(PP-F1) And now for something completely different. (Shizuka, Greg and Koumori)

Greg, to save you about a week's worth of paraphrasing, was bored. Very, very bored. Yes, he wanted to get out of the Death Game and yes, he wanted to level up, but slaying mobs over and over was trying his patience. He needed a break. He needed someone to talk to, and just relax with. His mind drifted to Shizuka. He still hadn't told her how he felt yet, maybe he could get that done now? Making his decision, he went to his friend menu, tapped Shizuka's name on it and tapped the message button. He input his message. It read as follows:

"Hey there Shizuka, it's me, Greg. I'm really bored right now and looking for something to do. I can't just slay boars forever- that'd be way too taxing on my sanity, mostly due to the sheer monotony of it. Are you busy right now? If not, would you like to meet me on floor 1 so we can do something together?"

After confirming that his message didn't sound weird or anything, he tapped the 'send' button, and waited for a response.

Edited by Greg Baxen

The wind was blowing in the perfect direction, there weren't many people in the streets, everything was turning out well. I was standing on the roof of a three story building in the town of beginnings with a rope in my hands. That's right, a rope. I had tied the other end to the wood support beams of a building in front of me. The plan was to leap off and swing to the other side of the street and stick the landing on the building at the intersection. I tugged on the rope one last time to make sure it was secure and checked my footing. When I was confident, I took a deep breath and leaped. The rope held and I started my fast swing towards the street. It was exhilarating, the wind going through my hair made me feel like I was really flying. But then I saw something that could spell certain doom. A player in a orange jump suit had walked directly in front of my path. My eyes widened as the scenario of turning him to a bug on the pavement flashed through my mind. "Watch out!!" I screamed as loud as I could. I could hear why people were confused about me in that one. I panicked and shifted all my weight to the right and I was able to just barely scrape his shoulder as I flew past him. But the quick movement had caused me to lose my grip and the rope escaped from my hands. I continued to flee forward and my momentum caused me to flip through the air. I crashed into a cart in front of the building that was my intended destination. I layed there upside down in dissapointment. I could've handled that so much better.

(And I continue my streak of ridiculous entrances)

Shizuka smiled as she had gotten a PM from Greg requesting her appearance on floor 1. Well, it wouldn't hurt... Last time, I sorta just left. She thought as she finished her bowl of hot, spicy ramen. She tied up her hair now that she's finished before walking away from the ramen booth. Then, when Shizuka laid her eyes upon the friend tracker app, she recognized that Greg and Koumori were in the same area. "Huh, this might be fun day actually." She said, excited and hyper. As she walked away from the noodle booth, she examined what it was like at the current situation. The starting city seems to be rather deserted with little to no one up yet, however, as she got to the center of the city, more NPCs and players have started to arise from bed and have started operating their daily life. Seems like I wake up earlier than most people do. She noticed before looking up at the sky. Looks like a bright day... Just like other days. Shizuka thought, she was sure that it didn't rain here on the first floor but she might be wrong and she wouldn't be surprised if she was indeed wrong. Soon, she approached the area in which has been marked by friend tracker and saw two of her friends nearby to each other. The situation was strange, a little bit of NPCs have gathered up in curiosity of a man swinging on a rope and another man almost getting hit by it. Shizuka walked up to the two before saying, "I see that you two have met already... though circumstances might not exactly be the greatest... Still, very nice show Koumori, I happened to catch glimpse of you swing by." Shizuka said with a huge smile in amusement.

Greg was wearing something a little different this time. Fitting in with changing to get away from the monotony, Greg decided to wear an orange jumpsuit this time instead of his regular blue jumpsuit. Greg was just walking around, waiting for Shizuka to show up when...

1 hour ago, Koumori said:

"Watch out!!"

Turning to the sound of the voice, He sees someone swing right past him and graze his shoulder. His eyes widened as someone very nearly slammed into him, he turns to where they're headed... and they end up crashing into a cart. Greg winces. That HAD to hurt... their ego, at the very least. He coulda sworn he heard someone scream "MY CABBAGES!" when this happened. Resisting the urge to laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation and what this person just did, he approaches and holds a hand out to see if they'll take it. "You uh... okay there?" Greg said awkwardly, still resisting the urge to laugh.

It was then that a familiar voice chimed in.

46 minutes ago, Shizuka said:

"I see that you two have met already... though circumstances might not exactly be the greatest... Still, very nice show Koumori, I happened to catch glimpse of you swing by."

Greg froze at that voice, his shyness and crush on Shizuka taking a hold. Heat immediately rushed to his face, turning his cheeks red. Slowly turning around, Greg tried to speak. "Oh, uh, H-hi, Shizuka." he says, stuttering on his words. 'I'm stuttering now? Definitely a crush. I'm SO unprepared for this!' he thinks to himself.

