[PP:F2] Some Crimes Are Worth Committing (Mayuri)

“Come on…that’s it… one leg in front of the other,” Dora said as she hoisted the girl up once more.

Dora had come to floor two looking for some adventure. Instead what she found was a lost a bewildered Big Boobs McGee wondering around in a rather sorry state. Normally the little girl wouldn’t bother getting involved, but the girl looked so fragile and helpless that Isadora just couldn’t leave her out there alone. The pretty older girl in the pink kimono was apparently named Mai and she was an alchemist. These little tidbits were pieced together by some rather incoherent babbling the girl would occasionally do as they walked along together. As Dora saw it, Mai had sort of explained that she messed up in her alchemic production and had something blow up on her. By Mai’s stupor, it had to be some sort of confusion potion. This little juicy tidbit was what got Dora rather happy to help Mai because the girl made the perfect mark.

Days earlier, Isadora had overhead a rather sinister conversation in a seedy pub on the seventh floor. These individuals were talking of using confusion potions on unsuspecting players and cleaning out their inventories by having the dazed individual put all their items in a shared friend’s storage and them robbing them of everything. So far, not a one who’d tried this had been caught. The confused players must’ve not remembered what happened to them once their confusion wore off. Without listening to any further explanation or details, the little girl set off to find these confusion potions and steal them. It was how she’d gotten to this point. It seemed that luck was on her side and dropped an alchemist right into her lap.

“So which way was your shop again?” She asked Mai as she tugged her up again.

With Life away for a few days, Mai had been hard at work pumping out potions for the next boss fight. So far she’d not amassed many. Her failure rate was rather ridiculous, as she still had not attained a new level.  This was going to make stocking the front difficult, but she was going to do her best.  Of course, with as clumsy as she was, she managed to screw thing up again and ended up in a state of complete stupor. She didn’t know how or where or when she ended up in the woods, nor could she remember how it came to be that the small girl on her right came to help her out. “Wait… who are you?” She asked the small girl again for the third time that hour.

Mayuri found walking difficult. The small girl said she just had to put on foot in front of the other, but that was a real challenge presently.  The young woman in the pink kimono watched her feet as she walked along, clinging to the tiny girl who supported her.  After some time passed, they were back within the confines of a town and things were beginning to look familiar.

Maybe.

Mai couldn’t be exactly sure as she couldn’t remember where it is they were going.

“So which way was your shop again?”

Mai looked at the little girl. “Shop?” She repeated? “Oh Right!” She giggled. “That way… I think…” Mai said pointing down the road ahead. “I called it …ummmm…  ummmm… its that grinding thing, I use one to crush things. What is it called?” Mayuri scratched her head. “Anyway, my shop is named after that thing.” She explained to the little girl.

Dora sighed.

“I’m Dora remember?” She reminded the Loli Big Boobs. “I’m Dora, and you’re Mai, and I’m helping you home to your shop because you got lost in the woods okay? Now SHHHHH!”

Dora said putting her index finger to her lips telling Mai to hush up.

They walked slowly though Nimbus following the road signs which pointed out where the shopping district was. They came to the main portion of the shopping district and she’d asked Mai where to go next. The confused girl said her shop was close and that it was named after something she used to crush things in. “A thing for crushing stuff?” Isadora repeated. “I’ve got no [censored] clue Mai…  I’m not a potion maker.” The little girl tapped her cheek trying to think of how to figure it out. “Oh… maybe it’s in the guidebook!” Dora looked about and spotted what she needed. Guiding Mai over to a bench and setting the young woman down, the small girl pulled her copy from her inventory and then began to thumb through till she found potion makers, otherwise known as alchemists. Sure enough there was a list of supplies needed, and pictures too. Nothing particularly stood out as a device from crushing things until the girl spotted the bowl with the large stick in it. “Is it this thing Mai?” Dora said turning the book toward her benched companion and pointed at the thing.

Mai laid herself out on the bench and closed her eyes. She was so tired. Her head was foggy and she couldn’t focus on anything for too long. Thoughts were hard to come by. Mai whined and rolled onto her side deciding what she really needed was a nap. Slowly she began to drift away until she heard a small voice calling to her. Mayuri rolled over to see the face of a little girl and a book. She was pointing to something… Mai knew that thing! She used one all the time in her shop. It was what she named her shop after because it was so important. The girl asked her if this was it, and Mai nodded. “Yay!!!” She cheered as she sluggishly pulled herself up off the bench. “So what is it called then?” she asked the little girl. She had no idea who the child was, but she must’ve known her somehow.

Mai wasn’t doing well. Isadora needed to hurry and get her back to the older girl’s shop so she could rob Mai and tuck her in bed nice and safe. The pink kimono clad girl would sleep it off and forget all about what happened. Yeah she’d be missing some things, but it wasn’t like the girl would miss them too terribly. If the older girl had a shop, she could easily get more of what she had. At least this was Dora’s rationality on the matter.

