[PP-F1] Getting Acquainted - Complete

Teion rocked back and forth on her heels, fingers laced behind her back as she waited at the South Gate of the Town of Beginnings. She watched as players and NPCs alike went about their business in and out of the city, quietly observing. Not much time had passed since she had sent a message to Glow, asking if he wanted to meet up for some hunting outside of the first floor city. She hadn't bothered waiting for a reply, but instead parked herself at the edge of town, entertaining herself with the daily lives of nearby strangers.

Now that she thought about it, she didn't know what kind of weapon Glow used. She thought about it curiously until finally shrugging it off. She continued lazily scanning the crowd, hoping she would receive a response soon.

Edited by Teion

Expression blank, Glow slowly made his way through the side path of the Town of Beginnings, heading downwards towards the gate. As he looked over the message again, a smile tugged at the edge of his lips, before his face returns to the sluggish gait of the rest of his body. The main road would've theoretically been a few minutes faster, but... well, there's just way too many people there. Either way, he'd get there in the end - and getting there was his top priority, as he finally had an opportunity to basically begin the game in a more meaningful fashion.

Coming out back onto the main road for a few moments as the paths intertwined together, he made his way out onto the south pavilion surrounding the imposing gate. Looking around for a moment, Glow spotted Teion, and his expression quickly morphed into a smile as he raised an arm out of his pocket to give a gentle wave, heading over to the fellow player. "Hi, Teion. Gotcha message - can't exactly, uh, turn down an offer for something I asked for, right?" He says in a light but awkward tone, trying to inject some humor into the conversation but just not particularly well.

The girl spotted a wave and her eyes were drawn to the light-haired boy that approached. She stopped her idle rocking and turned towards him, holding back a laugh when he spoke. Teion smiled, bringing her arms back in front of her body as her fingers began to lace together again. "Glad you could make it!" She grinned, motioning towards the city gates almost eagerly. "Wanna go ahead and get started?" She asked, gazing out to the grassy fields in the distance once again. She was excited by the idea of going out and training with another person. The few other people she knew in Aincrad seemed to be getting more and more busy lately, so she was certainly happy to have met someone she could help out that seemed friendly, more or less.

Grin widening a bit, Glow nodded in response. "Not like I'm doing anything else - or more importantly, anything as fun." Tapping a small beat against his leg, he pondered the question briefly before giving a thumbs up. "Sure thing, let's get going!" He stated excitedly, his voice not quite fitting the lazy gait of his body. Following her gaze over to the plains beyond, his arm briefly twitches in anticipation before he takes a deep breath to calm himself down. While he didn't get long term emotions very often due to whatever the hell was wrong with him, that just made him more susceptible to others - his excitement often overrode his laziness and made him very hyper.

After the incident involving a Monster energy drink, five buckets of fish and a pack of sugar-free gummi bears that acted as laxatives, he found out that sugary foods did the same thing except worse.

Well, at least he can control his natural excitement, to an extent. Turning back to Teion, Glow questioned her briefly. "So, any particular place in mind, or are we just gonna wonder about for a while and become 'XxXBoarhunterXxX'?" He said, trying to keep the funny mood going. He didn't think he was particularly funny, but at least he had a topic to grasp on to. He sucked at keeping a conversation going when one dried out.

Teion brought up a gloved hand to cover get mouth as a light laugh escaped her. She couldn't help being intrigued by his odd sense of humor, but she found it refreshing. "Nowhere in particular." She answered him, bringing her hand back down to meet the other in front of her. She rocked back on her heels again, using the momentum for a spring in her step and she started through the city gates. She waved him on lightly, leading the way to their great adventure.

