[PP-F4] <<Feeding the Enemy>> A Piercing Gaze (Flints) - Complete!

Emerath had started to climb the tree, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder as Flints talked to him. He slid back down from what little progress he had made in the short time and looked over at her as she went off on her little tangent. "Admittedly, I don't know a ton about owls except what you see in cartoons or movies. I just know I like the way they look and act, and I think a barn owl looks both menacing and adorable, somehow at the same time." As she tapped the back of his knee, he blinked at her as she held her hand out before realizing that she wanted to give him a boost. He blushed a bit at the thought that he needed one, but he wasn't about to deny her help. So he placed his foot in her hand and placed himself against the tree to ready for her assistance. "Alright, go ahead."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flints focused on Emerath's feet and once she felt a little of his weight on her hands she shoved as hard as she could, maybe a little too hard, but more than enough to shoot him to the first few branches. "Sorry! I didn't realize how..light your were." She started to giggle and quickly coughed to cover it. "Menacing and adorable? It sounds just like you!" after throwing Emerath at the tree she shot back up into it and perched herself back in the branch she was in before. "I'm still all for you hooting and flapping your arms!" 

Before Emerath knew it, he had been launched into the tree at a rapid speed, and he had only just managed to grab onto one of the branches as he came back down and swung up onto it. He was a bit breathless from the sudden ascent, as he looked down at Flints, steadying his heart rate. He frowned at her again as she commented on him being adorable, "I'm starting to think you won't be happy until my cheeks are dyed a permanent shade of red, mi'lady." He continued to climb the trees, deciding whether or not to acknowledge her comment about him hooting and flapping his arms. It would make him feel like a madman to do so, but a part of him couldn't help but wonder if it would actually work, as he got closer to the top of the tree.

Flints sat back on the tree, she was probably the worst help when it came to this but she was hoping her company was welcome. She flashed a smile, a genuine one, all her pearly whites showing and everything, something she rarely did. She giggled and continued to poke at Emerath. " well I think it's a good color on you that's all! And I hope we're not being too much trouble.." She looked down at the now sleeping Antillian. "I hope we can find your feathered friend before he does. Hopefully Tillian doesnt decide he needs a snack." She glanced over at the higher branches that Emerath was trying to climb for and decided she needed to climb as well. Slowly she stood back up and began to climb up to catch up to Emerath. 

Emerath looked down at Flints as he climbed, just in time to see her flash him a beautiful smile. He blinked at her a moment, as he held onto the branch above him, hanging down like a dapper monkey. The smile made his heart melt a bit, as she then continued into yet another compliment. He just stared at her for a moment, not really thinking about the fact that he was hanging high up in a tree from a branch, as he tried to find words of response. Finally he said, "You have an absolutely beautiful smile, mi'lady. And no... you aren't any trouble at all! I have enjoyed your company, and if I didn't, I wouldn't have even asked you to come along." He shook his head, trying to free himself of the thoughts of Flints' beauty, as he looked up. He was nearing the top of the tree. Just a few more branches... he thought to himself as he climbed up onto the one he was on and jumped for the next one.

Flints watched Emerath stop and stare at her for a short while, she met his eyes and starred up at him not knowing what he was doing but she didn't question him. He complemented her and it aided her to become a little stunned, she shook her head and scoffed, she bounded up a few more branches when finally the complement got to her and she missed the branch, causing her to fall back down, she was able to dig her nailed into a branch and keep herself from ending up in the snow below them, with that she sat down on the branch not looking up at Emerath, starring straight into the horizon, becoming a deer shade of red with each moment that passed, her heart raced from almost falling and she sat quietly hoping the feeing of almost falling would pass. 

