[PP-F4] A +1 Bonus To Family (Flints)

Endilix had been rather busy cleaning up his bar as of late. Flints had gone out into the world for a bit of adventuring and alone time and he was happy to let her do so, as it had given him the opportunity to take care of some much needed things of his own. However, he was beginning to miss his mate, and often wondered when he'd be able to have a night with her once more. He gave a light sigh to himself as he wiped down the bar, wondering if maybe something was wrong. But no, thoughts like that were no good. He shook them away as he wiped down the counter once more, hoping she'd simply come home soon.

Flints sighed as she approached the familiar town, when the cold winter winds hit her she didn't gasp or freeze up, she took a light breathe and smiled down at Antillian. She cooed him and chuckled at how warm his fur was. "You must love this weather then, I bet the cold doesn't bother you one bit!" She patted his head and wondered along, getting closer and closer to her home. She had been gone quite a while, she had taken on way more than she could chew as of late and was missing her other half. She took a deep breath and instead of going straight to Emerath's as she had been to keep Antillian from Endilix she stopped. And starred at the bar door. Antillian cocked his head and begin to wonder and scratch at Emerath's door, as if to correct her mistake. "Oh no, we aren't going to bother him today, especially after the mess you made." She thought back to Tillians favorite past time of waiting till Emerath was carefully mixing potions and barking to startle him, causing him to break whatever was in his hands. She made Antillian wait and gave him a small talk. "Okay. You will be my shadow, flank me and if I halt, you halt. It shouldn't be that hard you usually do that..but anyways. I can't believe I kept you from him this long..but you like Emerath so I'm sure things will go well...I never even asked if he likes dogs.." Antillian growled at her calling him a "dog" before she could let him continue to be angry she pushed through the door and walked up to Endilix who was cleaning some tables and such. She was shivering with anxiety and quickly wrapped her arms around his neck and gave him a loving kiss before he could assess the situation. "I've missed you Dael~" she whispered into the kiss. She could feel Antillian becoming tense behind her as her heart raced. "Oh no.." She thought. "Maybe he thinks I'm attacking him.." 

Endilix was a bit surprised when the ding of his door bell had rung out, indicating that someone had arrived in the shop. He looked up from his cleaning to see that it was his mate, and his heart gave a little skip of happiness. He smiled at her, as she walked into the dimly lit bar, and walked up to him rather quickly. Before he could even get any words out, he was in her embrace and pulled into a kiss. He gladly returned this, wrapping his arms around his mate's waist in return. He pulled away from her slowly, after lingering on the kiss that he had missed so much, before looking into her eyes. A bit of a shiver ran through him from the cold emanating from her and her clothes from the outside, but he could live with that as long as she was in his arms. "This is certainly a pleasant surprise. You've been gone for quite a while. I've missed you as well, Kita~" Endilix was a bit too enamored by his mate and the surprise of seeing her to have noticed Antillian yet.

She smiled into the kiss and when he parted she quickly met him at the lips again, she could feel Antillian's fur bristle even more. She cocked her head a little and was going to gently nudge him with her foot but it was too late, Antillian began to let out a deep, almost blood thirsty growl. It was something she had yet to hear escape him, she released Endilix and turned to Antillian who starred not at her but at Endilix. His gaze never broke from the man as his lips curled, revealing all his sharp teeth, his canines were much longer than a normal wolves. Flints quickly snapped her had around his snout, shutting his mouth. "Uh, I uh, I went on a quest recently with your brother and..uh, I got a familiar.." She said the last part a little defeated by Antillian's display. 

