(PP-F1) <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> (Ryuma, Ayumu) [Complete]

Ryuma had watched as the little nepent had repeatedly banged Ayumu up against the wall. This had caused him to let out a ferocious roar as he did not like the fact that she was being hurt not one bit. "Ayumu!" With this, he had charged towards the little nepent, attempting to swing at it and take it out. Sadly though, he had failed in his attempts, seeing as how the little nepent had smacked him back hard with one of its vines.

ID: 38643

BD: 3

MD: 10

Nepent B: 1/5

Flower Nepent: 5/5

Ayumu: HP: 6/12, EN: 1/3

Ryuma: HP: 16/24. EN: 1/6

Edited by Ryuma_

She stood, clutching her head as it was aching a little bit. Ayumu would've took her turn, but feeling rather weak, her move probably wouldn't amount to much. Going over to Ryuma, she asked,

"Are you okay? That thing hit you pretty bad just now," then with a sigh, "this has ended up being harder then I thought it would be. We can do it though. All we need is one more hit on that other Nepent, then we can take out the one with the flower we need," looking at the Nepents with a frown, "why do you guys have to be so difficult?" She asked the things for no apparent reason. Then feeling rather silly for addressing the things as if they could understand her. Ayumu helped Ryuma up,

"If you end up needing it, I can always give you back the health potion you gave me. Unless, that is, you already have more. We'll finish this, don't worry."

Flower Nepent: 5/5

Ayumu: HP: 6/12, EN: 2/3

Ryuma: HP: 16/24. EN: 1/6

Ryuma had decided that it was best to end this battle as soon as possible so that things won't get worse. He turned his attention towards Ayumu and stared into her eyes while resting a single hand on her cheek. "I have no idea what is going to happen to me out here with this fight but I don't wish to lose you. I am going to kindly ask that you please let me finish this fight by myself because even the thought of losing you frightens me enough to risk my own life. Please allow me to finish this." He then removed his hand from her cheek and turned his attention back to the creatures that had been threatening their lives. Now holding his dagger in hand with a tighter grip than ever before, he rushes towards the Flower Nepent. It is best to take you out before allowing anything else to occur. With this single thought in mind, he rushes off towards the Flower Nepent. He then leaps high into the air and brings the dagger into the top of the flower nepent's head, causing the beast to fall to the ground and the flower to become removed. This had brought the flower nepent extreme pain, causing it to rush towards Ryuma with all of its rage. It swings its vines around rapidly towards Ryuma and misses for the most part. It wasn't until Ryuma had managed to trip up that the creature had managed to get a single strike against Ryuma's chest, causing him to fly back into a nearby tree. Ryuma was getting rather tired of this fight and decided to look up into the creature's eyes with a passionate rage. With my next strike .. Im going to kill you."

ID: 38664

BD: 8

MD: 6

Flower Nepent: 2/5

Ayumu: HP: 6/12, EN: 2/3

Ryuma: HP: 13/24. EN: 1/6

Edited by Ryuma_

She blinked, not sure what to say or do for a moment. Then, with a small frown, she grabbed her sword which was laying on the ground. Even though she was at low health, she was not going to just stand around like a weakling. Ayumu was detirmined to help finish this fight. She was about to attack one of the Nepents...

ID# 38677

BD: 2 (*head explodes*)

...and she tripped over a rock, falling right on her face rather miserably. Now she really felt pathetic and helpless. One of the Nepents tried to attack...

MD: 4 (phew!)

...but this time it missed when it grabbed at her with it's vines. Ayumu sighed with relief. Depite her attack attempt failing miserably, she didn't take more damage this round. At least that was something to be thankful for.

How long is this going to last? Even if Ryuma kills the Nepent with the flower on his next turn, we still have to get rid of the last one. Sure, it only has one damage left...but if one of us misses and gets attacked, we would be close to death. I hope we can finish this soon...

Ryuma had watched as Ayumu had gone to attack the beast and ended up tripping, almost getting herself killed. This had worried Ryuma greatly and caused him to advance towards the flower nepent once more so that the fight will just end. With one swift slice, he had sliced the creature in half and brought it to its death. He then turned his attention towards the last living nepent and hurried towards it. "I refuse to allow you to die!"

ID: 38683

BD: 8

MD: 4

Ayumu: HP: 6/12, EN: 2/3

Ryuma: HP: 13/24. EN: 1/6

Edited by Ryuma_

Ayumu was going to bring this battle to a close. These little games were over: this last Nepent was as good as dead. Filled with sudden energy and determination, she raced towards the last nepent, and took a swing at it with a Vertical Sword Art...

ID# 38713

MD: 6 (FINALLY)

She delivered a successful hit to the creature, and as the last Nepent screamed in pain, it died. The only thing that was left was the <<Little Nepent's Ovule>>, and the Anneal Blade. Ayumu smiled, and putting her sword back into her inventory,

"There: its finally done. We can take this item and bring it back to Horunka Village," then looking back at Ryuma, "another close call, eh? But you've gotten stronger since last time. That was some pretty impressive fighting. It still took us a bit to best those things, but we did it! Now, let's get out of here." Ayumu picked up both of the items, and started to head out of the forest, walking in the direction of the village. Even though it was a small, simple quest for beginners, she couldn't help but feel a little proud. That was her first rather intense fight. Sure, last time when she fought a Boar with Ryuma, she was looking Death straight in the face. This was different though - this fight actually meant something. A first quest completed is always a milestone in most games, and she was going to consider it so. She handled it pretty well, and she could've done even better if she had chosen some skills ahead of time, and prepped by getting some health potions or other gear from an Alchemist. So yes, it had went well. They were both able to fight the things with just raw skills and Sword Arts. It felt pretty good too.

