[F1-SP] <<Earning a Living>>

Today, Shizuka was to act on her own. She doesn't need someone to help her on a quest in which there is no combat involved. First thing in the morning, she'd accepted the quest in order to become an alchemist: Someone who heals and supports others... Just the type of player Shizuka wanted to be. A healer, a support. As she skipped around the starting town in search of an alchemist mentor, she realized that it was rather early yet people have already begun to start their day off either with a resupply of their personal shops or brushes of teeth. Nevertheless, whatever the NPCs did not affect Shizuka in any way as she was soon able to come across an alchemy shop ran by an old NPC shopkeeper lady. When one thinks of an alchemist old lady, an image of a witch with a black, pointy hat usually came across their minds. This, of course, was what came across Shizuka's mind as well. However, the real shopkeeper was nothing like a witch. She was kind, gentle, and was easily persuaded to mentor her. The lady was the first one to speak when Shizuka walked into her shop.

"Hello, young lady. How may I help you?" The woman asked in a crispy tone.
"Good morning, I'm here to fulfill my <<Earning the Living>> Quest"
"Of course, follow me young lady." The woman finally said before leading her to the back door in which she would see something of extraordinary value... A lab. A lab used for alchemy and Shizuka was literally beaming with excitement.

"Here's the task," The mentor alchemist began, "I want you to collect as many alchemy materials from around this lab. -cough- I have plenty. You may take whatever you wish. Once you collect enough, see me again and I shall teach you the ways of an alchemist."
"Wait, whatever I want?" Shizuka asked.
"Indeed." The NPC lady said and without another word, returned to the counter at the front of the shop.

Well then. Shizuka thought as she looked around the gigantic lab. The cabinets are all labeled with extreme precision. She must have spent quite a bit of time on this room. However, it matters not as I shall now take many materials. She decided before starting to walk around and look at the labels to see which ones were of interest to her.

ID: 37253
LD: 3

Shizuka stopped walking when she saw a cabinet labeled "Poisonous Tomato" and without hesitation, opened the cabinet door to see that it was completely empty except for a few cobwebs around. Shizuka let out a cold smile. What a troll this lady is. She realized before standing up and walking away to a different cabinet. 

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37374
LD: 18

Shizuka sighed in boredom. She was sure that she would be spending the entire day looking for materials from the cabinet placed around the shop. "Who would do this?" She asked as she looked around. "This is so boring.... Why can't I do something of more interest instead of searching around aimlessly for random objects?" she complained to herself knowing that no one else will be able to hear her. However, I do give credit to these strange object names. She thought as her eyes lit up when she saw something that perked her interest. "Remains of a butterfly." She read before opening it up to see a couple of butterfly wings. "Success!" She said with a fist pump before inserting it into her inventory which stored her objects and weapons.

+1 Material
Total Material: 1

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37506
LD: 16

Shizuka sighed. She would have to do a lot of searching around and looking for materials today even though she knew that she would be bored as hell and hate this event. However, in order to become an alchemist with materials and rank up higher, she would have to do this quest for the skill points that would be provided to her at the end of the quest. "Let's see," She said before browsing the cabinets. Squirrel fur, wolf teeth... Ah! Skeleton dust!  She exclaimed before opening that cabinet to find a jar of skeleton dust waiting for her. "Ohh~ This looks interesting." And thus, she took the jar to add yet another material to her collection. Not bad. She remarked her luck.

+1 Material
Total Material: 2

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37507
LD: 20

Shizuka sighed as she continued down the many cabinets that seemed to burst her mind. There were so many names including animal fur, animal eyes, Animal products, mob products, and so much more. She could literally open any cabinet and grab whatever was inside. I need to make the most of this. She decided before going up to yet another random cabinet and opening it. With haste, she checked to see that it was bird wings and as a result of her opening it, she had managed to add yet another material to her collection. "Not bad," She said instead of thought this time and continued on with her searching.

+1 Material
Total Material: 3

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37508
LD: 20

Shizuka smirked as she checked that she had managed to three materials through three cabinets in quite a quick succession. Let's continue this please. She begged to no one in particular. Perhaps to the God she worshipped or perhaps to her self so she could have a bit of more confidence. Nevertheless, it had worked and to Shizuka's surprise, it was a rather interesting piece of material. A cyclopes horn?! She thought in interest. I wonder if that is an actual mob in the game... Fighting that would sure be scary. She decided before walking off again to search for even more materials that would go into her collection.

+1 Material
Total Material: 4

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37510
LD: 9

Shizuka looked around once more at the cabinets near the one that she found a horn in to realize that nothing sounds interesting. However, she did catch a glimpse of one that said a bee's stinger and of course, as she's fought a bee before, she knew what the stinger probably looked like. Upon instincts, she opened the top cabinet to see that it was completely empty. Argh... Why do all good things have to come to an end?  She asked no one in particular from her heart. Let's find some more materials then. She thought, trying once more to be optimistic about her current situation. 

Total Material: 4

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37513
LD: 19

Shizuka needed to speed up the process. She thought she might as well get as many materials as she could so she won't have to look for them later on. However, even though she was bored, she still needed these materials as they were crucial for the success of her game. "Alright, next cabinet." She said before going to the right one right away in order to search. With a smile, she knew that she had hit the jack pot. Indeed, it was called, "A piece of hair from a maiden." Don't mind if I take one. She thought before opening the cabinet and taking several as they counted as only one material.