Finally getting a sleepy Mai to focus, the older raven haired girl confirmed Dora’s question. “Well according to this… it’s a mortar and pestle. OH! I think I’ve case-” Dora stopped herself. “I’ve seen this place before.” The little explorer had been making lists of places to case on every floor, and it seemed that Mai’s shop was on the list. Although she’d not yet scoped out the lay of the land, Dora had her chance to rifle through everything she could get her hands on and steal.

“Alright Mai… let’s get you home.” Dora said as she scooped the bigger girl up and pulled her off the bench as best she could. The little girl used all her strength to near drag the older girl through the streets of Urbus. By the time they’d reached the back door of the shop as Mai instructed Dora’s legs all but buckled. “You’re rather heavy…” Dora told Mai as she propped the girl up against the wall giving Mai more balance while the girl unlocked the shop and let them both inside. The pair entered and Isadora helped Mai through the workshop and though large wooden swinging doors.

Dora’s mouth dropped as she looked about Mai’s shop. It was quaint and very pretty, but there was nothing in it. Sure, it had furniture and cases, bookshelves and hanging plants and creeping vines, but there was no inventory! “OH MAI!” The little girl squeaked. “ YOU’VE BEEN ROBBED!” The little girl’s eyes went wide and her small mouth hung agape. Someone else had gotten here first. With Mai seemingly rather ditzy, of course she’d have been a mark long ago. Shaking her head, She dragged Mai over to a small table and sat her in a chair beside it trying to figure out what the hell she was going to do now? Maybe Mai kept it all in her personal storage. One could only hope.

By some miracle, Shay had gotten back to her shop. She was set down at her table and she laid her head upon the table. A voice exclaimed that Mai had been robbed, and the raven-haired girl picked her head up and looked around the room. Nothing was missing. Well, no, there was something missing, but he said he’d return shortly, and Mayuri believed he would come back as he said.

“No… this is right.” Mai said with a yawn and laid her head back down on the table. “Tea…” Mai mumbled. “I would like some tea.”

Edited by Mayuri

So this was right?

“Mai… do you even make potions?” Dora turned and asked the older girl. Mai did not answer and instead mumbled that she would like some tea. “Okay… I’ll go make it.” Dora said. She looked about but saw nothing to make tea in the main room, so she headed toward the workshop. It was there that she found all the stuff necessary to make tea. Setting to work, Dora boiled some water and set up a tray to bring the older girl the teas she required.

After a few minutes Isadora returned to the shop to find Maiyuri near sleep.

“Don’t go to sleep yet. I’ve made your tea. Have some and then I’ll put you in bed.” Dora told the girl as she helped her sit up.

“Mai… do you live alone?” She asked the girl wondering how much time she had to do what she needed to

Edited by Dora

Shay was near asleep when the little voice spoke and told her to have some tea. “Kay…” She replied as she sat up as best she could. Tea was poured for her and then a small brunette girl was seated across from her. “Who are you again?” She asked rather confused. Mai was sure she’d seen the tiny girl somewhere before.  The little girl asked if she lived alone and Mayuri shook her head. “Eric… he’ll be back, just not today.” She told the girl. Where was he again? Mai had quite forgotten where her love had wandered away to.

Dora had served tea and Mai told her that she didn’t live alone, but the person she lived with wouldn’t be home tonight. This was a good thing. It meant there wasn’t much chance of getting caught while vacating the property. “That’s good. I’m sure this Eric is okay.” Dora told the other girl who looked slightly perplexed after mentioning the name.  The small girl sipped at her tea as she looked at Mai wondering if this was the right thing to do. Balling her little fist, she decided that it was do or die, and she wanted to live.

“So Mai…” the little girl casually began to question the busty older girl. “ Why is your shop so empty? Do you need your inventory on you or something?”

Mayuri stared into her cup of tea trying to remember what it was she was trying to remember; only she couldn’t exactly recall what that was at the moment.  Her name was called and she raised her head. “Hmmm?” She responded.

“Why is your shop so empty? Do you need your inventory on you or something?”

The little girl in front of her asked.

“Umm… I don’t have much. I’ve been trying, but I’m not so very good at making potions yet.” She began to explain. “But I’m not selling any of it. I’m going to donate it to the front. So people stay live and stuff.” Mai placed her head on her forehead rubbing it as she tried her best to recall why her shop was so empty. “But I have some stuff on me. What’s her face gave it to me. She even gave me something special.” Mai beamed.

Mai was a good person. She was making everything to give to the front and keeping nothing for herself. That was terribly noble and so kind and lovely…

And so incredibly stupid.