Continuing to smile as he actually manages to get a full-on laugh out of Teion, Glow hummed briefly in a nonsensical reply before following the enthusiastic woman down the pathway as she seemed to spring around the area. Managing to restrain a laugh of his own, the smile settled onto his face. Maybe this wouldn't be as awkward as he thought it would have been. And who knows, maybe it'll be the start of a good friendship or something like that. A slightly more bittersweet look briefly crossed his face - it'd been... quite some time since he'd even said that word in his head, let alone out loud. He wasn't really... friendship material in the end. Not with all the stuff wro-

Quickly snapped out of his quiet thoughts by a wave from Teion, the look vanished, with the smile plastered over once again as he proceeded to follow his fellow player out of the gate, humming a quiet tune as he started to take looks around at the surroundings.

Edited by Glow
  • ID#: 37477
  • LD: 18 (1 crafting material) (1 total)

As the two set out, Teion scanned the area, watching the passive mobs go about their business. Feeling much less cramped now that they were out of the bustling city, Teion stretched her arms over her head. She couldn't help letting a yawn escape her, and she shook her head lightly before twisting around to face Glow. She didn't stop moving, so she slowly walked backwards as she spoke, "If I help you kill anything, it probably wouldn't drop any loot..." She frowned, figuring he'd want the chance to farm for materials and col. "Why don't you go ahead and start? I'll be here for back-up." She smiled confidently, already making up her mind.

As she spun back around to face forward, her boot caught on a lump of dirt and she stumbled slightly, managing to catch herself and regain her balance. Her face felt hot as she stepped back a second to examine the ground. She spotted a shine in the grass and bent down to pick up a small chunk of ore protruding from the ground. "I'll uhh... Just hang out here and look for materials." She tried to play off her embarrassment with a smile.

Scanning the surroundings, Glow similarly watched the sights, but in a bit more curiosity than the other player. He hadn't been outside for more than a few moments before, so seeing the scenery was enlightening. He briefly opened up his map to see how it was filling out, before flicking it down again as Teion commented. "Huh. Damn." He murmured, before shrugging. "Ah well. Least I'll have some backup if things get a bit too dicey, right?" Grinning, he takes a look around, before spotting a boar reasonably close-by. Going into his inventory, he moves the Starter Claws from his inventory to his weapon slot, and watches as the simple blades appear on his hands, before running over to the boar.

Running up to the beast, he tentatively circles around to the side before lunging forwards, raking the tri-bladed weapon across its flank. The boar snorts in annoyance, flinching away from the attack, before turning and slamming its tusks into Glow's chest, causing him to skid backwards with a light gasp. His HP certainly took a bit more of a hit than he dealt there...

ID# 37487 results:

Battle: 6

Craft: 12

Loot: 6

MOB: 6

Samuel: 5/8 (Energy: 2/2)

Boar: 3/4 (Dmg 3 Mitigation 1)

Edited by Glow
  • ID#: 37492
  • LD: 11 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion blinked in slight surprise as Glow equipped his claw weapons. She hadn't seen many other players using them, since they were a relatively new weapon type, but now that she thought about it, she didn't really know what she expected him to use. She kept her two-handed axe sheathed at her back, so her weapon of choice was pretty obvious. She shrugged lightly, keeping an eye on Glow's combat as she kicked around the dirt at her feet, hoping to find another material she could use.

Coming up with nothing, her attention turned back to the boy and the boar as they traded blows. As she watched, her fingers twirled around themselves, growing nervous. Glow made contact with his blades, ticking the monster's HP down, but the boar's counterattack had hit him harder. She kept out of it for now, hoping he would be able to defeat it solo.

ID#: 37494

Battle: 9

MOB: 6

Moving cautiously again, Glow tried to make his way around the boar, shifting his claws around slowly as the boar snorted loudly. This wasn't going great... He was taking way too much damage for what he was doing to the mob. He needed to bump up his game if he wanted to finish the fight. The monster reared backwards, before charging forwards at the teen. Eyes widen as the other combatant appeared to realize something, and moved the claws to their side. Glow ran right back at the boar in a seemingly self-destructive maneuver.