+1 Material
Total Material: 5

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37514
LD: 13

Shizuka smirked. She had managed to find quite a bit of material during her time here and right now it was noon. After looking through one more cabinet which was empty, she decided that it would be best if she leave it here and have an early lunch so she could continue on her journey for more materials. "Soon, I'll complete this quest." She said in determination and with a wave to the owner of the shop, she walked out for fresh air and continued walking until she reached the ramen place in which she soon ordered a spicy beef flavored ramen in delight and started eating with rush.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37516
LD: 6

Shizuka smirked. She had finished a delicious bowl of ramen and she loved it very much. With a smile, she stood up and left the ramen booth in order to continue her search on more materials. Upon reaching the alchemist place once more, she went straight to the closest cabinet and knew immediately that it was a wrong choice as there was a live rat in there. With a scream, the rat charged out and ran away and Shizuka was left again with no materials to put in her inventory.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37520
LD: 8

Shizuka sighed. Perhaps the ramen has changed my luck around. She thought. Or perhaps someone took the things in that cabinet before she did. She looked over in hopes of finding something that didn't sound too interesting and there it was, a cabinet simply labeled, "green apples" Who would want green apples? She asked herself, something that she's done a lot that day. However, when she opened the cabinet, she found out that it was again empty. Well, I guess these apples are quite popular then. She thought with a deep sigh before looking around for anything of interest.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37525
LD: 4

Shizuka smiled. She knew that she would need to be optimistic in order to find a positive piece of material but ever since lunch, she's been unable to find anything of use. Frustration was obvious and she, of course, was not in need of that frustration. Once again, through desperation, she decided to check around and hope that there is something of use. However, she once again found absolutely nothing. "Argh... I'll change locations." She said before relocating herself to the other half of the room in hopes that there will be more objects she can use there.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37629
LD: 5

"Material gathering is way harder than it should be... Why does this game make everything so much more challenging?" Shizuka asked no one in particular. She wanted to finish this quest and didn't really care that much for the material, but the annoying thing is that she is unable to find materials and she was finding it quite frustrating. As if she was proving her point, she opened up a random nearby cabinet which she didn't even bother to read to find that it was completely empty. Where did my luck go? They were so well in the beginning.

Total Materials: 5

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37630
LD: 6

Shizuka kept looking. She clinched her teeths together in stubborness and determination. No matter how frustrated she was, she was not going to give up becoming an alchemist. Think of all those health crystals. Shizuka thought before opening a nearby cabinet which she was once again, not paid any attention to the name of it. Of course, just like the others this one was empty. This time, she decided to ask if the owner was trolling her. "Are there really stuff in these cabinets?" She asked with a shout towards the front of the room.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37631
LD: 5

Shizuka waited for the old lady alchemist's answer but first there was silence, then finally came a weak, yet alive sound from the NPC, "Indeed, I have been running short lately so it's rather hard to find these materials... Still, try your hardest and you will succeed in finding the materials that you need." Shizuka sighed. She knew that the lady was weak and frail but surely she would at least have some materials! She pulled open yet another cabinet to find nothing.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37634
LD: 17

Shizuka was rather worried. She was not exactly happy with her current situation, she was unable to find any materials for the life of her and she was getting frustrated. However, she continued through and kept looking for the materials that are inside the cabinets. Once more, she looked for a random material and somehow, to her surprise, she was able to find something of use. Blood of an oak tree? She thought before shrugging and placing it into her inventory.

Total Material: 6

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37638
LD: 9

Shizuka had finally found something that was worth anything to her and she planned to keep the sucess of the gathering going. She knew that she would need these materials on a later date after setting up her shop whe she eventually finishes this quest but so far, this quest had been frustrating and quite annoying. Shizuka went to yet another random cabinet to perhaps find materials and of course... she was unable to do so.

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37643
LD: 1

Shizuka sighed. She had thought that perhaps she had found luck again when she wad able to find materials with a previous attempt. With resentment, she knew that she would have to improve her looting and treasure hunting skills. Shizuka went around the lab, wondering if there might be anything interesting when she found a cabinet labeled body of a cricket. Upin first instincts, she did not think that there was danger but she was wrong. The cricker jump out of the cabinet and scared the hell out of Shizuka.

Total Material: 6

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37667
Loot Dice: 14

Shizuka rolled her eyes, it seemed as if her luck had once again decided to screw her over. She was glad that this was during a non-combat quest or she might be in deep trouble at the moment. Nevertheless, she continued her search to check for materials that she could use in alchemy. When she came across a cabinet labeled "water orb", she opened it to see that there was actually an orb of water there, she grabbed for it but ended up smashing it. With a sigh, she continued searching.

Edited by Shizuka

Shizuka decided that she's had enough materials and continuing to gather materials would cause her to get even more frustrated with the situation. She sighed before going to the front of the shop to talk to the old alchemist lady. And hence, a long thread of conversation has begun. Shizuka sighed before saying, "I have obtained six materials. Is that good enough?" She asked.

"Indeed." The lady said simply before continuing, "The whole point of this exercise is to allow you to find out how to gather materials. You have done well. Now, I grant you the powers of an alchemist. Congratulations." 

Hence, Shizuka has done it, she has obtained much materials and now she will go make her own shop, make her own crystals and potions, and that shall be it, her path for a support player.

Edited by Shizuka