[PP-F1] <<Secret Medicine of the Forest>> Crumpled Leaves (Endilix) - Complete!

Emerath walked alongside his brother into the forest of the first floor. He had been planning actually going and doing quests with Endilix for quite some time, but either they had never had the time, or the experience. But now, things were different, and Emerath was ready to take on what Aincrad had to offer alongside the person he trusted the most. As they walked into the forest, Emerath stopped and looked around, "So, here we are. The NPC said that there's a rare version of a regular monster that drops the item we're supposed to be bringing back. I suppose we had better start looking, eh brother?" I wonder what they even look like... Emerath thought to himself idly as he placed a hand on a nearby tree, leaning on it, before motioning for Endilix to take the lead, as their tank.

Edited by Emerath

Endilix looked out into the forest. It was difficult to see much as the forest grew rather thick, rather quickly, but based on what the quest NPC had told them, they were at least in the right area. Endilix began to walk through the trees, hoping that Emerath would follow. He needed to complete these quests so that he could get a new skill, and so he wanted these done as quickly and efficiently as possible. As Endilix walked he said, "The sooner we find them, the sooner we get this done, get you a fancy sword you won't even use, and get out of here. I just need the experience, and we can probably just destroy these little things and move on."

Emerath bristled a bit at Endilix saying that he might not use the weapon. "Hey now, just because I'm a Martial Artist right now doesn't mean that I'll never use a weapon. I think if there ever was a weapon I would like to use, it would be the straight sword." Emerath sighed. He could tell Endilix was beating himself up for what had happened when he tried to tank for Shizuka, and as such he wasn't exactly sure how to approach the situation besides going along with getting Endilix plenty of experience to make sure that what happened to him there never happened again. Endilix prided himself on being a tank, and he can't be a good tank if he can't keep the focus of the mobs on him. That's one of the first tenants of tanking. Mixed with the idea that he had pulled the wrong skill first due to thinking health was important and Endilix ended up being a mess. As such, Emerath walked up behind his brother and patted him on the back, "Alright, so let's clear the air here. You're not in any danger of me thinking poorly of you, so let's just have fun and get this done and over with. And then once you have the proper skills, everyone can see you for the amazing tank that you are."

Endilix was at first upset that Emerath would bring up the situation that he had found himself in, even though it was the entire reason for this little questing adventure to begin with. He grunted at his brother, but once his words had taken a moment to sink in, Endilix couldn't help but smile. "You're right, at least I know I can trust you not to get yourself into any danger and to watch my back. Let's go kill us some little plants."

Right as Endilix said that, he stopped, and put a hand out to stop Emerath as well, as he pointed ahead of him. There were three little plant-like creatures all dancing in what little sunlight made its way through the trees. One of which had a large blooming flower on its head. "I think that's our target. C'mon, let's go see if we can take care of this quickly." Endilix pulled his hammer and shield out and readied himself for combat. He charged at the little plantlings, but they appeared to be paying more attention than he thought they would be, as they all scattered and danced out of the way, causing Endilix to swing wildly at air. All three of them then swooped in, and sliced Endilix with razor leaves, and though most of the damage was absorbed, Endilix's health bar still moved more than he had wished it had. Which, that is to say, at all.

Monster Details

• 3x Little Nepent:
    • HP 5/5
    • DMG: 3

Turn Order

• Endilix
  • Little Nepents
  • Emerath

Combat

• ID: 37823
  • BD: 2 (Failure) -2 EP
  • MD: 7 (Success)
    • 3 DMG - 6 MIT = 1 DMG (Minimum) x 3 = 3 DMG

Combat Results

• Endilix: 41/41 -> 38/41
    • EP: 9/9 -> 7/9
  • Emerath: 44/44
  • Little Nepent: 5/5
    • Hate: Endilix (0), Emerath (0)
Edited by Endilix

Emerath watched his brother run in and found that the element of surprise was not actually with them. The plantlings swiftly dove back in and cut into his brother, and Endilix gave a bit of a growl as he instinctively pulled out his bandages and smeared some of his prepared herbs onto them, before rushing to his brother's side. He wrapped the bandages around the areas where his brother had been cut by the creatures, and as he finished up he backed away to admire his handiwork. He had certainly improved since the last time him and Endilix had done this, as the bandages faded away and Endilix's health increased again, albeit marginally. Emerath gave his brother a nod and backed away again to let Endilix do what he did best.

Combat

• ID: 37825
  • CD: 6 + 3 (9) (Success)
    • First Aid Target: Endilix
    • 4% of 41 HP = 1 HP Healed

Combat Results

• Endilix: 38/41 -> 39/41
Edited by Emerath

Endilix felt the healing effects of his brother's First Aid skill, and it made him feel good that Emerath had improved. Although, all things considered, Endilix really hadn't and it was getting on his nerves like nothing else. Endilix growled at the little plantlings hopping around him, which thankfully hadn't seen fit to really bother his brother. Endilix gave a bit of a roar as he swung his hammer around in an attempt to at least hit one of the creatures. This proved fruitless, although his flailing seemed to deter them from hitting him, which he took as a minor victory as he huffed and puffed, watching the creatures as they continued to dance around him.

