[PP-F4] <<Feeding the Enemy>> A Piercing Gaze (Flints) - Complete!

Emerath had successfully helped Flints find herself a wolf, and now the two had been practically inseparable. Although they were laying together on the rug of Emerath's shop in front of the fireplace, and he wasn't sure why. "You realize that you have to show him the wolf eventually, right?" Emerath asked her, his arms crossed and foot tapping as he looked down at the two. "Why are you hiding in my shop anyway? You should've taken the wolf straight to him." Emerath shook his head, he hadn't been able to get any work done with these two lounging around on his floor. They were lucky he hadn't gotten any customers lately, or else he might've had a problem if people started asking him about the woman wrapped up with a wolf on his floor. Emerath sighed, and made his way to the door of his shop, leaning over the rail and looking down at them from atop the stairs. "If it will get you out of my shop, we should go find my owl. You're making me want a pet with all your overly adorable owner and pet lovey dovey stuff."

Edited by Emerath
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flints was sprawled out on Emerath's soft rug, she had her head on Antillian's abdomen her green eyes watching his warm golden ones, she gently scratched his snout whilst listening to Emerath scold her. "Well he's not home, he's been really busy lately so I haven't seen much of him..to be honest we haven't slept in each others company in a while. So I'm not sure when they will meet, hopefully soon!" She shrugged off the fact that she was missing Endilix and perked up when Emerath mentioned they were going out to find him his very own familiar. "Where are we going to look? And Stop being so jealous Eru" she giggled before rising to meet Emerath at the door, Antillian in tow. "We are ready whenever you are!" She bowed slightly to Emerath. 

Emerath frowned, both at her calling him jealous and at her usage of his real name. "Hmph." was all he managed as he walked out the door into the cold. He was used to it at this point, having lived on this floor for roughly a month now. It had taken quite a bit of adjustment, but walking outside didn't cause him to freeze up like a Popsicle at least. He still felt a bit of a shiver run up his spine from the sudden temperature change, but that couldn't really be helped. He turned and waited for Flints to exit his shop behind him, before pulling out a set of keys and locking the door. "Alright then, let's go ahead and get looking. We're going to be looking on this floor. I'm looking for an owl, preferably. Though...." he turned and gave Flints a wink, "...a jackalope would work too."

Flints wiggled her way around Emerath and out into the cold, her heavy coat made the winds feel like a light breeze, she put her hood up and wondered off and away from the city hoping Emerath would follow, she didn't know where they were heading but she was happy to be getting out of that place. She looked back at Emerath and smiled "Well now look who really really wants a jackalope! I can't imagine how silly it would look, horns and all." She laughed only to be cut off by Antillian's low grumbling from her comment. "You look great though! Bunnies suck.." She quickly patted the wolf before looking out to Emerath again. "So then let's hope we can find you that owl soon, so you can have someone to keep you company when I'm not around~" she winked playfully. 

Emerath stared at Flints as she spoke and he followed along towards the outskirts of the city where they all lived on the fourth floor. She was acting odd, and Emerath was chocking it up to the wolfalope. He shrugged and decided it better to play along as he said, "I suppose that's true. I do get lonely when you're not around. Knowing you're only just next door, sleeping with someone who looks exactly like me." He winked at her playfully, "Though really, an owl wouldn't be quite as good company as you would be, I think I can make do." Emerath then looked around a bit, continuing with a final comment of, "I don't know that I actually want a jackalope. More that I just want to know if they exist or not."

Flints tripped a little in the snow and turned to him in a huff, her face reddened at the comment but she quickly dismissed it and gave a playful yet terrible jab of her own. "Well now, the real question is, is looks the only thing you have in common?" A wicked smile spread across her face and she turned back before he could answer and waved nonchalantly in the air. "Well if we can find a jackalope then I'd say that's good luck for the rest of the year!" She giggled, hoping silly hares didn't actually exist, the thought of them ramming into unsuspecting players was a little more than off-putting. 

Emerath shook his head at her retort and said, "Well, no, we have plenty of things in common. But just as many things we don't." He had meant to fluster Flints. It was funny to see her react like that, though he hadn't really intended to push the envelope on it any. Emerath considered the idea that a jackalope might be good luck, as he trudged through the snow. "Hm, so does that mean that if we catch one I should cut off its foot and have a lucky rabbit's foot? Then I wouldn't have to worry about only having good luck for a year. I could have good luck for the rest of my life!"