The two got closer and closer, before Glow suddenly slided onto his back, skidding underneath the boar and raking the claws under its stomach. Several feet slammed into his body as he went, but the damage was done - both of the fighters were on low HP'Man... I'm glad I have someone to fall back on. If I'd tried this alone... probably wouldn't have gone well.' The man contemplated, breathing heavily.

Samuel: 2/8 (Energy: 2/2) (3)

Boar: 1/4 (Dmg 3 Mitigation 1) (2+1-1=2)

Edited by Glow
  • ID#: 37501
  • BD: 6 (Success)
  • MD: -Dead-
  • Boar's HP: 1/4 -> 0/4 (4 - 1 = 3 DMG)
  • LD: 2 (no loot) (1 mat total)

Teion watched the battle closely, nervously fidgeting as the boar charged forward at Glow. After their clash its health was brought tauntingly low, but she was alarmed as Glow's HP turned red. The fight was reminding her of the first time she attempted combat in Aincrad, soloing boars outside of the first floor's walls. It was only because she got a lucky hit in that she didn't...

Teion felt a shiver run down her spine, and out of reflex she reached back and grabbed the handle of her axe, pulling the weapon out. She hurried to the fight and just as the boar skidded to a stop after its attack, her axe came down directly on the creature's back, leaving a deep, bright red gash. The boar let out a shrill squeal before it burst into light and pixels.

Teion blinked, coming to the realization that she'd intervened without really thinking about it. She quickly took a step back, waving a hand in front of her as she grew flustered. "Ahh--uhh, sorry! I just kind of...panicked..." Her voice grew weak and trailed off.

Edited by Teion

Preparing for another attack, Glow held his claws out threateningly as he ran to try and hit the side of the boar again. This fight had gone on far too long, especially for his first foe... he wouldn't take defeat that easily. His HP was quite low, though - it might be better to try and bait out-

Stunned by a flurry of movement from Teion, he looked on as a large axe practically sliced the thing in two. Staying stock still for a few moments, he gives out a quiet sigh of relief. It probably was time to end that battle, and he was thankful for the help. But, wow - that axe just eviscerated the small (at least, in relative terms to what he'd heard of) monster. Like before, he quickly stopped the apology from Teion, giving a grateful glance over to her. "No, don't worry - it's fine. Rather safe than sorry and all that. Thanks for the assist!" He states, smiling at her, before giving an exaggerated yawn and flopping to the ground. "I'll just regain my HP and give it another shot."

ID#: 37530

LD: 20 (1 crafting material) (2 mats total)

Teion smiled nervously, relaxing a bit as she sheathed her axe behind her. Her expression grew more natural when Glow responded, and she couldn't help a small laugh as the boy got comfortable on the ground. She sat down cross-legged nearby, running her fingers over the grass in a circular motion around her. She stopped on her right side as she felt something, shifting the dirt around to pull up a small chunk of ore. Happy that she'd found another material, she dropped it in her inventory. She straightened her arms and placed her palms flat on the ground behind her, leaning back into a comfortable position. With a small sigh, she glanced up a moment to see Glow's health bar refilling. "Oh, I'm curious." She piped up. "Do you have a profession? Or do you want one?"

Edited by Teion

[3 HP Recovered: 5/8]

Glow's eye briefly darted to Teion as she moved, but went back to simply gazing upwards as she just sat down. 'Chill. Battle over for now.' He reassures himself, before pondering the question posed to him. A profession? Well... he'd been thinking about either blacksmithing or performing. Blacksmithing was much more common, but then again also more useful for long term equipment. Then again, he could just purchase it. On the other hand, there seemed to be relatively little performers even to most of the other professions, barring fishermen - he hadn't seen a single shop for them in the whole time he'd been at the Starter City. "Hmm, yea. I've been thinking about becoming a performer. Used to play a couple of instruments and do a little singing before the game. Never was very good at anything though in general, but it was a nice hobby." He murmurs out, sounding a little more downbeat before the beeping of an increasing HP gets a small grin as he pushes himself back to a sitting position. "But yea. I'll probably head over to get some kind of profession so I have a use for any materials. Right now, there just isn't a point in gathering anything." Glow seems to pause for a moment, tilting his head in confusion, then speaking to someone who doesn't seem to be there. "Huh? Oh, yea. Good idea."