Endilix pulled away from his mate to look over her shoulder at the wolf who was growling at him. "He's cute." Endilix said, practically ignoring the fact that the wolf was growling at him. Endilix moved towards Antillian slowly, while she kept her hand on his snout, before pushing her hand away, and placing his hand in front of the wolf's snout so that he could sniff. Endilix figured that one, he was a tank, what the wolf could do probably wouldn't be all that bad, and two, it was a safe zone. In the event the wolf attacked, it'd just bounce off of him, but then at least he'd know Antillian's true feelings. Until then, Endilix made no further movements, simply looking over his mate who stood next to him, taking in that there was more changed than he had thought. About the only thing that seemed to have remained the same was the light blue shirt that he recognized as his old starter shirt poking out from beneath a heavy set of armor. "It appears that your familiar isn't the only change, sweetheart."

Flints watched carefully as Antillian bristled when Endilix moved her hand Antillian bared his teeth once again, the snarls were worse since Endilix replaced her hand. "I don't know why he's being like this, he loves Emerath!" She growled at Antillian hoping maybe he just had to warm up to the idea of there being two "Emeraths". Flints began to blush at what Endilix said, she thought about what she was wearing last time they were together, her wolf mother pelt, and now she was adorned with the sand armor and her new claws which she carried on her back. The more she thought about it the more she realized she had indeed recieved a lot of things lately. She idly fumbled with her Hoyas before speaking. "I met a few new people. And next thing I knew I was being whisked back and forth on different missions." She shifted a little. Before meeting Endilix's eyes. "I really want you to meet Tristan. He took a quest with me and ever since then he's been taking most quests with me, he's a tank like you Dael!" She exclaimed excitedly. "And I met this player named Zelrius." She looked down and frowned. "He's the strongest thing I've ever seen..." 

Endilix shrugged at Antillian, not really pushing the idea of him liking him. "We may be brothers, but we still smell differently. Act differently. He may never love me as he does you, but I'm sure he can at least come to tolerate me in time. But if not, I'll probably still love him, as I do you." He crossed his arms and smiled at Flints, "Besides, I have a steak in the fridge. If he's nice, he can have it."

As Flints began to talk about her meeting and going on quests with new people, he was a mixture of happy for his mate, but also a bit melancholy. His face was fairly a mask as he looked over the the necklace, then the armor, and then the claws. "Well, at least it sounds like they have been taking care of you. I've heard rumors of both during my time in Aincrad. They're Frontliners who consistently participate in boss battles." He absentmindedly gripped his arm tightly as they remained crossed against his chest, to the point that he was digging his nails hard into his bicep. He tried to keep his eyes on his mate, but he couldn't help but end up looking away, "It's good that you're growing strong and taking on greater challenges. But I can't help but wonder, how much of that did you actually earn, or did they just shower these things on you in hopes that they could win you over with trinkets and baubles? My brother and I may not be Frontliners, but we have stood next to you through everything so far. Until now, as it were."

Flints sighed as Endilix talked about Antillian and thought bribery was enough, surprisingly Antillian perked up at the mention of "steak" he sat back and wagged his bushy tail slowly, assessing Endilix, before he could make any moves towards Endilix, flints embraced Endilix and kissed his neck and sighed into it, "you two are very different and yes for starters, you act different and smell different for sure.." She giggled into his ear softly before giving it a nip. She pulled away when he tensed up and began to talk about Tristan and Zelrius. "Of course he knows who they are" she thought to herself. She watched as his posture became more and more closed, he tightened his stance and looked away from her, they were small gestures but they singed her more than anything had in her time in Aincrad. She looked down at his feet as he talked. Flints felt her heart began to race and her throat started to develop a lump in it, the burning in it became so umbarable she felt as though she was going to drown. Her lungs ached with the weight of the air she could no longer keep in. Her body shook a little as she tried to fight its begging for air. She wasn't angry. She was hurt. But she didn't think he was wrong. Tristan handed her these claws he had made specifically for her after their big battle with the Guardian's, Zelrius handed her the dropped armor. She closed up more and more and her eyes couldn't help but dart between Antillian and the door, never meeting Endilix. "Believe what you want. You wouldn't know, you weren't there." She snapped. Before she could speak more she bit her lip and quickly begin to make her way away from the two, she needed air, quickly before her lungs burst.

