[F5-PP] <<Blood in the Sand>> (Calrex)

Shizuka sighed. Argh... Why did I take this quest, She thought before whipping off a drip of sweat that had managed to gather up resulting from the blaring sun that had risen in the sky. "Well, I know someone that can help me on this quest," She said. The shark boss can probably one-shot Shizuka if it lands a hit and mind her, she does not want that at all. No, thank you.  She thought before opening up her menu. "I need a damage dealer and the one that I've only recently met is Calrex, I'm sure he'll help me out. If not, I'll ask around." And thus, she opened up her menu and PMed Calrex asking him if he had time available to help her out with the quest. Shizuka sighed once again as she continued to look around. The place was filled with gold sand and it was rather annoying as the sand did indeed do well to attract heat... Perhaps she should be bothered by that but there was actually quite a bit of scenery that could be enjoyed and so while she was waiting for Calrex, she decided to lay on a yellow bench and watch as the sunlight blazed upon the buildings that stood tall on the sandy floor. With a yawn, she closed her eyes, hoping that the man could come soon so she could finish the quest with haste and thus obtain yet another skill point which could develop her skills as a healer and support.

(Sorry, this post was quite short. I'm too lazy XD)

Edited by Shizuka

OOC: Lol no worries XD

"Hm...looks like Shizuka is asking for another party for a field boss. Heh, after the way the last one went, I guess I could lend a hand with this mission as well. At this point it's one of the only ways I can get stronger, as soloing the higher floors seems still a bit too taxing."

Swiping in his menu he made his way over to the teleportation plaza as he arrived on the sixth floor. It certainly wasn't as warm as the ninth floor was, so he opted to forgo the Grand Dragoon over the Grand Chariot: Legacy. As the deep-sea blue armor fully encapsulated his character he gave a small sigh, the small light blue slits indicating where his eyes were being the only symbol that there was a face on the helmet.

Using his tracker he discerned Shizuka's location as he walked over, giving a friendly wave, "Hey Shizuka, need a hand with some shark extermination?"

Shizuka jolted awake when Calrex asked her a question out of the blue. She immediately straightened her posture as she didn't want to look sloppy but straight after, she answered the question. In a lazy and calm voice, she managed to say, "Yes. Thanks for coming." Shizuka said with a smile in appreciation. This quest provides quite a good deal of skill points and currently, that was what she is in need of. "I'm sure that you can kill the shark within a few attacks with your skill level... Perhaps even one shot if we're lucky so we can take this one easy." She said as she stood up from the bench. Indeed, she'd done a quest with Calrex which also involved Tristan even though he didn't have to do anything. From that quest, Shizuka observed the man's powers and from what she could tell, the man could do something similar to the shark with ease. "Let's walk then, we can talk on the way." And so, she stood up, feeling her feet as she crunched them on the sand and holding the starter sword with her right hand, her good hand. With another whip of sweat, she began to walk in order to find the shark and have Calrex kill it for her. 

Calrex gave a nod as Shizuka suggested that the two get moving towards the spawn area for the field boss, rather than pending that time chatting in a stationary position, "Makes sense, let's get a move on. I can't guarantee I can take this one out as fast as I did the Wasp Queen, but I'll certainly be able to keep it from targeting you during the battle."

Resting his hands at his sides he gave a calming breath before moving forward. Activating his <<Reveal>> skill once again he was able to easily navigate their way towards the area as he scanned around for any potential threats, "Looks like we're in the clear for now. Just watch out. This thing moves through the sand like a normal shark would through water, so it's pretty quick."

Shizuka was nervous. She knew that the shark would be able to strike her down within a few hits. "Indeed. I prefer not to die if I have a choice so I'll stay tightly behind you and hope that when the shark does show up, you would be able to strike it and stun it before it could deal much damage to me." Shizuka said, picturing a plan that has formed from within her average mind. However, there was also another side of images. There was always the possibility of Cal making a bad move and hence resulting in her getting killed. Still, he's a very high leveled player. I must put my trust in him. "Looks like the day is still early. We have quite a long time before the sun would rise completely. If we do the same as we did when we fought the wasp queen, we should be able to end this quite quick. If we're lucky." Shizuka said before having a sigh and looking around to see if she can perhaps see something out of the ordinary and approach it. However, despite her attempt, she was unsuccessful in finding items. Shizuka observed the land, but there was really nothing worth noting except for the land that looked like it had been replaced by gold. So bright. She thought as she shielded her eyes with her hand to prevent them from having direct impact with the sunshine that might be powerful enough to blind her.

