[PP-F1] Always Time For Another - Part 2 (Shizuka, Endilix) - Complete!

As Emerath walked along to the edge of the Town of Beginnings, with Shizuka hopefully in tow after their nice afternoon lunch, Emerath popped open his menu and sent off a message to his brother, requesting his tanking skills and aid with some boar slaying with a new player. He figured Endilix wouldn't say no. He never did say no to getting to tank. The message was simple and to the point, as he requested that Endilix meet him on the first floor, west gate. As he reached the gate, he looked out to the fields and small rolling hills that comprised the inner layer of the first floor before it reached the forest in the distance. He yawned a bit and stretched, hopeful that the boars they fought today ended up to be less of a challenge than the one boar they had fought. He just supposed they'd have to poke some of the littler ones to make sure they didn't get overwhelmed. Not to mention they had to keep Shizuka safe. Emerath crossed his arms across his chest as he waited for his twin brother and his companion.

Edited by Emerath

Emerath had received the message from his brother and smiled at the thought of not only helping out a newbie, but also at getting to put his tanking skills to the test once again. Granted, him and Emerath had been fighting a lot of boars, and he was looking for more of a challenge, Endilix figured it better to be safe than sorry as he made his way to the fourth floor Teleport Gate. As he reached the Teleport Gate, he shouted "Town of Beginnings!" as a blue light enveloped him and he teleported down to the first floor. Once he appeared at his destination, he began to walk west, as he was bid, to the town gates. As he reached them, he saw his brother, always the first to the scene of course, waiting for him with crossed arms and a tapping foot. Endilix clanked up next to him, his armor jingling as he walked, saying, "Where's the newbie we're supposed to help?"

Shizuka had followed her friend, Emerath, as they made their way through the starting town to meet up with... Endilx?... or something like that. She tried to remember the brother's name but was soon only able to remember part of it. Nevertheless, she anticipated the moment with excitement. This was the first time she would fight alongside two other people instead of one and it would be an entirely new experience for someone like her. Also, perhaps the weather was contributing to her excitement... It was quite sunny outside, like most days. The sky was cloudless, perfect for a day at the beach or some relaxation time, but she knew that there was to be no time for that. She would have to level up quick as she knew that the front lines could use someone of her qualities. Also... Imagine being on the front lines! She thought in admiration at the few front liners that she's met previously. Actions count more than words. Finally, when Emerath turned the corner, someone unknown spoke and immediately, when Shizuka saw the man, she could tell that it was Emerath's brother. They share the same red hair, same facial characteristics, and the same colored eyes as well. Almost identical. She observed before speaking, "That would be me, mister. My name is Shizuka." She said with a friendly, warm smile on her face.

Emerath gave a bow to both Shizuka and his brother as they appeared. "Well, looks like everyone is here, let us head out into the fields and find a nice set of boars to kill. Endilix, go ahead and lead the way, since you will be tanking." Emerath looked to Shizuka, "What kind of combat are you looking for? Endilix might need a round or two to gain Hate, so we won't be initially in combat. We can try to find a group of things to kill, or we can find a larger monster to kill, if you are interested. This can be a loot run, or it can be a practice run, the decision is yours."

Endilix listened to his brother give him lead of the foray into combat, and he smiled. He began to walk out into the fields, pulling out his warhammer and pulling his shield off of his back. He hefted his warhammer onto his shoulder as he clinked lightly while he walked, listening to the conversation happening behind him. Endilix was a bit intrigued, it was rather unlike his brother to go out of his way to find and help people. Generally it was a case of Endilix being the one to do so, but he tried to look at it in a positive light. Finally, as Emerath finished his thoughts on the situation, Endilix said back to the two behind him, "I think she'd learn best if we fought something a bit more tough. We can kill babies all day long, but at the end of the day the way she's going to succeed is in the heat of fierce combat."