Isadora hoped that this Eric guy was at least keeping Mai from giving away everything. Someone had to look after this super nice dumb bunny. This was soon glossed over as Mai told her she did have items in her inventory. So there were things that Mai had on her! This was getting good.

“Oh… something special, huh? Hey Mai do you think you can show me what you’ve got? I’d really like to see your special thing!”

Dora clasped her hands together, as if she were begging the older girl for a favor. She was sure the gesture was probably lost on the scatterbrained young woman, but it was simply part of the act.

“Here… I’ll send you a friend request and you can put it all in the shared inventory so I can see your stuff. YES! That’s a good idea Mai.” Dora opened her HUD and sent the bigger girl the request. “Accept that, kay? Then you can show me your stuff. It’ll be okay. We’re friends!” 

Upon saying the last bit Dora’s stomach tied in a knot. She knew she was about to do a terrible thing to a very nice person.

Still, a girl had to live!

“Hmmm?” Mai squeaked as she lifted her head and looked drowsily at the young girl. “My special thing?” She repeated. “ OH RIGHT… “There was a thing wasn’t there? The Blood of Champions…” She said with a nod of her head. There was a friend request and Mayuri clicked the accept button as she was told.  Her new friend wanted to see her inventory. All was good.

“Sure… I can show you…” Mai began to click things and load them into her inventory save her weapons and kimono.

Mai has placed the following items in friend shared storage:

»4 - +15 health crystal

»4 - +20 healing crystals

»3 - +15 mass healing crystals

»1-  antidote crystal

» Blood of Champions

Edited by Mayuri

Dora had done it!

This older girl was truly a sucker! The little brunette almost felt bad about what she was going to do. Mai was kind and trusting, and severely incapacitate, and Isadora was totally taking advantage of that. Even so, she felt there was no other choice. Questing was hard and she was going to need a boost while fighting. Strengthening her resolve, Dora reached out her little hand ready to start clearing out Mai’s inventory from the shared friend’s box.

• 2 weeks later...

As Mai sipped at her tea, the fog began to lift and slowly things came back into focus. She was back in her shop sitting across from a young girl. Mai blinked and shook her head a little puzzled but starting to piece things together. She remembered that she’d been working on potions when one blew up on her, and once again she had been affected by confusion. In her haze she decided she needed to go look for Eric and got herself lost in the woods where she ran into this little girl… Dora. They made it back to her shop and now Mai was showing Dora her inventory.

WAIT.

Mai blinked.

“OH [censored],” Mai cursed as she realized what the hell was going on here.

Dora was reaching her tiny hand toward her HUD ready to clean all of Mai’s things out. Without hesitation Shay leapt up knocking her tea set to the floor and caught the little girl’s wrist. “Don’t even think about it….” Mai said flatly, the smiley expression on her usually cherubic face going dark.

“You were going to steal my things weren’t you?” She said holding the girl firmly, but not so much so that she’d hurt the child. With her free hand Mai clicked everything back into her inventory, and then closed out the friend’s shared inventory. She looked at the younger girl expectantly.

“Now explain yourself. I won’t let you go until you do.”

Just as Isadora was about to rob Mai blind, her hand was snatched up and Mai was looking at Dora with a rather scary expression on her face. “I thought you were confused!” Dora clicked her tongue and sulked. She tried to pull her wrist away, but the older girl held her tightly. Mai began to put her things way and Dora frowned at her missed opportunity. Once she had everything away, Mai told Dora to start explaining, and that she wouldn’t let Dora free until she did. The little girl struggled to break free again, but Mai held on strong.

Dora sighed.

She had no choice but to start explaining.

“I heard some other players talking about how to steal from other players without getting caught, and so I found you, and you said you had good stuff and I was going to get rich using that blood stuff of yours. You know you could sell your services…charge col to those who want to use the blood. It could be big business for you.” Dora said and smiled.

Shay let go of the little girl’s wrist. “I’ve heard of this going on. I didn’t know we had thieves as young as you. I won’t turn you in though.” Mai said. “Only because you’re little and I don’t know what they’ll do to you. But you can’t steal anymore. I know this game is hard, but if you got caught by someone else, someone ruthless, you could get yourself killed. I don’t want that, and I’m sure your parents wouldn’t want you dead either.”

Mai listened as Dora asked why she didn’t sell her services. It would make sense for her to charge for help for sure, but Shay just couldn’t. “I got this from another player, and I promised her I’d help people. That’s what the Blood is for… help. I won’t sell it but I will use it to further others on their journey. I’ll help you too if you’d like. When you’re ready to quest, contact me and I’ll come to you and inject you with the Blood. I’ll even heal for you. But I won’t carry you, you’ll have to fight the mobs and kill your own bosses. How’s that sound?”