Calrex gave a friendly smile, even though this was masked by the emotionless face of the Grand Chariot: Legacy, although the small laugh could be heard coming from it, "Heh, well don't worry. If thing's don't work out from the beginning I'll make sure to at least take the aggro right from the get go, that way you only have to worry about striking."

Persisting his <<Reveal>> skill he saw through the golden expanse to the areas below, seeing that there was no monsters currently lurking below as he gave a small sigh of relief, "In any case, were you planning on powering through these quests Shizuka? It's only been a short time since we all met up and took down the Wasp Queen. I think you're blowing through these field boss quests faster than I did when I was first leveling up."

"Indeed, I am planning on going through these quests as fast as I can in order to catch up to the high leveled players out there, including you. And the only reason that I could possibly be going through these quests faster than you did is because I probably know more higher leveled players than you did at the time. With the assistance of players like Zelrius, you, Tristan, and Ssendom... It's rather hard not to get these quests completed and have these SPs at hand to invest into my support set of skills." Shizuka said before taking a break and a deep breath as that long passage of speech did indeed tire her out. Soon, she spoke again as they continued along the desert. "Well, also, I'm trying to reach the goal of becoming one of the best, highest level support player in the game as quick as I can... It should be rather easy as long as I continue with my current pace of achieving my skill points. Also, I've heard that the frontlines are in need of support at the moment as there aren't a lot currently. Especially high leveled ones." Shizuka said as she felt her feet crumpling the sand underneath her. Perhaps it was weird that she enjoyed the sensation of her feet crashing into the sand pebbles and perhaps it wasn't, but she could care less... I wonder if there is a beach in SAOShe thought That'd be a fun place to visit. And hence, she decided to ask Calrex about it as if anyone would know, Calrex would know with his experience. "I know this is a desert, but do you know if there's a beach on any of the floors we've beat so far? I could really use some beach time." She said while keeping her eyes directly in front of her to watch for any movement in the distance.

"A high level support player huh? I actually haven't met many people that have that goal in mind. Well once you do make it to the frontlines I hope you'll be able to keep everyone more than alive."

Calrex gave a smile, masked by his helmet once again, as the two continued forward as the bluenette kept his eyes peeled, "A beach. Hm...that's a good question. The only one I know of off hand was located on the eleventh floor, although I wouldn't recommend going there for a while. I actually encountered an actual leviathan when I was training out there, although I think it has a specific trigger that would cause it to spawn."

Keeping his arms at his sides the Ultramarine Knight continued onward, "We should be getting close. Fairly soon we'll be in Sand Shark territory. The only thing to prepare for after that is actually taking it out."

Shizuka smiled. "Yeah, I'm definitely not good enough to go on the 11th floor at the moment," She said, still wearing a gigantic smile on her pale, white face. She kept her eyes wide all the time to ensure that any mobs don't sneak up on the party of two... Speaking of a party... "Oh wait, I haven't added you in a party yet, if you slay the shark without having me in the party, I wouldn't get the rewards!" Shizuka said, realizing that she would've made a crucial error if that happened. "Alright... Let me add you now." Shizuka said before opening up her trusty menu and clicking a few buttons which soon sent out a party request for Calrex. "I have a feeling that the shark is nearby..." Shizuka said after sending out the request. She didn't know what the feeling was or where it came from but she has an instinct for things like this. "Hey, use your skill and see if you can spot it after you accept my party... If the shark is indeed there, land a heavy first hit if you can." Shizuka whispered, growing anxious as the tension grew.

ID: 37640
Battle Dice: 3 (Accuracy +3) = 6
Mob Dice: 1 (Evasion +4) = -3
Sword Art <<Nova Ascension>> Activated / <<Charge>> Activated (12 Energy Used / 35 Remaining)

After accepting the party invitation Calrex gave a nod as he scanned around. As he had suspected the field boss had spawned beneath the waves of sand, moving through the transparent sea as if it were being dragged around in some sort of 3D editing software. Giving a calming breath the bluenette drew the Grand Blade, watching as the creature emerged from the sands, leaping forward to try and chomp down on the two.