Emerath had almost reached the top of the tree when he had heard Flints make a bit more commotion than usual below him. As he started for the next branch, he looked down to see her slip, and begin to fall down the tree. Instinctively, Emerath let out a gasp, and then began to hop nimbly from branch to branch, swinging along them towards her, hoping that maybe he could catch her, despite that she was so far below him and moving fast. But, he had to try. He grunted with each branch, but she had managed to catch herself, seemingly only barely, on a branch before hitting the ground hard. He breathed a sigh of relief, as his heart raced, with him sitting holding onto a branch above him and resting on another. He shook his head, and as she recovered and seemed to be staring off into the sunset, Emerath continued to make his way down and hung down from a branch in front of her, so that their eyes were at the same level, directly in her field of vision. "Y-you okay? You gave me quite a scare there. I'm glad you were able to catch yourself." He tried his best to smile for her, and was hopeful that him hanging around on branches would help ease the stress of her falling a bit.

Flints continued to stare off into the sunset hoping the moment would pass, as if nothing had happened, maybe Emerath didn't even notice she had slipped. But before she knew it Emerath was inches from her face, she couldn't avoid him that way and she gave a little Yelp at his closeness. She almost fell back from the branch she stood upon and instinctively grabbed out and held tight onto Emerath, her forehead smacked against his in her furious flailing. Flints took quick short breaths, she could feel her heart racing rapidly, if she didn't know better she would have thought it was trying to escape from her chest. Before she let go of Enerath she whispered in his ear. "Maybe I should continue the search on the ground.." She glanced down at Antillian  who gave her a worried whine. "Yeah looks like I'm gonna stay down there from now on.." Flints let Emerath go and wrinkled her nose, rubbing her forehead from the impact. 

Emerath hadn't actually meant to surprise Flints, as she yelped and he found her suddenly flailing wildly, before she grabbed onto him. Emerath might not have been as bad off if the flailing hadn't been accompanied by a hard headbutt to his forehead, which made his grip slip on the branch he was on, though he managed to keep a hold of it with his fingertips. And so they hung there, Emerath a bit dazed and dizzy from the headbutt, hanging from a branch, and Flints hanging off him so that she could keep her balance. He could feel her heart racing, and he wished that he wasn't in the position he was in so that he could give her a hug, but had he decided to do that they would have both fallen. She whispered in his ear, and then let go, before Emerath gave a bit of a breathless nod from the entire situation, his cheeks a nice shade of pink. "Yeah... uh, I think that's the best idea for both of us, to be honest." Emerath looked down, he wasn't too far from the ground. He let go of the branch he was on, falling into the snow with a soft crunching sound next to Antillian. He petted the wolf as they both looked up at Flints, and Emerath said, "She's fine... we're both fine. Everything is just... fine," he mumbled a bit nervously at the wolf.

Edited by Emerath

Once flints finished her panicking she steadied herself and slowly climbed down the tree, opting out of jumping In case she were to actually fall and take damage. Once she felt the soft snow beneath her feet she relaxed into it and petted Antillian. "Sorry for making you worry..everything is okay, Emerath got me.." She joked. Before he could say anything about her flailing she walked off and began to awkwardly look around again for the owl, she searched high and low in hopes of finding even a small sliver of life. "'Man these things are pretty elusive.." She whispered under her breath. She hoped that Emerath would end up finding the biggest and most beautiful of owls, one with the prettiest of wings. She wondered if the owl would like her, or flat or hate her. She was a huge fan of owls, the silent predators of the night were pretty fearsome in their own way, she would go so far as to even call them perfect hunters.  

Emerath was a bit shaken up by everything that had happened and so was Flints, it seemed. He gave a sigh, not actually entirely sure how to recover things. He sighed and walked along behind her as she searched the sky, wondering what was going through her mind. Then he saw movement in the snow. He saw a rabbit poke its head out of a small rabbit hole and begin to hop along. Emerath cocked his head, and grabbed Flints by the wrist as he watched it shake the snow from itself. Had it been hiding from something? Emerath thought to himself as he watched the rabbit look around cautiously, before beginning to hop along across the snow.

