overrunning her shyness. "Its not a map then. Its a chart or a list. And how are you supposed to tell the difference between redeemed pkers and regular players? You have a book with the faces of all the pkers?" She smirked up at him, trying to get him angry. He had managed to get on her nerves with nothing but a look, and she was prepared to get on his right back. She couldn't see this turning out well for her, but when she was angry she really didn't care.

Edited by Ebony