Activating <<Nova Ascension>> Calrex flew forward, guided by the assisted system as his sword lit up with a light blue hue. Unleashing his attack a series of eight slashes ripped into the creature before the Ultramarine Knight turned and jabbed the hilt of his sword into the shark's snout. Seeing the Stun effect trigger he leapt back before giving a nod to Shizuka, "Alright, I should be able to take it down on the next strike."

HP List
Calrex:
193/193
   Energy: 35/47 (-12)
Shizuka: 24/24
   Energy: 6/6

Enemies:
(Hate: C 1 / S 1) Sand Shark: 26 Remaining/125 (10+1 DMG * 9 Art = 99 DMG / Paralyzed Until Next Turn)

Edited by Calrex

(I like your battle format, I'm gonna go ahead and use it XD)

ID: 37663
Battle Dice: 9
Sword Art <<Snake Bite>> Activated

Shizuka watched as the sand shark jumped out from the sea of gold expecting to have the upper hand with the use of surprise. However, it did not expect Calrex, a high leveled player, to be able to see through this sudden burst of attack with the use of <<Reveal>>. Soon, Calrex, who was not affected by the heat and the surprise of an attack, began to attack with a sword art. Soon, he was able to land the hit while the slow, intimidating shark charged. It had been stunned and was now lying helplessly in the golden coloured sand. "Well, I'm anticipating that the shark would be dead by the end of your next attack then," Shizuka said, noticing that the shark had little health left, the single attack had managed to cut it down all the way to less than half its original health. Another attack of the same damage would be able to cut down the rest of its remaining health points. However, she still had to attack and surely shew as not going to miss a helpless target who was not moving and still on the ground. With a sigh, she lifted up her starter sword which reflected the light from the hot blaring sun and walked slowly to the shark. She had all the time in the world, there was no need to rush. The shark did indeed look very intimidating when looked at from this close-up, it was rather gigantic and if not stunned, could prove to be extremely dangerous. With a grunt, she unleashed the <<Snake Bite>> sword art against the impossible to miss target and did indeed land a first degree critical on it, even though it wasn't a lot of damage either way.

HP List
Calrex: 193/193
   Energy: 35/47
Shizuka: 24/24
   Energy: 4/6 (-2)

Enemies:
Sand Shark: 
21/125 (2 DMG * 2 Art + 1 Crit = 5 DMG)

Edited by Shizuka

ID: 37723
Battle Dice: 7 (Accuracy +3) = 10
Mob Dice: 6 (Evasion +4) = 2 (Disregarded Due to Paralyze)
Loot Dice: 4 (Search and Detect +2 / Item +1) = 7 (No Materials Found)
Sword Art <<Sonic Leap>> Activated (3 Energy Used / 1 Recovered / 33 Remaining)

As Shizuka successfully landed her attack on the creature Calrex once again made note of the fact she was wielding a straight sword, giving a small smirk, "Don't see too many people using those nowadays. In fact on the frontlines I believe only Takao and myself actually use them. They are really useful, especially after unlocking Meteor Break."

Facing forward he took advantage of the shark's immobility as he flew forward, activating <<Sonic Leap>> as he flew forward, the Grand Blade alight with a light blue glow. Leaping over the shark he performed a flip while his sword slashes down, splitting the creature in half as he landed behind it, giving a calming breath. Flicking his sword he flipped it into a reverse grip before resheathing it into the scabbard on the back of his hip, turning back to Shizuka, "Alright, another one down."