"Yeah you two are very different that's for sure. But are equally as great." She looked off into the distance before stopping and letting Emerath catch up. "I have no clue where I'm going, I guess you'll have to lead on this one master~" she giggled and waited for him thinking about the jackalope and Emerath claiming is foot as a trinket. "Gross, you'll just have a part of this dead thing with you all the time.." She ignored the fact her coat was the skin of a wolf and shook her head. "Well how about we find you a nice clover or something for goodluck? And leave the poor beast alone. unless you plan on eating the rest of it." 

Emerath blushed a bit at her compliment as well as her calling him master. It was an odd thing, but also oddly satisfying. Emerath shook his head and as he caught up to Flints he said, "Well, I wouldn't kill the thing unless I planned on using it, at least if I were hunting in real life. I think that's some sort of rule for hunting. Unfortunately I never done that in real life. This might be the closest to doing it ever." He shrugged and walked ahead, continuing to scan the area for any tracks or movement, checking the occasional bush. "I could have an artisan make it into a nice trinket to find loot with. That would be pretty neat."

Flints walked closely to Emerath, she watched him as he spoke and smiled. "Well then you're missing out, outside of game hunting is fun." She petted Antillian and sent him off into the brush to search as well, helping Emerath by doing dirty work. "I hope we can find something soon, although to be fair, we should probably be looking to the skies."  She looked up, glanced at all the branches, wondering what they might find, "owls like trees, so your gonna have to get up in a tree.." She giggled. "And that's a pretty grand idea. Your lucky foot would really be lucky!" 

As Flints spoke about looking to the sky, Emerath hadn't really considered the fact that he was still subconsciously looking for a jackalope. She was right though, and he bristled a bit that he hadn't thought of it himself. He turned to her and said, "Alright then, I suppose I'll have to do that." He wasn't entirely sure about the idea of actually getting in a tree, but he supposed that it'd be a better vantage point at least. The good thing about this floor is that it wasn't a snowy forest, and the trees were fairly spread out, so if he got up high he could probably see for quite a ways. "Alright, here I go then," he said as he walked over to the nearest tree and put a hand on it. A chill ran up his spine from the cold of the bark, and he sighed as he looked up. He hated this idea already.

Flints grinned wickedly and watched as Emerath walked up to a tree and placed his hand against it, he looked up at it begrudgingly which made her smile even more. "Come on now Emerath, it's not so bad! And if you get stuck I'll get you down, don't worry!" She giggled at the thought of Emerath trapped In a tree. "Maybe if you made owl noises and flapped you might get a response?" She looked at him innocently with her head cocked to the side, her actions were mirrored by Antillian who peaked out of the bush only long enough to cock his head as well. 

Emerath turned to Flints with a frown. He didn't like where she was going with this, and her innocent smile just made him frown even harder. He gave her a "Hmph." as he put his hands on the tree and began to climb up, using the natural indentations in the bark as handholds and footholds, until he made it far enough to grab a branch. He pulled himself up onto the branch he grabbed onto, knocking snow onto the ground below. He crouched on the branch and leaned against the tree, a bit out of breath from the exertion of the climbing. He looked down at Flints and sighed, "How do you make this stuff look so easy?" As she would make her answer, he began to look up to the next branch, dreading the rest of the climb to the top of the tree.

Flints giggled at Emerath's attempt to climb the tree, it was a rather large tree with a wide, sturdy trunk. As she watched him she wondered what me meant by Her making it look easy. She stared at the tree and Emerath before shooting herself into the same one, a quick breath before using all the power in her legs to bound against it, digging her fingers into the bark then pulling herself into a branch, sitting gracefully atop it smiling at emerath. "Well I think you looked graceful~" she gave him a wink before climbing higher. "Hopefully we will find it, maybe we should check inside the trees, like if they have holes in the trunks. You might wake it up but I'm sure it will be glad to see you." Flints glanced down and saw Antillian sitting at the base of the tree watching the two, she wondered if they thought they looked silly. 

Emerath stared at Flints as she showed off a bit, "You know, that's exactly what I meant." He sighed and blushed a bit when she said he looked graceful, trying not to think too much about her staring at him as he climbed awkwardly up a tree. That was when Emerath heard a bit of a scratching inside the tree. Emerath looked confused for a moment, before he said, "Shh... I hear something..." in a low whisper. He put his ear to the trunk. He heard what sounded like scratching inside of the tree. Emerath tried to find a hole in the trunk, as she had mentioned, but he couldn't see anything. That and the sound seemed to be coming from lower down.