Edited by Greg Baxen

I layed in my wreckage thinking about my life as the guy I almost obliterated walked up me and offered his hand. Even thought I was still upside down I could tell he was holding in a laugh. I was about to right myself to take his hand when I heard a voice off to the side. I turned and saw Shizuka walking up to us, making a comment about my "show". "Hey, Shizuka. Yeah I think these cabbages liked it too. They're practically oozing with excitement." She also mentioned something about me and that guy having met. I figured she must've been on her way to meet the guy. I turned back to him to see if I was indeed correct and was amused by what I saw. The guy had completely forgotten about me and was practically drooling over Shizuka. A smile crept on my face as I saw his stumbling over himself trying to greet her. I rolled forward off the cart and onto my feet. I got close to the orange kid and whispered into his ear. "Don't make it too obvious, Romeo." I smiled devilishly at him as I backed up. He knew what I meant. I turned back to Shizuka and pointed at the guy next to me. "Are you here to meet this guy?"

Shizuka blinked blankly in confusion. It seemed as if the two were discussing a secret or something as Koumori went over to talk in Greg's ears. Phft. Boys. She thought with a roll of her eyes. "Hi Greg, well, it seems like you two already know each other... So there's no point to introduce you two to each other and indeed, Greg did PM me to meet him here for a day of adventure." Shizuka said, emphasizing the word adventure. In fact, she'd been so engulfed in laughter that she's forgotten about the NPC who'd just gotten his cabbages destroyed. He walked over in a fierce, angered manner before raising up his fists. "You stupid children just destroyed all my cabbages!" The man said in anger and distaste. "You guys either pay up with col, or you are gonna work and get me some cabbages out there." When Shizuka heard this, she immediately despaired the day. Of course, she was utterly poor and the amount of cabbages on the ground at the moment was probably way beyond her budget. She looked over at the two boys with a sigh, "I'm assuming you guys don't want to pay up... We're gonna have to work for this guy." She said before looking back at the cabbage booth owner. "Fine, we'll work for you... But only for today." She said and immediately, the NPC changed his mood. "Very nice. I shall supervise you three whie you two work. Now follow me and I shall lead you three to the cabbage field in which you shall spend the rest of the day collecting these green, healthy vegetables." Just the tone of the man's voice was enough to make her puke but she would have to do it or else the load would be all on Koumori... One needs to help their friends out and when a friend is in need, Shizuka would help them.

Greg gasped at Koumori's comment- and promptly whispered back. "Was i that obvious?" he whispers to Koumori, his face turning even redder. "Can we keep that between us? It seems she doesn't know yet, and i want to tell her soon." he continues... and then the cabbage merchant begins chewing them out, and they're forced to work for him, or pay up. Greg opted to work, and followed on alongside Shizuka. "S-so, how've you been doing since we last met?" he asks (while stuttering) again, wondering how Shizuka's growth has been going.

The Greg guy practically jumped out of his shoes when he processed what I said. He whispered back to me pleadingly. "Like you're holding a sign." I smiled as he begged me to keep it between the two of us. "Don't worry I won't tell her, but I can't promise I won't make things a little more interesting." I was interrupted by the cabbage guy as he started to chew us, me, out. He was rightfully mad that I destroyed his stock and demanded that we work it off. Shizuka stepped up and did all the talking, telling him we'd work in his fields for the day. I whispered to Greg one more time before I walked over to the once cart. "Don't worry I'll only help you out." I walked up to Shizuka and thanked her. "You didn't have to help me out, I'm kinda the only one to blame, but thanks. We better get going then." I turned to the NCP and he nodded and began leading the way. 

Shizuka smiled as Greg expressed his concerns about her growth in the game. "Well, I have reached level nine and joined possibly the best guild in the game, the Azure Brigade. They helped me quite a bit in becoming higher leveled and provided me with Col which I soon used to buy a variety of gear. However, I haven't been able to put those gear to use it, hope I can do that soon. I can't wait to get to the frontlines as a healer and support!" Shizuka said with excitement to answer Greg's question while the three were walking behind the man who was also behind Koumori. Shizuka thought that it was strange for Koumori to be leading the way instead of the NPC, but she took it not thought. Shizuka took this time while following to study her surroundings. Honestly, the starter city was rather dull now, she'd planned to move up the floors quickly but for now, she was going to stay here in order to avoid danger. Shizuka looked around the starting city, wondering how many players were still stuck here, not willing to continue the game after Kayaba did what he did to them. With a sigh, Shizuka decided that it was best for her to think positively so she decided to possibly boost up the mood with conversation.