Shizuka smiled. "Yes. I think we should kill tougher mobs that would give us more loot." She said. There's no point in fighting if loot is not involved. Shizuka agreed with Endilix when he did indeed say that she would learn faster under the heat of a high leveled battle. However, I would like it if I don't get killed. She thought with humour. "We should hunt down some boars... They are currently the only thing I can handle." Shizuka said. She had never fought anything but boars so far in the game and the boars that she fought were rather weak and were alone when she fought them. "I think we should be able to gather up quite a bit of material from this boar hunting task..." If we cooperate. She thought. "Also, I'd like to add Endilix to my friend and invite both of you to my party if you don't mind," She said with a grin. These two players, she could get along with quite well as Emerath's brother seems to be quite friendly as well. She had found that the two players were rather mature and this type of matureness isn't found to be common among the players in SAO. Shizuka tied her hair up, "This might get messy." and with her sword in hand, she prepared to enter combat when they do find a boar.  "Okay, so there are no boars here apparently." Shizuka said, resentful towards the game that they would have to walk a bit more in order to find boars to grind off of. I'm too lazy for this.

Emerath nodded at his companions, and said, "Yes, it wouldn't make much sense to be out here and not party up, first and foremost." He looked to his brother and said, "Alright then, find the biggest boar you can and we can and initiate combat." As they continued to walk along and he let his brother plan out the next steps he turned to Shizuka, "If we're going to be fighting a tougher mob, the mitigation might make it difficult for you to do damage. I would say focus on healing my brother as best as you can, and damage whenever possible besides. Every little bit will help in either direction. I'll be the main DPS of the party while he tanks. He shouldn't take much damage, but that's what will make it good practice for you."

Endilix kept walking along. There were a few boars here and there, and some little groups. But Endilix wasn't finding a suitable target. And then Endilix heard a loud trampling noise coming from the side. He turned and readied himself into a combat stance on instinct, as he saw a giant boar come charging at him. Endilix managed to side step the assault, and was expecting the boar to be passive and just keep running, but that wasn't the case. It turned, its beady eyes fixated on Endilix. Endilix smiled at it, "Well guys, looks like I found our target." Endilix gave a battle cry and rushed at the boar, his hammer raised, but it was no good. His hammer smashed into the ground as the boar sidestepped him as easily as he had sidestepped it.

Endilix yanked his hammer out of the ground, with the boar looking at the trio warily. Endilix turned to the other two, "Keep in mind, I don't have it fixated on me yet, so be careful about attacking."

Monster Details

Frenzy_Boar.png.7e6ab6956ec20e41a329ed32

• Large Boar:
    • HP 22/22
    • DMG: 3
    • MIT: 5

Turn Order

• Large Boar
  • Endilix
  • Shizuka
  • Emerath

Combat

• ID: 37699
  • BD: 5 (Failure) -2 EP
  • MD: 4 (Failure)

Combat Results

• Endilix: 41/41
    • EP: 9/9 -> 7/9
  • Shizuka: 24/24
  • Emerath: 44/44
  • Large Boar: 22/22
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Shizuka (0), Emerath (0)
Edited by Endilix

ID: 37745
Battle Dice: 6
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Shizuka looked at the mob. Somehow, to her surprise, Endilix had managed to miss the boar as it was rather large. Its eyes glared red and its body covered with blue fur. Her point is, it stood out from the grass as its colours contradict nature completely. Well, I guess some animals don't use camouflage.  She thought with humour before lifting up her starter sword and preparing to charge the boar. Of course, the boar was looking the other way having dodged the tank's attack. Shizuka decided that it should be rather easy to hit the mob as she was decent at combat. With a look of determination, she charged forward with her arms full extended and followed through to strike the boar right in the butt. It was sent forward from the impact of the attack and was now lying right in front of Emerath. "Looks like the party has started with a dramatic impact," Shizuka said, not sure if that made sense but it did sound cool and style points were all that mattered. "I'd say that that attack was rather good for my first attack," She said, feeling a bit of confidence that she hoped wouldn't get pushed down as the battle continued. "Alright, Emerath... It's time for your attack!"  She shouted.