Stretching out his arms with a series of quiet clicks, Glow flicks open his inventory, examining his regen rate. "Well, another minute or so and I'll be good to try again. Seriously, why the hell do they do so much damage. I need to get some armour..." He mentions. Would 100 col or maybe a bit more by the time he's done here be enough for a really bad set? Even just the one would do, if he grabbed a level in Light Armour. Or maybe Heavy. Hey, that's a good question to ask. "Hey, uh, Teion?" He starts in a slightly awkward tone, like usual. "What type of armour would be best for- or well... what's the difference between the two?" 

• ID#: 37602
  • LD: 6 (no loot) (2 mats total)

Teion's eyes lit up when he replied. "Ooh, a performer?" She seemed enthralled by the idea. "I don't know much about them, but it sounds like such a fun profession!" She looked up and smiled. She vaguely recalled seeing a performer here or there, but she'd never gone to a shop or heard much about the specifics. They made buffs, right? Like, alchemists crystals, but with buffs. She made a mental note to check one out sometime. Or maybe she could ask Glow once he gained the profession.

"Be careful not to burn through your materials too fast." She advised, her tone making it sound like a concept all too familiar to her. She sighed lightly, glancing over as he spoke up about armor. "Mm, if you haven't chosen an armor skill yet, it's really up to personal preference." She pulled her arms out from under her and leaned back so she was lying on the grass now. She stared up at the sky as she continued, "The different armor type can have different stats. For example, you wouldn't see someone in plate with a lot of evasion." She picked up a hand to rap lightly on the metal chestpiece she wore. "But both armors can have flat mitigation. You can get something with Momentum, or Regen... If you decide to pick up some heavy armor, drop by my shop sometime." She couldn't help grinning at her shameless self-promotion. "It's on the fifth floor, so you'll need to be a little careful, but I can hook you up."

((Btw, you would have technically started your regen on your first out of combat post, so you would be at full HP now. :3))

((Hey, that's a good point!))

[8/8 HP]

Grinning at the enthusiastic response to his chosen profession, Glow gave a quiet thanks, before listening to the advice being dispensed to him about said profession. Well, not the particular profession, but more in general advice - nonetheless, he wasn't going to ignore it. "Stockpile materials; got it." He replies to the first point, before Teion continues with information about the armour types. Glow pauses after the short speech, pondering over the two choices. "Well... the buffs from Heavy Armour are nice? But the damage migation offered is equal to the light armour per level, isn't it? So I think Light would be better, just so I can spam Evasion on it." Thinking a bit more closely, that seemed a little off-balance to him, but that's a good thing when a game is quite literally life or death. Quickly continuing as he realizes that he indirectly turned down her offer, he continues "b-but I can always come to you to upgrade my Wild Dance!" 

Giving another stretch of his arms, he reaches down to the ground and pushes himself to his feet. "Well, time to give it another shot. Hopefully I'll do a little better this time." He says, before turning back around to Teion. "Hey, uh, if I drop below or I guess to 5 health... stab the thing for me. At least I'll get some materials for it, right?" He questions, but more rhetorically than an actual query as he heads over to another boar, adopting the strange fighting position again before rushing towards it.

In his rush, he fails to notice a chance in elevation of the terrain and falls forwards, hitting the boar in the side with his body. This does nothing to the boar, who twists around, knocking Glow quite a distance away from him. A loud curse is heard from him before a smack follows.