Edited by Flints

Endilix could feel Flints tighten up against him, as he had done himself. He had never done that around her, though to be fair, he had never felt that way with her. And he still didn't. He was angry at these powerful players, using their position to try to leverage someone he cared about. Although, as he looked over her, in her armor, and her claws, as she leaned against him, even as closed as they were, he couldn't be too angry. These people had kept her alive, and helped prepare her for the dangers that Aincrad had to offer, much as the brothers themselves had done from the very beginning.

As Flints pulled away, and began to walk off, Endilix grabbed her wrist, and before saying another word had produced a folded up set of heavy armor, which looked strikingly similar to the Wolf Mother's Heavy Pelt, but emanated with a different sort of power. Finally he said, "You're right. I wasn't there, and I apologize for being so judgmental. It appears they have kept you safe, and for that much I am thankful. I don't know if you need it now, but Emerath and I worked together and got you this. We attempted to upgrade your Wolf Mother's Heavy Pelt into something a bit more befitting of you and the power you deserve. The power that we have all strove for together." He held the folded armor out to her, after releasing her wrist, hopeful that she would take it rather than continue on her way, as he smiled at his mate and said, "I can't say we're much better in the end. We're just as guilty for showering you with a trinket now."

Flints turned round to lash out at Endilix's grip but as she turned he was already holding out what looked like armor. She stared at it blankly and didn't look up to him. The hurt feelings that swirled in her weren't going away. She gritted her teeth and sighed. She looked up into his eyes and and gave in. She ran back to him and tackled him to the floor, squeezing him tightly. She didn't know what to think. As they hit the ground with a loud thud Antillian began to growl wondering if Flints was attacking Endilix. It was quite the opposite. She gasped and squeezed him tighter. Giving him no reason for why she reacted this way. She just held onto him tightly. "Well..to be fair..this armor suits you more than anything..so maybe we can trade.." She sighed. Wondering if that was a good idea or not. She really did miss her wolf mother armor, so he made her an offer she really couldn't resist. The odd feelings about all of this didn't disperse. Even after Endilix told her what she meant she couldn't help but feel it was aimed at her. It just made her want to prove him wrong. She made sure to hide these thoughts. She climbed off him and sat beside him. Calling Antillian over and petting him as he stood beside her. "I need to shower you two In gifts now" she giggled. 

Endilix had been fully expecting for her to lash out or continue out the door. He had not been expecting for her to barrel into him and knock him to the floor. Had she come at him any harder, she might've registered the safe zone defenses. He hit the ground with an "Ooof!" and heard Antillian begin to growl as he felt Flints squeeze the air out of him. He grunted, but his hands found themselves wrapped around his mate in return of the gesture, and he gave her a quick kiss, before she separated herself and sat next to him. As he got air back in his lungs from the surprise tackle, he considered the idea of them trading armor, and he opened up an inspection screen of her new gear to take a look at what her armor had to offer. "Hm, I've heard about this armor. Armor of the Sands. It's a bit more brownish than I normally would like, but I suppose that would have to do for now. I think that would be a fine trade. Here, take a look at the armor we made." He picked the Strength of the Wolf Mother up off the ground where he had dropped it in the flurry of being tackled and held it out to Flints, poking it to pop open the stats on the armor. Finally Endilix responded to her last comment with a smile and a wink as he said, "I can think of at least one gift you can give me, since I haven't seen you in so long."

Flints looked over the armor he produced and purred happily. It was beautiful. And right up her alley. The more she looked it over the more she fell inlove with it, she looked over the armor she wore and glaced back to Endilix. "Yeah...this certainly would do you more good...being a tank and all.." She sighed, it was a good addition to her while it lasted and she wondered if the ones who helped her get it would say something. She shrugged it off and knew if they were in her placed they would go for something more beneficial to their style. So a fine trade it was indeed. She listened to Endilix talk while she wondered all this and before she could give him any sort of affection his last comment threw her for a loop and she reddened and gently kicked out at him. "Well now, make up your mind, do you wanna explore Aincrad or stay in a few more weeks?" She giggled not able to shake her flustered state. She hugged Antillian tight whispering into his fur. "Well now I think I'm going to have to put you in another room before it gets awkward." Antillian whined at the thought of leaving her side. And flints peaked up through his fur to look over her mate. She had missed him very much...she shook her head and kicked him playfully again, cursing the fact that he had ruined her thoughts. 