HP List:
Endilix41/41
   Energy: 6/8
      Hate: 0
Shizuka: 24/24
   Energy: 4/6 (-2)
      Hate: 1
Emerath: 44/44
   Energy: 11/11

Enemies:
Large Boar: 
21/22 (2 DMG * 2 Art - 5 MIT = -1)

Edited by Shizuka

Emerath watched as Shizuka went in for a strike, and smiled with a bit of bemusement at her quip. He raised an eyebrow, but watched as the boar fell at his feet from the attack. In response, Emerath prepared his own attack, but as he went in for the strike, the boar was too quick to recover. For a creature so large, it was fairly fast, as Emerath's attempted grip on the boar ended up with him grabbing nothing but air. He grunted and looked at his brother, "You know, for the ones supposedly leading this combat, we aren't exactly doing all that great, brother."

Combat

• ID: 37751
  • BD: 1 (Critical Failure) -2 EP

Combat Results

• Shizuka: 24/24
    • EP: 11/11 -> 9/11
  • Large Boar: 21/22
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Shizuka (1), Emerath (0)
Edited by Emerath

Endilix watched Shizuka and his brother as he readied his next attack on the boar, and he couldn't help but agree with his brother's comment as Shizuka actually managed to make a hit while him and Emerath floundered about. Endilix saw that due to her being the one to get a hit in, the boar had decided to take out its anger on her, and he charged up his attack and ran forward, trying to make himself a suitable distraction and target. Unfortunately, the boar was still surprisingly fast, and Endilix's swing hit nothing but air as the boar rushed forward and charged Shizuka hard in the chest, causing her HP to drop by quite a few points. Endilix cursed under his breath at his failure.

Combat

• ID: 37752
  • BD: 2 (Failure) -2 EP
  • MD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG
    • Target: Shizuka
    • 3 DMG + 2 DMG = 5 DMG

Combat Results

• Passive Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 7/9 -> 8/9 -> 6/9
  • Shizuka: 24/24 -> 19/24
  • Large Boar: 21/22
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Shizuka (1), Emerath (0)
Edited by Endilix

ID: 37764
Battle Dice: 7
Sword Art <<Verticle>> Activated

Shizuka gasped when she was hit by the boar. It was almost as though she felt the pain even though pain doesn't exist on Sword Art Online. She cursed the boar before standing up. "Come on guys, I need you two to direct the attention of the boar away from me, I can't just continue to get damaged or I might actually face death." Shizuka said. Indeed, this was the first time that even the tiniest bit of health has been taken away from her and obviously she was worried as this was the first time in any battle in which the mob was directing its attention on Shizuka. Of course, she didn't like it... Not one bit. She needed to take comfort in the fact that someone would be protecting her and currently, it's not happening. Nevertheless, she must not lose the urge to continue fighting and hence, she picked up her sword with a grunt and got into fighting stance. This time, the boar was facing her... prepared to dodge and counter attack but she knew that she would hit... Video games were always like this, now she had the boar's complete focus. Her attack must not have been very painful for the boar but currently, she was the only one making progress. She watched as the health of the boar slowly trickled down by one. Eh... My damage output is actually so low. She thought in resentment.

HP List:
Endilix41/41
   Energy: 6/9
Shizuka: 19/24
   Energy: 4/6 (+1) (-1)
   Energy: 9/11

Enemies:
Large Boar: 
20/22 (2 DMG * 1 Art - 5 MIT = -2)

Edited by Shizuka

Emerath was a bit miffed by this brother's showing, but he tried not to think too much about it and instead focus on the goal, killing the boar and keeping Shizuka safe. Emerath powered up his attack, his leg beginning to glow as the Sword Art activated, and he flew forward in a flash, delivering a solid set of kicks to the face of the boar. The boar's HP dropped dramatically in response and it staggered backwards with a dazed look in its eyes. Emerath turned to Shizuka and gave her a bow as he said, "I do apologize, but don't worry. We'll make sure you're kept as safe as possible."