HP List
Calrex: 193/193
   Energy: 33/47 (-3+1)
Shizuka: 24/24
   Energy: 4/6 (-2)

Enemies:
Sand Shark:
 -9/125 (10 DMG * 3 = 30 DMG / Stun End)

Edited by Calrex

"Straight sword?" She repeated, wondering if she might have mistaken what the man had said. "Hm. I'd think that they are very common given that they are one of the most basic, balanced weapons... Guess this game is different. Still, a starter straight sword like mine won't do much good would it? Also, as a support, when I do eventually level up more, this sword will become less useful as I will no longer have the need for damage dealing." Shizuka said, unaware that she was pretty much planning out her plans of leveling right there in front of the high leveled player. Shizuka considered what she would do gear wise as she now had more than one thousand Col and that would be able to get her a couple of uncommon items or one perfect item. Shizuka smiled before looking up at the sky to see that the day was far from over. Of course, Shizuka knew that Calrex is a busy person and he might leave now that he's helped her out but she would like it if they went to a restaurant for lunch first if that was the case. "So, uh. Now that we're done with the quest, wanna grab some lunch in a random restaurant before we go?" She asked while listening to the vulture that was flying overhead. The sun blaring on its feathered body while it sung cruel music that should never be heard by ears belonging to a human. Shizuka, having only been adventuring not too long ago, didn't know many restaurants on the first floor and she expected Calrex to know quite a bit of them as surely lots of people would invite him for meals. "So, I guess I'll let you lead the way then. That is, if you want to."  Shizuka finished. 

OOC: Oh heads up the italicized sections are Calrex's thoughts XD, in case you weren't sure.

IC:

Calrex gave a friendly nod as he swiped on his menu, replacing the full-body armor of the Grand Chariot: Legacy with the Grand Dragoon. As his face reappeared from underneath the helmet he gave a smile as he directed the two back in the direction of the settlement, "I personally was around before Sword Arts were released, but afterwards I'm still happy with the skill. It's certainly the Swiss Army knife of the one-handed weapons, having a stun and area of effect Sword Art at almost every rank. Since you're going for a support role, I wouldn't suggest you look into Martial Arts, as you're not aiming for damage."

Activating his <<Reveal>> skill once again he kept them on track as he put his hands into his jacket pockets, "As for lunch, I'm certainly up for it. I haven't actually been to any restaurants on this floor, so this'll likely be a new experience for the both of us. I just hope it's not all cactus themed."

"I probably have time for lunch before I should head back to the fourth floor. I wonder of Teayre will be in."

Edited by Calrex

(OOC: Sorry for my stupidity in my last post XD I though we were on the first floor XD)

Shizuka let out a small laugh as she imagined cactus-themed restaurants. She imagined the green, spiky plant accompanied by chicken or a cactus soup... You never know, might be tasty, but certainly would be painful. Well, restaurants would make good money from selling cactus foods as there is probably an infinite supply here. Shizuka thought before looking around at her environment for the last time. She wanted to keep the image of the deserts in her mind so the next time she comes, she would not get lost. However, there was really nothing important that would be worth it to force into her brain except for the few details that she could pick up. The desert is like a maze, a maze without barriers, without walls. Cactuses follow completely random patterns and when you do find a mob, it would probably be a scorpion or some sort of powerful mob that she could not deal damage to. The sun was always overhead, even now, she wasn't sure if the sun had even changed position the whole time that they've been here. Of course, the blaring sun had taken its toll, Shizuka could literally feel her energy being sapped away from her weak body. "Well, let's hope now... I could really use some cold food right now... Wonder if there's an ice cream shop on this floor..." Shizuka said as she walked alongside Calrex. "If there is, I'd love to visit it and maybe order an ice cream cake for lunch because currently, I'm not feeling the appetite for traditional food... I just want something chilly." Shizuka said. Soon, they reached the city of Armadillo, the main settlement of the floor. "Hey, can you use that skill to locate an ice cream shop or can you not?" Shizuka asked, trying to see if they could save some time.

OOC: Hehe no worries XD

Calrex couldn't help but give a laugh as Shizuka inquired if his <<Reveal>> skill was able to pinpoint the location of the nearest ice cream shop, giving a friendly dismissing wave, "Heh, well while I wish that the skill could assist in situations like that, unfortunately we're stuck having to physically search around. The best we can get is asking around to see if anyone else might know a good place. However, if we do find one I'm up for having our break there. I'm not feeling hungry either, but a refreshing drink would do some good. I may have the Survival skill, but that doesn't keep me from feeling parched in this area."