Edited by Flints

Endilix couldn't help but laugh at his mate as she got so flustered at his words. "Well, I can't help it if you're so lovely. You are the only gift I need." Endilix leaned over and squeezed his mate's shoulder, before giving her a kiss and then slowly standing up, working out the light pains that she had caused by tackling him. He rolled his left shoulder. She had managed to especially knock him hard into that, with him crashing into one of the shelves. He chuckled, surprised at the fact that he hardly minded the damage. "Well, I'm glad we're in agreement. You try on the new armor, and I'll try on that set, and we'll compare how each other looks. Though, I'm sure you're going to win in that contest."

Endilix winked at her and said, "Oh, and about staying in for a few more weeks? You wouldn't find me complaining about that one bit."

Flints stayed sitting on the ground looking over her lover and smiling. She quickly equipped the armor him and Emerath worked hard to get and looked it over, falling back as she tried to turn around and look at her backside, the armor was fitted just like before, but had an edgy look to it, hard bones covered her sensitive areas, small tuffs of dark fur stuck out accenting the armor. Unlike the previous wolf mother pelt this one wasn't white. She was secretly thankful for that. If her armorshad continued to be white by the end of their journey they would be rust red.  in the commotion of things she looked back up to Endilix and looked away quickly from his words.  "I doubt I'll win that contest, you are a very worthy adversary. Ah Well then it's settled, we will stay in a few more weeks." the more they spoke on the subject the redder she became. Not that she was complaining too much. she missed that sort of closeness greatly and didn't want to admit it. 

Edited by Flints

Endilix watched as his mate put on her new armor and handed over the new armor to him. He smiled at how she looked in it, Emerath had managed to convert the armor to look good in all of the right places, and he was pleased at his brother's work. In response, he equipped his new armor, the Armor of the Sands, and he could feel the power emanating from it. It was bulky, and a lighter brown, as one would have expected from an armor entitled "of the Sands" and he smiled as he felt the weight of it. It wasn't constricting, and he could move his body fairly fluidly, as the plates of the armor shifted to allow for the movement. He gave a turn, and showed himself off to Flints, and smiled down at her. "I love the feel of it. I feel like an actual tank wearing this. So now how do we decide which of us looks better, exactly?" He winked at her and as he saw her get red at the thought of spending time together he couldn't help but chuckle, though he found himself getting a bit red as well. "Well... I'm glad we're in agreement. That'll give time for Antillian to get used to me too. Many much steaks for the pup until he loves me just as much as you." He winked at Flints, and then gave a sly smile to the wolf.

Additional Notes:

• Strength of the Wolf Mother (+2 Heavy Momentum, +3 MIT, Heavy Armor) Given to Flints
  • Armor of the Sands (+6 MIT, +1 Thorns) Accepted from Flints

Flints sat back on the couch and pulled Endilix by his hips to her, she sat back and looked him over, gently turning him around and blushing. She hadn't gotten to look him over in a while. His slim build in armor that gave him a little more definition was wonderful. He wasn't a fan of the color she knew but she liked it on him anyways. "Well I thought you would come up with a good way to tell who won, we could look for Emerath and get his opinion." She chuckled. "Or we can say it was a draw. I think you look very handsome." She rested her chin on his abdomen, holding his hips and looking up at him, she reached up and tried to stroke his hair. "Well I think he will get the idea that we are close once he sees us sleep beside eachother..." She trailed off at the thought and reddened. "Or maybe he can spend the night at Emerath's..." She coughed blushing from the terribly wonderful thoughts that filled her head.