Combat

• ID: 37772
  • BD: 8 (Success) +1 Hate
    • Sword Art Activated: Crescent Moon 3x1 (Stun) = 4 DMG x 3 = 12 DMG - 5 MIT = 7 DMG -6 EP

Combat Results

• Shizuka: 19/24
    • EP: 9/11 -> 10/11 -> 4/11
  • Large Boar: 20/22 -> 13/22
    • Stunned
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Shizuka (2), Emerath (1)
Edited by Emerath

Endilix was impressed by his brother stunning the boar, and as such it didn't make any attack, much to his relief. Endilix didn't like the fact that he was tanking so poorly, and all it told him was that he just needed to up his skills and get some actual Hate generation skills under his belt for proper effect. But the boar was stunned, that meant he would be able to hit it this time for sure. Endilix raised his hammer high into the air as he prepared another attack, but right as he was about to swing downward the boar suddenly snapped awake and dodged the attack, making Endilix's hammer just slam hard into the dirt once again. Endilix began to curse loudly as he found his hammer stuck in the dirt and tried to pull it out.

Combat

• ID: 37784
  • BD: 1 (Critical Failure) -2 EP

Combat Results

• EP: 6/9 -> 7/9 -> 5/9
  • Large Boar: 13/22
    • Stun CD: 0/2
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Shizuka (2), Emerath (1)
Edited by Endilix

ID: 37909
Battle Dice: 6
Sword Art <<Vertical>> Activated

Shizuka sighed and she had all the rights to do so. As a support, she needed players to heal but neither of the two players were taking damage. She didn't mean it in a bad way, but she was feeling unimportant as she could only deal one damage maximum with the current amount of damage she was dealing. Of course, as a support, she was not bothered by this fact as often, she would operate with other players in parties... never acting alone. However, it matters not because, at the moment, the two players around here were preventing the boar from hitting very efficiently. She sighed before lifting up her starter sword, prepared to strike down on the intimidating boar. Shizuka was full of confidence that she would be able to land the hit, however, she was definitely not confident at whether her amount of damage output... a solid damage of one. The damage would be enough to scare even the toughest of ants away. Shizuka grinned in frustration before charging forward and stabbing the mob with confidence and determination. Indeed, she had struck the boar but this only made the boar more angry towards her and that was never a good sign.

HP List:
Endilix41/41
   Energy: 5/9
Shizuka: 19/24
       Hate: 3
   Energy: 4/11

Enemies:
Large Boar:
12/22 (2 DMG * 1 Art - 5 MIT = -2)

Edited by Shizuka

The boar was nothing if not elusive, it had proven that in this combat, and Emerath was starting to question Endilix's choice in target. Emerath frowned as he readied his fists for another set of attacks, but the boar simply danced out of the way of his blows as quickly as he could throw them. Emerath huffed, even as fast as he was, this boar was proving faster, which frustrated Emerath to no end. He shook his head, and looked to Shizuka, before pulling out, and throwing to her a basic health potion labeled "Red Heart". "Just in case..." he said, shaking his head at the way things were going.

Combat

• ID: 38515
  • BD: 2 (Success) -2 EP

Combat Results

• EP: 4/11 -> 5/11 -> 3/11
  • Large Boar: 12/22
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Shizuka (3), Emerath (1)

Additional Notes

Emerath gave Red Heart to Shizuka from Battle Ready Inventory (+15 HP Health Potion)

Edited by Emerath

Endilix grew more and more frustrated the more that happened around him. The only person who seemed to be consistent was Shizuka, and while consistency was good, the boar didn't like being consistently poked in the rump. Endilix grunted as he finally managed to wrench his hammer free of the ground. The spikes were caked in dirt and Endilix sighed a bit, thinking about how he'd have to seriously scrub and clean that out later. He hefted his hammer, and yelled out, "Alright, buddy, I'm getting tired of you. Stand still and die!" Endilix gave a battle cry as he ran forward, his hammer glowing with the activation of a Sword Art. The boar had actually not been paying attention to him for once, its full focus on the girl who had been poking him, and that served Endilix just fine. His hammer managed to connect with two solid blows to the jaw of the boar, right as it noticed that there was this other person barreling towards it, and before the boar knew it, it was flying through the air, before landing with a hard thud on the ground. Slowly, the boar made its way back to its feet with a loud squeal of defiance, as its health dropped into the red.