Combat

• ID: 37827
  • BD: 4 (Failure) -2 EP
  • MD: 5 (Failure)

Combat Results

• Endilix: 39/41
    • Passive Energy Regen +1
    • EP: 7/9 -> 8/9 -> 6/9
Edited by Endilix

Emerath watched his brother flail about, and he was a bit glad that he had decided to give his brother space. Any closer and he might've hit him with his wild swings. Emerath shook his head, and approached his brother once again with his bandages once he was sure that he was done flailing. He wrapped them around Endilix again, allowing for another marginal increase in his health as the bandages faded away. Emerath then patted Endilix on the back and said, "Calm down, brother. You're better than this. If you center yourself I'm sure you can knock these little critters out of the park." After his mini motivational speech, Emerath took a nice jump back again, keeping his distance in case Endilix just started flailing again.

Combat

• ID: 37828
  • CD: 8 + 3 (11) (Success)
    • First Aid Target: Endilix
    • 4% of 41 HP = 1 HP Healed

Combat Results

• Endilix: 39/41 -> 40/41
Edited by Emerath

Endilix felt the effects of his brother's healing, and he smiled as his brother gave him a little pep talk. "Hm, I think you're right," he said, nodding to Emerath as he took a step back again from the battle. Endilix did as his brother said and closed his eyes as he brought his hammer to his chest and took a deep breath, while the little creatures danced around him. He could hear them around him, dancing, making little noises. His hammer began to glow with the activation of a Sword Art. Finally, the creatures got tired of waiting, and they all began to take another swoop at Endilix, but this time he was ready. As they came in from all three sides, Endilix snapped his eyes open and leapt backwards, causing the three creatures to hit nothing but air. Endilix slammed his hammer into the ground, sending a shockwave rippling through the ground, striking all three of the plantlings at once, and sending them flying as they exploded into pixels while they flew.

Endilix watched as a loot window popped open and he picked up the quest item that they needed, before turning and holding it out to Emerath, "Here we go, we got the item we needed. Quest complete."

Combat

• ID: 37827
  • BD: 6 (Success)
    • Sword Art Activated: Silent Blow 1x1 (AoE) = 5 DMG -2 EP

Combat Results

• Endilix: 40/41
    • EP: 6/9 -> 7/9 -> 5/9
  • Little Nepent: 5/5 -> 0/5 Dead!
    • LD: 8 (No Loot)
      • Gained Quest Item: <<Little Nepent's Ovule>> - Given to Emerath, the Party Leader
Edited by Endilix

Emerath walked up to his brother and clapped him on the shoulder. "Great job! I knew you could do it!" He smiled at his brother as he took the quest item and placed it into his inventory for turn-in later. "Well, with that taken care of, I suppose we ought to head back to the Town of Beginnings and turn it in. Get you the experience you need and my new sword." And with that, Emerath started to walk out of the forest back to the city. As he walked, he said back to Endilix, "You're going to be the best tank Aincrad has ever seen, brother. I won't ever let you doubt yourself."

Endilix looked into the trees as he tried to calm down after the battle. It wasn't that it was even all that stressful or difficult, he just didn't like how "inept" he had seemed to have become after his little hiatus with Flints. Perhaps I spent too much time away. I got rusty. It was worth it, but still... he thought to himself, before shaking his head and shaking the thoughts away. He would never use time away with her to justify his own failures. This was a roadblock Endilix himself had to overcome, and he would do so. As his brother told Endilix that he would be the best tank in Aincrad, Endilix couldn't help but smile, as he walked to catch up to his brother, "We'll be the greatest duo Aincrad has ever seen. Don't doubt yourself either, brother. You will be just as great."

Additional Notes:

• 1/3 OOC Regen
  • Passive Health Regen +3
  • HP: 40/41 -> 41/41
  • EP: 5/9 -> 6/9
Edited by Endilix

As Endilix came up beside Emerath, he smiled at his brother's comment and put an arm around his brother's shoulder as they walked. If not for the fact that one was clad entirely in metal armor, and the other was in a suit, you wouldn't have been able to tell the two apart at all as they walked through the hills of the first floor. "I don't disagree with you there." He smiled at him as they walked along, "You know, it has been far too long since you and I have had brotherly time like this. I think we should do it more often. Even though it annoys me how you act sometimes, I rather miss confusing people with the fact that we're twins. We should get you a suit that matches mine and start seeing how people react to us like we did back in high school. It'd be fun."

Endilix had unequipped his hammer and put his shield back on his back as he caught up to Emerath, and as Emerath put an arm around his shoulders, Endilix put an arm around his brother's waist as they walked along. Endilix couldn't help but laugh at Emerath's comments as he said, "You know, I wouldn't think that was a bad idea, except I think me being in a suit would confuse Flints way too much. Besides, how do I know this isn't some ploy to steal a kiss from my mate?" He eyed his brother with a playful smile, and clapped his brother on the back, "But, I do think it would be fun to be around each other more, that's for certain. We'll do all the quests Aincrad has to offer, beat all the bosses, and you'll find out every little secret in every little nook and cranny. It'll be glorious."