Within an instant there was a blur of white, and before there had been any time to react, the rabbit was gone with an audible squeak. Emerath blinked, and squeezed Flints wrist, "What.... what just happened?" Emerath looked around and that was when he spotted it on a branch above them. A beautiful barn owl sitting on the branch. It was a fair size, large enough to sit on Emerath's shoulder without bumping into his head, but not too small. Emerath gasped, as he watched the owl tear into the rabbit with its sharp beak and eat.

Without hesitation, Emerath readied his bread, which admittedly wasn't as good as the meal the owl had, but he hoped it would still suffice, as he climbed up the tree next to the branch the owl was on. He made his way up the tree as silently as he could, before he got to the branch and stood on it, crouching, as he approached the creature. It stopped its meal, and looked at Emerath curiously, before giving a soft noise, but it didn't run away. Emerath smiled, and held the bread out, and before he knew it, as he got close enough, the bread was gone from his hand in a flash. Emerath blinked, and the owl just gave him another curious look,  turning its head, before it hopped over to Emerath, pushing the dead rabbit from the branch, with it exploding into a shower of pixels in the snow, leaving nothing but pink stains to prove it had even existed to begin with. The owl flapped its wings, and sat on Emerath's shoulder, looking down at Flints below, just as curiously as it had him. Emerath chuckled nervously as he looked down at his companions saying, "I... uh... I found an owl guys."

Familiar Search:

• ID: 38409
  • LD: 18 + 1 (19) (Successful Familiar With Buff)
Edited by Emerath

Flints froze when Emerath grabbed her and blushed before attempting to speak. "Em-Emerath..." She quickly stopped when she spotted the rabbit. She glanced over to Antillian who seemed to not be interested in it. Before she could warn Emerath the rabbit was gone and Emerath seemed to be in awe. She followed his gaze to the tree they had just gotten off of and saw what cause the commotion. The owl sat happily munching its prey she knew they were quick but didn't know they were that quick. She gulped and before she knew it Emerath was climbing the tree and offering it food. She watched Antillian nervously but he padded over to her and waited. As if he knew exactly what was going on. When the owl finally came to rest on Emerath's shoulder she gasped. Antillian stretched out in the snow in a bowing motion and gave a deep howl before plooping down into it. "Whoa..you did it Emerath!" Flints excitedly exclaimed and slowly approached the tree where she waited for them to asend. She laughed staring at the two. "Who knew you were such a charmer!" She giggled. 

Emerath slowly made his way down from the branch, trying to be careful not to spook his new friend as he made his way down. In his care, Emerath actually ended up slipping on the snowy branch and falling onto his butt in the snow. He sighed and blinked at Flints and Antillian next to him as his new owl friend landed on his head and gave a soft hooting noise. Emerath couldn't help but chuckle as he blushed a bit in embarrassment. "I like to think you knew I was a charmer. Or else you probably wouldn't be around me so much," he teased, trying to take the attention off of his own silly little failure. He looked up, and he could see his new friend grooming a few of his feathers on one of his wings, before looking down at Emerath and giving another small hoot.

Flints watched as Emerath climbed down the tree and landed...gracefully...on his butt. She winced before reaching down to help him up but when he agreed he was a charmer she took her offer back and snickered. "Such a charmer, I would say I'm falling head over heels for you, but it looks like you've got that covered." She put her hand to her hip and used the other one to reach out to the owl, she wasn't sure how to address an owl but she figured this was a start. 

Emerath sat still as Flints reached out to the owl on his head. He didn't want to move and make the owl do something like hurt her, as the owl just seemed to cock its head at her reaching out. The owl gave a louder hoot at her, before hopping around a bit on Emerath's head. "Flints, I dunno if we should be petting him yet. Birds are different from dogs. He has hardly even gotten used to me. I don't want him to bite you or something..." He looked up at the owl as best as he could, before he finally began to stand up from the snow with a shiver. He shook off the excess from his clothes and the owl flew around his head in a small circle before landing again on Emerath's shoulder. "If nothing else, it appears that I make a good perch."