Combat

• ID: 38601
  • BD: 10 (Critical Success) +2 DMG +2 Hate
    • Sword Art Activated: Upper Swing 2x1 - 5 DMG + 2 DMG = 7 DMG x 2 = 14 DMG - 5 MIT = 9 DMG -2 EP
  • MD: 3 (Failure)

Combat Results

• EP: 5/9 -> 6/9 -> 4/9
  • Large Boar: 12/22 -> 3/22
    • Stun CD: 1/2
    • Hate: Endilix (2), Shizuka (3), Emerath (1)
Edited by Endilix

ID: 38608
Battle Dice: 7
Sword Art <<Vertical>> Activated

"Thanks," Shizuka said as Emerath threw her the potion. Indeed, it was something that she would soon craft as an alchemist but at that time, she was clueless as to how to use it. Despite that, she accepted it gratefully with the catch of the potion. Soon, however, she decided that it would be rather useless as the boar had been cut down to only three health with the powerful strike of Endilix. The powerful man had dealt a massive critical to the mob and well, now it was certain that she had no need to use the potion. She'll just give it back at the end of the battle. Now, it was her turn and she had no one, in particular, to heal so there was only one thing that she would need to do... If she inflicts a critical upon the mob, it's over because her bleed enhancement would knock its remaining health down to zero, hence causing her to have the final hit on the mob. However, that was not going to be the case. Things were not going to be that simple. The chances of her inflicting a critical is an absolute low and she was honesty not surprised when she wasn't able to complete what she had wanted to. Nevertheless, she was able to strike the boar nicely and smoothly, causing it to lose one more health and hence allowing Emerath quite an easy attack on it.

HP List:
Endilix41/41
   Energy: 4/9
      Hate: 2
Shizuka: 19/24
       Hate: 4 (+1)
   Energy: 3/11

Enemies:
Large Boar: 
3/22 (2 DMG * 1 Art - 5 MIT = -2 DMG)

Edited by Shizuka

Emerath was ready to end this as swiftly as possible, and after watching Endilix and Shizuka both put on a show, he didn't want to let them down. He smiled at them both as he readied a Sword Art and his feet and hands both began to blow. In a flash, Emerath was right next to the staggered boar and had delivered three solid kicks to the snout followed up by a painful thrust to the neck, causing the boar's eyes to bug out as it squealed and exploded into a shower of pixels. Emerath smiled as the loot window popped up in front of Emerath and he smiled as he accepted the material and Col. "Well, I'm sorry for how that went, Shizuka. I'll make sure that next time we meet things don't end up this way." He gave the girl a reassuring smile, although he wouldn't have blamed her if she didn't ask to quest with the brothers again after that showing. He saw that the girl still held his healing potion, and was ready to give it back to him, so he accepted it with a smile and a bow.

Combat

• ID: 39454
  • BD: 7 + 1 (8) (Success) +1 Hate
    • Sword Art Activated: Delayed Sword 4x1 = 4 DMG x 4 = 16 DMG - 5 MIT = 11 DMG -4 EP

Combat Results

• EP: 3/11 -> 4/11 -> 0/11
  • Large Boar: 2/22 -> 0/22 Dead!
    • LD: 10 + 1 (11) (+1 Crafting Material + 110 Col) (1)

Additional Notes

• Red Heart accepted back from Shizuka.
Edited by Emerath

Endilix put his hammer in the straps on his waist and gave a heavy sigh as he placed his shield on his back. He shook his head and looked to the two, before walking over to Shizuka and giving a deep bow, his armor clanking as he did so. He frowned as he stood back up and said, "I'm truly sorry, Shizuka. I was a poor tank today, and I do hope that you can forgive me. I promise, should you ever choose to battle with us again, I'll show that I'm made of stronger stuff next time." His tone was truly apologetic as he looked at Shizuka's slowly increasing HP bar recovering after the battle. He simply shook his head again and began to walk off, frustrated with himself and his incapability. He would make up for this, one way or another. Of this he vowed to himself.

Thread Complete!

• Emerath: +1 SP, 243 Col, 1 Crafting Material
  • Endilix: +1 SP, 133 Col
  • Shizuka: +1 SP, 133 Col