Additional Notes:

• 2/3 OOC Regen
  • EP: 6/9 -> 7/9
Edited by Endilix

Emerath couldn't help but turn a bit red at Endilix's jab, as he jumped away from his brother with a frown on his face, "Now, I would never! I respect you and Flints and your relationship." He crossed his arms and turned away from his brother as they walked, "Don't go trying to make me feel better with your sweet words." He pretended to pout as they walked, giving his brother the cold shoulder. The truth is, though. I can't even say I'd mind that. He gave a bit of a sigh, as he looked to his brother. Stupid Endilix. It has always been like this. Emerath looked out to the city, a bit forlorn that their time was drawing to an end. But, Emerath supposed that all they had to do was head back out again on another quest. He hoped it wouldn't be too long before that was the case.

Endilix frowned at the way his brother reacted. He can't actually... Endilix cocked his head a bit, thinking to himself. But he shook his head and looked to the city as Emerath did, the walls growing larger in the distance. Endilix decided to change the topic before things got out of hand and the good mood was ruined, as he said, "So, you know where to turn the quest in at, right?" As he asked the question, he realized how stupid of a question it probably was, but it was the best he had come up with in the short notice of his desire to switch topics. He gave a sigh. He always was bad at these types of things with his brother. He didn't want to push the issue though. Emerath was obviously torn about something.

Additional Notes:

• 3/3 OOC Regen - Full EP Regen
  • EP: 7/9 -> 9/9
Edited by Endilix

Emerath frowned and looked at his brother a bit annoyed, "Of course I know where the quest turn-in is. I'm the one who picked it up, and I have a map of the area besides." He considered punching his brother in the arm for his stupid question, but then he remembered that his brother was wearing metal all over his body, and thought better of the idea. Also, Emerath is a Martial Artist. The game could register it as an attack and cause damage and well, Endilix wouldn't have been very happy about that to say the least. Emerath just instead chuckled to himself, and put his hands in his pockets as they walked. "So, even if I never use it, what do you think of me wearing the sword anyway? I think wearing the sword would still look pretty cool."

Endilix looked at Emerath and his current gear setup, and he smiled, "Honestly, I've always thought it more weird that you don't wear a weapon. I think even if you don't use it, it would look less strange in a game called 'Sword Art Online' for you to have a sword. Besides, you'll have a bit of deception as people expect you to ready a weapon for combat and instead if you just strike them with your fists when they expect you to pull out a sword. You'll have a bit of a surprise advantage of already having your weapon ready." Endilix smiled at the thought of that as well. It was certainly right up Emerath's alley, that little bit of deception. "What do you think the sword looks like?" he asked, trying to keep the conversation flowing so they didn't end up just walking along in silence.

Edited by Endilix

Emerath shrugged, "Perhaps a bit elven, would be my guess. Though, considering this is a starter quest, I don't imagine it looks all that intricate." Emerath still thought it would be nice to be wearing a sword, and he liked the deception idea that Endilix had come up with. He smiled at his brother, "See, this is why I'm glad we're siblings. We think so much alike." Emerath looked back to the city. They had actually managed to kill quite a bit of time walking back towards the city and Emerath couldn't help but get excited at the thought of finishing their first real quest together, as brothers.

Endilix smiled at his brother, "Well, you've always been the brains of the operation. I'm just the meat shield." It wouldn't be too much longer before the brothers had found themselves in the city once again. Endilix could see the hustle and bustle of the South Gate of the city, as players went in and out, and went about their business inside the city. Endilix could see the markets and the parks of the Town of Beginnings, and all the NPCs intermixed with the players. It was always Emerath that made his way through the first floor town regularly, and Endilix was the one who was always on the upper floors, so the sight of so many players milling about was still odd to him. Endilix wondered if and when people would move on from the first floor, but he supposed most likely not until the Frontlines had made their way much higher in the game.

Emerath shook his head at Endilix, "You're far more than just a meat shield. If not for meeting you in this game, and knowing that I have my brother at my back, I can't say I would've made it as far as I have." Emerath looked into the city as they got closer and closer to the gate, "Honestly, as selfish or strange as it may seem, I'm rather happy that you got trapped in here with me. If we weren't together, I might've died." Emerath smiled at Endilix, "You've given me a much better chance of survival here than if you were just out there in the real world, taking care of my body. So thanks for putting on the NerveGear and entering the game with me."

Emerath and Endilix entered the city gates as Endilix listened to his brother's admission. He smiled at Emerath, and thought about what he was saying, and for a long time, Endilix had thought he was always wrong for having put on the NerveGear and entering SAO rather than watching the news and protecting his brother's body. But, his brother was right. Together, here in Aincrad, they stood a chance. Without one or the other, their chances were far more slim. Endilix nodded at Emerath, "You're right. I'm glad I'm here with you, and I'm glad that we can take on everything that this world has to offer together." He put a hand on Emerath shoulder as he looked at him, standing together in the gates of the city. "Now, we're here. Let's turn in this quest and go take on more."