Flints withdrew her offer for the bird and quickly buried her hand in Antillian's mane. She watched as it circled Emerath and then looked away. "Well now at least you are good for that, I can agree." She laughed thinking about her flailing and grasping into Emerath not to long ago. She wasn't sitting on him, but he did make a good thing to grasp onto. She shrugged at her thoughts and how they didn't line up well, but didn't bother with it any further. "So, what are you gonna name...uh..it?" She wasn't sure if it was a male or female owl. 

Emerath looked over at the owl and cautiously took a finger to scratch the owl around the beak, which to Emerath's surprise it accepted and closed its eyes with a soft hoot. Emerath smiled at it, "Based on the softness of the hoots, I'd have to say a she. Although, that isn't the most defining factor. I guess we'll just have to see if she lays eggs at some point. But that's what I'm going to go with, since I don't know how to check the gender of owls. She shall be a she... and, her name will be Mist." Emerath smiled, and the owl hooted in response, seemingly happy with the name choice. He looked back to Flints, "What do you think? She certainly seems to like it."

Flints couldn't help but grin at Emerath's affectionate petting of the owl. She was more intrigued by how happy the owl was to accept the scratches. "Well I say that's good reasoning! Eh Tillian?" She smiled to the wolf and tugged his horns. When she looked back at the two she whispered. "Mist?" She thought about it for a bit and smiled. "That's a beautiful name for a beautiful birdie." She cooed. She looked up at the sky and then back down at the two. "Okay you love birds, I'm glad you found eachother, but let's head home. It's getting dark," she smiled. The look Emerath had seemed to be more stunned than in awe like flints was with Antillian. As she began to walk she called back to them. "Don't worry Emerath. I'm sure she's happy to stay close to you. I mean, who wouldn't~" she purred. 

Emerath had started to follow after Flints, and had absentmindedly pulled out some more bread from his inventory and was feeding it to Mist as they walked, who seemed to be accepting the bread happily. Emerath smiled at the owl. She was a beautiful creature, and he wondered how she would acclimate herself to his lab. He supposed he'd have to get himself a nice bird cage for her to live in, although he'd have to keep it open, as he felt like she wouldn't like to be all cooped up. Emerath scratched around her beak again as she nibbled at the bread in his hand and said, "No, can't keep you cooped up, what could would it be to have a companion if she's just kept in a cage, eh?~" Emerath chuckled, as he caught himself talking out loud to his pet, and he turned a bit red, both at him doing so and at what Flints had said. He coughed and said, "Yes, well, I..." but he honestly had no way to recover from that one. Finally, he just smiled at Flints and chuckled, "I can't speak for everyone, but I'm glad that she has decided to stay close to me, as I've been glad to have you stay close as well."

Flints listened carefully to Emerath as she walked along, she giggled at his talking outloud to Mist, but she was guilty of doing the same to Antillian. She felt as though they understood whatever it was their tamer was going on about so she didn't mind all to much. There was times she felt Antillian even sassed her. The more she thought about it, she wondered if she was going insane finally in the game, death by an enemy would at least look honorable, whereas death by going insane..she looked down at Antillian and gave a gulp, finally shaking her head to clear the pointless thoughts and give Emerath some ideas for his beautiful lady. "Well why a cage? Why not just a nice perch so she can always stretch her wings without a cage, Just a post for her to stand upon when being on your shoulder is too much for her." She looked back and caught Emerath feeding her and in a little bit of a flustered mess and laughed. "Now who said I was talking about me, master?" She said and gave a little wink before looking back out ahead of her, trudging along in the snow on her way back home, she wondered if Dael would be surprised by his brothers choice in pets. The more she thought about t she wondered if Dael himself would want a familiar. 

"Hey Emerath..do you think Endilix would want a familiar?" She looked back a little perplexed. 

Edited by Flints