[ID: 37616]

[Battle: 4]

[Mob: 6]

[Glow: 5/8]

[Boar: 4/4]

Edited by Glow
  • ID#: 37623
  • BD: 1 (Critical fail) (Heavy Momentum Active)
  • Teion's HP: 36/36 (0 Hate)
  • Glow's HP: 5/8 (0 Hate)
  • Boar's HP: 4/4

Teion nodded in agreement at his decision. "Yeah, it would sound a bit weird to me having claws and heavy armor." She then smiled, pulling herself back up into a sitting position and stretching her arms up to the sky. She uncrossed her legs and let them lay straight, her hands falling to the grass between her legs as she leaned over. He added on about getting claws from her shop and she chuckled. "Definitely! After this, why don't we head over? I can make you something better than that starter weapon for sure." She flashed a confident grin.

Glow lifted himself up and Teion followed suit, feeling lazy after relaxing for a while. She listened to his words before nodding in understanding. She watched him get ready for another combat, and before she realized it he was already clashing with another boar. She tensed up as her brain processed the action and Glow was shoved aside by the monster's weight. Teion saw his hit points drop to yellow and tried to move quickly to pull out her axe. She grabbed the long handle with both hands and moved quickly towards the boar, lifting up the blade to bring it down on the creature's back. In her hurry she lost her footing and her right foot slid to the side after hitting the ground. The sudden shift in balance forced her to land on her left knee and as a result her axe fell short with a solid -thunk- in the ground nearby. "Tch!" She scoffed, hoping she had at least distracted the boar and left it open for an attack from Glow.

Edited by Teion

[ID: 37843]

[Battle: 4]

[MOB: 1]

Wincing as the follow-up attack from Teion misses, Glow moves a few steps backward, circling the Boar once again. The monster tries to go for him once again, snorting as it scratches its feet against the ground before charging, but the disturbed earth caused by the axe's blow trips it up, sending it flying behind Glow, who stands there confused and misses his own partially-completed attack before he has to cover his mouth in amusement. "S-sorry, I just..." He starts, before having to cover his mouth in amusement again as the Boar flails on the ground in its attempts to get up.

[Glow: 5/8] [2 Hate]

[Teion: 36/36] [1 Hate]

Edited by Glow
  • ID#: 37853
  • BD: 5 (Fail) (Heavy Momentum Active)
  • Teion's HP: 36/36 (0 Hate)
  • Glow's HP: 5/8 (0 Hate)
  • Boar's HP: 4/4

"Pff--" A small giggle escaped Teion as she watched the boar flail around helplessly. At least its luck was about as bad as theirs. Grasping the handle of her axe, Teion pulled up to dislodge the blade from the ground. Hoisting it up to waist-height, she planted her feet on the ground to balance herself before approaching the animal again. She didn't want to take any chances, so she figured she'd still help out. Running up to the boar, she brought her axe across just as it flipped itself over to get back on its feet. Her blade came close, but missed the boar by a few inches. The monster scrambled to regain its balance and she scoffed at her second miss. The boat stomped its hooves on the ground, seemingly uninterested in her, which caused her brow to furrow in annoyance.

Edited by Teion

(Right, so only attacks that hit generate hate. Therefore, the exact battle stats are:

Glow: 5/8 Hate 0

Teion: 36/36 Hate 0

Boar: 4/4)

ID: 37974

Battle: 5

MOB: 7

Finally breaking out of the laughter that threatened to mess up the battle entirely - laughing to death was not a way he wanted to go - Glow quickly advanced forward, trying to slash his claws forwards but finding nothing but air as the boar decides to attack Teion instead of him for once. It charges forward, right towards the other player and launched itself into the air in an effort to hit her directly. "W-what is up with these mob AIs? Are they just glitchy as hell or really intelligent?" He questions, loud enough for Teion to hear but more aimed at himself than anyone else.

[Glow: 5/8] [0 Hate]

[Teion: 35/36] [0 Hate]

Edited by Glow