"So, what are we going to do this task, mister?" Shizuka asked in an innocent tone.
"Ah, the task will be simple, don't slack off, work until the day ends."  The cabbage seller seemed to have calmed down a bit, but frustration was obviously there as she studied the man. 

With a shrug, she decided that if the man was not going to have a conversation, so be it. Instead, she'll continue the conversation with the other two boys in the party at the moment. "Well, since you asked, how have you been progressing Greg?" Shizuka asked. "Also, I'm not sure if you've told me your level yet, Koumori."

Edited by Shizuka

"Thanks, i guess?" he whispers to Koumori for opting to not tell her, but he's wary about his 'making things more interesting', as he put it. Then Shizuka answered his question- and Greg was legitimately impressed. "Whoa. You not only caught up to me in level, but joined the Azure Brigade AND got better equipment? That is VERY impressive, in such a short span of time, given how long it took me to reach level 8." He compliments. "My progress has been kinda slow lately. I've not been doing quests much recently. I should really get back into the habit of doing that, as I'm still level 8, with the same old <Coat of the Azure Wind> and <Anneal Blade> you saw me with last. I really need a better sword. Also, you told me your plan is to become a healer/support? Honestly, props to you for that- not many people have the patience needed for that kind of role. Honestly, I'm going to have to step up my game, or you're going to quickly outpace me!" he continues. "I'm considering doing <Long Live the Queen> and <Blood in the Sands> if I can find some higher-level players to party with." he finishes, before getting to work. "That being said, this could also count as training, I suppose?" he quips.

I walked with the cabbage guy as I half listened to Shizuka and Greg catch up. From what I head Shizuka was doing pretty well for herself. Up to level 8 and already in a respectable guild. A far cry from the girl I found on that bench. Greg seemed impressed too but assured her he hadn't been slacking off, but he wanted to get back into questing. A devilish smile spread on my face. I looked over my shoulder to speak to them. "Hey why don't you guys quest together? Theyre better when you do them with a friend." I turned back around to look forward and let the two of them talk that over. I heard Shizuka ask about my level and debated whether or not to tell her before I said anything. "I'm level 18 right now. I've been taking it easy lately." We kept walking towards the fields. I had no idea how far away they were but guessed it couldn't take more than a few more minutes. unfortunatly the sun was high in the sky. We'd probably be baking when we started to work. I really should try and not demolish cabbage carts in the future. 

Shizuka smiled. "Level 18? That is far above both of us!" Shizuka said, astonished at the boy's level. She hadn't anticipated that the boy would become such a high leveled player. Also, she liked the idea of questing with Greg as they were both around the same level. "Oh, Greg, we can do some questing together as we both need skill points and we're about the same level so our party would be balanced. I think it's a great idea for us to complete some quests together. It'd be nice for me to not have to rely on some of the level 30 folks in my guild that can just one shot stuff. I think it would lots of fun!" Soon, after perhaps seven to ten minutes, the party of three along with the "boss" NPC arrived at the field of cabbages... How can you tell it's cabbages? You ask. Well, if a field that was full of green, slimy vegetables boiling under the sun to give a stink of a smell was evident enough for cabbages, what else would signify that is cabbages. Shizuka stared at the field in disgust. 

"Hwahuahaha." The NPC cabbage seller suddenly laughed out loud. "You three better get working then." 

Shizuka was about to head down before realizing that she still had her armor equipped and the least thing she wanted was for her Brigade armor to stink and get worn down from her cabbage picking journeys. "Hey, mister." Shizuka said to the NPC"You have a spare set of working clothes?" She asked and indeed, the NPC had given her one. It was rather worn down, but still good to wear. However, it was a bit small.... and she didn't know how she was going to deal with that. Hope certain parts don't show. She thought before running towards the outdoor bathroom to change. "You two! Start picking!"

Greg responded to Shizuka's idea first. "I'd love to go questing with you sometime. If you need me for anything, just send me a PM and I'll be there." he answered. Then they arrived at the cabbage field. "Well, time to get to work." he quips, rolling up his sleeves and started picking cabbages, as Shizuka ran off to change. He then looks towards Koumori and asked "What did you mean by 'make things more interesting'?" nervously.