Emerath took that as a sign that the hole was below, as he hopped back down from the branch he was on. "I know that might have been a waste, but there's something here..." he said quietly to Flints, as he searched around the base of the tree. Suddenly, a pair of horns poked out at Emerath from the tree trunk from a small hole at the base. Emerath gasped and fell backwards as he looked at the creature. "It's... it's a jackalope..." Emerath said slowly, as he stared at the head of the bunny with horns that had come out of the tree. Emerath fumbled for his bread in his inventory, and then when he had it ready he held it out to the jackalope, so that he could tame it. And sure enough, it worked! The jackalope ate the bread, and then came up next to Emerath with an odd squeak, rubbing its nose against his leg. Emerath just about died from adorable overload. He picked up the bunny and hugged it, but it seemed to get nervous by this gesture as it kicked away from Emerath and ran off into one of the bushes. Emerath gave a gasp, and said, "No, wait, come back!" as he started after it.

Finding a Familiar

• ID: 37779
  • LD: 15 + 1 (16) (Success) - No Buffs, Emerath Denies Familiar
  • -1 Bread
Edited by Emerath

Flints sat back on the branch watching as Emerath was able to coax the...jackalope...out of the bushes. She laughed as it took the bread from Emerath and nuzzled him, but her attention was quickly caught by Antillian who was eyeing the bunny, he's body became stoic, his pointy ears perked up even more, his tail bristled a bit as he held himself still, when the rabbit kicked away and began to head back to the bush under the tree Antillian sprung into action, his stiff body became as fluid as a quick stream, all the muscles in his body were easily seen through his thick fur, his leap caused him to land on the bunny who was just a few feet short of the bush, flints heart raced as she yelled out to stop him "TILLIAN" an unsettling crunch and whimper could be heard from beneath his powerful jaws. He quickly devoured the jackalope, bones and all. He left the horns and sauntered over to Emerath, dropping a small rabbits foot at his feet. Antillian's honey eyes looked up at Emerath as he sat back on his haunches, panting happily as the antlers from the jackalope burst into pixels behind him.  

Emerath had no time to react. Everything had happened so fast. As soon as he started to go after the jackalope he saw Antillian leap out of the corner of his eye and he beat Emerath to the punch, suddenly devouring the poor jackalope whole. Emerath just stood, watching the scene in awed horror. "W-what...." was all he managed to utter as Antillian came over and dropped the rabbits foot at his feet. Emerath stared at it in shock for a moment, looking at it and back to the horns as they burst into pixels and then back to the rabbit's foot, which seemed to be a real item. Finally, Emerath bent over and picked it up, staring at it for a long time. Finally, Emerath looked back at Antillian. The pup looked so happy with himself. Emerath sighed and patted the wolf on the head, pulling on his horns lightly, before putting the rabbit's foot in his inventory. Emerath looked up at Flints, his hand still on Antillian's head as he said a bit forlornly, "Well, at least now we know jackalopes exist... and now we know that Antillian likes to eat them."

Flints jumped down from the tree she occupied and tugged the wolf's mane a little forcefully but still lovingly. "I'm sorry Emerath..I didn't think he would..do..that." She couldn't stay mad at the pup, he looked way too happy about his accomplishment. "Well at least he uh, thought of you.." She sighed and continued to look around, hopefully they could find him another familiar. She tugged Antillian along, his tail wagging happily. "Okay maybe he shouldn't be allowed to look for you.." 

Emerath sighed a bit, as he adjusted his monacle and smoothed out the wrinkles in his suit as he recovered a bit from the experience that he had just gone through. He shook his head and smiled at Flints as he said, "Well, at least now I know they exist. I'm not sure I would've actually been happy with a jackalope anyway. I think an owl would certainly suit me better, and hopefully we can actually find one of those." He pulled the rabbits foot back out and looked at it, "At least I'll have something to remember this story by, so thanks to Antillian for that." He patted the wolf on the head again, before walking back over to the tree they had just come down from. "Well, I still think your idea of finding owls in the trees might be a good idea, before I got distracted by the rabbit. I'll bet there are tons of owls flying through the sky." He placed his hand on the tree trunk again, the cold sending another shiver through him, before he began to climb once again.

Flints smiled at Emrath's bout of optimism. She walked over to him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "I can help you up the tree if you'd like! Just to make it a little easier." She smiled warmly at him. "I think an owl suits you still. And unless you can fly I don't think we will be getting one from the sky, we probably should have waited till night time, when they are more active, well I assume they are more active at night..wait I'm thinking about bats.." She went off on her tangent idly bending down and hitting the back of Emerath's knee, trying to force his foot into her hand so she could boost him into the tree.