To his knowledge, the most that cacti were used for was mostly in different kinds of drinks or medications, similar to how one would use aloe. He had made use of the prickly plant back in the real world when he had gotten sunburnt, rubbing the sap onto the affected area. Sometimes within a few hours the skin would have already healed and fallen off, replaced by the fresh new layer below.

Looking in the distance he saw that the settlement of Armadillo was coming into view as he gave a friendly smile, "Looks like we're almost back. Let's hope luck's on our side and we can actually find a place."

Shizuka smiled as they finally arrived at the city of Armadillo, a place where she accepted the quest and would spend her time waiting for the day to be over so she can sleep in her shop or in a random inn now that she's gathered a decent amount of Col to work with. Shizuka sighed before entering the city and looking around for perhaps a lucky find at an ice cream shop. However, it was not to be and there were none at the beginning of the city. With a sigh, she decided to ask a nearby NPC for the location of an ice cream shop.

"Hello mister, I was wondering if you know the location of an ice cream shop in this player," Shizuka said to the random NPC.
"Yes, indeed." The NPC said before pointing to the overall location.

Soon, Shizuka led the way and eventually they arrived at the ice cream shop. It was a nice place, the entrance very colorful compared to the yellow, dull buildings around it. Inside, it was rather crowded. "How did I not know of this place?" She asked herself before entering the ice cream shop and picking out a seat before waiting for Calrex to do so as well. What are my choices. She thought.

As the two arrived back in Armadillo Calrex let Shizuka take charge as he immediately wen over and asked a nearby NPC for the closest ice cream shop. To their luck it wasn't far from where they were. Giving a friendly smile he followed behind, putting his hands into his jacket pockets as they entered into the shop. He grabbed a seat at the same table where the younger player was, looking at the selection, "I can't believe I didn't notice this place before. Maybe the next time Teayre and I come to this floor I'll take her here. Speaking of which...I hope she's doing alright."

"So, any ideas what flavors you're going to get?"

"Actually I thought I saw that this place could take flavors and turn them into milkshakes. Maybe I'll get that this time."

Shizuka smiled as she looked at the menu. "There are so many flavors! I don't just want to get something basic like strawberry or chocolate... I want to have something with creativity involved." Shizuka said as she carefully scanned the many flavors of ice cream on the list. "I guess I'll have an orange mango tropical ice cream," She said when she finally came across something that she thought interest. Indeed, the menu was full of wacko things and some of them, Shizuka didn't dare order such as cactus green flavored ice cream or glued vanilla ice cream. It'd be best to leave out the details of them. However, nevertheless, she placed in the order after calling a server over. He wasn't exactly a waiter, more like a server as this was actually quite a nice, small shop. There was no requirement for a waiter with a full on suit. This was the type of restaurant or shop that she liked... Calm, interesting, and contain a variety of different food items. Shizuka sighed as she stared out the window at the city of Armadillo. Indeed, it was a beautiful city as long as you don't stay under the sunlight. Why aren't there sunscreen in this game? She asked in her mind directed at no one in particular. She couldn't believe that Kayaba would create weather and different varieties of food but no sunscreen, is he expecting his players to die from sun burn? Luckily, Shizuka wasn't particularly worried as she stared out at the city. Indeed, it was city full of busy people with loose clothing, occasionally a player going about, but honestly, it was a calm town, some sort of feeling it gives off makes you think that it is calm. 

Calrex gave a nod as Shizuka gave her choice of selection for her dessert, giving a smile, "Sounds refreshing. I think I might give their milkshakes a try. From what I remember seeing they had a green tea ice cream, so I'm going to give that a shot."

Placing his order with the same waiter the bluenette watched as he went back and placed the order. Of course, just like the Starlight Cafe, it was easy to tell that these types of things didn't need to be made from scratch like in the real world. With just a few presses of a button and some swipes on the menu, each of their respective orders were created in mere seconds, compared to a minute or two. Promptly returning the waiter placed their items out in front of them. Calrex gave a nod of thanks as he took a sip of his drink.

It was certainly thick, like a generally desired milkshake would be, but the taste of matcha green tea was still present. It was a pleasant taste that was just like what he was accustomed to back in the real world. Finishing his sip he gave a nod of approval, "Heh, it's still surprising how well this game replicates familiar flavors from outside in real life. How's your ice cream?"