"You'll get there eventually" Shizuka and Greg both happily agreed to quest with each other after my suggestion. They must've already been thinking the same thing. After a bit more walking we finally arrived at the fields. Honestly, I was a little underwhelmed. I didn't know what I was expecting, but the field of green cabbage wasn't exactly awe inspiring. I frowned as the NPC started laughing in our faces and suggested we get to work. The designers of this game really knew how to make some annoying NPCs. Before we got started Shizuka went and asked for a change of clothes. I didn't know what she was worried about, they couldn't really get ruined in this game. She went off and told Greg and I to start without her. I rolled up my sleeves and got ready to work when Greg came up and asked me what I said. "I meant I'm going to help you, like that suggestion I just made. But maybe next time I'll make it more obvious." I said with a wink as I started to get the cabbages. 

In the bathroom, Shizuka had managed to unequip her clothes before putting on the clothes that she had been given to borrow by the NPC. Indeed, it was a rather worn out piece of clothing but was still in decent condition for her to wear. With a sigh, she checked to see if it fits and somehow, it managed to fit her body perfect. With a surprised smile, she walked out of the bathroom for some cabbage picking. She watched as Greg and Koumori had their conversation but didn't get close enough to listen as she was still on the top of a slope. Nevertheless, she soon made her way down the hill onto the cabbage field where they would soon manage to pick plenty of cabbages from the ground. Even though Shizuka would much rather complete a quest than to pick cabbages for a ruthless NPC, she appreciated the time that she would spend with her fellow friends. With a sigh, she bent over, picked up a few cabbages by pulling them out of the ground to see that it was actually rather tough to pull, unlike what she had expected. Hey... I'm pretty sure that these cabbages could be used for material brewing. She thought, realizing that these were potential crafting materials. Despite this, she can't just take some for herself as the NPC is obviously staring at the three players. With a frustrated sigh, she decided to continue. "I have a couple of ramen packs in my inventory... If we get hungry at noon, we can probably open those up and have a quick meal before getting back to those cabbages." Shizuka said, trying to start a conversation. "So, uh, how's everyone's life been?"

"It's been okay. I've been considering getting someone's help doing the quests <Long Live the Queen> and <Blood in the Sand>. I'm thinking that a guy you may know called Calrex is the best choice- I met him once alongside a guy called Zelrius, and he seemed nice enough. He definitely seemed strong, too." Greg said. "Other than that, not much has happened." He says, and this was true, he hadn't been doing much recently, but that was going to change soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Shizuka made her way back over to us in the clothes she got from the NPC, they fit her strangely well. She kneeled down next to us and began picking cabbages as she tried to start a conversation. I waited as Greg answered before I made any comments myself. "Nothing new really. I've been taking it slow, not really any big adventures to talk about. Maybe I should get back on that." The task at hand was getting old quickly. I had no idea how long he expected us to pick these cabbages, but it was probably too long. I decided I'd have a little fun. I looked to see where the man was and saw that he wasn't looking in our direction. Next to him was another one of his cabbage carts, on that one was empty. I picked up a cabbage and quickly hurled it at the cart. The impact sent the thing rolling forward and it picked up speed as it flew down the hill. "Bullseye". Before he had I chance to see it, I used my incredible speed to run up and grab the cabbage that I threw and brought it back to where we were working. 

And soon, after a load of hard work, night was finally approaching and Shizuka's tired hands were allowed to rest as she could feel the sore coming upon her white, pale arms. With a sigh, Shizuka brought over the last few cabbages and then went over to the cabbage owner who soon informed of her that the party was allowed to go now that night was here. With a sigh of relief, Shizuka went over to the two boys before telling them of the great news. "I'm pretty tired... Just gonna leave now... Hope you all have a good time together..." Shizuka said with quite a bit of humor before walking off into the distance.

(Sorry Short post... Just trying to get the thread done.)

Edited by Shizuka

Everyone worked hard, he could gather that. (Minus the messing around with the cabbage being thrown at the cart, yes he caught that), and then Shizuka alerted them to the fact that they'd be able to go, and promptly left before Greg could say anything. He was understandably annoyed. "Dang it, I couldn't tell her how I feel. I guess I'll tell her some other time." he muttered to himself, disappointed he couldn't tell her his feelings, and walked off in different direction. Greg wouldn't know it yet, but his future encounters with the pink-haired girl would, eventually, bring them together.

Edited by Greg Baxen

Time flew at such an accelerated rate that it seemed like whole hours and events had been skipped entirely. Maybe I was hit on the head? It was late when the three of us finished our job and brushed ourselves off. The owner told us we were free to go so we started our goodbyes. Shizuka and Greg seemed anxious to get going, I wondered why. "See ya Shizuka. It was fun, hope we meet again soon." We waved as she left and Greg said his goodbyes as well. I smiled and slapped him on the shoulder. "Sorry, bro. Maybe I can play Cupid some other time." Greg walked off as well, leaving me alone. I took in a breath and started off down the field. It was a long day.