Ryuma had smiled as he watched Ayumu completely annihilate the last standing creature. "We make a good team huh? Sure we pretty much stared death in the face, but hey." He then let out another small laugh before following after Ayumu, heading towards Horuka Village. This was an interesting quest … Im glad that she is safe overall though. The two had still been making there way there but Ryuma couldnt hold this back any longer. "Ayumu, I have something I need to talk to you about. Will you hear me out?"

"Yeah, I guess we do," she grinned a little, "hey - a good adventure isn't complete without risks, right? That's what makes it interesting. Everything being easy all the time would be boring and monotonous." Ayumu laughed as they continued walking. They were almost to little village, when he asked her a question. She raised an eyebrow,

"Uhh...sure. I mean...you can say whatever, I don't mind. You don't need to ask either - just spit it out." she chuckled a little, just so it wouldn't be awkward.

Well that sure was strange. I wonder what has to say? To ask me to "hear him out"...maybe its serious. Perhaps he needs my help with something...that shouldn't be too bad. As long as its something a low-level like me can take on, I'd be fine with that.

Edited by Ayumu

Ryuma began to blush slightly before diverting his gaze up towards the sky. "Well you and I make a really good team and I really like spending time with you so I was just wondering if-" His fears had began to swarm within him, causing him to stutter a bit before stopping all together and then taking a deep breath. "Ayumu, would you like to go out on a date with me sometime? I know that its weird and I'm so sorry if this is awkward for you but … but ever since we met, I haven't been able to get the thought of you out of my head. I want to go on more adventures with you and escape the game with you and would even be willing to put my life on the line for you .. I am sorry for asking such an awkward question and so out of the blue like this.." I hope she says yes..

Ayumu's eyes slowly widened, color filling her face. Her head began to spin, and her mind became fuzzy, unable to think of a suitable, coherent reply.

"Uh...guh..." was all she was able to get out, shocked to the point where she could barely speak. Groaning with frustration, she shook her head, doing her best to get a hold of herself, "I-I....I wasn't expecting you to ask that. Um...w-well...it is a little early for a 'date'...I mean, we did just meet. Still though...I m-mean..." a lump rose in her throat. This was so awkward...it had been a while since someone asked her on an actual date. Even in the real world, she hadn't really been engaged or too interested in things like that. She had lots of friends who were guys...but they were just really good friends. Neither her or them had thought of it being anything else. Yet, now...here she was. How was she going to respond.

"I guess that sounds fun!" she laughed a little, trying to make the situation less awkward, "yeah, sure, why not? When do you want to do something like that?"

Ryuma had listened to the girls stutters and how she had thought it was a lithe to early for them to go on a date. Figures … I don't know why I am always getting ahead of myse- He had stopped his thoughts almost instantly as he had heard the girl say that it sounds like fun. His eyes had done wide and his jaw had practically dropped. He had been in so much shock by her answer that he had completely forgotten that this was actually happening. He then shook his head a little and gave her a rather large smile with a thumbs up and a nervous laughter. "S-sounds good. Hahaha!" He had been so shocked and didnt really know how to handle this, especially considering the fact that he had never even been on a date with a girl. Sure he had seen them on tv from time to time but this was real! This was actually happening, and to him of all people! "W-well I was wondering if maybe perhaps we could go after adventuring a little more together and stuff ya'know? I figure that its easier to enjoy ourselves on a date if we get to know each other better." His face had then returned back to his natural state but with a slight tint of blush on his cheeks still. Under his breath, quite but not quiet enough he had said, "T-thank you for this Ayumu.."

"Y-Yeah, I was thinking the same thing," she sighed with relief at his proposition, as it made this a little less awkward, "I think we should get to know each other too. You know, as friends and stuff. That would be good." Ayumu nodded. Changing the subject, "now - come on! Let's give this flower to the girl and finish the quest. I don't know about you, but all of that left me tired. I'm sure you're exhausted too. Those Nepent things gave us quite a fight, even though they weren't that tough. Just think: someday we'll be higher level players, and things like that will seem like nothing! So, back to that NPC's house then!"

Whaaat did I get myself into? She mentally groaned. Making friends in here and hanging out is one thing...but a date!?! I just promised him a date in the near future! What was I thinking. I mean, its not like I could look him in the eyes and say no after all he's helped me with...that would've made things even more awkward then they are now. Still, I've got to be careful not to plant my roots here. I'm getting out of this game, not making it my home.

Ryuma had simply nodded and followed after Ayumu. Soon they would arrive back at the little house in which the little old NPC women and her daughter had been located in. As they had come upon the door, Ryuma had stopped in his tracks and motioned towards the door. "After you m'lady. I believe that you have earned the honors of turning in this quest and helping that little girl feel better." He then gives her a slight smile before following after her once more into the building.

"Hey, we both earned it," she smiled a little, "but sure, I can do it," Ayumu entered the house with a shrug. Taking the <<Little Nepent's Ovule>> out of her inventory, she went to the NPC's girl, and used the item on her. Color began to come back into the little girl's face as she quickly began to heal. Ayumu sighed with relief, happy to have finished the quest.

"Message me when you want to do another quest or something," she turned to Ryuma, "I need to go now to take care of some things, but I'd be happy to meet up with you again," she began to leave the NPC's house, "thanks for telling me about this quest, and asking me to do it with you. It was fun! I needed the SP and combat training too. Hopefully we'll meet up soon!"

Complete

Ryuma: 200 col + 1 SP

Ayumu: 200 col + 1 SP, Anneal Blade